Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 127
Re: 2014 tour of Europe
Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 6, 2014 19:51

This thread will be merged into the 2014 thread soon:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: January 6, 2014 22:41

Any news about rehearsals in Paris?

Bobby Keys: "Going on tour with the Rolling Stones. You'll have to do some travelin' if you wanna see it. We'll be starting in — how do you pronounce it? — Abu Dhabi (on Feb. 21). We'll rehearse in Paris and then we'll go to Abu Dhabi, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and a couple of other countries sprinkled in there. Half the time, I don't really know where we'll land."

Last rehersals resulted in Doom and Gloome and One Last.... - maybe they will have two more songs ready for Euro Tour Summer 2014

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 7, 2014 02:01

Ronnie on his Twitter account: "Getting ready ~ trying out my tour trainers smiling smiley"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 7, 2014 03:05

<<Last rehersals resulted in Doom and Gloome and One Last.... - maybe they will have two more songs ready for Euro Tour Summer 2014>>

But who will distribute these new recordings? Didn't their contract with UMG expire in 2013, and wasn't the GRRR! comp the fulfillment of this "recording" deal?

[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: January 7, 2014 12:21

Stoneage
The trouble with rumours is that for every 50th rumour 49 are false...

another rumour ; According to local reports this morning, the mighty Rolling Stones are lining up a June 2014 concert in Tel Aviv!

[www.timesofisrael.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 7, 2014 16:09

Another one here:

[www.jpost.com]

A source in the music industry confirmed this morning that The Rolling Stones are in negotiations to perform in Israel in June, Channel 2 reported.

The concert would take place in Tel Aviv's Yarkon Park and tickets would be expected to cost over NIS 400 each.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 7, 2014 16:37

That's around 80 € for a ticket. Not much if you look at last years ticket prices.
Looks like they plan very much outdoor and stadium concerts for Europe.
BV, isn't it time to add Europe to your 2014 tour site? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-07 16:39 by Stonesfan2146.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: January 7, 2014 16:56

Lien
Stoneage
The trouble with rumours is that for every 50th rumour 49 are false...

another rumour ; According to local reports this morning, the mighty Rolling Stones are lining up a June 2014 concert in Tel Aviv!

[www.timesofisrael.com]

The BAD news are that similar "news" were heard before the Licks & ABB tours - in both cases it proved to be local promoters "throwing a (rolling) stone into the pond", after having not much more than a "lead" to a possible contract (=a gig was possible if they pay). The problem, in both cases, was the the RS do not have a strong fan base in IL (and I'm being optimistic here) and while selling out such a 50K people event can be done, it depends on a creation of a very strong "do not miss the biggest thing ever happening musically" public effect. One Macca mega gig + 6 arena gigs of Deep Purple et all per season can definitely dry the well of possible income from such an expensive production, which is what happened back then (or was it Depeche Mode + some oldies?).

The GOOD news are: A tour of Europe+near east will take place this summer. Would say that RS fans in Athens, Italy etc. can smile even more now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-07 16:58 by Wroclaw.

Date: January 7, 2014 17:00

Stonesfan2146
That's around 80 € for a ticket. Not much if you look at last years ticket prices.
Looks like they plan very much outdoor and stadium concerts for Europe.
BV, isn't it time to add Europe to your 2014 tour site? smiling smiley

Actually thats the "standard" ticket price for International superstar park show's in Tel Aviv. An arena show cannot happen as there is no one that is large enough, not to mention appropriate from the artistic aspect.

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 7, 2014 17:23

BV, have you any news about Milan show negotiations?!Thanks!!

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: January 8, 2014 16:57

Did anyone hear rumors on shows in Germany and The Netherlands?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 8, 2014 17:08

Regarding Israel:

I remember talking to the a tour security representatitive about Israel shows (among other things) during the ABB tour and the guy said that they just could not ensure security in a place like Tel Aviv. So that may have played part in the past decisions not to go there.

(In Russia, on the other hand, show security was "all about payoffs" to the mafia. Who knows. But a security guard, right up there in the tour organisation, told me this.)

People that have waited outside Stones' hotels etc. will know who I am talking about. There has been a thread about him on this forum before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 17:11 by Topi.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: January 8, 2014 19:13

Topi
Regarding Israel:

I remember talking to the a tour security representatitive about Israel shows (among other things) during the ABB tour and the guy said that they just could not ensure security in a place like Tel Aviv. So that may have played part in the past decisions not to go there.

Well at least Tina Turner in 1987 and U2 in 1997 did go there.

...and some recent artists... [www.setlist.fm]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 19:14 by TooTough.

Date: January 8, 2014 22:19

Topi
Regarding Israel:

(In Russia, on the other hand, show security was "all about payoffs" to the mafia. Who knows. But a security guard, right up there in the tour organisation, told me this.)

People that have waited outside Stones' hotels etc. will know who I am talking about. There has been a thread about him on this forum before.

I remember series talk about a Stones gig in Tel Aviv for Sep. 2007: as reported in the media around May 2007. Obviously the tour ended on Aug. 2007 but from what I know nothing happened due to money matters, not security issues. This time the talks are about "Two open dates still offered by the Stones during June" and a 2.5 Mil Euro down-payment out of some 4.5 total. Security wont be an issue, I believe, but again it would be the business aspect. Rhiana, Red Hot Chilly Peppers, Madonna, Depeche Mode, Leonard Cohen, Paul Simon and Bob Dylan (and Daryl Jones...) were quite recent visitors and JUstin Timbelake and Bionce are scheduled for this early summer already. The issue, again, is can the local producer expect to sell out a 50,000 event at an average of 90 Euro per ticket, or more.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-08 22:22 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: January 9, 2014 00:04

That security excuse is nonsense, not only have acts as big as the Stones performed in Israel, look at what happens after the 30 sec mark on this clip, this is not some club show, it's one of the country's biggest stars in a 12,000 seat arena. Why use a catwalk if you can stand in the middle of the crowd!

