Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 10, 2014 19:11

Messi did nothing against holland, he seems lazy....Germans will stomp on him

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 10, 2014 19:58

Harm
Both teams made almost no mistakes defending, making the game boring for neutral spectators. Argentina had one chance, Holland had one chance. Must be a boring game.
It was like watching a judo match between two strong men. Nothing happens till someone sees the chance...Now I'm curious to see how Germany will break that wall.

A quick early goal, by either side will open it up wide!

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:09

Messi may be low-key in his approach to the game, but he's very effective. Give some credit to the Netherland's defense. Messi isn't a flashy performer like Robben (who flaps his arms and gesticulates wildy every time he touches the ball) but he's played very well this WC. He came pretty close to scoring against the Netherlands and had a beautiful pass that should have been an assist.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:10

Congrats to Argentina !

Netherlands vs Germany would have been a more attractive game cause Holland has a more offense style. With Argentina it will be a very tough and close game. Argentina has such a strong defense it is hard to score.

Funnily some people think they should play beautiful. In reality they never really did. They always had world class players: Maradona, Mario Kempes, Messi and many others. But as a national team they rarely played "beautiful" in a way Brazil or Spain did. Argentina had always beautiful moments cause of their genius players. But all in all they are playing with a very strong defense, destroying the other team, clever tactic and waiting for Maradonas`/Kempes/ Messi`s genius moment to score.

So in the end it will be a close 50/50 match, perhaps less attractive for some people to watch , but most of the football finals are going this way. Compare it to boxing: the close heavyweight fights are often boring, cause everybody knows the fight is over if I get this punch. Often the lower classes are the more attractive fights...
But in football you never know what will gonna happen..

Tom

Date: July 10, 2014 20:10

He seemed to be walking a lot at mid field

Date: July 10, 2014 20:12

He's not a speedster like Neymar, but he's very patient and usually makes the most of his opportunities.

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:41

I'm very surprised that Holland didn't beat Argentina. I think they are the only team that had a chance of beating Germany who I don't think will be troubled much by Argentina.

The Dutch live in Holland but the Germans call their homeland 'Dutchland' - it's a funny old world.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 10, 2014 20:53

I've just read that Sabella is not only the Argentina coach, but it's also the name of a rock band in UK: [www.sabellaband.co.uk]

Date: July 10, 2014 21:03

Deluxtone
I'm very surprised that Holland didn't beat Argentina. I think they are the only team that had a chance of beating Germany who I don't think will be troubled much by Argentina.

The Dutch live in Holland but the Germans call their homeland 'Dutchland' - it's a funny old world.

Deutschland actually...it's subtle but oh so different.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:09

Cristiano Radtke
I've just read that Sabella is not only the Argentina coach, but it's also the name of a rock band in UK: [www.sabellaband.co.uk]

He played for Sheffield Utd and they're from Sheffield, although obviously far too young to have seen him play. He came over after the 78 world cup, same time as Ardiles and Villa going to Spurs.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 10, 2014 21:45

electricmud
Congrats to Argentina !

Netherlands vs Germany would have been a more attractive game cause Holland has a more offense style. With Argentina it will be a very tough and close game. Argentina has such a strong defense it is hard to score.

Funnily some people think they should play beautiful. In reality they never really did. They always had world class players: Maradona, Mario Kempes, Messi and many others. But as a national team they rarely played "beautiful" in a way Brazil or Spain did. Argentina had always beautiful moments cause of their genius players. But all in all they are playing with a very strong defense, destroying the other team, clever tactic and waiting for Maradonas`/Kempes/ Messi`s genius moment to score.

So in the end it will be a close 50/50 match, perhaps less attractive for some people to watch , but most of the football finals are going this way. Compare it to boxing: the close heavyweight fights are often boring, cause everybody knows the fight is over if I get this punch. Often the lower classes are the more attractive fights...
But in football you never know what will gonna happen..

Tom

More offensive style? 240 minutes without a goal, Netherlands vs. Costa Rica and Argentina.

Date: July 10, 2014 21:47

Too bad holland didn't play Brazil.... 10-0?

Date: July 10, 2014 21:57

The Netherlands didn't score a goal in their last two games. They peaked early.

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 10, 2014 22:00

BroomWagon
More offensive style? 240 minutes without a goal, Netherlands vs. Costa Rica and Argentina.

Well not in these games but in general Holland has an offensive style for decades. But of course it depends on the teams they are playing against. You can`t play just offensive when you playing the world top teams. You are out
quickly.
The tough thing with Argentina is to score against the strong defense and not giving Messi room for a genius moment.

Tom

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 10, 2014 22:17

treaclefingers
Deluxtone

Indeed, Dutch would beat the Germans hands down if the World Cup was for cheese varieties. But on the other hand the Germans would run rings round the Dutch if it came to a beer brewing contest. >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-10 22:43 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 10, 2014 22:26

I think I will toss a coin and could be either team.

