Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Date: July 12, 2014 01:46

LOew said that the best team he has ever seen is Spain (until this cup...I would add.grinning smiley) He has spent his time visiting spanish clubs and watching how they train. Pep Guardiola (currently Bayern coach) and Luis Aragones (the man in the picture above) made the "system" named with a touch of humour tiki taka. Germany at the present is somehow heir of this sistem (somehow...to avoid criticism).

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: July 12, 2014 02:14

Imagine an 8-1 Argentina victory, and all the ensuing chaos.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 12, 2014 02:19

Maradona, such a lowlife nowadays....who doesn't agree?

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 12, 2014 02:21

Watching Germany beat Brazil reminded me very much
of Liverpool's demolition of Arsenal in February.
It was like a carbon copy.

Brendan Rodgers and Löw must share much of the same philosophy I guess.
They want their teams to be aggressive and do high pressing,
win the ball high up on the pitch, using flexible players who always are looking for different ways to attack, often using
defensive players in the build up, and have players with great stamina who never stops running.
Their coaching focuses much on the player's understanding and reading of the game, detecting patterns on the pitch,
sending the right pass to the right player at the right time.

I think a mistake many teams did against Brazil, is that they respected Brazil too much, lying low and deep, and giving Brazil the freedom to pass the ball around.
If you stress Brazil high up on the pitch and force them to make mistakes, and attack with pace and many players, they're very vulnerable.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, have a look:
[www.hoofoot.com]

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 12, 2014 02:41

Yeah, I think you're right, Worst. To crawl back to your own penalty area leaving one striker midfield has never been good tactics. Even though some coaches still seems to believe that.
And the coach who leaves much of the thinking and decision making to his top players is often the best one. After all, they are often much better football players than he ever was...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 12, 2014 02:51

Harm
Maradona, such a lowlife nowadays....who doesn't agree?

I doesn't...cool smiley......he was a low life in days of old too........ask any Englishman.

Date: July 12, 2014 03:09

Low life, I don't know about that. Surely, he has had his problems. Remember, some of those great Latin American players haven't exactly enjoyed well-arranged middle class upbringings.
Maradona has an icon status in Argentina and is by many considered the best football player throughout history. In contrast, Argentinians call Messi "The Stranger".

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 12, 2014 03:23

People can always claim the high ground, out came Alan Shearer saying Suarez should be banned from the game. Now I'm totally neutral on this but then some fans, English in fact, came out and said "Hey Alan, what about this??" Also, unfortunately, it's just the way the sport is, I can give more examples but it doesn't really serve anything to. I want a fair game. I also see a vicious circle.

Aside from Suarez's actions and perhaps some controversy with Brazil, I think this World Cup and especially the finalists has been a demonstration of good sportsmanship.

If England feels shortchanged from '86, check out Rattin's treatment at the '66 World Cup, Rattin of Argentina. They feel they were shortchanged back then.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Now Maradona visits England and is even complimentary of them. But no doubt, that little trick was wrong.

--------------------

If Germany win, that's fine, they are a class act and have been for some time and great to watch their play.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 05:03 by BroomWagon.

Date: July 12, 2014 13:52

The World Cup thread on page 2? We can't have that. Brazil playing for honor tonight. The Dutch don't give a shit. But if Brazil continues with their play from the last game Holland will win anyway...

Date: July 12, 2014 14:04

Not "giving a shit" is just van Gal-tactics.

You can bet on him desperately wanting a medal, as well as going through this WC unbeaten smiling smiley

Date: July 12, 2014 14:21

Perhaps, Dandy. By the way, where did MKC go? He used to post profusely in every sports thread.

Date: July 12, 2014 14:54

Stoneage
Perhaps, Dandy. By the way, where did MKC go? He used to post profusely in every sports thread.

Max was banned, unfortunately.

