Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 9, 2014 18:56

Nobody flops more than Brazil and Argentina

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 9, 2014 18:59

This time tomorrow the Dutch team will be on their flight back to the Netherlands because Mr Messi is coming for you tonight smiling bouncing smiley

Nate

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2014 18:59

zgubi

Still gathering news pace in the UK.....

So, I guess Brazil 2015 is off then,,,,,,,,,,,,,[www.mirror.co.uk]

Date: July 9, 2014 19:07

Brazil was overrated.....

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 9, 2014 19:25

skyhawk
The Worst.
Captain Teague
Come On
Allright then...GO Netherland GO!

Dive, dive, dive

Yes - and he has been getting away with it for too many years now.
Benitez made some funny and sarcastic comments about back in 2005,
saying he didn't have time to do the interview because he had to visit Robben at the hospital.

[www.youtube.com]

He, Robben, admitted that he did dive once in the game against Mexico. That was not the moment when he deserved (and I mean deserved) the penalty at the end of the game, but that was a moment in the first half of this game.

[www.ad.nl]

It was not very clever of him to admit that, because the international press quoted him as he mentioned that he got the penalty because of this dive.
If Robben didn’t say something (and the press did not quote him wrong) 80% of the people didn’t noticed. That is why it was not very clever of him to admit. And now Robben is a diver to the whole world. And if Robben is a diver, what about C. Ronaldo, M. Ballotelli, L. Figo, etc. etc. etc.
On the other hand: I thought there was a rule that someone who made a “schwalbe”, will get a yellow card for that. I did not see any referee doing that at the WC?

I'm not basing my opinion about Robben from the game against Mexico. My claim was that Robben has been diving during his entire professional career, providing a link to an incident back in 2005. I could probably show you a 100 more videos from similar incidents, including the "infamous" dives against Bochum, Hannover and Arsenal. It's about time that the world press finally pays attention to his acting skills. You list three other players that is nowhere near Robben when it comes to diving. Robben is exploiting every single opportunity to fall dramatically to the ground with a painful face expression - always screaming in agony. It's pathetic IMO.

Date: July 9, 2014 19:31

Like I said nobody flip flops more than Brazil and Argentina .....robben is just better at it

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 9, 2014 20:00

I agree about Robben, did he learn this in Germany, or has he always done this? I'm Dutch and I don't like it, I would not be super happy if the win because of an obvious dive. He is good enough, he doesn't need to do it.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 20:06

van Persie is more fair play, doesn't need to cheat

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 9, 2014 20:53

jpasc95
alimente
jpasc95
treaclefingers
Anyway, you can't say the Germans didn't play a good game today.

no this is your logical conclusion, not mine. I won't lose my time explaining why because I know too much how things turn here when you have a different opinion...intolerance, insults...that's enough for me.

ok Germany won the game tonight and deserves to go to the final
But Brazil totally missed that game. They were out of topic !

In the first 10 minutes I did not have the impression that Brazil "totally missed that game" and were "out of topic". But ok, you obviously have problems to explain why you think that Germany was not playing a good game against Brazil...appears that you simply use football to hide the fact that you have issues with Germany, sorry, but that's my impression.
I was talking about the other 80 minutes of course. They totally missed these 80 minutes and were out of topic.

I don't believe anyone's insulted you jpasc95...just called into question your apparent disdain for the, in your words, 'graceless Germans'.

I do believe you're the only person that has come close to hurling an insult, and when you are asked 'why do you feel that way', or 'give some examples', your response is to act 'injured'.

If you really feel that way, provide some examples, as long as you don't feel you are 'losing your time', but don't question why people question you...you offered that opinion that some found questionable and perhaps even objectionable, and you can't or won't substantiate it.

We didn't ask for your opinion but we're within our right to ask why. It's apparent you do not have a reason, or perhaps your reason isn't 'reasonable'?

Posted by: electricmud ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:02

Koen
I agree about Robben, did he learn this in Germany, or has he always done this? I'm Dutch and I don't like it, I would not be super happy if the win because of an obvious dive. He is good enough, he doesn't need to do it.

Of course he did learn it from Germans. All the bad things come from Germany. We have the worst players, always cheating, most fouls, most cards and less attractive style and tactic comparing to all other nations.

I´m very familiar with football since early seventies. But when I fellow some "experts" in this thread here I don`t get this German bashin.

Anybody noticed the fair and respectful reaction of the German players and team after this historic match? I don´t wanna imagine all bashing reactions if Brasil, Spain or Argentina would have won like this in Germany.

