Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12
Re: Werchter Belgium 28 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 29, 2014 12:58

Here is my short review of Werchter. I came back early in the morning and had a good short sleep.

Triggerfinger : What a great band! Best support band I've seen with the Stones in ages.

Simple Minds : Was a lacklustre performance. Maybe Jimm Kerr was ill? Anyway not so good as I expected.

I was 30 meters behind FOS Keith side. The sound was very good, also loud. Comparable to Rome I would say. Only Pinkpop had better sound.

JJF - Again great opener and a great rendition. Love it.
Wild Horses - Ronnie played lovely solo's on that one.
Doom and Gloom : Best version I've seen (Pinkpop Rome and Werchter)
Midnight Rambler : Very long version and an amazing solo by Mick Taylor.
It's All Over Now ; Nice touch to play this tribute to Bobby Womack. The intro was great, and the solo by Keith was even more great.
You Got The Silver : Every time a little different, which is great to me. This time I had the feeling it was a little faster played.
SFTD : This time I heard the little riffs again as played at the first O2 concerts in 2012.

Mick Jagger was all smiles as was Keith and Ronnnie. In fact the whole band. They enjoyed the show a lot. The crowd was great to me, as was the band. The level of performance was again very high!

Thank you Rolling Stones! I had a great show. (a very short impulsive review, I guess I will write more later on)

Posted by: WilcoMick ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:03

Great show yesterday, somewhat silent golden circle crowd, maybe because in between shows they had drinks and foods in a tent besides the show? Not your average Stones audience up front, I don't know, didn't care. I thought the Stones played very well. I'll write a separate review for the reports part.

A few words about the location though. I'd been in Werchter before, but must have forgotten about it. To be honest, this is not a good location for such big crowds. 20 years ago someone thought, let's do a rock festival. Good idea, but only just for once! The location is difficult to reach but even more difficult to leave with so many cars on small roads! How can you do that? Stop this immediately!! Compared with the Dusseldorf stadium show I saw, I clearly prefer that setting, easy access and no problem leaving the site! Tonight it took me 3 hours to get back to Voorschoten (Leiden), a 180 km trip, and from what I read that was even fast angry smiley

Oh well, it's the Stones that matter and we all had a great night !!!

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:06

24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin
As for the setlists ~ the way The Stones are rolling these days its their choice to play whatever songs they feel comfortable with. MICK doesn't like to take risks on lesser played songs, he knows they can pull these tried and true songs off well and the crowds go wild all over the world. Everyone knows these are the some of the best songs ever written! At this stage they are not trying to reinvent the wheel.

We are what matters, not them. They have asked a lot from us in payment for their presence. The joke's on us that they have decided to give us so little.

What do you mean "so little" - Mick trains himself to destruction, Keith struggles through arthritic pain and disability, Ronnie has got himself sober, Charlie has an agonising back and just ploughs on through and they deliver a spectacle that is a joy for anyone who goes there. They try to ensure they give a terrific show every night and put in at least one surprise and anyone Who says any of this is seen as an **! Licker as opposed to a "real fan"

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:07

It is sometimes like that the festivals...the most important, that's been to see the Stones...Chris...winking smiley Satisfied that you spend good time

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:20

It was great! I had a good time!
Best support band was Triggerfinger, this band is really great!!
The Stones were fantastic!!! I stood against the golden circle, it was funny, the people who stood 2 meters before has paid twice as much than i....
Anyway, i had a very good time with some great bands, except Simple Minds.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:27

steffiestones
The Stones were fantastic!!! I stood against the golden circle, it was funny, the people who stood 2 meters before has paid twice as much than i....

smiling smiley

Posted by: rollingknokke ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:28

It was a good show. The videowall and the sound were super. I was standing with my family at the back. Super view and the sound (there!!!!) was magnificient. It is a concert in open air and i can't compair it with Dusseldorf,Paris,Zurich. But a lot of non stones fans who can say now that they have seen our favorites. Good perfomance of Mick Taylor and Lisa.
My personal opinion. Great,great show and we can see that they enjoy two play together.