Germany had an incredible half hour that I witnessed on a big screen TV at Gatwick airport, but that's not ever gonna happen again.

Argentina on top form can win.................so can Germany. thumbs up

Date: July 10, 2014 22:30

Silver Dagger
treaclefingers
Deluxtone

Indeed, Dutch would beat the Germans hands down if the World Cup was for cheese varieties. But on the other hand the German would run rings round the Dutch if it came to a beer brewing contest. >grinning smiley<

I do find Heineken a bit watery...the Coors Light of European brews.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 10, 2014 22:55

bv
kleermaker
bv
I don't know much about football

The rest of your post is indeed proof of that.

I think you must be a fan with an orange T-shirt if you think Netherlands were the best team last night. These are direct quotes from the "orange" team themselves:

“We created tiny chances,” Robben said. “I had one right before full time. It didn’t come on to me nicely.”

Van Gaal was more brutal, or maybe just more realistic, in his assessment.

“We didn’t create very much,” the coach said.

Not at all, I'm the most critical person on the Dutch national football team you can ever imagine and I fully agree with the statements made by Robben and Van Gaal and I could easily add many more critical comments. But your post shows a fundamental lack of insight in football, as you yourself confirm, by literally saying that you don't know much about football. I fully agree with that statement because you post is proof of it.

Date: July 10, 2014 23:10

I can't imagine the Dutch will want to be beaten by the Brazilian team that were eviscerated days before, nor do I think the Brazilian team will let that happen again, and will be trying for a big game to save some face.

Saturday's game could be more fun to watch than Sunday's!

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 10, 2014 23:20

treaclefingers
I can't imagine the Dutch will want to be beaten by the Brazilian team that were eviscerated days before, nor do I think the Brazilian team will let that happen again, and will be trying for a big game to save some face.

I really hope you're right treacle, but you don't know anything about the Dutch approach of the 'little' or as we call it here 'consolation' finale. I think most even think it's the Trauer Final, to say it in German.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 10, 2014 23:39

You are so right!

Saturday could be a game for Brasil to prove they are still up there with the best.

Same goes for Netherlands who could have gone through if penalty shoot out had gone their way.

Both teams deserved to get to semi-finals, and best team won in one game...................and unlucky,in the other game. smoking smiley

Date: July 11, 2014 00:37

Dutch won't play , it's not worth it

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 11, 2014 00:47

after the great game Germany : Brazil with 7:1

I believe Germany will be the winner

Date: July 11, 2014 05:40

kleermaker
treaclefingers

I really hope you're right treacle, but you don't know anything about the Dutch approach of the 'little' or as we call it here 'consolation' finale. I think most even think it's the Trauer Final, to say it in German.

You're right, I don't know about that...however I think Brazil will come out swinging and that will leave Netherlands with a choice of either being beaten, proving they didn't deserve to be there, or to play hard, to prove to their country they deserved to win.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 11, 2014 07:23

I think Argentina wins it and win it as a team not because of their star player.

Vamos Argentina!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 11, 2014 08:06

Nate
I am from London and I am English but my teams chances of winning the World Cup were less than the stones chances of going on for another fifty years.

I have been watching Messi play for several years now and he is the greatest player I have ever seen,so given this and the fact that I am not particularly patriotic I decided two years ago to support Argentina for this World Cup.

So now Argentina arrive in the final and play against the mighty Germany lets all hope for a great game with two footballing superpowers going up against each other and surely as there are rumours of the Rolling Stones playing in Argentina next year wouldn't it be great to visit Argentina to see your favourite band in a country that is still on a high from winning the World Cup.

Good luck Argentina thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Nate

...and I was totally convinced that you were a blind Argentinian fan who speaks perfectly English! I Am very amazed!
You deserve to get a "La Pulga"'s authograph someday!
Do you know a coproduction docu film directed by Alex de la Iglesia about his life was recently released.?!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 11, 2014 09:25

I hope for an early German goal....after that, may the best team win

Date: July 11, 2014 10:33

Aregentina was w/o their best, IMO, player Di Maria. Germany has to re-up after that incredible high, and refocus. I think Argentina is actually the favorite. Germany might feel like they already won it after that thrashing they gave Brazil.
Germany is the team I support but I can niot forget that performance against France.
Came into tournament with high hopes for NL but saw them play so dirty against Costa rica and then esp. Argentina that it turned me off.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 11, 2014 11:10

Germany vs Argentina 1-1 after full time...and 30 minutes later 1-3 to Argentina....don't mess with Messi...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: July 11, 2014 11:38

I think Germany has the far better Players (in general), the better Team and, this is perhaps most important, they are very focussed to win the Cup after being 100times in semi-finals and finals without winning a title! I don´t think they will take the final easy, just because of this 7:1 against Brazil ... This was a very Special game and the Players know that very well, something like that won´t happen again for the next 50 years ...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1199
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home