Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: February 10, 2014 21:59

Wouldn't It be great to hear some stuff like "Let Me Go" or "Winning Ugly" on rehearsals? Good songs IMO but second one never played live...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 10, 2014 22:31

Stonesfan2146
Wouldn't It be great to hear some stuff like "Let Me Go" or "Winning Ugly" on rehearsals? Good songs IMO but second one never played live...

Mick did do that one live once - on his solo tour - Melbourne 6th October 1988

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: February 10, 2014 22:47

Then he should sing it again there on March 28th 2014, with his real band!
With Ronnie on bass too. What a nifty riff.

Was the '88 show recorded?

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: February 10, 2014 22:54

hello people in paris. rehearse the stones yet?

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: February 10, 2014 22:57

hockenheim95
Slipping away 3x
happy
before they make me run
tumbling dice
all down the line
bitch
brown sugar (many failed starts)
worried about you 2x
---break---
moonlight mile 2x
silver train 2x
can't you hear me knocking
---break---
rocks off
loving cup 2x
gimme shelter
---break---
out of control
---break---
streets of love 3x
You can't always get what You want

keith is there

I guess the rehearsals are finished now.

Posted by: chemicalreaction ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:01

marclaff
hockenheim95
Slipping away 3x
happy
before they make me run
tumbling dice
all down the line
bitch
brown sugar (many failed starts)
worried about you 2x
---break---
moonlight mile 2x
silver train 2x
can't you hear me knocking
---break---
rocks off
loving cup 2x
gimme shelter
---break---
out of control
---break---
streets of love 3x
You can't always get what You want

keith is there

I guess the rehearsals are finished now.

Thank you!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:11

Stonesfan2146
Yes, yes it would.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:32

Of course no show tonight...
and some pics from Ronnie leaving the hotel on ROCKERPARIS

http://rockerparis.blogspot.fr/2014/02/rolling-stones-rehearsals-in-paris-day_10.html

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:39

EJM
I hope BV will be reporting tonight so we can get a definitive answer on Keith - how did he manage to get into rehearsals without anyone seeing him ?
What do you mean? We all saw him arrive, and just look at the setlist, first six songs were Keith's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-10 23:40 by leteyer.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: February 10, 2014 23:56

Thanks leteyer - confusion sorted earlier in the day !

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:01

leteyer
EJM
I hope BV will be reporting tonight so we can get a definitive answer on Keith - how did he manage to get into rehearsals without anyone seeing him ?
What do you mean? We all saw him arrive, and just look at the setlist, first six songs were Keith's.

Not just there, but seemingly eager as well. Doesn't they usually rehearse Keith's songs last (so Mick could have his beauty sleep, keep his girlfriend happy or something...)?

- Doxa

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:05

Deluxtone
Then he should sing it again there on March 28th 2014, with his real band!
With Ronnie on bass too. What a nifty riff.

Was the '88 show recorded?

Yes, and quite a decent recording too, unfortunately it looks like the taper's tape ran out 2 mins 40 into Winning Ugly, by the time he's sorted it out they are into Lonely at the top.

The boot is called Deep down under part 6.

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:07

Keith sitting on the floor at NellcĂ´te while holding a box of brown sugar. In front of him is a copy of 'Paris Match' (mise en place by Anita) which includes an article on the American Hell's Angels.

Photo by Dominique Tarlé, 1971.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:26

muenke
Moonlight Mile? With Taylor it should not be hard to top this one from 1999:

Quite easy to top.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:43

Keith Richards arrived as the first of the Stones core members tonight, in fact fifteen minutes before Mick Taylor. I don't normally go too close to the gate, don't want to be a nosy stalker, but today I took a look over the gate. As I am tall enought to see over, I saw Keith as he arrived. But you don't see him at the hotel or in the car. Security. Rest asssured. He was at the today Monday Feb 10 rehearsals from start to finish, and he was alone with his band without Mick for the first hour. By the way, they did Keith songs, so I am surprised there are speculations about Keith NOT being here when they do Slipping Away, Happy, B4...