Something about posting animation graphics in a show thread, I believe. Miss him.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2014 16:13

runaway
Maradona left after 45 minutes of bad playing Argentina in one of their early games, now they got in the finals Maradona is all over in the media.
Germany will win the finalgrinning smiley

Sorry to say but the only think you said right is that Argentina played bad!
Maradona left because he was thrown out of the staduim by the FIFA authorities! After that he couldn't enter again to the WC matches and yesterday night he said on TV he was going to watch the final in his hotel at Rio and that he will keep fighting for the football player's rights and against the FIFA.

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 12, 2014 16:59

Why was Maradona banned from the stadiums by fifa ?

Nate

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2014 18:08

emotionalbarbecue
LOew said that the best team he has ever seen is Spain (until this cup...I would add.grinning smiley) He has spent his time visiting spanish clubs and watching how they train. Pep Guardiola (currently Bayern coach) and Luis Aragones (the man in the picture above) made the "system" named with a touch of humour tiki taka. Germany at the present is somehow heir of this sistem (somehow...to avoid criticism).

Germany doesn't play so called tiki taka football. They're rather followers of the Dutch School. Anyway, they weren't that good against Algeria and France, both average teams.

The reason they could overplay Brazil is not so much their own strength as well as Brazil's totally naive way of playing and the absolute disorganisation that got hold of Brazil's team. They wanted to correct the 0-1 as soon as possible, totally forgetting their defence system, making huge mistakes you even seldom see at amateur level. And then, within less than 10 minutes, they had to suffer 4 goals, which is unique in modern football. At least I've never seen such bizarre 10 minutes at the scene of WC or EC. It won't never happen again. Btw: I've never seen such a bad Brazil football team either. The only class player they have is Neymar. The biggest part of their team is very poor.

Date: July 12, 2014 18:13

Nate

Nate

Not positive he was. I do know he's had a bit of a feud with the Argentina Football Association.

His presence is understood to have irked some members of Argentina's Football Association.

The entity's president Julio Grondona, with whom Maradona has a long-running feud, accused the former Barcelona and Napoli forward of bringing bad luck to the team during their group match against Iran in Belo Horizonte.

The 53-year-old left the Mineirao stadium late in the match with the scores tied at 0-0 before Lionel Messi promptly scored the winning goal.

[post.jagran.com]

[post.jagran.com]

Maybe he's not going because of the riff, because of being perceived as "bad luck" for the team.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 12, 2014 18:49

kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

Germany doesn't play so called tiki taka football. They're rather followers of the Dutch School. Anyway, they weren't that good against Algeria and France, both average teams.

So sad then to see the Dutch 'schooled' by the Argentine's.

Date: July 12, 2014 18:51

kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

The reason they could overplay Brazil is not so much their own strength as well as Brazil's totally naive way of playing and the absolute disorganisation that got hold of Brazil's team. They wanted to correct the 0-1 as soon as possible, totally forgetting their defence system, making huge mistakes you even seldom see at amateur level. And then, within less than 10 minutes, they had to suffer 4 goals, which is unique in modern football. At least I've never seen such bizarre 10 minutes at the scene of WC or EC. It won't never happen again. Btw: I've never seen such a bad Brazil football team either. The only class player they have is Neymar. The biggest part of their team is very poor.

France an average team???

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 12, 2014 18:52

kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

Algeria showed the way how to compete with Germany and how to embarrass them.
They played fast and nervous. They could've won and it would've not been scandalous if they did.
France didn't play fast enough, we were too tender.
Germany scored quickly and then took control of the game.

Date: July 12, 2014 18:56

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

Very average. Compare them to the Platini and Zidane France teams. Those were great teams!

Date: July 12, 2014 19:10

treaclefingers
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

So sad then to see the Dutch 'schooled' by the Argentine's.

Treacle, one more time you clearly show you've no affinity with football.

The Dutch were three times in the WC final since 1974. They lost all three times. They've been always praised for their fine playing, but also called naive for neglecting the result.

