Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...201202203204205206207208209210211...LastNext
Current Page: 206 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: October 17, 2015 20:52

Do any of you long term IORR'ians know if this is the most pages on here for a Stone on a given topic ??
Also is it possible to find all the get well wishes for Keith when he fell from the tree. That was so emotional at the time, it was touch and go for a while

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-17 20:52 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 17, 2015 20:56

I don't recall but SuperTurd was up to quite a few pages...

I can't recall any other Stones topics, solo or band wise, having as many pages.

Date: October 17, 2015 20:56

GasLightStreet

I can't recall any other Stones topics, solo or band wise, having as many pages.

LOLFL

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: October 17, 2015 22:26

keefriffhards
Do any of you long term IORR'ians know if this is the most pages on here for a Stone on a given topic ??
Also is it possible to find all the get well wishes for Keith when he fell from the tree. That was so emotional at the time, it was touch and go for a while

Might as well keep it going until his birthday, December 18. drinking smileydrinking smiley

Goodnight Irene
Posted by: pftw04 ()
Date: October 17, 2015 16:52

Was it recorded by Keith during 70s? Atually his voice sounds more or like 1970s, more like sing me back home

Re: Goodnight Irene
Date: October 17, 2015 21:00

pftw04
Was it recorded by Keith during 70s? Atually his voice sounds more or like 1970s, more like sing me back home

No it was recorded about 2012, 2013 . That's a calculated guess, but i know what you mean, he sounds young.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 17, 2015 23:04

About 230k copies sold (3 weeks)

[www.musicharts.net]

Date: October 17, 2015 23:08

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 14:59 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: October 17, 2015 23:59

KRiffhard
About 230k copies sold (3 weeks)

[www.musicharts.net]

How does this compare to other band members solo efforts?

Posted by: JimmyTheSaint ()
Date: October 18, 2015 00:24

Keith really hit it out of the park with this one.

I just love the sound of this record. Have been playing it non-stop for the past couple weeks.

It's damn near perfect,if you ask me.

The only blemish could be Keith reliance on cliches to fill out his lyrics. It doesn't bother me the least bit.

Date: October 18, 2015 02:29

DandelionPowderman
Riffhards: The "what are you listening to..."-thread must be it.

Sorry but i meant the most pages on a 'Stone' meaning Mick or Keith topic, albums etc , not the longest thread about anything. Thank's anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-18 02:33 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: October 18, 2015 03:46

The "stash" in Robbed Blind is probably a metaphor for something of value such as the affections of the platonic woman to whom Keith's friend wrote a song

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-18 03:49 by chatoyancy.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 18, 2015 16:23

keefriffhards
GasLightStreet

LOLFL

That thing popped up this morning. 61 pages? I thought it was way more than that. 61 pages of garbage though. As it was pointed out by Rocky, no one went to see Damian Marley.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 18, 2015 17:08

kammpberg
I'm 52, have almost 300 Rolling Stones albums and singles and been a dye hard Stones fanatic since 1973. I don't expect Mick to sound exactly like he was in 1972. Of course his voice will change. But the way he sings he has control over. It's not so much his "phony" affectations (he did it on Dear Doctor, Far Away Eyes) - he's done that for a long time - for certain songs it works great. It's his recent effort (most notably on A Bigger Bang, Alfie and especially SuperHeavy) where he uses vocal inflections, trying to "Sing" - you know like trying to pull a Mariah Carey in spots. Maybe hard to explain, but it is squirm inducing. I play every stones related release to death, but Mick killed SuperHeavy and it's actually got good songs on it. He makes it unlistenable. Alfie also get's ruined. Old Habits Die Hard is an AWESOME song with a shitty vocal. And yes the mix is important. His vocals are now way to prominent and high. Should be back low in the mix. My favorites are SF, EOMS and GHS - I like that kind of mix - and it has nothing to do with Mick's age.

I sit and listen to Alfie right now and must admit that I enjoy like crazy just because Mick sings so fantastic, a perfect mixing of his voice, ' Angie '-class on it all .... we hear different stuff simply ... what you describe I can feel for how Paul Mc Cartney sounds these days ... a bit too high tones .. he sounds really poor sometimes ...

Anyway, I'm gonna grab that Superheavy album tomorrow already..smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 18, 2015 17:19

Mick sounds thin and whiny on the Alfie-soundtrack, especially the stripped-down version of "Blind Leading The Blind" ist hard to bear.

Really strange, on stage he still delivers quite good vocal performances of the standard warhorses, but when it comes to singing new songs in a record studio, he sounds completely awful most of the time. He sounds thin, hollow, weak & metallic-cold.

Date: October 18, 2015 17:23

HMS
Mick sounds thin and whiny on the Alfie-soundtrack, especially the stripped-down version of "Blind Leading The Blind" ist hard to bear.

Really strange, on stage he still delivers quite good vocal performances of the standard warhorses, but when it comes to singing new songs in a record studio, he sounds completely awful most of the time. He sounds thin, hollow, weak & metallic-cold.

