Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Date: February 11, 2014 09:30

thecitadel
Gimmie Shelter rehearsed on Monday.

Thanks! I guess Keith doesn't mind any problems, then smiling smiley

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:30

frenki09
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Stones again, and I know I will have a great time, but (and there is always a but) I no longer have high expectations.

I don't understand this (seriously). If you're looking forward to it and know you'll have a great time, how can you not have high expectations? confused smiley

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:33

frenki09
[
Hmmm... It's interesting to see that they have not rehearsed Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash... Gimme Shelter? (Waiting for Lisa?)

And I have to say that with the album titles added to the list, and thinking about all the great songs they have recorded, but rarely played live, I really wish they would be a little -- just a little -- more adventurous. Hand of Fate, Crazy Mama, Hot Stuff? Slave? (Jam songs like Can't You Hear Me Knocking are the true highlight for fans and the band alike.) Time Waits For No One? Till The Next Goodbye? [A fitting way to say goodbye to Asia, Australia -- Wikipedia: "An overlooked song from the Stones canon of work, Till the Next Goodbye has never been performed live by the Stones and is not included on any compilation albums."] Cook Cook Blues (with Taylor -- I want more blues)? No Expectations (with Taylor who said that's his favorite Stones song)? Child Of The Moon? Dance Little Sister? Sad Sad Sad? (It sounds soooo good on the 1990 Wembley bootleg, and it truly rocks pulling you in.) Please Go Home (as the encore -- could be a crowed pleaser and an easy song to play)? Had It With You? Time Is On My Side? 2000 Men? More hot stuff from the 60's? And I could go on.

I know this is mainly up to Jagger... and he doesn't like taking risks. So it will be Tumbling Dice and Miss You again (which are great songs, but...).

I know wish lists are on everybody's minds, and I have no intention to start another one. But I know they are capable of playing songs that they don't usually do. Rocks Off or All Down The Line are good ones, but we heard them before. The Some Girls material are not rare at all. Worried About You? Nice, but we heard it a few times, and we will not go mad about hearing it again. Let It Bleed? We got that one a lot if you think about it.

This time they are playing smaller venues, and tickets are more expensive, so it's very likely that the audience will consist of more hard-core fans who would appreciate the odd songs.

I always wondered why they are not digging deeper into their archives. They could easily do it. Even The Who (who don't change set lists a lot) would do the complete Tommy or Quadrophenia, meaning that in the end they do a lot more songs...

I know that they would need to seriously rehearse the rarely played or never-before-played songs, but they got all the time in the world, don't they? And this is what they do for a living. They are lucky they don't have to check in every morning at 9 am and work at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I know they are old, but hey! I know some old people who are in worst shape than Jagger and they still work 5 days a week, cos they need money to survive, to buy food. So how about the Stones work a little harder? For you and I...

Moonlight Mile will be great! And I am happy for Slipping Away. Love In Vain with Taylor? Hell, yeah! She Was Hot would be "cool" if they've done it. And they have to do Can't You Hear Me Knocking. They will not do Bo Diddley or Route 66, unfortunately...

The reason why I want the Winos back on the road is because I know they would surprise me night after night. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Stones again, and I know I will have a great time, but (and there is always a but) I no longer have high expectations.

Miss You starts to be a little overplayed and tired, not very inspiring anymore... unless they would change it somehow, in 89/90 tours it was one of the highlights though.

But Tumbling Dice is one of my favorite Stones songs and it does always seem to work well live so for me it's ok, I have never heard a bad live version of Tumbling Dice!!!

Not rehearsing Satisfaction, JJF and GS?

Well... Maybe they are even themselves a little bit bored with them and GS needs Lisa, that's obvious. Satisfaction and JJF are also quite easy songs to play live I guess, to get a real good feeling into Satisfaction is totally another question, I don't miss very much that song nowadays, in -69 tour it was superb.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:35

"About GS, my guess is that it is out of the setlist because Keith had trouble playing the intro on the last tour."

Dandelion, judging from the clips that happened on two or three nights, only, on the last tour. The intro was usually nice and sentimental enough, IMO.

Date: February 11, 2014 09:39

Aquamarine
frenki09
I'm really looking forward to seeing the Stones again, and I know I will have a great time, but (and there is always a but) I no longer have high expectations.

I don't understand this (seriously). If you're looking forward to it and know you'll have a great time, how can you not have high expectations? confused smiley

I think it's good to not have very high expections, I have always felt myself that I somehow enjoy the live concerts more when I don't have very high expections, some kind of psychological thing I guess...

Date: February 11, 2014 10:03

laertisflash
"About GS, my guess is that it is out of the setlist because Keith had trouble playing the intro on the last tour."

Dandelion, judging from the clips that happened on two or three nights, only, on the last tour. The intro was usually nice and sentimental enough, IMO.

I agree, but with Keith's swollen fingers, it was hard for him to do it. He had problems on all the shows I've seen. But seemingly, it was only during the intros...

I didn't mind that at all, and thought it was kinda charming. But who knows what Keith thinks? I was merely speculating here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 10:10 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:08

Thanks Bjornulf..
Jeroen

Date: February 11, 2014 10:33

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

I agree, but with Keith's swollen fingers, it was hard for him to do it. He had problems on all the shows I've seen. But seemingly, it was only during the intros...

I didn't mind that at all, and thought it was kinda charming. But who knows what Keith thinks? I was merely speculating here.

