Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: island01 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 08:56

mikey C
I have just just got info the Stones will play Prague in June.......if there is any place in Central Europe this is it!!!!!!!..After 1990,1995,1998,2003,mick's 60th by the way and 2007 in Brno 2 hours east....We shall see........M

That would be great if they put them on Strahov stadium. All the others stadiums in Prague are just too small for them. Just my opinion.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:49

Letna Park would be great! (Great memories from 2003).

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:52

They built a new Football Stadium Slavia which has hosted already quite a few Concerts already...Saw The Boss and the E Street band there in 2012....holds about 35.000 ....Strahov Stadium is out needs major repairs used as a training ground for various sports now..Also The 02 which is new kind of a Madison sq Garden type venue...The Stones quite like Prague so hopefully this will come to pass:-)M

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:59

mikey C
They built a new Football Stadium Slavia which has hosted already quite a few Concerts already...Saw The Boss and the E Street band there in 2012....holds about 35.000 ....Strahov Stadium is out needs major repairs used as a training ground for various sports now..Also The 02 which is new kind of a Madison sq Garden type venue...The Stones quite like Prague so hopefully this will come to pass:-)M

I've seen Coldplay there and I liked the stadium very much, but still think it is too small for the Stones. Mentioned Letna Park would be better location.

Posted by: Rincewind ()
Date: February 11, 2014 13:46

New video of the stones getting ready for their Asia tour coming next week
subscribe to be the first to see it click here: [www.youtube.com]

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: February 11, 2014 22:38

Apparently Israel on June 10 is almost official!

[www.jpost.com]

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:23

while we still wait on Singapore

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 12, 2014 07:59

My goodness am I getting excited now! Macau in under a month and the possibility of a European summer tour. It really does not get better! Please play the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff though guys, it's getting rather expensive following you guys around winking smiley

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: February 12, 2014 10:44

kahoosier
while we still wait on Singapore

Yea.
As this is just a rumour so far, no news when no show.
Very frustrating.

Posted by: z ()
Date: February 12, 2014 19:03

micwer
Apparently Israel on June 10 is almost official!

[www.jpost.com]

The show in Israel (in case it happens) will be a stadium/outdoor show. Is that necessarily mean there will be no tounge pit? I'll be very disappointed..

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 12, 2014 19:16

petewasbristol
My goodness am I getting excited now! Macau in under a month and the possibility of a European summer tour. It really does not get better! Please play the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff though guys, it's getting rather expensive following you guys around winking smiley

What's wrong with Ashton Gate?! (As in '82)

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: February 12, 2014 20:18

Can I put a vote in for the Millennium Stadium too please?!!

Time for a first rumored list of European shows?
Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: February 12, 2014 21:05

BV, isn't it time to publish a first list of rumored venues that may or may not happen this summer in europe? I mean by now, we have quite a list of possible shows which are based on at least very strong rumors. I've read about:

- Pinkpop 7th june
- Israel 10th june
- San siro Milan
- Dublin
- Praha / Czech republic

Would be nice to give an overview of all the info you have and share it with us. Just to keep us occupied for the time being winking smiley And of course, to generate some more speculating. Any plans to publish such a list on short notice?

Re: Time for a first rumored list of European shows?
Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: February 12, 2014 21:19

There were also some rumours about a gig in Cologne last year - hope they play there!

I think they will also do standard places like Amsterdam, Munich, Vienna, London and so on, but Pinkpop and Israel are also really realistic - I think they will play in both places. Would be interesting to hear the opinion from BV!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: February 12, 2014 23:04

May 23 might be an option:

There is a big Festival in Lisboa called Rock in Rio that celebrates 10 years in 2014.

They want to have some huge name and the Stones are considered of course.
They have all but one day of the festival with headliners; May 23 still has not been anounced?

The Stones...?

Date: February 12, 2014 23:36

jackflash27
BV, isn't it time to publish a first list of rumored venues that may or may not happen this summer in europe? I mean by now, we have quite a list of possible shows which are based on at least very strong rumors. I've read about:

- Pinkpop 7th june
- Israel 10th june
- San siro Milan
- Dublin
- Praha / Czech republic

Would be nice to give an overview of all the info you have and share it with us. Just to keep us occupied for the time being winking smiley And of course, to generate some more speculating. Any plans to publish such a list on short notice?

Israel is in the middle east.

I would put Telenor Arena in Oslo, Norway on that list, though.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 13, 2014 00:40

DandelionPowderman

Nah, I`ve said it once, and say it again, I don`t go into a closed room with those guys. I have my hearing too dear. Stadiums are the thing!