Hmmm...isn't your favorite-Stones-album 'Dirty Work'? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
There are a handful of songs on that one that I.....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: HMS ()
Date: October 18, 2015 17:32

DW is my 6th-favorite-Stones-album.
No way one could compare Micks voice on DW with his voice on the Alfie-soundtrack. On DW he sounds strong, powerful and vital, on Alfie he sounds very weak. Dont know which songs you mean.confused smiley

Date: October 18, 2015 18:01

HMS
No way one could compare Micks voice on DW with his voice on the Alfie-soundtrack. On DW he sounds strong, powerful and vital, on Alfie he sounds very weak. Dont know which songs you mean.confused smiley

smiling smiley I don't compare them but is the quality and the mixing of Micks voice that good on DW...anyway, DW is Keiths and Ronnies guitaralbum...they're doin fine there...thumbs up

2 1 2 0

Date: October 18, 2015 20:06

Off this subject but acrually back on it, just read the social media reaction to this album. they @#$%& love it.smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-18 20:08 by keefriffhards.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: October 18, 2015 20:08

OpenG
CH is a great record - my only negative is all the songs did not come from the CH sessions with two from ABB sessions...

i can't, for the life of me, think of a reason that is a negative.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2015 20:13

LeonidP
OpenG
CH is a great record - my only negative is all the songs did not come from the CH sessions with two from ABB sessions...

Yes, if one were to base their opinion on that criteria, then a majority of Tattoo You would be considered a 'negative'.

As has been stated already, the 'older' songs from CH were probably in their embryonic state - incomplete and unfinished.

Date: October 18, 2015 20:19

Hairball
LeonidP
OpenG

Yes, if one were to base their opinion on that criteria, then a majority of Tattoo You would be considered a 'negative'.

As has been stated already, the 'older' songs from CH were probably in their embryonic state - incomplete and unfinished.

Yes, but either way, a song's a song. If it was from the 70s, and I didn't hear it until now, and it was great, why would I (or anyone) care?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 18, 2015 20:33

LeonidP
Hairball
LeonidP
OpenG

Yes, but either way, a song's a song. If it was from the 70s, and I didn't hear it until now, and it was great, why would I (or anyone) care?

I was actually agreeing with you - was just giving an analogy and explanation of the CH tunes in question.
I also agree with the above part as well.

____________________________________________________________________________________

edit: A never-before-released song recorded in 1964 by Elvis Presley was finally released in 2003.

The song, "I'm a Roustabout," originally was written and recorded for the 1964 Presley film "Roustabout,"
co-starring Barbara Stanwyck, but the song was rejected by producers and never used

Article from 2003: Elvis- I'm a Roustabout

A great song!

video: Elvis - I'm a Roustabout

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-18 20:43 by Hairball.

Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: October 18, 2015 23:18

Dirty work is Stones worst album ever

Date: October 19, 2015 00:36

Hairball
LeonidP
Hairball
LeonidP
OpenG

I was actually agreeing with you ...

I had realized that. I was just clarifying further.

Date: October 19, 2015 00:37

harlem shuffle

Okay but there is a thread for that.

Date: October 19, 2015 03:12

HMS

Remember when you hear him on stage his voice is woven with Bernard and Lisa's excellent vocals. Bernard follows Mick's voice like no body in the world can. Mick is hard to follow but Bernard Nails it night after night, He is so underrated, Mick would sound empty without Bernard and Lisa imho

Date: October 19, 2015 09:09

harlem shuffle

At least I Think 'Come On' is a OK A-side...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 19, 2015 12:02

DandelionPowderman
The Mick bashing is totally unnecessary, but why on earth shouldn't the fans be allowed to celebrate Keith's album - the first new Stones related release in eons - here in a thread dedicated to that very release?

I'm sure both Jane Rose AND Mick are happy, btw.

Cheers to an excellent album, and may we keep on celebrating it for as long as we enjoy it smileys with beer

"Celebrate"? "We"? So the point of discussing a new Keith Richards album is to celebrate it? And those who don't hail it as a EXILE-like masterpiece - there starts to be a consensus about that among certain suspects here - should stay away and not spoil the party? Like what that LongBeachArena guy did? Usually this kind of mass psychological phenomenon, which externalize differing opinions, is usually is a bit scary.

Besides, there is a a typical double standard among Rolling Stones discussions. If there is a Mick Taylor thread, it is perfectly alright that about half of the posts are critical - if nothing else but making fun of "Taylorites". Or think about that Jagger/Taylor S. thread... But when it is a Keith Richards thread, any differing - critical - opinion is destroying all the fun of the majority, and should be rejected, banned or whatever. There is nothing wrong with liking, if even adoring Keef Richards, but the amount of fanaticism - with the power and justification by this new album - directed most clearly against that horrible Jagger (the reason for all bad things) makes at least myself feel a bit uncomfortable as a Rolling Stones fan. "Keithettes" in this sense seem to have a lot thinner skin than "Taylorites" (and since there are so many more of them they have more power to dictate the opinions) or even Jagger fans (a bit like their idol?grinning smiley). That's why I made the Jane Rose remark in my sarcast pos tabove - she has done her living for making that distinction within the masses of Rolling Stones fans (naturally, serving the best interests of her client). But not all of us do think that Keith Richards is The Rolling Stones.

Anyway, I have probably discussed enough of CROSSEYED HEART in this thread (some 150 pages ago or so), so I don't really feel adding anything, especially taking the supposedly achieved 'consensus' here. But in principle, I don't like the idea that critical, differing opinions are not accepted or even allowed. Or if one does not hail something, one should not say anything. That gives a bit biased picture of the whole thing, and leads to a rather one-sided account of reality, when the 'truth' is dictated by a community of 'yes-men', that is "we".

But yeah, go on with your celebration, folks... "Best Stones Ever". etc. etc.

- Doxa, not one of "we"

Date: October 19, 2015 12:07

Come On
HMS

smiling smiley I don't compare them but is the quality and the mixing of Micks voice that good on DW...anyway, DW is Keiths and Ronnies guitaralbum...they're doin fine there...thumbs up

Oh come on come on lol that's 3 of us that like dirty work yerrrr harrr anyone else out there going to admit they like it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-19 12:13 by keefriffhards.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...201202203204205206207208209210211...LastNext
Current Page: 206 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2791
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home