Re: Rolling Stones - Werchter Belgium, 28 June 2014
Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:28

Deathgod
MononoM
Just back from Belgium, awesome show, pity the stage was bit high.. but great show smiling smiley))) Some videos I made:

Doom and Gloom
It's All Over Now
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You

Enjoy smiling smiley

Wow that stage height is crazy. Hopefully the stadium shows in Australia and NZ have a lower stage. I'd be peeved paying top $$ and not being able to see.

i went to 4 shows in europe, landgraaf, berlin, dusseldorf and werchter. the stages at the first 3 shows were much lower as the one at werchter. i guess it depends on the venue.. enjoy the shows youre goint to in AU and NZ smiling smiley) Wish i could come too lol smiling smiley

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:41

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
TheBlockbuster
What bugs me about tonights setlist is how they excluded the song vote slot when they could have played both Its all over now and the song vote winner. Quite disrespectful throughwards the thousands of fans who took their time to vote for the song they wanted to hear.
thumbs up Playing one more song? That would be outrageous!

They just could have dropped You got me rocking and played IORR as second song.
Than we could have had IAON and the webvote.

Date: June 29, 2014 13:41

Harm
steffiestones

smiling smiley

Date: June 29, 2014 13:43

Harm
steffiestones

smiling smiley
Harm, Kan je me de foto tonen die je gisteren heb genomen van me? winking smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:45

EJM
24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin
As for the setlists ~ the way The Stones are rolling these days its their choice to play whatever songs they feel comfortable with. MICK doesn't like to take risks on lesser played songs, he knows they can pull these tried and true songs off well and the crowds go wild all over the world. Everyone knows these are the some of the best songs ever written! At this stage they are not trying to reinvent the wheel.

We are what matters, not them. They have asked a lot from us in payment for their presence. The joke's on us that they have decided to give us so little.

What do you mean "so little" - Mick trains himself to destruction, Keith struggles through arthritic pain and disability, Ronnie has got himself sober, Charlie has an agonising back and just ploughs on through and they deliver a spectacle that is a joy for anyone who goes there. They try to ensure they give a terrific show every night and put in at least one surprise and anyone Who says any of this is seen as an **! Licker as opposed to a "real fan"

AMEN TO THAT, EJM thumbs up

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:54

Plink
EJM
24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin

Good point. As fans, we don't see this aspect.

Posted by: caschimann ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:54

Plink
EJM
24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin

smiling smiley :-) :-)

Date: June 29, 2014 13:55

steffiestones
Harm
steffiestones

smiling smiley
Harm, Kan je me de foto tonen die je gisteren heb genomen van me? winking smiley

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:57

mr_dja
I see so many posts, in various other show threads, suggesting that the vote is rigged or predetermined. It is typically met with a wink and a nod or a rolling of the eyes. Sometimes sarcasm and maybe a complaint or two. Tonight the vote song was dropped and now there's outrage about the voters not being given their due. I don't remember seeing this outrage before. Maybe outrage is the wrong word. As I see it, at the last moment, they decided to omit a feature of their show and insert a song they rarely play in tribute to a friend who had just passed away. And people complain. eye rolling smiley

Plus, weren't they on a time limit? What was their allotment and what did they play?

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Nate

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 29, 2014 13:57

What a band.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:09

Harm
24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin

24FPS, we (fans) represent 1% of those who paid for a ticket...all the rest doesn't care

I totally understand how setlist discussion can get long in the tooth but this 1% myth is equally tiresome.

Thanks to all for their comments on the show. As always, an entertaining thread despite the childish and self-aggrandizing posts of some.

Date: June 29, 2014 14:19

fahthree
Harm
24FPS
BitchKeepsBitchin

24FPS, we (fans) represent 1% of those who paid for a ticket...all the rest doesn't care

I totally understand how setlist discussion can get long in the tooth but this 1% myth is equally tiresome.

Thanks to all for their comments on the show. As always, an entertaining thread despite the childish and self-aggrandizing posts of some.
I wasn't really discussing the setlist...I understand their choice...on with the show

Posted by: Parisrambler ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:19

Rolling Hansie
benstones
I am at the corner.
The stage is HORRIBLY high. It is a shame!!!
It is like Abu Dhabi...
I am Keith side. I am not gonna see Charlie at all. Neither Ronnie.

Stop nagging about the stage and walk back, so you can see better.

For the other 66.499 people the stage is right!! Nice view from middle FOS

Posted by: NEWMAN ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:21

Irix
Ladykiller

Mick indroduced Ronnie, before Chuck Leavell???

It's stated on [www.rollingstones.com] , but I think it's the usual Twitter mistake .....

He introduced Chuck BEFORE Ron!

