Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 18
Re: OT: RIP Lou Reed
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2013 08:45

hbwriter
well, he was cranky as ever this day - never an easy guy to talk to as i learned once or twice- that said, if you didn't force anything or even try too much- lou would, on his own time and inclinations, offer stuff. this day, i remember as he looked at a transformer cover he said, "why did i let them make me look that way? that's not me. that wasn't me. that was their idea of me." who, lou? "you know. record people. david. whoever was around"

i meet and interview/photo lots of musicians - no other presence like this guy - minimalist - but that was him - the real deal - i've seen true fans gush to his face- he might just stare at them- silent- forever- the people would wait wait - then just sort of wander away. then other times, if the mood struck him - he might offer "you know andy never did want us to do that record" or something - some bit of detail to the delight of a fan.

Great story.

I remember reading a story about a brazilian journalist who tried to interview Lou when he was here in Brazil for a concert. At first, it was all doing well, but after a question (I don't remember about what it was), the interview became more and more difficult, as Lou was so evasive. At the end, there was no interview at all. The journalist had an album he wanted Lou to sign but he gave up, because he feel Lou was not keen for anything.

Hours later, the same journalist met Lou again at the hotel and asked him to sign the album, and Lou was a totally different person. He talked to the guy like nothing had happened, and signed the album with a great smile on his face.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: October 28, 2013 08:55

A favorite of mine since High School...just without words. I will miss the excitment of the challange that a new Reed CD always brought.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 28, 2013 09:22

kahoosier
I will miss the excitment of the challange that a new Reed CD always brought.
That was exactly what my dad said today. He said "whats most upsetting I'll never have that amazing feeling of a new Lou Reed record. No matter how long he was out of the game, one constant in the world is that eventually there will be a new Lou Reed CD." This is a coming from a guy who saw Lou BEFORE his first solo album came out and he was playing college auditoriums. Both of us are just shocked beyond belief.

After a full day of reflecting, a thought that crossed my mind is I wonder if David Bowie would do a tribute concert or something. He just loved him so much and I figure of all people David could put together a really cool thing. Or this would possibly be something to get David to play a show of his own. Sad thought, but maybe this got him thinking about his own mortality.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:15

sad day yesterday. one of the greatest. i'll miss him, I am 47 and I was surprised by my adolescencial reaction about lou reed's death. sad day..

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:27

sad. Rest in peace, Lou....

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:45

Yeah... Great loss. Unique fellah...

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: October 28, 2013 10:53

Here Come The Bells....

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: October 28, 2013 11:06

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: October 28, 2013 11:09

I've never been into his music. Just not my cup of tea. But regarding of the surprisingly massive media coverage of his passing, he must have been a tremendous important artist everybody was a fan of, although most people didn't know anything besides TAWOTWS and that he was in Velvet Underground.

So what...

R.I.P. Mr. Reed.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 28, 2013 11:18

parislocksmith

Well that's an touching interview made of a 22 years old beginner in the game....makes me miss Reed even more...

sad smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: October 28, 2013 12:04

You've gone too early ... Rest in Peace, Lou ...

And see you on the wild side ...

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 28, 2013 12:16

Date: October 28, 2013 12:27

Andres Lokko int. Lou Reed

In Swedish, interview

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 28, 2013 13:24

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 28, 2013 14:30

Yes, very sad news! (All I am able to say.)

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 28, 2013 14:38

Satellite's gone up to the skies

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: October 28, 2013 14:41

I remember meeting him in a record shop with a friend in the village..my friend asked him if he had a minute...Reed says "I've got two and yours are up"...we just laughed and laughed.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: October 28, 2013 14:56

I'm speechless. Saw him early 70's on first Euro gigs. One of my RocknRoll heros.

Date: October 28, 2013 15:35

crholmstrom
...First time I saw him was a poetry reading in Central Park. I got to meet him later & he was very nice to me...

I have the EXACT same story. Oscar Hijuelos "opened" for him, reading from The Mambo Kings Play Songs Of Love. Must've been Summer of '91. Met him in his trailer with his wife. Craziness! Were we at the same place/same time, crholmstrom?

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 28, 2013 15:38

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 28, 2013 16:03

"The world has lost a fine songwriter and poet .... I’ve lost my ‘school-yard buddy'"

- john cale

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 28, 2013 16:22

parislocksmith

Can someone give us non Swedes a brief run down on what the interviewer is saying in his little solo spots?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 28, 2013 17:21

Sad news! But:

"Don´t believe half of what you see, none of what you hear!"

NEW YORK is one of my all time favourite albums.
I´m glad to have seen him two times live.

Thanks, Lou!

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 28, 2013 17:21

His Majesty
parislocksmith

Can someone give us non Swedes a brief run down on what the interviewer is saying in his little solo spots?

"I was scared and nervous, cause I didnt know anything about Lou Reed."

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 28, 2013 17:26

i think lou demanded, of interviewers anyway, that you just know your shit

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: October 28, 2013 17:31

I was reading another forum and one of the commenters said there was a poster in the '70s shown on this page.

[dontforgetthesongs365.wordpress.com]

It's the Lou Reed Wanted Dead or Alive poster. Publicity or who put it out I wonder?? It's on that webpage.

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: October 28, 2013 17:41

Oh dear, Lou I feel bad, thanks for all the grat music man may God bless you and your family.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 28, 2013 18:13

seitan

"I was scared and nervous, cause I didnt know anything about Lou Reed."

Thanks thumbs up

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 28, 2013 18:28

BroomWagon
I was reading another forum and one of the commenters said there was a poster in the '70s shown on this page.

[dontforgetthesongs365.wordpress.com]

It's the Lou Reed Wanted Dead or Alive poster. Publicity or who put it out I wonder?? It's on that webpage.

It was a joke in Creem magazine. I'm pretty sure it appeared with a Lester Bangs article. The two of them had a famous "feud." (See the American Masters documentary that I posted earlier. )

Date: October 28, 2013 18:51

The most influential American band ever. Second most influential band ever. A true genius, one of those who never die. Timeless like no other.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1948
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home