At least there are a few sportsmen on this board.

Tom

Date: July 9, 2014 21:04

Brazil has the most fouls in this cup

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:09

electricmud
Koen

Of course he did learn it from Germans. All the bad things come from Germany. We have the worst players, always cheating, most fouls, most cards and less attractive style and tactic comparing to all other nations.

I´m very familiar with football since early seventies. But when I fellow some "experts" in this thread here I don`t get this German bashin.

Anybody noticed the fair and respectful reaction of the German players and team after this historic match? I don´t wanna imagine all bashing reactions if Brasil, Spain or Argentina would have won like this in Germany.

At least there are a few sportsmen on this board.

Tom

smileys with beer

Date: July 9, 2014 21:31

The Germans looked beautiful in victory, shame on Brazil for giving up after 1 goal

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:31

The German team is playing really well this tournament, and will probably win it all. And I agree, a very fair team, with likable players. Luckily the days of Matthaeus are gone. That being said, it is not for a reason that one of the words for dive is German: Schwalbe smoking smiley

Date: July 9, 2014 21:35

Columbia vs Germany would have been a better game

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:45

Lets hope for a good match.

Another bottle in the chiller waiting to be opened.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:55

What I heard about Mick as the "black angel" is the biggest crap I've ever seen. What can he do if the team is simply not able to win the game? It was just a crowd pleaser on stage. The results wouldn't have been different/better if Mick hadn't supported them.
Poor Mick...

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 9, 2014 21:58

Nate
This time tomorrow the Dutch team will be on their flight back to the Netherlands because Mr Messi is coming for you tonight smiling bouncing smiley

Nate

No Sirree, the thing is is once you get to the semi-finals, you already have one game remaining, from what I understand, the 3rd place (Bronze) game is Saturday. Everyone still plays it though of course, they aren't pumped as for the for final.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:23

I reckon Mick will be at tonight's game with his son and Matt.

Maybe wearing his England cap, and just wanting to watch, hopefully, a great game of football. >grinning smiley<

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:32

Would like to see on Sunday: Germany vs.Netherlands!
A very special match...

Posted by: django ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:36

MAF
Would like to see on Sunday: Germany vs.Netherlands!
A very special match...

Yes, and a Müller will score the 2:1 just like forty years ago.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:39

Good luck to both teams and to Dutch and Argentinian IORR members tonight.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:42

If people actually believed that Mick was a hex on World Cup don't you think that they would have placed huge bets on the team he WASN'T supporting? Or possibly someone would have contracted him to wear certain colors that would hurt their opponents and help their team. Me thinks people are reading WAY to much into this and taking their revisionalist history theories WAY to far. Show me the people who are placing bets based on Mick's wardrobe and I'll believe that people are taking this seriously. Otherwise, the media has simply found a fun way to generate some sales/traffic.

Go Argentina... or Holland...

I just wish I wasn't stuck at the office and could watch the match. I found out last week as I was trying to follow the USA/Belgium match that (for my novice ears anyway), international football is really hard to follow and quite boring on the radio. Much more fun on TV or in person.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:45

I gladly accept Germany winning the whole World Cup if they do. They deserve it. I even found a Klinsmann West German shirt once. The current German team and since Klinsmann has been very sporting.

All that said just like France ripping off Republic of Ireland in 2009, if there are things that tick one off that teams have done in the past, that's fair game. I somewhere in this thread apologized for saying any negatives on Germany but that doesn't change the fact that the old West German side like some things other teams including Argentina and Italy have done are very questionable. That's just the way it is.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:48

crawdaddy
I reckon Mick will be at tonight's game with his son and Matt.

Maybe wearing his England cap, and just wanting to watch, hopefully, a great game of football. >grinning smiley<

Nah, he's been kidnapped by a gang transvestites and dumped in the Atacama desert, nobody wants him in the ground............

Date: July 9, 2014 22:49

Hup holland hup

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:52

Gooo
Hup holland hup

smileys with beer

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:54

I'm hoping for Holland to win, simply because Germany versus Holland would be a classic finale, and Brazil versus Argentina a classic Bronze final tie.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: July 9, 2014 22:55

Gooo
Hup holland hup

Yep!

5 minutes till showtime..

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 9, 2014 23:00

Here comes Mr Messi >grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<>grinning smiley<

Nate

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3940414243444546474849...LastNext
Current Page: 44 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home