Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 30, 2015 18:40

Nothing On Me (and Illusion) sounds like it could've come from TALK IS CHEAP in a vibe way. Unfortunately it starts out like Keys To Your Love. That's the only issue I've had with anything on this LP.

Something For Nothing sounds like something he had lined up for VOODOO LOUNGE.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 30, 2015 19:54

GasLightStreet
Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
Green Lady
They could start with decent audio for Trouble on YouTube. I'd pick Heartstopper for a second single if there is one.

Good choice. Nothing On Me or Love Overdue could have been contenders, imo.

Unfortunately Nothing On Me is the one track that I've not yet learned to love.

Even with Aaron Neville singing on it!!??

I don't hate it or anything - and yes, all the performances are lovely - but as a song I still find it boringly repetitive. A week ago I wasn't' that fond of Something for Nothing and that one has worked its way in, so I expect I'll get there eventually. Needs some more listening.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 19:56 by Green Lady.

Date: September 30, 2015 19:58

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 19:01 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 30, 2015 20:10

Green Lady
They could start with decent audio for Trouble on YouTube. I'd pick Heartstopper for a second single if there is one.

Yeah that crap audio track on an official YouTube video is a bit troubling. Funny they had the official video up for a while with good audio and took it down and replaced it with that garbage.

I think it's just their way of ensuring people don't rip the tune and buy the record if they want it. The entire record is up on YouTube actually but it seems the audio is slightly compromised and distorted on some tunes.

Only a couple thousand views on some of the tunes but over 500K on Trouble which has a lead of 2 months.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 20:12 by Naturalust.

Posted by: Harlem Shuffler ()
Date: September 30, 2015 20:34

Anyone here who doesn't have a high opinion of Keith's previous albums but is impressed with this new one?
I've resisted the temptation to buy it so far...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 30, 2015 20:58

Harlem Shuffler
Anyone here who doesn't have a high opinion of Keith's previous albums but is impressed with this new one?
This is his best by far !!!Great songs,production wise its great. His Voice, emotional and soft, strong sometimes.
Its one of he best albums of the decade.

talk is cheap and main offender are nothing, compared to Crosseyed heart. many variations, blues, reggae,rock,ballads. . My God, i hope the new Stones album will be as as great as Keef's one.

Suspicious,Illusion,Heartstopper,Blues,every song is great. And, believe me, i am very cautious is listening and dont think everything by the Stones, or solo efforts are good. But.... Crosseyed Heart is a MUST HAVE.

Jeroen

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 20:59 by corriecas.

Posted by: longlongwinter ()
Date: September 30, 2015 22:08

There are bits here and there of greatness on the new album but it can be a frustrating listen sometimes for me at least. My ear wants it to go this way and then Keith goes that way...love the start of the chorus on Heartbreaker when he sings'and when she holds me..'.
Keith croons more now, probably because its easier but when makes the effort to really sing its beautiful...notice last two lines on Nothing on Me....he does that classic singing Keith voice

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 30, 2015 22:36

During one of many recent interviews Keef said that in CH there is one song from ABB sessions. I don't remember if he said it was 'Illusion' or another song...do you remember?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 30, 2015 22:38

KRiffhard
During one of many recent interviews Keef said that in CH there is one song from ABB sessions. I don't remember if he said it was 'Illusion' or another song...do you remember?

Thats Right, illusion.
jeroen

Date: September 30, 2015 22:43

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 19:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: September 30, 2015 23:11

DandelionPowderman
corriecas
KRiffhard

Thats Right, illusion.
jeroen

With Pino Palladino and Babi Floyd in the lineup it might be even older.

'Illusion' and 'Nothing on me' are from ABB sessions:[m.bismarcktribune.com]

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: September 30, 2015 23:19

I've given CH a couple listens now, and overall I'm inclined to give it a B. Just my opinion. I find it to have too many slow songs (again - just my personal taste). I like the rockers on it, and it has its very good and exciting moments - but it drags in spots. And some of the rhymes are 'clunky.' That all said - it's a solid effort, and great to hear it (and I especially love hearing Bobby Keys again- as I'm sure everyone here will agree!). I'm sure much of it will grow on me - and I was very happy to see it in the #1 spot for the moment at my local CD store here in the Boston area, Newbury Comics.

Date: September 30, 2015 23:22

[m.bismarcktribune.com]

A solo tour? "...i'm thinking about it now".
Go Keef!

Date: September 30, 2015 23:35

KRiffhard
[m.bismarcktribune.com]

Go Keef!

Don't forget the important qualifier "sometime next year". That is the first confirmation we have that there will be no shows this year. And of course by then the possibilities are less and less because of how much additional work would be necessary for Keith to pull it off. By next year (after The Stones are done) the record will be in the past enough that touring to support it will be less likely. Especially if he want's to make a Stones record.

