Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...204205206207208209210211212213214...LastNext
Current Page: 209 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:50

What if Mick posted in this thread and said CE is a 1/10 album?

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:50

Redhotcarpet
Does it bother anyone that Keith is very critical and basically bashing other artists and genres?

yes, there was a whole thread about it!

Date: October 19, 2015 19:52

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 19, 2015 19:52

Yeah you're right! But then why bother if a fan is critical of Keiths solo album?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 19, 2015 19:56

I'm hoping that some day there will be a Super Deluxe release of Crosseyed Heart with various demo's, outtakes, extended versions, etc.
I've thoroughly enjoyed the journey thus far of fully absorbing the album and discussing various nuances (positive and negative), etc.,
but as of last week have come to the point that I don't listen to it every day. Now it's just every other day... smiling smiley

I can only magine what the thread will look like when the Super Deluxe is released!

Date: October 19, 2015 19:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 19, 2015 19:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:00

People who are upset now at all the love for the new Keith album, forget how many negative comments there have been on IORR about Keith...for LIFE, for his performance with Elvis Costello, for his comments in the press about Mick and other artists...on and on and on. One only needs to go back and do a search and you'll have no end of criticism from which to pick.

Keith has an album out now, Mick does not, nor Ronnie or Charlie, for that matter. People post at various times and have differing opinions. There are a few posters who are more active right now and yes, they love the album. It doesn't mean that the whole board has become simply a cheerleading squad for Keith.

LongBeach agreed that it wasn't cool to keep repeating negative posts. I wasn't bothered by it, but some were and let him know that. He could have decided to keep posting on IORR and shared his opinion in any number of other threads. He choose not to and that was HIS decision. To suggest that it is someone else's fault is a bit peevish. People do push back if your opinion goes against the grain, so you have to be prepared for that. There's no conspiracy of group think monitors to shut down anyone who doesn't hold the same opinion. But there does seem to be a fair amount of sulking sometimes. Fair enough, we've all been guilty of that...so take a break and come back when you feel up to it. smiling smiley

Posted by: CloudCat ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:01

Redhotcarpet
Does it bother anyone that Keith is very critical and basically bashing other artists and genres?

nope

why would it or why should it

he says what he says and that's what he says he says

Date: October 19, 2015 20:03

So do I

Date: October 19, 2015 20:04

Redhotcarpet
So do I

Me too. smiling smiley

Date: October 19, 2015 20:04

Redhotcarpet
What if Mick posted in this thread and said CE is a 1/10 album?

which mick i wonder is being supposed here?

and what if they did?

we could all say hello!

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:06

In my opinion repetitious negativity of the nonthoughtful "that just sucks" type should be kept to a minimum;
repetitious joy of the "I love this" variety bears more repeating, simply because joy is a rarer thing in this world than negativity.
I do think someone's pleasure in a piece of music can be dented by negative remarks from other people,
which is why I hardly ever post in threads about tracks I don't like.

I don't think you should give with sssoul a rap for anything, though.

Much appreciated, Dande dear! I don't feel like a target of the "anti-Keithette" comments,
especially since I haven't posted my opinion of the album (don't feel like it in the prevailing atmosphere - I wonder why :E);
I haven't done any Mick-bashing; and I got LBA72 back to post about a book I'd recommended, so I'm squeaky clean. Isn't it strange

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-19 20:18 by with sssoul.

Date: October 19, 2015 20:06

latebloomer
Redhotcarpet
So do I

Me too. smiling smiley

ha!

same here!

winking smiley

Date: October 19, 2015 20:07

I had a re-listen and no I dont like his vocals on this album. And the production sounds to slick. Trouble is ok.

Date: October 19, 2015 20:08

with sssoul
In my opinion repetitious negativity of the nonthoughtful "that just sucks" type
should be kept to a minimum;
repetitious joy of the "I love this" variety bears more repeating, simply because joy is a better thing than negativity.
I do think someone's pleasure in a piece of music can be dented by negative remarks from other people's,

Much appreciated, Dande dear! I don't feel like a target of the "anti-Keithette" comments,
especially since I haven't posted my opinion of the album (don't feel like it in the prevailing atmosphere - I wonder why :E);
I haven't done any Mick-bashing; and I got LBA72 back to post about a book I'd recommended, so I'm squeaky clean. Isn't it strange

thumbs up

Date: October 19, 2015 20:10

CloudCat
Redhotcarpet

nope

Doesn't bother me at all, and he criticizes some of my favorites - Beatles, Zep, etc.
I actually find it somewhat humorous at times (sometimes wondering if he's a bit off his rocker?), but the man has a right to give his opinion.
And you don't see him repeating the same bashing in every interview over and over and over again- he states his thought, gives his reason, makes his point, and moves on.

Date: October 19, 2015 20:12

Date: October 19, 2015 20:14

Hairball
CloudCat
Redhotcarpet

nope

Doesn't bother me at all, and he criticizes some of my favorites - Beatles, Zep, etc.
I actually find it somewhat humorous at times (sometimes wondering if he's a bit off his rocker?), but the man has a right to give his opinion.
And you don't see him repeating the same bashing in every interview over and over and over again- he states his thought, gives his reason, makes his point, and moves on.

I have to admit that I cringe sometimes when I read his criticisms and think...oh Keith, you could be a little more diplomatic here. But, I have to admire his attitude, he really could care less what other people think, just says it the way he feels it.

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:15

Doxa
It is actually on the behalf of some other posters - and positions - I did my 'intervention' here. Probably most of them who are not willing to particiate here any longer, since the consensus here doesn't really inspire to write anything controversial (who wants to spoil the party?).