Date: February 13, 2014 00:41

noughties
DandelionPowderman

Nah, I`ve said it once, and say it again, I don`t go into a closed room with those guys. I have my hearing too dear. Stadiums are the thing!

Do both! They don't play loud, though smiling smiley

Posted by: MoreFastNumbers ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:08

jackflash27

- Pinkpop 7th june
- Israel 10th june
- San siro Milan
- Dublin
- Praha / Czech republic

+ Barcelona (Palau Sant Jordi arena)
+ Paris (Stade de France)

anyway it would be nice to hear something more concrete by BV winking smiley

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:17

I do see the rumours and I will prepare a list soon, as soon as the band is leaving Paris.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:50

Singapore is now confirmed for March 15 at Marina Bay Sands Grand Ballroom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-13 02:01 by Gazza.

Date: February 13, 2014 01:53

Gazza
Singapore is now confirmed for March 19 at Marina Bay Sands Grand Ballroom

March 15th was the date I just got messaged?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: February 13, 2014 02:01

Correct, Pete. Typo on my part. Sorry.

Date: February 13, 2014 03:51

Deluxtone
petewasbristol

What's wrong with Ashton Gate?! (As in '82)

Horrible place for a gig. Saw The Who there a few years back. Horrible.Sound all over the place. Atmosphere like a graveyard (despite The Who being fantastic). It probably does not help that I support the blue and white football team from across the river either...

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 13, 2014 11:16

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: February 13, 2014 16:32

How works the logistics for this leg? Do they leave London or Paris with a big plane or what?

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: February 13, 2014 16:37

Pretty big plane, at least...winking smiley

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 10:50

mikey C

There is nothing I would want more this Summer than The Stones playing Prague, but I am quite sceptical. I mean if they play indoors, then the O2 would be a perfect place indeed - it is as good and modern and big arena as one can get.
But I think that outdoor gigs are more likely and then I can't see where that would take place.

1. Slavia stadium - it is really a small stadium and I am sure it would simply not be big enough to accommodate a Stone's outdoor stage.

2. Letna - yes, The Stones played there in 2003, but half of the park is taken by constructions work now (and will be for more than a couple of years) + I am not sure they would get a permition to play there, it is still bigger and bigger problem to play close to the housing areas. It is actually the same with the Slavia stadium, which has the 10 p.m. curfew. And all bands must respect that. I know, Springsteen played till 11.30 or so, but that means a huge fine and well, all other bands I have seen there started at 8 and finnished at 10 p.m., which means that like 1,5 hour of each 2 hour conert is during full light. And that sucks.

3. There were some other locations the promoters tried out for outdoor gigs - like Kolbenova, which held some concerts in 2004 (McCartney, Bowie, Santana) or Chodov, where Madonna played in 2009. Those locations proved to be a failure and no other gigs ever took place there. I am sure that if there was a possibility to use Letna, they would have done it, I am not aware of any concert taking place there after 2003.

So, there you have it, there is really no suitable place. I mean outdoors. But maybe they might do some exception for The Stones...I don't know.
And the argument that they like Prague...I don't know...they were friends with Vaclav Havel, that is for sure and I am pretty certain that he was the main reason they played Prague many more times then any other East European city, but since Havel has passed away, I don't believe they have any other strong bonds with Prague.

But despite all that I have writen I still hope that they actually WILL play Prague this Summer. 2 years ago I could not imagine Springsteen would play there and he actually did.

Posted by: mikey C ()
Date: February 14, 2014 13:12

On the Stones 3rd visit to Prague they played Sportovni Hala 1998 ''Bridges to Babylon''tour capacity was 12,000 and you could still get a ticket on the day......i think that was the only indoor show on that tour europe 1998 summer.....it was in August a very hot day..great version of ''Memory Motel''as i recall

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: February 14, 2014 14:49

Yeap, they played Sportovni Hala indeed. That is the one concert I regret most I haven't attended. At that time I didn't go to concerts, didn't even think about it. I was studying in Prague in 1998, so it would have been so easy... And the support band were The Corrs...Damn.
Anyway, as I mentioned before, if they played indoors, then it would be no problem at all, the O2 is perfect, way better than the Stadthalle in Vienna for instance. But if they would play stadiums, then I think that the Ernest Happel Stadium in Vienna would be the logical choice to "cover" this part of Europe. It is just a speculation of course, but a logical one, I think.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1503
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home