First day with complete band doing SILVER TRAIN as they want it to be. A howling harmonica by Mick, like the train is really there, and the startup with Mick Taylor on slide guitar. With three guitarists present today they did some extra work on the guitars coordination, and believe me, this will be a great crowd pleaser during the 2014 tours.

Worried About You, Moonlight Mile, Streets Of Love, Loving Cup, Out Of Control. All of these are worked on seriously with retakes and I like what I hear. These will fit nicely into the early set list section of many shows. I just can't wait to get these in a real show.

Paris just get colder and colder. When the sun is down it feels arctic, even if I brought my real winter jacket. The promlem is we stand still for hours, so I keep moving. That helps, but the wind is not nice.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:52

Bjornulf, thanks a lot for the information.

Posted by: Peterh ()

I finally can start to get excited about the Tokyo shows. 2 more weeks of slaving and I'm off. Reading about Moonlight Mile and Silver Train makes me even more excited.

Can't wait...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()

Thanks for the review Bjornulf!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:56

They will do THREE - 3 - shows in Tokyo so my guess is Tokyo will be the city where most of the rare stuff will be performed, especially at show number three. Just a note to tell from past experience.

Bjornulf

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: February 11, 2014 00:57

Thank you BV!

Posted by: erad ()
Date: February 11, 2014 01:34

Hope we get at least a couple of the rsrities in auckland. Would love to see out of control. Great that they seem to be working on meshing the three guitars, just awesome that mick taylor is back in the fold after all these years. My mate who was too cheap to sell out for a ticket is gonna regret it thats for sure.

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: February 11, 2014 01:39

Stonesfan2146

Believe it or not, there are people who would have prefered Mick solo to The Stones. Of course there is a question if such people could be called real fans...

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: February 11, 2014 03:34

<<How is it possible that there are many failed start with BS ? How many times have they played it before... confused>>

My reaction exactly. Too funny!

Posted by: frenki09 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 04:56

goingmad
The list of songs rehearsed so far:

Covers:
1 Bo Diddley
2 Route 66

Singles 60's:
3 It's all over now
4 Get off of my cloud
5 The last time
6 Paint it black
7 Let's Spend The Night Together
8 Ruby Tuesday
9 Honky tonk women

Beggars Banquet:
10 Street fitghting man
11 Simpathy fot the devil

Let it bleed:
12 Live with me
13 Let it bleed
14 Midnight rambler
15 Love In Vain

Sticky fingers:
16 Bitch
17 Can't You Hear Me Knocking
18 Dead flowers
19 Sway
20 Wild horses
21 Moonlight mile

Exile on main street:
22 All down the line
23 Rocks off
24 Shine a light
25 Tumbling dice
26 Loving cup
27 Ventilator blues

Goat's head soup:
28 Angie
29 Silver train
30 Heartbreaker

Iorr:
31 Iorr
32 Ain't too proud to beg
33 If you can't rock me

Black & Blue:
34 Memory motel
35 Fool To Cry

Some girls:
36 Just my imagination
37 Respectable
38 Beast of burden
39 When the whip comes down
40 Miss you
41 Shattered
42 Far Away eyes
43 Some girls

Emotional rescue:
44 She's so cold
45 Emotional rescue

Tattoo you:
46 Worried about you
47 Start me up
48 Waiting on a friend

Undercover:
49 She was hot

Steel wheels:
50 Slipping Away

Voodoo lounge:
51 You got me rocking

Bridges to babylon:
52 Out of control

A bigger bang:
53 Streets of love

Grrr:
54 Doom & Gloom

Hmmm... It's interesting to see that they have not rehearsed Satisfaction and Jumpin' Jack Flash... Gimme Shelter? (Waiting for Lisa?)

