Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 127
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2014 - dates and more
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 23, 2014 11:35

novica

no, the other thread, in which someone posted list of 18 cities...

I did a Google search over the Threads - no list to find. Maybe it has been removed to avoid false hopes. On 4-Dec-2013 the Stones had released by mistake a picture on Twitter with all 14 dates for the upcoming Asia-Pacific Tour. This pic was withdrawn from Twitter a short time later - and from this Thread.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 23, 2014 12:36

Too many conspiracy theories around. I never deleted any list of 18 dates in Europe.

Feel free to make such a wish list, and I am sure I have seen such wish lists many times over the years. But they are based on dreams, not solid booking rumours.

This is just an example, for those who need a list of 18 dates of a summer tour, but it is 30% quality only and not based on any real information:

Israel
Italy
Spain 2x
France 2x
Germany 4x
NL 2x
Denmark
Finland
Norway
UK 3x

This is where they would sell out any show 20,000 - 40,000 capacity in less than three hours at the current price levels up for bids. But they do spice up with some fun places too without high income, so beware of a few surprises. Like they did not make any money on Istanbul, and certainly it is not big bucks in Johannesburg, even without the cobra...

Bjornulf

Posted by: novica ()
Date: January 23, 2014 13:23

thank you Irix,Bjornulf !

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 24, 2014 12:20

bv
Too many conspiracy theories around. I never deleted any list of 18 dates in Europe.

Feel free to make such a wish list, and I am sure I have seen such wish lists many times over the years. But they are based on dreams, not solid booking rumours.

This is just an example, for those who need a list of 18 dates of a summer tour, but it is 30% quality only and not based on any real information:

Israel
Italy
Spain 2x
France 2x
Germany 4x
NL 2x
Denmark
Finland
Norway
UK 3x

This is where they would sell out any show 20,000 - 40,000 capacity in less than three hours at the current price levels up for bids. But they do spice up with some fun places too without high income, so beware of a few surprises. Like they did not make any money on Istanbul, and certainly it is not big bucks in Johannesburg, even without the cobra...

But I hope for some Central and even East European cities e.g. Switzerland, Austria, Hungary or Poland or Czech Republic or Croatia, I mean about 4 more dates.

Date: January 24, 2014 13:02

There are 30-40 countries in Europe if you go East. They will not be able to visit all of them unfortunately. May be 14 or 18 shows but not 25 shows, may be 8-12 countries but not 20.

Bjornulf

Date: January 24, 2014 15:30

But I hope for some Central and even East European cities e.g. Switzerland, Austria, Hungary or Poland or Czech Republic or Croatia, I mean about 4 more dates.

hey 1962,don't forget Serbia smiling smiley

it's sweet dreams....
i'd be surprised if the Stones played anywhere, to the south of Vienna...
i mean, i would like,but i think it's not going to happen,,,unfortunately..

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: January 24, 2014 16:52

bv
There are 30-40 countries in Europe if you go East. They will not be able to visit all of them unfortunately. May be 14 or 18 shows but not 25 shows, may be 8-12 countries but not 20.

BV,

what is the expected time frame? Are we talking June, July or August? There were many rumors floating around and my hopes depend on this. I won't be back in Europe before mid July.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: January 24, 2014 19:21

novica

hey 1962,don't forget Serbia smiling smiley

it's sweet dreams....
i'd be surprised if the Stones played anywhere, to the south of Vienna...
i mean, i would like,but i think it's not going to happen,,,unfortunately..

One of my favorite stones concerts,in Belgrade thumbs up

Pozdrav iz Portugala,Novica! smileys with beer

Posted by: mailexile67 ()
Date: January 25, 2014 23:09

As unusual places, South-Afica (They have already play in Johannesburg in 1995) and Iceland could be considered for a possible show?!

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 16:07

bv

Israel
Italy
Spain 2x
France 2x
Germany 4x
NL 2x
Denmark
Finland
Norway
UK 3x

I think it is very dangerous if you, bv, write such a list, even only to show that it is all speculations. I guess since YOU wrote this list, not only many people here started to panic, but I am sure that some agencies just started to sell tickets :-)

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 26, 2014 16:40

Happy24
bv

Israel
Italy
Spain 2x
France 2x
Germany 4x
NL 2x
Denmark
Finland
Norway
UK 3x

I think it is very dangerous if you, bv, write such a list, even only to show that it is all speculations. I guess since YOU wrote this list, not only many people here started to panic, but I am sure that some agencies just started to sell tickets :-)

Just tell everyone to wear seatbelts...it'll be fine.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 26, 2014 17:12

Well, Netherlands twice... maybe that would be June 8, landgraaf, capacity 60000, and many other bands.....and...............

