Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: nahuw ()
Date: February 8, 2014 01:58

I understand... and using my email?

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: February 8, 2014 02:02

ROPENI
"Streets of love" twice....angry smiley

If you made a wish with a monkey's paw: "I wanna hear Mick Taylor play with the Stones". This is what you'd get.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 8, 2014 02:19

DoomandGloom
Surprised this thread contained so much misinformation regarding Taylor being there from the start.. Can the "insiders" please be the only ones to give the facts, over speculation so far from fans on the street but I admire their devotion....

There's cryptic info.. that's part of the game. Whether he was there from the beginning or not is irrelevant to me. Let his guitar do the talking. That's the most important thing when it comes to the amount of songs he plays with the Stones. Jagger is not deaf I think .

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 8, 2014 02:37

LuxuryStones

There's cryptic info.. that's part of the game. Whether he was there from the beginning or not is irrelevant to me. Let his guitar do the talking. That's the most important thing when it comes to the amount of songs he plays with the Stones. Jagger is not deaf I think .

Many people of his age develop auditory problems. So trying not to hear something becomes easier. Sham deaf.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: February 8, 2014 04:14

wow there really mixing up the set list said no one ever.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: February 8, 2014 04:42

Hats off to them if they mix it up and bring these gems to the stage again.

Posted by: fyp933 ()
Date: February 8, 2014 04:55

rockerparis
Complete setlist on ROCKERPARIS website:

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_7.html

Fantastic version of CYHMK

Hello to BV have a nice week end home

don't know if it's the jacket he's wearing but it looks like Mick Taylor has slimmed down a bit since last summer

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: February 8, 2014 05:13

Max'sKansasCity
This thread = smiling smiley
Thank you to the people who are there for these first hand reports.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: February 8, 2014 08:59

thank You to all of You for sharing feelings and emotions, great reports, pictures … smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 8, 2014 09:54

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
This thread = smiling smiley
Thank you to the people who are there for these first hand reports.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Yeah, really happy to read all the first hand news and see the great pix !!
jeroensmiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-08 09:55 by corriecas.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 8, 2014 11:33

DoomandGloom
Surprised this thread contained so much misinformation regarding Taylor being there from the start.. Can the "insiders" please be the only ones to give the facts, over speculation so far from fans on the street but I admire their devotion....

Easy does it...fact is Taylor only started rehearsing with them yesterday, at least that's what anyone with eyes and who was there each day would tell you. Whether he was in Paris before that, if that's what you have in mind, is anyone's guess and doesn't really matter I think?

Ok, backtracking a bit in the thread it seems there is some confusion with "from the beginning/start", bv was answering the question "from the beginning of the day", not "from the beginning of the rehearsals on Monday"! So yes he definitely arrived with Charlie yesterday and was present the whole time. Like I said, we were not inside so we can't know for sure whether he played on ALL the songs. I don't think a third guitar is really needed on Respectable, SOL or D&G, so maybe he didn't play on these, but maybe he just played along. Not a big deal either way.

In any case we heard a unique line-up yesterday : Jagger, Watts, Taylor, Wood + Jones and Leavell, history in the making, as often with the Stones, maybe for the first and last time, who knows!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-08 12:56 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 8, 2014 11:41

After 5 days of rehearsals, it's difficult to imagine a definitive set list.
Last year, in LA, they played an almost complete set list on the thirsday and friday of the first week.
This time, apparently, no specific order.
54 songs + adding JJF, BS and Satisfaction.

Favorites to make the cut : D&G, ER, Silver Train, IORR and GOMC
Songs (from the last tour) dropped : GS, OMS and YCAGWYW
What about Keith's set? Happy/BTMMR and Slipping away?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2014 12:41

Mick Taylor arrived to the reharsals firt time yesterday Friday Feb 9 i.e. on day number 5 of the rehearsals. Just to make it clear. See the IORR news entry:

Feb 7: Mick Taylor rehearsing with the Rolling Stones tonight
While Keith Richards left the current tour rehearsals in Paris today to visit his newborn grandchild, Mick Taylor was a great and familiar guitar replacement tonight. They rehearsed songs such as "Silver Train", "Sway", "Street of Love", "Moonlight Mile" and more. See the NME.com article The Rolling Stones' Keith Richards becomes grandfather for fifth time and the IORR thread Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire.

Bjornulf

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: February 8, 2014 13:23

;;;;;;;;;;

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 18:50 by RomanCandle.

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 8, 2014 13:28

Usually not on weekends, but you never know...

Posted by: MGetzner ()
Date: February 8, 2014 13:59

Thank you so much for all these exiting news on rehearsals and set lists!

Cheers
Michael

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 8, 2014 14:00

Kaisan
Stonesfan2146
Full set today according to [rockerparis.blogspot.de]

1) Silver Train
2) Ventilator Blues (intro only)
3) Sway ( several attempt -4 or 5)
4) Get out of my cloud
5) Let it bleed
6) Live with me ( with false start)
7) Respectable
------
8) Angie (?)
9) Street of love (x2)
----
10) She's so cold
--------
11) Heartbreaker (x2)
12) Can't You Hear Me Knocking
13) Doom & Gloom
14) Emotional Rescue
15) Moonlight Mile (x2)
16) Shine a light

Moonlight Mile and Shine A Ligt? I´m really looking forward to see them on tour! Hope they will practice Ventilator Blues once again in full length - VB is one of my all-time favorites on Exile.

