Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: January 30, 2014 13:47

DandelionPowderman
bart-man
bye bye johnny
Rolling Stones naar Pinkpop?

[www.rtlnieuws.nl]

Rolling Stones to Pinkpop?

[translate.google.com]

I don't think it's gonna happen. Besides Glastonbury they haven't played on festivals since Knebworth 1976. I don't count Werchter 2003 as a festival. I fact Werchter 2003 was a complete Stones show with their stage on the field.

Well...

I mean outside England ;-)

Date: January 30, 2014 13:58

grinning smiley

Toronto? Not a regular festival, I know...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 30, 2014 15:33

Ticketsales for pinkpop start on march 15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

Posted by: Mike1987 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 15:49

corriecas
Ticketsales for pinkpop start on march 15 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jeroen

here's hoping they don't play that freakin' festival!
where are all the rumours about indoor shows in europe???
we need some announcements soon!!!

Date: January 30, 2014 16:05

i agree with you Mike.
its not a good area, no good view on the band. My guess is, there will be an announcement on march 12.

jeroen

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 16:08

They will not be a tour like it was planned last year of Europe. They now have a stadium stage (Tokyo Dome, MT Smart Stadium, Adelaide Oval...) and they'll use it in Europe as well. No full arena sized tours this year.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 30, 2014 17:20

bart-man
I don't think it's gonna happen. Besides Glastonbury they haven't played on festivals since Knebworth 1976. I don't count Werchter 2003 as a festival. I fact Werchter 2003 was a complete Stones show with their stage on the field.

Ahem... I have been to some festivals with The Rolling Stones during the past few years actually. I think it is now their strategy to reach out to more fans this way. How about these:

- Sarsstock Toronto
- Isle of Wight
- Zurich Letzigrund
- Glastonbury

Normally The Rolling Stones are outside the budget of a festival, but I would assume they would do more festivals this summer, if the festivals are high-profile, large crowds and they fit into the schedule.

Bjornulf

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 17:23

Pinkpop is not going to happen.
When Coldplay did Pinkpop a few years ago, they complained about how expensive they were: 1.2 mio EUR.

Even I think the Stones deserve more.
So, they'll need LOTS of ideological raesons to play at such a festival.

And honestly, I cannot think of any such reason in the case of Pinkpop.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: January 30, 2014 17:36

The Stones can sell out with just them playing there but with the Pinkpop crowd there will be more variety of people and as well a younger crowd if it happens there.

Posted by: superglen ()
Date: January 30, 2014 18:14

Springsteen is pretty big in Holland, but he did PinkPop both in 2009 and 2012 (his only Dutch shows of those euro legs).
in 2013 he did his own show in Nijmegen in front of 65.000 punters.

Posted by: novica ()
Date: January 31, 2014 00:19

bv
bart-man

Ahem... I have been to some festivals with The Rolling Stones during the past few years actually. I think it is now their strategy to reach out to more fans this way. How about these:

- Sarsstock Toronto
- Isle of Wight
- Zurich Letzigrund
- Glastonbury

Normally The Rolling Stones are outside the budget of a festival, but I would assume they would do more festivals this summer, if the festivals are high-profile, large crowds and they fit into the schedule.

wow, maybe,JUST,maybe : Exit Festival ,Novi Sad,Serbia
hot smiley

Posted by: Moza ()
Date: January 31, 2014 03:11

So is this the thread to ask when support bands are usually announced? Any rumours for Auckland?

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: January 31, 2014 04:12

If they are only going to do 14 shows in Europe this summer then I cannot see festivals being part of the plan. The Stones will want to do things on their own terms for what I believe will be their final world tour ever. Well...never say never...

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: January 31, 2014 17:15

novica
bv
bart-man

- Sarsstock Toronto
- Isle of Wight
- Zurich Letzigrund
- Glastonbury

wow, maybe,JUST,maybe : Exit Festival ,Novi Sad,Serbia
hot smiley
-Sarsstock Toronto and

were charity concerts. Not quite a festival though ;-)

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 31, 2014 21:18

Sarstock had 450,000 people in the crowd who each paid approx 20 canadian dollars. Charity for sure but the ticket income was still 9 million Canadian dollars. Plus beer and water sales for 12 hours in hot hot hot +30 C (90 F). Yes, the Stones do not mind performing at festivals, as long as it fits into the schedule and budget. But there are very few festival of that size really.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 31, 2014 21:23

I need 7 more gigs...and hopefully in some beautiful cities and venues

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: January 31, 2014 22:41

bv
bart-man

- Sarsstock Toronto
- Isle of Wight
- Zurich Letzigrund
- Glastonbury

+ Don't forget that the two Hyde Park gigs were also organized by a festival (BST)...