- Doxa

+1. Exactly why I haven't posted my thoughts on the album yet (along with holding out hope that time will make more than 2 or 3 tracks blossom for me ... hasn't happened in 6 weeks, so I'm losing faith).

Drew

Date: October 19, 2015 20:15

DandelionPowderman
with sssoul
In my opinion repetitious negativity of the nonthoughtful "that just sucks" type should be kept to a minimum;
repetitious joy of the "I love this" variety bears more repeating, simply because joy is a rarer thing in this world than negativity.
I do think someone's pleasure in a piece of music can be dented by negative remarks from other people's,

F I N A L L Y S O M E O N E S A Y S I T:

Joy is something postive indeed. Why should one's joy be questioned thumbs up

Joy to the World thumbs up

Date: October 19, 2015 20:21

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 19, 2015 20:28

with sssoul
Doxa
Anyway, it is sweet to see the individual people here taking so easily the voice of the collective here,
speaking by the behalf of that famous "we". I was just talking about funny generalations,
and shooting from the hip, but seemingly I catched something. So if anything good comes out of my few critical, party-spoiler remarks,
it is that of the identity and social attraction of "we" coming much stronger. At least there is one clear opponent or target for "we" now.

... Huh? I have tried and failed to understand what you're trying to say.

As for the "we" you bolded in my post: Yes, I am entitled to say Keithbabes have not been indulging
in any ganging up on anyone who has criticized Crosseyed Heart. Since I'm a Keithbabe myself,
the use of "we" was 100% appropriate, and it's plain kooky to point fingers at it
as if it were guilty of some imaginary meaning (or meaninglessness).

Now how about seeing if you don't feel better with some sunlight on your glands and some roughage in your diet

i, too, am finding the winding posts incomprehensible.
first not meant to be a sexist term, then yes using the term to be offensive to all the macho males with the use of a degrading feminized suffix.

the arguments for the position seem all topsy-turvy and bass ackward

come to your senses, man!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:31

DandelionPowderman

Oh, so nothing of this is about me! Cool! I will refrain from commenting on this, then.

PS: In case you have forgotten, you and I had a nice discussion about the album even before it came out.

Well, we could define ourselves by negative terms: you are an anti-Taylorite in the sense I am an anti-Keithette. And neither position is directed towards Taylor or Richards per se; we both respect both musicians but don't find ourselves in home with those categories seeing the greatness of the Stones being based mostly on a certain era or a member (and like it usually goes: a good Taylorite despises Ron Wood or a good Keithette Mick Jagger, etc.) You seem to have more trouble with Taylorites and I have with Keithettes... But then again, I might have more Taylorite blood in my veins and you Keithette blood so me might confront ourselves occasionally in the battle field... Or something... In the end, this play with lables is just all fun... NOT should be taken seriously..grinning smiley

I don't have anything against with sssoul - she's a wonderful contributor here, and I am all admiration and respect for her (if memory serves, when this thread was young, she got her share of the over-blowing Keithette sentiments for saying something - wrongly interpreted - against the wind. I commented that, but I think she misinterpeted me, but you gave a right interpretation, thank you. I forgot to comment it back then, sorry).

- Doxa

P.S. I do recall that conversation, and I haven't changed my opinion much since then. Just added some critical onbservations after some reflection. I actually appreciate the album so much that I think it deserves a thorough-going critical discussion.

Date: October 19, 2015 20:34

Doxa
keefriffhards

Now i'm even more confused, this place is weird at times, who is Doxa, why would she tell Jane anything, she don't like Keiths album lol

I don't know what Jane thinks about the album, but as far as that Doxa goes - as far as I recall, that she-male hasn't stated not liking the album...

- Doxa

oh lord! did someone hijack your user name?

Date: October 19, 2015 20:35

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:37

Doxa
(if memory serves, when this thread was young, she got her share of the over-blowing Keithette sentiments
for saying something - wrongly interpreted - against the wind. I commented that, but I think she misinterpeted me,
but you gave a right interpretation, thank you. I forgot to comment it back then, sorry).

I think that was in the recent Mick Guest Appearance thread. I did indeed not understand your comment at first,
but it was clarified by several people including yourself. Thanks for the encouraging words.

Date: October 19, 2015 20:43

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:55

latebloomer
People who are upset now at all the love for the new Keith album, forget how many negative comments there have been on IORR about Keith...for LIFE, for his performance with Elvis Costello, for his comments in the press about Mick and other artists...on and on and on. One only needs to go back and do a search and you'll have no end of criticism from which to pick.

Keith has an album out now, Mick does not, nor Ronnie or Charlie, for that matter. People post at various times and have differing opinions. There are a few posters who are more active right now and yes, they love the album. It doesn't mean that the whole board has become simply a cheerleading squad for Keith.

LongBeach agreed that it wasn't cool to keep repeating negative posts. I wasn't bothered by it, but some were and let him know that. He could have decided to keep posting on IORR and shared his opinion in any number of other threads. He choose not to and that was HIS decision. To suggest that it is someone else's fault is a bit peevish. People do push back if your opinion goes against the grain, so you have to be prepared for that. There's no conspiracy of group think monitors to shut down anyone who doesn't hold the same opinion. But there does seem to be a fair amount of sulking sometimes. Fair enough, we've all been guilty of that...so take a break and come back when you feel up to it. smiling smiley

This post is the nearest thing to perfection i have seen on iorr. Sums it all up perfectly, thanks Latebloomer smiling smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 19, 2015 20:57

Hairball
My main negative and critical reaction towards the album continues to be that it isn't long enough.

Agreed, there should have been 25 songs on 2 CDs: Crosseyed Illusion I and Crosseyed Illusion II.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...204205206207208209210211212213214...LastNext
Current Page: 209 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1894
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home