Moonlight Mile!!! Yes!!!

They should release these rehearsals in FLAC-files.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: February 8, 2014 15:16

marclaff
After 5 days of rehearsals, it's difficult to imagine a definitive set list.
(...)
What about Keith's set? Happy/BTMMR and Slipping away?

That's exactly what I'm wondering before every tour! I wish we could listen to Little T&A or Connection live once more but it seems like Happy and BTMMR are fixed as his second songs. YGTS could now possibly be replaced by Slippin' Away - what a pity. However, I think it is much better for Keith to only focus on three songs for every tour leg in order to perform them nicely on each show (as he perfectly did last year in contrast to 2006 or /07).

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 8, 2014 19:52

@ Twitter

Le Trianon @LeTrianonParis
Petit rappel...il n y a pas de concert des @RollingStones prévu au Trianon
18:35 za 8 feb.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 8, 2014 20:05

Translation of Twitter LeTrianonParis:

Little reminder ... there is no concert of the Rolling Stones scheduled at the Trianon.

Would fit to this message from rockerparis.blogspot.fr:

"Chances of a show on Feb 10th in Paris have dropped from 10% to 0,5%"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-08 20:20 by Irix.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 8, 2014 20:49

The chance of a club show at the Trianon dropped instantly when Keith got the message about his new grandchild born Thursday, and left the rehearsals. There is more to be rehearsed before they can perform still.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 8, 2014 21:42

Painting on my day off ~

[twitter.com]

story from rehearsals BV posted earlier
Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 8, 2014 15:57

... because Mick and Keith met, because Charlie punched Mick once and once only, because Mick did all the right things and Keith said it was ok, because we all love them even if our better halfs are saying we should stay at home and watch the kids, dog, garden, job, family, friends and all of that. And because Ronnie was there right when he was needed as a glue. Remember it could have all ended in the 80's. Because Charlie has got those double beats and such a great smile telling us all he just loves to be behind those Gretch drums. And 100 more reasons. And of course, because they have this incredible professional crew of people who work for them. Like today - just one of hundreds of stories I could tell:

At the rehearsals. Tonight. Before anyone had arrived. One of "us" with an acoustic guitar playing the greatest riffs of them all. And a sign saying "Pick?". So Keith is arriving and sure they spot the sign. Five minute later. "Who has got the sign?" Serious question. And there it is - THE PICK! Everybody is so happy. The fans are happy because the Stones AND their crew and management do care about the fans.

Bjornulf

Re: story from rehearsals BV posted earlier
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: February 8, 2014 16:08

duke richardson

At the rehearsals. Tonight. Before anyone had arrived. One of "us" with an acoustic guitar playing the greatest riffs of them all. And a sign saying "Pick?". So Keith is arriving and sure they spot the sign. Five minute later. "Who has got the sign?" Serious question. And there it is - THE PICK! Everybody is so happy. The fans are happy because the Stones AND their crew and management do care about the fans.

Bjornulf

To be honest, fans assisting at the rehearsals in Milano back in 2006 were not so lucky ...

C

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: February 8, 2014 16:30

Well, I remember that in Milano - outside the "Alcatraz" venue - one of the security guys distributed lots of picks to the fans. I also got one! But of course to get a pick from one of the boys in person it's a completely different story.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: February 8, 2014 16:42

duke richardson
... because Mick and Keith met, because Charlie punched Mick once and once only, because Mick did all the right things and Keith said it was ok, because we all love them even if our better halfs are saying we should stay at home and watch the kids, dog, garden, job, family, friends and all of that. And because Ronnie was there right when he was needed as a glue. Remember it could have all ended in the 80's. Because Charlie has got those double beats and such a great smile telling us all he just loves to be behind those Gretch drums. And 100 more reasons. And of course, because they have this incredible professional crew of people who work for them. Like today - just one of hundreds of stories I could tell:

Bjornulf

Haha, good one.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 8, 2014 22:39

Just got to say this is great readin'!

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: February 8, 2014 22:41

Chacal
LuxuryStones

Many people of his age develop auditory problems. So trying not to hear something becomes easier. Sham deaf.

Bloody Ampegs, my dear Chacal. winking smiley

""THIS AMP IS CAPABLE OF DELIVERING SOUND PRESSURE LEVELS THAT MAY CAUSE PERMANENT HEARING DAMAGE."

Posted by: U2Stonesfan ()
Date: February 8, 2014 22:59

Thanks for the updates! Starting to get excited!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 9, 2014 05:35

Judging from the reactions of a lot of people here, when we thought we had it, I hope the Stones would consider adding Dance Little Sister to the rehearsals log. Hopefully someone from the camp takes notice to this site. I mean really is it asking too much? Can someone hold a sign outside the rehearsals?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2090
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home