And I have to say that with the album titles added to the list, and thinking about all the great songs they have recorded, but rarely played live, I really wish they would be a little -- just a little -- more adventurous. Hand of Fate, Crazy Mama, Hot Stuff? Slave? (Jam songs like Can't You Hear Me Knocking are the true highlight for fans and the band alike.) Time Waits For No One? Till The Next Goodbye? [A fitting way to say goodbye to Asia, Australia -- Wikipedia: "An overlooked song from the Stones canon of work, Till the Next Goodbye has never been performed live by the Stones and is not included on any compilation albums."] Cook Cook Blues (with Taylor -- I want more blues)? No Expectations (with Taylor who said that's his favorite Stones song)? Child Of The Moon? Dance Little Sister? Sad Sad Sad? (It sounds soooo good on the 1990 Wembley bootleg, and it truly rocks pulling you in.) Please Go Home (as the encore -- could be a crowed pleaser and an easy song to play)? Had It With You? Time Is On My Side? 2000 Men? More hot stuff from the 60's? And I could go on.

I know this is mainly up to Jagger... and he doesn't like taking risks. So it will be Tumbling Dice and Miss You again (which are great songs, but...).

I know wish lists are on everybody's minds, and I have no intention to start another one. But I know they are capable of playing songs that they don't usually do. Rocks Off or All Down The Line are good ones, but we heard them before. The Some Girls material are not rare at all. Worried About You? Nice, but we heard it a few times, and we will not go mad about hearing it again. Let It Bleed? We got that one a lot if you think about it.

This time they are playing smaller venues, and tickets are more expensive, so it's very likely that the audience will consist of more hard-core fans who would appreciate the odd songs.

I always wondered why they are not digging deeper into their archives. They could easily do it. Even The Who (who don't change set lists a lot) would do the complete Tommy or Quadrophenia, meaning that in the end they do a lot more songs...

I know that they would need to seriously rehearse the rarely played or never-before-played songs, but they got all the time in the world, don't they? And this is what they do for a living. They are lucky they don't have to check in every morning at 9 am and work at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I know they are old, but hey! I know some old people who are in worst shape than Jagger and they still work 5 days a week, cos they need money to survive, to buy food. So how about the Stones work a little harder? For you and I...

Moonlight Mile will be great! And I am happy for Slipping Away. Love In Vain with Taylor? Hell, yeah! She Was Hot would be "cool" if they've done it. And they have to do Can't You Hear Me Knocking. They will not do Bo Diddley or Route 66, unfortunately...

The reason why I want the Winos back on the road is because I know they would surprise me night after night. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to seeing the Stones again, and I know I will have a great time, but (and there is always a but) I no longer have high expectations.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 05:12 by frenki09.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: February 11, 2014 07:46

rockerparis

This photo makes me think of what Groucho Marx said to Ronnie when they met. GROUCHO: "That's the most ridiculous haircut I've ever seen. Are you a man or a chicken?"

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: February 11, 2014 07:55

complete band doing SILVER TRAIN as they want it to be. A howling harmonica by Mick, like the train is really there,

How cool is that? I am really asking... HOW COOL IS THAT!!?

Of course saddly (it hurts my heart that) I will be in the cheapest, furtherest away seats there are (seeing it through youtube) but I am pretty darn excited about maybe seeing/hearing Silver Train played live by my favorite band in 2014.

and I did not know her name

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-11 07:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 11, 2014 08:17

<<Believe it or not, there are people who would have prefered Mick solo to The Stones.>>

Joe Satriani fans. winking smiley

Date: February 11, 2014 08:52

There are even people on this board hoping Mick will quit the Stones to focus on his solo career smiling smiley

About GS, my guess is that it is out of the setlist because Keith had trouble playing the intro on the last tour.

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:14

superbe! silver train, a true gem, with taylor in, could not hope for more ... they still surprise me, what a band! spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
ciao
m.

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: February 11, 2014 09:19

Gimmie Shelter rehearsed on Monday.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1213141516171819202122...LastNext
Current Page: 17 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home