Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: July 12, 2014 21:47

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue
LOew said that the best team he has ever seen is Spain (until this cup...I would add.grinning smiley) He has spent his time visiting spanish clubs and watching how they train. Pep Guardiola (currently Bayern coach) and Luis Aragones (the man in the picture above) made the "system" named with a touch of humour tiki taka. Germany at the present is somehow heir of this sistem (somehow...to avoid criticism).

Germany doesn't play so called tiki taka football. They're rather followers of the Dutch School. Anyway, they weren't that good against Algeria and France, both average teams.

The reason they could overplay Brazil is not so much their own strength as well as Brazil's totally naive way of playing and the absolute disorganisation that got hold of Brazil's team. They wanted to correct the 0-1 as soon as possible, totally forgetting their defence system, making huge mistakes you even seldom see at amateur level. And then, within less than 10 minutes, they had to suffer 4 goals, which is unique in modern football. At least I've never seen such bizarre 10 minutes at the scene of WC or EC. It won't never happen again. Btw: I've never seen such a bad Brazil football team either. The only class player they have is Neymar. The biggest part of their team is very poor.

France an average team???

Very average. Compare them to the Platini and Zidane France teams. Those were great teams!

I guess you haven't followed them too closely the last year...

I've seen them play this WC and seen what players they have. If they have some or even only one that comes close to Platini and Zidane cum suis, please name him (not Benzema of course, or that little guy). I'm also curious for the great game France played this WC (or even one half). Please name it.

This is not subjective. France's results in 2014 speak for themselves, if you bother to check them up.

Giroud and Pogba. The latter will be their best player with time.

Why wasn't 5-2 (should have been 7-0) against Switzerland a great game?confused smiley

I've seen nothing from Giroud against Germany, the game that really counted. Wasn't he replaced? Oh well, 5-2 against the Swiss, in the weakest group of all. Says nothing to me. Okay, 2-0 against weak Nigeria, very well done, second goal in the extra time of the second half when Nigeria was trying to survive. Something we see so often. Second half against Germany? I didn't see a real chance for France. Maybe I had to pee or something.

Date: July 12, 2014 21:49

BroomWagon
And just to add in, Netherlands won the 1988 Euro, their trophy cabinet is not empty.

Yes, total football, Dutch football is famed. That book above is about it, not a bad place to start.

What a great goal by Sneijder versus Mexico, hurts seeing the Dutch go out but so it goes. It also shows that even without a World Cup trophy, you can be one of the most popular teams on earth as the Dutch are. It's for style but maybe more of the style in the '70s that got so many followers. Hup Holland Hup.

The EC doesn't count. Didn't Greece win it some years ago? And the Danish some more years ago, who even hadn't qualify, but could join in because of Yugoslavia getting out?

Date: July 12, 2014 22:03

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue
LOew said that the best team he has ever seen is Spain (until this cup...I would add.grinning smiley) He has spent his time visiting spanish clubs and watching how they train. Pep Guardiola (currently Bayern coach) and Luis Aragones (the man in the picture above) made the "system" named with a touch of humour tiki taka. Germany at the present is somehow heir of this sistem (somehow...to avoid criticism).

Germany doesn't play so called tiki taka football. They're rather followers of the Dutch School. Anyway, they weren't that good against Algeria and France, both average teams.

The reason they could overplay Brazil is not so much their own strength as well as Brazil's totally naive way of playing and the absolute disorganisation that got hold of Brazil's team. They wanted to correct the 0-1 as soon as possible, totally forgetting their defence system, making huge mistakes you even seldom see at amateur level. And then, within less than 10 minutes, they had to suffer 4 goals, which is unique in modern football. At least I've never seen such bizarre 10 minutes at the scene of WC or EC. It won't never happen again. Btw: I've never seen such a bad Brazil football team either. The only class player they have is Neymar. The biggest part of their team is very poor.

Very average. Compare them to the Platini and Zidane France teams. Those were great teams!

I've seen them play this WC and seen what players they have. If they have some or even only one that comes close to Platini and Zidane cum suis, please name him (not Benzema of course, or that little guy). I'm also curious for the great game France played this WC (or even one half). Please name it.

