Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061
Current Page: 61 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:26

DandelionPowderman
We drew 1-1. Check out our goal on Youtube. It was sensational >grinning smiley<

That was when Norway was ranked top 5 in the world. We will never have a team like that one again. Beating Italy, Brazil, England, Holland and Spain within just a couple of years...

Who was in the team? Obviously Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

Date: September 3, 2014 20:49

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
We drew 1-1. Check out our goal on Youtube. It was sensational >grinning smiley<

That was when Norway was ranked top 5 in the world. We will never have a team like that one again. Beating Italy, Brazil, England, Holland and Spain within just a couple of years...

Who was in the team? Obviously Ole Gunnar Solksjaer.

Yeah, but he came a bit later. It was Henning Berg, Stig Inge Bjørnebye, Lars Bohinen, Ronny Johnsen, Rune Bratseth, Kjetil Rekdal, Øyvind Leonardsen among others. Then came Solskjær, Iversen and Carew.

Many of these guys played in England.

Date: September 3, 2014 20:51

Yeah - we had one who had his leg broken by that bastard Roy Keane.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2014 20:55

Silver Dagger
Ha - sorry to unearth this thread but it seems we have a re-match of the World Cup final tonight. Germany v Argentina. Starts at 8pm and in the UK it's on BT Sport1. Can't wait.

Should we start another prediction game? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: September 3, 2014 21:20

Cristiano Radtke
Silver Dagger
Ha - sorry to unearth this thread but it seems we have a re-match of the World Cup final tonight. Germany v Argentina. Starts at 8pm and in the UK it's on BT Sport1. Can't wait.

Should we start another prediction game? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You know what, that ain't a bad idea. For the Champions League you mean? Not sure they do one for the Euro qualifiers.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:25

Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
Silver Dagger

You know what, that ain't a bad idea. For the Champions League you mean? Not sure they do one for the Euro qualifiers.

Actually, I was just kidding, sorry. I didn't knew about this match tonight, and I'm sure it will be fun to watch it. winking smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: September 3, 2014 21:37

How disappointing... Here I thought the "World Cup 2014" thread had been revived due to the BASKETBALL World Cup currently being contested in Spain. I thought, "Finally, we're going to discuss a world cup where I actually understand the sport and my team is one of the favorites to win!" So much for that idea!

Just the same...

GO USA!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: September 3, 2014 23:43

I did my best to make some sort of entrance to the event, Mr DJA. As usual it was merged into the abyss. Basketball isn't that big in Europe I guess. Spain seems to have a decent team though.
And some Balkan states. You won't get a dime back on your dollar if you bet on USA though. Winning is the only option for them...

Date: September 4, 2014 20:48

Stoneage
I did my best to make some sort of entrance to the event, Mr DJA. As usual it was merged into the abyss. Basketball isn't that big in Europe I guess. Spain seems to have a decent team though.
And some Balkan states. You won't get a dime back on your dollar if you bet on USA though. Winning is the only option for them...

Spain's team has been excellent for a number of years now. I'm not sure that team USA actually "fears" any teams but I think they have realized that, if they don't bring their best, they're going to struggle with Spain & Argentina as well as a few others. Nice to see actually. While I expect team USA to win, I don't like to see arrogance in the players. Confidence is fine, but I don't like a whole lot of egos. You're right regarding the "winning is the only option for them" concept. I don't know how much "drama" there is when they lose but it is certainly a much bigger news story to hear that they lost than hearing that they won (again!)

Hope everyone enjoys what's left of the tournament even though it's centered around a basket as opposed to a foot! Go team USA!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: September 10, 2014 01:43

Albania beat Portugal, Czechs beat Netherlands....Iceland beat Turkey, Cyprus over Bosnia, these are all big upsets folks, I tried to find this thread not long ago but couldn't.

Date: September 10, 2014 11:28

Yep and Germany struggled to beat Scotland 2-1 at home. What gives?

Date: September 10, 2014 16:25

Team USA wins again! Although they looked pretty bad to start the game, they did win it going away. Hopefully they'll get off to a better start on Thursday vs. Lithuania. Play like this and the championship will be Spain's for sure. I'd have to say that, like many of the comentators, I'm thinking that Spain is probably the favorite to win the tournament right now. Kinda strange/fun to be rooting for team USA in the roll of an underdog even though I'd rather be rooting for a team made up of our best players that's expected to crush their competition.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: September 11, 2014 15:49

Wow! That feeling of an underdog left rather quickly. Since this "World Cup" doesn't seem to have the coverage that the other one does, I've got to imagine that the people of Spain aren't as upset by their team's loss as the people of Brazil were after this summer's loss. My team has gone from underdogs to the favorites rather quickly. Here's hoping that they don't forget that they'll still have to work hard to get past Lithuania in a few hours.

Go Team USA!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 11, 2014 16:02

2 1 2 0

Date: September 11, 2014 16:19

Come On

You swedes never jumped like that? winking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...5152535455565758596061
Current Page: 61 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1659
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home