Almost reminds me of that video during one of Jagger's solo shows where we jumps into the crowdgrinning smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 9, 2014 01:41

bbeliko
acts as big as the Stones

???????????????????????????????

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 9, 2014 07:32

Rolling Hansie
bbeliko

Yes exactly, the Beatles broke up in 1970 and Elvis is dead.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: January 9, 2014 08:10

I said as big not as goodsmiling smiley

OK I'll take the "as big" back as well, I meant major acts capable of selling out stadiums around the world.

Date: January 9, 2014 08:40

Rolling Hansie
bbeliko

The maximum this optional RS act can get to is a 50K sold out part show+highly paid superstars+150-200 staff+whole operational aspect related to stage and gear. Michael Jackson and Madonna both did this for 2 consecutive nights, which means that indeed in some aspects "acts as big as the stones already happened". Now personally I would take a lame single short Stones concert at any time, and not pair of superb Madonna/MJ gigs (both I did not bother to attend despite getting free ticket), but I am in minority...

Date: January 9, 2014 12:31

I too personally believe that the business side of things the most important issue. I was just quoting what I was told.

I hope Israel finally gets a Stones show - long overdue! =)

Date: January 9, 2014 12:57

Topi
I too personally believe that the business side of things the most important issue. I was just quoting what I was told.

Theres kind of an "open wound" in IL about a well known (locally known I mean) episode of "The Beatles concert that never happened": a real story about a Beatles 1965 concert that never happened as the government claimed that "Youth go wild after concerts of this band and harsh policing is required to keep it down" and denied them a work permit. Its kind of a repeater as "1st grade folly" nearly every time the Beatles are mentioned OR if there are talks about a possible Stones gig - which is regarded as sort of "compensation" for the Holy Grail that was never found. Not sure MJ will like this attitude, but it will most certainly mentioned if a gig will materialize...

Date: January 9, 2014 13:10

Those 1965 claims remind me of a cancelled Sex Pistols show in Finland in 1978 grinning smiley

Early Jan 1978 Finland's biggest daily news paper ran an editorial about the dangers of letting the Sex Pistols play concerts in Finland. Nine different youth organisations also petioned the finnish Home Office, asking them not to grant the band work permitts. After additional political pressure the Home Office agreed with the anti-Sex Pistols campaigners. When the band heard about this they offered to play Helsinki for free, which would mean that no work permits would be needed. As a result the Home Office made the decision to ban the four members of the band from entering the country by declaring them ''unwanted visitors''. This part of Finnish law had been reserved for known terrorists and members of organised crime syndicates up till then. It was the first, and probably the last, time it was used to stop a music concert.
(source: [www.acc.umu.se])

Date: January 9, 2014 13:24

Topi
Those 1965 claims remind me of a cancelled Sex Pistols show in Finland in 1978 grinning smiley

Early Jan 1978 Finland's biggest daily news paper ran an editorial about the dangers of letting the Sex Pistols play concerts in Finland. Nine different youth organisations also petioned the finnish Home Office, asking them not to grant the band work permitts. After additional political pressure the Home Office agreed with the anti-Sex Pistols campaigners. When the band heard about this they offered to play Helsinki for free, which would mean that no work permits would be needed. As a result the Home Office made the decision to ban the four members of the band from entering the country by declaring them ''unwanted visitors''. This part of Finnish law had been reserved for known terrorists and members of organised crime syndicates up till then. It was the first, and probably the last, time it was used to stop a music concert.
(source: [www.acc.umu.se])

Well I guess that in 1978 the option of "Tallin affair" or "Leningrad affair" were as impossible for FIN SP fans to the same extent that an "Amman affair" was for Beatles IL fans in 1965... smiling smiley

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: January 9, 2014 17:58

the promoter mentioned in the Israel news Marcel Avram is the same guy who organized the Stones show from A Bigger Bang tour in Bucharest. Maybe he'll come back with a statement

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 9, 2014 17:59

Topi

Ziggodome is long overdue
jeroen

Date: January 9, 2014 20:11

zgubi
the promoter mentioned in the Israel news Marcel Avram is the same guy who organized the Stones show from A Bigger Bang tour in Bucharest. Maybe he'll come back with a statement

He also is/was a big promoter in Germany, together with Fritz (Rock´n´)Rau.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-09 20:13 by TooTough.

Date: January 9, 2014 20:21

zgubi

I just found out that Avram was born inj Bucharest in 1938, so maybe bringing
them to his hometown was a matter of the heart.

Date: January 9, 2014 20:33

TooTough
zgubi

I just found out that Avram was born inj Bucharest in 1938, so maybe bringing
them to his hometown was a matter of the heart.

hes a good businessman + speaks Romanian + is familier to Romanian life/mentality=just natural he will grab business opportunities there. I actually flew to HP2 gig through Bucharest with WIZZ air flight. Quite a few passengers were "travel light businessman" who split their time between the two countries.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: January 9, 2014 20:35

Topi
Regarding Israel:

Don't forget that Israël avoids everyday several offenses /attacks ,so there are no major risks for rock bands

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: January 9, 2014 22:46

Also - what's up with the Singapore/Shanghai shows? As of this writing (Jan. 9) they still have not been confirmed.
I'm heaDEd to the Macau show (from Boston) - and had wanted to try and do Shanghai also, but as of now my plans are set...Glad I didn't wait for an annoucement. A lot of planning for a trip to China.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2223242526272829303132...LastNext
Current Page: 27 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2170
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home