This is not subjective. France's results in 2014 speak for themselves, if you bother to check them up.

Why wasn't 5-2 (should have been 7-0) against Switzerland a great game?confused smiley

I've seen nothing from Giroud against Germany, the game that really counted. Wasn't he replaced? Oh well, 5-2 against the Swiss, in the weakest group of all. Says nothing to me. Okay, 2-0 against weak Nigeria, very well done, second goal in the extra time of the second half when Nigeria was trying to survive. Something we see so often. Second half against Germany? I didn't see a real chance for France. Maybe I had to pee or something.

Very rarely are the strikers dominating tight games like that one. You could see that yourself in the Holland-Argentina game. A unvisible van Persie doesn't mean that he isn't a top class player (something that hurts me enormously to admit, btw...).

One could get the impression that you haven't followed the countries and their rankings in some years?

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: July 12, 2014 22:12

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

I've seen nothing from Giroud against Germany, the game that really counted. Wasn't he replaced?
it's normal cos he replaced Valbuena at the 85th minute of the game so he didn't have the time to get into it.
to me, it was a big mistake from the coach to wait that long to get him in.
Benzema was not good, he should've replaced him instead of Valbuena.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: July 12, 2014 22:29

kleermaker
BroomWagon
And just to add in, Netherlands won the 1988 Euro, their trophy cabinet is not empty.

Yes, total football, Dutch football is famed. That book above is about it, not a bad place to start.

What a great goal by Sneijder versus Mexico, hurts seeing the Dutch go out but so it goes. It also shows that even without a World Cup trophy, you can be one of the most popular teams on earth as the Dutch are. It's for style but maybe more of the style in the '70s that got so many followers. Hup Holland Hup.

The EC doesn't count. Didn't Greece win it some years ago? And the Danish some more years ago, who even hadn't qualify, but could join in because of Yugoslavia getting out?

Major trophy is major trophy. By the way, Europe is now coming near dominance in the World Cup.

Finalists:

2010 Spain Netherlands
2006 Italy France

And with Brazil whipped?

Anyway, one can quibble with UEFA or FIFA, Euro is a Major Tournament.

But some people say only World Cup Tournament, where can you find such matchups as Togo vs. South Korea!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 22:44 by BroomWagon.

Date: July 12, 2014 23:00

DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
DandelionPowderman
kleermaker
emotionalbarbecue

Very rarely are the strikers dominating tight games like that one. You could see that yourself in the Holland-Argentina game. A unvisible van Persie doesn't mean that he isn't a top class player (something that hurts me enormously to admit, btw...).

One could get the impression that you haven't followed the countries and their rankings in some years?

Those rankings say almost nothing. Ask Van Gaal. A ridiculous system. But we're talking about how the teams did perform during this WC, not during the qualifications. Mostly the strikers are decisive during tight games. Like players as Messi, Maradona, Cruijff etc. could be decisive. Not to forget Herr Müller in the WC final of 1974!

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: July 12, 2014 23:02

That's a FREE KICK not a penalty!! What a mistake from the refs.

Posted by: firebird ()
Date: July 12, 2014 23:03

The Worst.

And a RED CARD, not a yellow one

Posted by: huricane ()
Date: July 12, 2014 23:06

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: July 12, 2014 23:08

1-0 to Holland already...here we go again?

confused smiley
Nate

Date: July 12, 2014 23:17

Samba Boys give up another goal. Nice goal still, shows a weak defence.

And that second goal was offside. But Brazil's defense is terrible.

Posted by: firebird ()

And now an offside goal, where does the FIFA find those refs?

Date: July 12, 2014 23:20

They announced that Hennig, next Dutch manager will be there for the next 2 years, that coincides exactly with the Euro, next Euro is 24 teams invited, so that means, teams like Ireland, Scotland, Iceland, etc. all of those teams will have a much better chance to go to the Tournament.

Spain, Euro 2008, World Cup 2010, Euro 2012, not too bad. You bet it's not small pickings to those top teams there, Germany, Holland, Italy, France etc. though Italy only won it in 1968, England never.