Show was good, sound horrible, Rambler perfect, croud left by the thousands during YCOGWYW....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-29 14:21 by NEWMAN.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:28

regarding the "19 songs" axiom. I think that "they" decided already month ago that 19 songs is the most they can confidently do with success night after night. In cases they feel conformable and in shape (most shows in the passing month) they extend some songs either with longer jams (MR) or just by adding a minute or so of extended "end of song" (JJF, GS, Satisfaction, TD). The pattern is obvious. I think that we should not expect that (relatively) occasional jumping into cold water we say, here and there, a year ago in North America with the MT playing in additional songs etc. etc.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:38

What was realy crazy yesterday that here in The Netherlands the weather was ok, no raining at all, but when I was driving my car and I arrived at the Belgium border, suddenly it was raining like hell.

The concert was great! They played exellent, maybe the sound was a little lower than at Pinkpop, Landgraaf, but somehow it was less sharp, so a better experience for me.

It always kicks ass when the intro musick starts and it's such an adrealine kick to hear the first guitar chords of JJF! Wow!

IAON was exellent, also Wild Horses. Great to hear those songs! A couple of days ago I never expected these to hear at Werchter. It's a festival so I was afraid to hear Angie again. Great!
But why not dropping You got me rocking for IAON, so you also get the webchoice?

Keith was great, although Can't be seen was not perfect and the intro of Gimme Shelter was.... well... not the best I've heard, to put it lightly.

Rambler was exellent and it still is fantastic to see and hear Taylor live performing with the Stones. Nobody would have believed this ever being possible 5 years ago.

I saw a great concert yesterday and would not have wanted to miss it for all the money in the world!

But trying to get away with my car was even worse than in 2007. I was at the parkinglot around 1 o'clock and at half past two I was still on the same spot. Nothing had happened in all that time. I was back home at aprox half past four (the journey to it I did in 80 minutes!!) So maybe next time I'm going to another place to see them, this was realy absurd!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-30 14:16 by GJV.

Date: June 29, 2014 14:45

Forgot to mention that (as strange as it is) Start Me Up was another highlight. Performed really well (yes, also the intro!) And a think I heard Jagger singing a little piece of it in Tattoo You style.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:48

Wroclaw
regarding the "19 songs" axiom. I think that "they" decided already month ago that 19 songs is the most they can confidently do with success night after night. In cases they feel conformable and in shape (most shows in the passing month) they extend some songs either with longer jams (MR) or just by adding a minute or so of extended "end of song" (JJF, GS, Satisfaction, TD). The pattern is obvious. I think that we should not expect that (relatively) occasional jumping into cold water we say, here and there, a year ago in North America with the MT playing in additional songs etc. etc.

Why do you think that is? I would think confidence would grow with each passing show, not recede. Part of me has thought for years they simply adapt the show to what they know they can get away with to satisfy each audience.

Re: Rolling Stones - Werchter Belgium, 28 June 2014
Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 29, 2014 14:51

MononoM
Just back from Belgium, awesome show, pity the stage was bit high.. but great show smiling smiley))) Some videos I made:

Doom and Gloom
It's All Over Now
It's Only Rock'n Roll
Miss You

Enjoy smiling smiley

Thanks for posting those, MononoM! It's All Over Now sounds mighty mighty fine.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 29, 2014 15:05

Once again, it was a real great show in spite of the wet weather.
It was really worthy to wait all day long.
I loved the set list and the Stones did a great performance.
TERRIFIC! smileys with beer

Posted by: rollingrichard ()
Date: June 29, 2014 15:09

Saw Bjurnolf on the bus, when we went to the concert, and thanked him for his good works on this site !

Great show, great audience , beer 2.50 Euro, free toilets, free water, fair prices !

I had a hostel in Leuven, left during YCAGWYW, because of the horrible bus-stories that I have heard, and going back to Holland as in 2007 was no option, it's horrible to drive back, takes hours and hours.

35 buses were bringing people back to Leuven, in 20 minutes time. I was in the hostel ( with a cold beer ! ) at half past one.

Didn't mind skipping the half of YCAGWYW and Satisf, as you heard them being played while leaving the field, and sometimes you could just turn your head to see the video's.

But the bus logistics were the best in the world, yesterday-night ! Chapeau to LIJN 1, the buscompany.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: June 29, 2014 15:11

Good review in HUMO (leading Flemish magazine on media, culture, arts, society etc.):

[ HUMO - Serge Simonart ]

P.S.: it's in Dutch.

Date: June 29, 2014 15:15

Regarding the weather at Werchter. It was dry during the concert untill the middle of MR. It was a slight drizzle. Never a probem.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112Next
Current Page: 7 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1709
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home