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: February 1, 2014 13:08

Harm

hi harm,

why 7 gigs, to fullfill ...?

but I`m with you ,some beautiful cities and venues are requested !

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: February 1, 2014 15:35

MoreFastNumbers
bv
bart-man

- Sarsstock Toronto
- Isle of Wight
- Zurich Letzigrund
- Glastonbury

+ Don't forget that the two Hyde Park gigs were also organized by a festival (BST)...

Except for 121212, which doesn't count as a regular festival, no US festivals in that list. Would love to see them do Coachella, Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza...something that would fit into their schedule after the current tour. I'm not much of a festival girl, but I would make an exception for my favorite band!

Date: February 1, 2014 15:51

austrianstones
Harm

hi harm,
why 7 gigs, to fullfill ...?

but I`m with you ,some beautiful cities and venues are requested !

To make it 75 smiling smiley

Date: February 1, 2014 16:13

More info on Pinkpop, Landgraaf and the Stones, on March 12, when there will be more news from the pinkpop Manager at Paradiso, Amsterdam

jeroen

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: February 1, 2014 16:32

So I guess no additional shows in Asia? Seems like a pretty inefficient tour. It's got to be expensive as hell to have an entire road crew in Tokyo for five days between the first and second Dome concerts. Wonder how that happened.

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: February 1, 2014 18:05

drbryant
So I guess no additional shows in Asia? Seems like a pretty inefficient tour. It's got to be expensive as hell to have an entire road crew in Tokyo for five days between the first and second Dome concerts. Wonder how that happened.

I agree drbryant, it is very peculiar...perhaps the band is giving the crew a vacation stay in Japan as a gift.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: February 1, 2014 19:03

Well partly it could be rest gap. Which is smart. Traveling to and in Asia can be intense, and at their age, they might want to hang out and enjoy the sights or go to a beach. I think this also happened during their last Asian tour, where they took a long break and hung in Singapore, Thailand, and Fiji.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 2, 2014 04:27

Moza
So is this the thread to ask when support bands are usually announced? Any rumours for Auckland?

They havent had any support bands since they resumed touring in 2012 (other than at festival shows).

Maybe the stadium shows in Auckland and Adelaide might get one, but nothing confirmed yet.

Date: February 2, 2014 04:34

bart-man

Hyde Park was a festival in every sense of the word.

Things have changed. While festival appearances dont give them the payday theyd get for their own shows, theyve quite evidently seen the knock on effect of playing those shows to fresh audiences and with the TV exposure that comes with it. There are also a lot less overheads with festival dates.

Personally, I'd expect a mix of Stones shows and a small number of festival appearances.

A Stones stadium tour usually requires three separate stadium stages. The tour theyre doing starting this month requires only one.

If they play Europe and mix in arena shows, festivals and maybe a small number of stadiums they'd still only require one stadium stage of their own.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-02 21:47 by Gazza.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: February 3, 2014 00:23

Yep Gazza.
smoking smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 3, 2014 08:45

Gazza
bart-man

Things have changed. While festival appearances dont give them the payday theyd get for their own shows, theyve quite evidently seen the knock on effect of playing those shows to fresh audiences and with the TV exposure that comes with it. There are also a lot less overheads with festival dates.

Personally, I'd expect a mix of Stones shows and a small number of festival appearances.

A Stones stadium tour usually requires three separate stadium stages. The tour theyre doing starting this month requires only one.

If they play Europe and mix in arena shows, festivals and maybe a small number of stadiums they'd still only require one stadium stage of their own.

It seems like that they have a bigger stage for the shows in Abu Dhabi, Toyko, Adelaide, Hanging rock and Auckland. All others are with the original Tonguepit stage. I could imagine that it might be changeable or a stage design where parts will only be used. logistic wise it's obviouss that they have a lot of time between Tokyo and Adelaide. So perhaps there have a half and half lego system

Date: February 3, 2014 13:52

corriecas
More info on Pinkpop, Landgraaf and the Stones, on March 12, when there will be more news from the pinkpop Manager at Paradiso, Amsterdam

jeroen

Let's hope so

Date: February 3, 2014 14:21

Grison
Gazza
bart-man

It seems like that they have a bigger stage for the shows in Abu Dhabi, Toyko, Adelaide, Hanging rock and Auckland. All others are with the original Tonguepit stage. I could imagine that it might be changeable or a stage design where parts will only be used. logistic wise it's obviouss that they have a lot of time between Tokyo and Adelaide. So perhaps there have a half and half lego system

Tokyo - yes. Should have mentioned that one. Abu Dhabi and Hanging Rock are arena-sized shows, though. Guess we'll see in a few weeks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2728293031323334353637...LastNext
Current Page: 32 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1524
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home