Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: pjb ()
Date: December 16, 2013 21:10

For the price of a pit package deal in Aust ,You could fly over to Auckland return and still today get in the first 3 rows in a package 990 nz .no general seats avai at this time ,but they are holding back most of A1 A2 either side of the catwalk for packages, eventually they will be released as general 395 tickets closer to the time when the public baulk at paying an extra $500 for a lithograph etc .ID say they are doing the same in Aust squeezing every last $ out .

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: December 17, 2013 08:58

In Japan, pre-season baseball game schedule was released and there are scheduled games on 1st and 2nd of March at Tokyo Dome.

So if there is an extra show in metropolitan area, it must be in another venue.
It means much smaller venue than Dome.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 17, 2013 14:48

Strange they'd take such a long break so early in the tour between shows in the same city for anything other than venue unavailability.

Would certainly make sense to add an arena sized show somewhere else if the demand for the three Tokyo Dome shows merited it (which it probably will).

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: December 17, 2013 15:46

thecitadel
according to Bobby Keys interview, rehearsals in Paris before Abu Dhabi gig - and 2 more countries to be announced

Great, Paris would be much easier to reach for me than Australia.
Are there more indications for rehearsals in Paris?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 17, 2013 15:59

Stoneswolf
thecitadel
according to Bobby Keys interview, rehearsals in Paris before Abu Dhabi gig - and 2 more countries to be announced

Which interview with Bobby ??????????????????????
jERROEN

Date: December 17, 2013 16:19

corriecas
Stoneswolf
thecitadel

Which interview with Bobby ??????????????????????
jERROEN

Sorry sorry, found it already
Must be the wine
jeroen

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 20, 2013 00:38

Could someone show me or point me to the lithograph included with the packages?
Has that been shown yet? I'm curious to see it...

Thanks.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 21, 2013 18:06

I think I found it, a litho of the tongue.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: a bigger nut ()
Date: December 22, 2013 02:40

A domestic band noticed that they have Budokan concert in 1st and 2nd March.
Yohokama Arena is already occupied by another domestic band.
Saitama SuperArena is still available but only on 1st of March.

There are many concert venues in Tokyo but it is hard to imagine Stones have a gig such a small place less than 5000 capacity.

So if there is an extra show in Japan, it may be out of Tokyo area.

Posted by: bbeliko ()
Date: December 22, 2013 06:01

Or a club/theater show.

Posted by: FarEastMan ()
Date: December 22, 2013 06:39

After listening and collecting since 1973.., I am now a bit too old to stand and stomp around for a whole show (I am not so fit as Mickgrinning smiley)
So I am happy to have a good seat in Macau (Block126) where I can see everything and enjoy my probably last show of the Stones.
Also Macau seems to be the smallest show of 14 on fire and that makes it very attractive.
I am originally from Switzerland but live in Thailand and would be happy to have contact with hardcore Stones fans from Asia.
I had a ticket for Bangkok in 2003 and got pretty drunk after arriving at the Impact Arena and was told that the whole thing got cancelled.
So then... my dear Rolling Stones... just leave the still rumoured Singapore out and do Bangkok instead - Merry X-Mas to everbody, cheers smileys with beer

Tour reflections
Posted by: Torres ()
Date: December 21, 2013 16:14

Judging from this board, I see no interest at all in the upcoming concerts. If the tour thread wasn't sticky, it would have been lost the middle of other threads. It gets some comment every two days or so, probably not even related to the topic. The threads about specific concerts don't get much attention either.

So, does this happen because most of us who post here are from the US or Europe (and are not going), lack of interest, or a combination of both?

Discuss!

Re: Tour reflections
Date: December 21, 2013 16:29

Well, im from the Netherlands and dont have the money to go to the upcoming gigs in March and April. Im interested in the rehearsals, and curious if they will have Mick Taylor on more songs. Hope so, but doubt it, considering Jaggers ego and power.