Date: July 12, 2014 23:21

It's about time offside technology is introduced.
And the fourth official should have a monitor to watch,
so he can inform the ref about certain situations - like Silva's foul before the first goal. It would make life so much easier for managers, players, refs and fans.

Date: July 12, 2014 23:21

Brazil is still shocked, obviously. David Luiz is clearing balls right into his own penalty yard. Nobody can blame the refs. It's the brazilians who put themselves in situations like these. No defensive movement, or smartness, from sweepers to strikers...

Date: July 12, 2014 23:23

The Worst.

Not if he means that the serious pulling started inside the box..

EDIT: It was a free kick indeed! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-12 23:37 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: July 12, 2014 23:25

Of course the refs should be questioned when they can give a penalty in a world cup bronze final, when the foul was committed more than one meter away from the penalty area - and then, just ten minutes later, don't stop the play after the clearest offside so far this world cup, resulting in yet another goal.

Having said that, Brazil is not playing good at all.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 12, 2014 23:33

GO, ORANGE!

Date: July 12, 2014 23:38

The Worst.
Of course the refs should be questioned when they can give a penalty in a world cup bronze final, when the foul was committed more than one meter away from the penalty area - and then, just ten minutes later, don't stop the play after the clearest offside so far this world cup, resulting in yet another goal.

Having said that, Brazil is not playing good at all.

I agree about the penalty, but I saw the replay of the offside situation, and it couldn't have been more than centimeters involved...

Date: July 12, 2014 23:44

Yes, I agree about the offside. Not as clear as I first thought it to be.
But that's why the referees should be given some help and guidance.
It's impossible for refs to get everything right.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: July 12, 2014 23:53

Cristiano Radtke
GO, ORANGE!

I thought you were a Brazilian fan Cristiano. confused smiley

Date: July 12, 2014 23:57

Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
GO, ORANGE!

Good ol' gallow's humour? smiling smiley

Date: July 13, 2014 00:00

DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
GO, ORANGE!

Well, most of the Brazilian fans were clapping the Germans in the 2nd half on Wednesday so I guess it's par for the course. Want Brazil to score one goal as I've got this one down as 2-1 to Holland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-13 01:02 by Silver Dagger.

Date: July 13, 2014 00:03

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
GO, ORANGE!

Well, most of the Brazilioans fans were clapping the Germans in the 2nd half on Wednesday so I guess it's par for the course. Want Brazil to score one goal as I've got this one down as 2-1 to Holland.

Actually, I don't support the brazilian team since 1997. My favorite team is Uruguay (apart from the best football club of all the world - Grêmio from Porto Alegre). cool smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 13, 2014 00:10

The Worst.
Yes, I agree about the offside. Not as clear as I first thought it to be.
But that's why the referees should be given some help and guidance.
It's impossible for refs to get everything right.

That's what makes this game so exciting.

Date: July 13, 2014 00:35

I feel sorry for Brazil and whenever they start attacking, there is such an uproar in the stadium. Kind of sad but they have their accolades, they will be back. And as the announcers tell us, the officiating has been a bit off.

Date: July 13, 2014 01:03

Cristiano Radtke
Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman
Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke
GO, ORANGE!

Well, most of the Brazilioans fans were clapping the Germans in the 2nd half on Wednesday so I guess it's par for the course. Want Brazil to score one goal as I've got this one down as 2-1 to Holland.

Actually, I don't support the brazilian team since 1997. My favorite team is Uruguay (apart from the best football club of all the world - Grêmio from Porto Alegre). cool smiley

What happened in 1997, Cristiano?

Date: July 13, 2014 01:04

BroomWagon
I feel sorry for Brazil and whenever they start attacking, there is such an uproar in the stadium. Kind of sad but they have their accolades, they will be back. And as the announcers tell us, the officiating has been a bit off.

Not sure that Big Phil Scolari will be back with them though. He has a meeting with the Brazian FA after the match. Something tells me it might be a short one.

Date: July 13, 2014 01:27

BTW, we're having a great last round on our prediction game. From the 1st to the 7th places, everybody has a chance to win tomorrow.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4647484950515253545556...LastNext
Current Page: 51 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home