Has Keith himself or anybody else near the band ever talked about Keith's fingers?

I wonder if he gets some kind of treatment or medication for them?

Or is that possible at all?

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:34

GS was good yesterday... it had that slow dangerous pace we all know since the Paradiso'95 version was used for a live CD.
And yesterday again, no sign of Keith messing up the intro...

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:35

I still hope that they will play Lady Jane again which sounded really great the one time they performed it in London.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 11, 2014 10:43

DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

That one is not bad, where he really had problems with it was in 2012, and with the groove of the song in general, it was a bit painful to see that at the O2. Seems he was just a bit rusty.

With the fantastic HP versions I doubt this one is going away ;-) Could Taylor be heard on it yesterday?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: February 11, 2014 10:48

I miss the acoustic section from previous tours: Sweet Virginia / Angie

It was absolutely fantastic and it gave some nice variety to the whole show.

I used to watch that part many times in a row from dvd...

Date: February 11, 2014 11:05

gotdablouse
DandelionPowderman
laertisflash

That one is not bad, where he really had problems with it was in 2012, and with the groove of the song in general, it was a bit painful to see that at the O2. Seems he was just a bit rusty.

With the fantastic HP versions I doubt this one is going away ;-) Could Taylor be heard on it yesterday?

He had the very same problems in HP smiling smiley

But it was a great version indeed (HP1)!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 11:06 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:12

Nothing cringe inducing like in 2012, guess I could check my recordings but it sounds like you're in Matthijs mode again so I won't bother, besides I need to get ready to head out to the rehearsals...actually I'll give it a listen on my way ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:31

saltoftheearth
I still hope that they will play Lady Jane again which sounded really great the one time they performed it in London.

That was great, but why did Charlie drum on it? Kinda ruined it.

Date: February 11, 2014 11:36

<but it sounds like you're in Matthijs mode again so I won't bother>

And how would that be? Too picky? smiling smiley

Look, the only thing I wanted to get across was that Keith had trouble playing the intro several times on the tour. It doesn't bother me - not at all.

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:50

Aquamarine
frenki09

As somebody else said it, it's better not to have high expectations, and then be pleasantly surprised. Maybe I am too old to rock and roll, too young to die. Hehe. I guess that's how I approach The Stones after seeing them live a few times. Mick's gonna be working his butt off and do the "pointing", Keith is gonna be all smiles, Taylor will do his signature solos, Charlie will be the backbone of the whole thing and Woody will fill in the gaps. As usual... There's not much they can change when it comes to the classics like Brown Sugar, so that's gonna be a nice sing along as usual... I'm excited about seeing them in Macau and Shanghai, but I think I know what I'm going to get: a good, VERY professional show. The thing I'm most looking forward is seeing Taylor with the band. I really don't know why they don't have him play the whole show... That would be something...

Posted by: marko ()
Date: February 11, 2014 11:55

which one he uses,open or standard,sounds standard tuning to me.

Date: February 11, 2014 12:02

marko
which one he uses,open or standard,sounds standard tuning to me.

On GS?

Open D on the studio version. Standard tuning in concert.

Posted by: Rsylvain ()
Date: February 11, 2014 12:43

So

Trabendo free february 15, 17, 18
La cigale free february 14 to 17
Trianon free february 16
Olympia free february 17 to 19
Bataclan free february 14, 16 to 19

Posted by: saltoftheearth ()
Date: February 11, 2014 13:43

Hopefully they got the message that if they bring out the qualities of three guitarists there will be spectacular concerts (even for those too young to remember Mick Taylor as a band member)!

As much as I appreciate MickT I always found that Taylor vs. Wood discussion simply ridiculous. It makes me happy to hert that they get along excellent with each other, the best thing that can happen to the Stones.

Date: February 11, 2014 13:55

saltoftheearth
Hopefully they got the message that if they bring out the qualities of three guitarists there will be spectacular concerts (even for those too young to remember Mick Taylor as a band member)!

As much as I appreciate MickT I always found that Taylor vs. Wood discussion simply ridiculous. It makes me happy to hert that they get along excellent with each other, the best thing that can happen to the Stones.

Agreed. Three guitarists (each of them different type of players) definitely make the band more interesting.

Posted by: bam ()
Date: February 11, 2014 14:39

I still want to see "Tell Me" on the rehearsal list. The first song they wrote, and the name of this very board. A shout out to BV, as you will.

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: February 11, 2014 14:41

Zegut posed about a show on February 14th..

Is Mick gonna choose Valentine's Day in Paris to play?!

Weird...

Date: February 11, 2014 15:12

why weird ?

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 11, 2014 15:48

Francis Zegut hints at Le Bataclan on Friday.

[www.byzegut.fr]

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 11, 2014 16:00

bye bye johnny

[www.byzegut.fr]

[www.bataclan.fr]
1500 capacity

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: February 11, 2014 16:03

Grison
bye bye johnny

[www.byzegut.fr]

[www.bataclan.fr]
1500 capacity

The way he wrote, this time, makes me think it's not a hint but just a personal guess.
But I can be wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 16:16 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: February 11, 2014 16:30

Title5Take1
rockerparis

This photo makes me think of what Groucho Marx said to Ronnie when they met. GROUCHO: "That's the most ridiculous haircut I've ever seen. Are you a man or a chicken?"

that hair adds an easy extra 6 inches, what man can turn down that prospect

Date: February 11, 2014 16:42

La cigale is free too the 14....

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home