Jeroen

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: December 21, 2013 17:17

I think it's just a matter of wait until they begin to play. Everybody will want to know what's happening at the upcoming concerts.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: December 21, 2013 17:39

The tour fever will set off the moment the rehearsals start. And will be unstoppable when the tour itself begins, especially when unexpected things will happen and if Taylor's role will be bigger or will change during the tour.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-12-21 18:43 by kleermaker.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: December 21, 2013 18:07

Reflection : it's christmas time so the rush will increase mid january

Expectations : they must open the show with 4-5 songs from the 1st album
Route 66, Carol, Not fade away...

Interrogation : a choir for YCAGWYW in Abu, Japan and Macau?

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 21, 2013 19:09

I think there's the feeling that they've already toured. Oh they're doing it again? Okay. Yawn. Other than the fact they've actually physically appearing somewhere, there's not a lot to be excited about. New setlist? Hardly. These places they're going want warhorses and that's what they'll get. More Mick Taylor? Why? They already got away with having him on board and barely any participation. It's more of the same, more of the same, and more of the same....

Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 21, 2013 20:57

Sadly, just another stale "Missionary Position" setlist. Really quite maddening, they still sound so great otherwise.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: December 21, 2013 21:19

Not that its at all comparable, but it has an essence of Bobs never ending tour system with short burst of activity followed by additional dates being scheduled. First this bit, little break then hopefully Europe. mebee 'nother recoup then more announcements.

Rolling, like stones

Stones ain't ever going away anyway, There always there, like the sun, moon and stars

\m/

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 21, 2013 21:35

josepi
just another stale "Missionary Position"

Who cares about the position ? It's still sex, ain't it ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: December 21, 2013 22:25

I think it was a big focus on the announcements and pre-sales.

I am over excited about the Spring trip, from Europe too but planning a great 3 week trip for some of the Australian shows with Abu Dhabi as a warm-up one month prior.

Merry Christmas smiling smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 21, 2013 23:31

Torres
Judging from this board, I see no interest at all in the upcoming concerts. If the tour thread wasn't sticky, it would have been lost the middle of other threads. It gets some comment every two days or so, probably not even related to the topic. The threads about specific concerts don't get much attention either.

So, does this happen because most of us who post here are from the US or Europe (and are not going), lack of interest, or a combination of both?

Discuss!

The shows are over two months away. What is there to say about them at this stage?

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: December 22, 2013 00:06

Gazza
Torres

Discuss!

The shows are over two months away. What is there to say about them at this stage?

expensive ticket prices mostly bought by scalpers...

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: December 22, 2013 00:48

I'm very excited. Planning my 1st trip to China (from Boston) for the Macau show. The fact that the shows are for folks in the US and Europe 'so far away' probably does add to the lack of excitement/news - that and there's just not a lot to discuss at this stage.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 22, 2013 12:33

Well us Aussies are pretty excited.
Under 3 months our boys are back down under.
I get to see my band up close and if Sweet Summer Sun is any indication, in excellent form.
Of course we will get the warhorse ride home, but who cares, what a warhorse collection.

I can't wait to see the band I have loved all my life playing the songs that are a huge part of my life, with my stones buddies.

Rest assured Australia has the fever, and it's just gonna build.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 22, 2013 16:58

Its a continuation of the tour they have been on.probably same setlist, same stage. I will be interested once the tour starts to see if its the same. I hope MT gets to do more.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 06:46

I saw the Stones back when they were close to their peak, 1975-1997 and it didn't cost a fortune for tickets. Now their long past their better years and you need to be rich to attend. That plus they haven't written anything worth listening to for about 25-30 yrs now and you do the math.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 23, 2013 08:00

That's the rub; pay a lot more for a lot less.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: December 23, 2013 08:58

I think it is because most people on the board will not be traveling to the shows. There is interest but I expect it will be very similar set list and format as the US shows, which, in turn, were similar to Nov/Dec 2012 shows.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 23, 2013 10:16

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1920212223242526272829...LastNext
Current Page: 24 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home