ZIGGODOME Amsterdam , CAPACITY 13000 YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH

or... Arena Amsterdam cap 80000, minus 1.. Cause i wont go to the bloody awful arena ..You hear that mick !!!

jeroen

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 17:27

......SINGAPORE????? Whats the hold up here????? I need to book flites PER/SIN/PER and accommodation, but cant until I see the show is ON. I CAN only fly up on the 15th and back on the 16th as I cant get time off work.....c'mon guys. PLEASE get this together!!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 26, 2014 17:35

corriecas
Well, Netherlands twice... maybe that would be June 8, landgraaf, capacity 60000, and many other bands.....and...............

or... Arena Amsterdam cap 80000, minus 1.. Cause i wont go to the bloody awful arena ..You hear that mick !!!

jeroen

That would probably be Pinkpop Classic....in August....IMO

Date: January 26, 2014 18:11

yeah Harm, what a way to go,.....after 50 years pinkpop Classic.

My guess is, keef and Ronnie will be on drugs after that gig again. haaaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 26, 2014 21:21

I am with you Bit USA about the Singapore date , I have a room booked but that is refundable, a flight is not , and I have an Australian Job Interview, the show in Perth and family visitors all to juggle between 15 and 20. I wish they would confirm!

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 26, 2014 21:45

There was recently a remark about the Singapore date by BV, see this Post.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: January 26, 2014 22:42

Harm
corriecas

jeroen

That would probably be Pinkpop Classic....in August....IMO

The thing most close to being certain is that the European Tour will take place in june-july.

(Btw Amsterdam Arena has a capacity of 50.000)

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: January 27, 2014 04:02

bv

It is one thing that The Stones are not interested in Central and Eastern Europe, and I would not be surprised if they didn't do any gigs in that region on the last tour. They simply can't put on a show there with ticket prices as high as in the UK, for example. But it is sad to see that you didn't even think of including a country from that region in your list -- just for fun. A country that they never played before... Perhaps Serbia or Croatia? (I'm not from either of those countries.) Anyway, lists like that are really pointless... They are going to play in countries, which pay enough. Simple as that. And it's gonna be: "It's good to be here, it's good to be anywhere." ...

Date: January 27, 2014 08:07

Torres

One of my favorite stones concerts,in Belgrade thumbs up

Pozdrav iz Portugala,Novica! smileys with beer

Pozdrav iz Srbije ,Torres !smileys with beer

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 28, 2014 12:04

bv

Israel
Italy
Spain 2x
France 2x
Germany 4x
NL 2x
Denmark
Finland
Norway
UK 3x

Sweden will of course be on that list as well, they would never do Finland, Denmark, Norway and leave Sweden without a show.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 12:22

Vienna for sure

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: January 28, 2014 16:35

Don't you think it's more likely that they will play stadiums in the summer in Europe? So, instead of two shows in places like Spain, France and Netherlands, it would be just one show.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 28, 2014 16:56

drbryant
Don't you think it's more likely that they will play stadiums in the summer in Europe? So, instead of two shows in places like Spain, France and Netherlands, it would be just one show.

No demand for more shows like many years ago?

Date: January 28, 2014 19:05

They have a limit of how many shows they can do. Everybody has seen this limit in USA/Canada 2013 and now "14 on Fire". They are average age 70. Half price on public transportation if they wish. No reason to tour half the year if you have enough money in the bank and a bunch of grandchilderen. I think I say this every month or so here. There will NOT be many shows in many cities. Just a few handful selected ones.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 19:15

I guess it's known for insiders when they are touring Europe. Can anybody say if they tour in June/July or August or already in may...

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: January 28, 2014 20:24

bv
They have a limit of how many shows they can do. Everybody has seen this limit in USA/Canada 2013 and now "14 on Fire". They are average age 70. Half price on public transportation if they wish. No reason to tour half the year if you have enough money in the bank and a bunch of grandchilderen. I think I say this every month or so here. There will NOT be many shows in many cities. Just a few handful selected ones.

Yes and Sweden will for sure be their first choice if they play any of the nordic countries.

Date: January 28, 2014 20:49

bv

Just tell us where and when !
jeroen

Date: January 28, 2014 21:28

I think most of those who sell tickets and arrange concerts - promoters - do know the economical potentials in various countries, and place their bids accordingly. I would not be surprised if they leave out some countries that others expect them to perform in, simply because there isn't room for that many shows.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: January 28, 2014 21:48

On the one hand it's sad that they don't want to do 25 - 50 shows per leg because they can't make as many fans happy as on 40Licks or ABB.
But on the other hand we can say: As less quantity they do, as more quality we can expect. Think that the shows in 2012/2013 were played very well.
Maybe they've noticed in 2007 that they just can't do every gig perfectly with growing age at that number of shows...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2526272829303132333435...LastNext
Current Page: 30 of 127

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home