This time the Dutch team was fairly average, only three players who could possibly make the difference: Robben of course and perhaps Van Persie (he failed) and Sneijder. All the rest of them playing in very average club teams and lacking international experience severely. Their beating of Spain (5-1) was nice, but didn't mean anything, because Spain wasn't motivated and tired too (Chile beat them too). For the rest the Dutch had big trouble beating Australia (!) and Mexico, only playing a nice second half against Chile (2-0) and then missing about 10 big scoring chances against outsider Costa Rica.

They made a big mistake against Argentina, by using Van Persie (who was sick) and De Jong (who wasn't recovered yet) and not using Depay. They were too afraid of the Messi factor (understandable though, because he can make the difference by his own). At the end of the game only the Dutch team was playing to win, but it was too late. Even too late to be able to bring in a goalkeeper who can stop a penalty. So the penalty shoot out was already lost before it even had begun.

Anyway, don't be surprised if the final on Sunday will be a bit ... boring. I don't hope so, but it is very well possible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 19:15 by kleermaker.

Date: July 12, 2014 19:30

And just to add in, Netherlands won the 1988 Euro, their trophy cabinet is not empty.

Yes, total football, Dutch football is famed. That book above is about it, not a bad place to start.

What a great goal by Sneijder versus Mexico, hurts seeing the Dutch go out but so it goes. It also shows that even without a World Cup trophy, you can be one of the most popular teams on earth as the Dutch are. It's for style but maybe more of the style in the '70s that got so many followers. Hup Holland Hup.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: July 12, 2014 19:54

Nate

Nate

What he explained that night on his TV program is that he has official invititations but he missed to take the tickets from an office and/or do an administrative check required (it isn't clear for me if they were from the FIFA or the AFA). So he was gently invited to leave the stadium during the match.
It's also true what BroomWagon told about the long-running feud Maradona has with Julio Grondona (President of the AFA since the 70s!!!!! and Vice President of the FIFA). This incidents started even before thw WC 2010 and are only getting worst each day. He insulted Julio Grondona and his sons last night on TV and named them thieves. And I'm afraid he is right this time!

@Nate: Btw have you read my answer to your comment on page 48?

Date: July 12, 2014 20:06

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

Very average. Compare them to the Platini and Zidane France teams. Those were great teams!

I guess you haven't followed them too closely the last year...

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 12, 2014 20:37

BroomWagon
And just to add in, Netherlands won the 1988 Euro, their trophy cabinet is not empty.

Yes, total football, Dutch football is famed. That book above is about it, not a bad place to start.

What a great goal by Sneijder versus Mexico, hurts seeing the Dutch go out but so it goes. It also shows that even without a World Cup trophy, you can be one of the most popular teams on earth as the Dutch are. It's for style but maybe more of the style in the '70s that got so many followers. Hup Holland Hup.

Great book

Posted by: Gooo ()
Date: July 12, 2014 20:40

Luis Suarez should be banned for ever

Date: July 12, 2014 20:48

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

I've seen them play this WC and seen what players they have. If they have some or even only one that comes close to Platini and Zidane cum suis, please name him (not Benzema of course, or that little guy). I'm also curious for the great game France played this WC (or even one half). Please name it.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 12, 2014 21:22

France did a great match against Germany at least in the second half.

Date: July 12, 2014 21:35

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

I've seen them play this WC and seen what players they have. If they have some or even only one that comes close to Platini and Zidane cum suis, please name him (not Benzema of course, or that little guy). I'm also curious for the great game France played this WC (or even one half). Please name it.

This is not subjective. France's results in 2014 speak for themselves, if you bother to check them up.

Giroud and Pogba. The latter will be their best player with time.

Why wasn't 5-2 (should have been 7-0) against Switzerland a great game?confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 21:38 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 12, 2014 21:39

shortfatfanny
France did a great match against Germany at least in the second half.

They certainly raised their game against Germany. But they were holding on and never really tried to attack Germany.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4546474849505152535455...LastNext
Current Page: 50 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1350
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home