I think this is basically the bad news we've all been expecting, no Keith shows, he missed the window, sorry guys.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 30, 2015 23:52

Don't be such a Debbie Downer Natuarlist!!! smiling smiley

THERE'S STILL HOPE!!!!!!!

"the record will be in the past enough that touring to support it will be less likely"

GRRRRRR.....BAH HUMBUG! angry smiley

"I think this is basically the bad news we've all been expecting, no Keith shows"

Say what? Speak for yourself!

I'm pretty sure we'll see him play live one way or another, perhaps a few shows here and there, but then again I like to think the glass is half full.

Positive vibrations towards Keith!

smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-30 23:54 by Hairball.

Date: September 30, 2015 23:54

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-10 19:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: October 1, 2015 00:02

KRiffhard
[m.bismarcktribune.com]

Go Keef!

Very nice interview - Keith is pleasantly surprised by the overall success, but he indeed knows it's successful!

"It's been a bit mind-blowing, actually. It also gives me a little bit of leverage with the other guys" thumbs up

Date: October 1, 2015 00:04

DandelionPowderman
KRiffhard
DandelionPowderman
corriecas
KRiffhard

Thats Right, illusion.
jeroen

With Pino Palladino and Babi Floyd in the lineup it might be even older.

'Illusion' and 'Nothing on me' are from ABB sessions:[m.bismarcktribune.com]

"Had already laid down" might mean even earlier.

But "at the same time" insinuates the same time as Nothing on Me. But with Keith's memory, it certainly could mean just about anything. Perhaps this site has some details about the tunes:

[www.nzentgraf.de]

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: October 1, 2015 00:42

dupe post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-01 00:43 by DeanGoodman.

Date: October 1, 2015 00:43

Harlem Shuffler

OK, but not essential. Keep resisting until holiday-related discounting on Amazon marks it down to its fair price. Or keep tabs on the Best Buy version, since that final track is a bit of a laugh.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 1, 2015 00:51

There are really a ton of little nuances that stand out, depending on your state of sobriety, headphones, speakers, etc. Hearing Keith's raspy voice say "Nowhere!" in the left and then the right ear bud and the tasty little guitar licks in "Amnesia" are just an example. Keith says he tokes all day so I guess it helps to get in the same state.

I find myself singing these songs now and will be playing some of them on guitar eventually. For me, this is a real treat.

Edit to add: When I listen to these tracks, I envision Keith from about '81-'89 in my mind's eye.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-10-01 00:52 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: October 1, 2015 01:02

Naturalust
KRiffhard
[m.bismarcktribune.com]

Go Keef!

Don't forget the important qualifier "sometime next year". That is the first confirmation we have that there will be no shows this year. And of course by then the possibilities are less and less because of how much additional work would be necessary for Keith to pull it off. By next year (after The Stones are done) the record will be in the past enough that touring to support it will be less likely. Especially if he want's to make a Stones record.

I think this is basically the bad news we've all been expecting, no Keith shows, he missed the window, sorry guys.

That's how I read it. Bummer.

Date: October 1, 2015 02:03

I Don't have anything to say I just want to bump the Keith sticky thread so that it appears before the Taylor swift sticky. Don't want people
New to the site getting the wrong idea.

Date: October 1, 2015 02:06

Cheer up!

All Keith and his band have to do is tune up a few instruments, and plot their plan of attack.
No worrying about stage design, Mick's wardrobe, choreography, and everything else the Stones have to deal with for a tour.
The man is ready to roll, Rock and Roll, and until he says NO himself there will always be HOPE!
Bare bones rock'n'roll, simple and pure!
Don't give up HOPE!

Date: October 1, 2015 02:17

Turner68
I Don't have anything to say I just want to bump the Keith sticky thread so that it appears before the Taylor swift sticky. Don't want people
New to the site getting the wrong idea.

grinning smiley

Still pondering what the next single might be, and as someone else mentioned earlier the possibility of Keith performing at the Grammy's with Norah Jones.
That would be so f*king cool!

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: October 1, 2015 02:46

Charts debuts so far:

Mediatraffic World Chart: 4 (93,000)

Austria: 1
Germany: 3
Netherlands: 4
Swiss: 4
Norway: 4
New Zealand: 5
Czech Republic: 6
Japan: 6-13 (8139 + 3189)
Argentina: 6
Italy: 7
Sweden: 7
France: 7 (5800)
Denmark: 8
Belgium (Walloon): 8
Belgium (Flemish): 10
Canada: 11
Spain: 12
Portugal: 14
Australia: 15
Ireland: 19
Finland: 29

England: 7 (11,302 - Sales/Streams)
Top Album Sales: 6
Physical Albums : 5
Vinyl Albums: 3
Digital Albums: 25

USA: 11 (34,000 - Sales/Streams)
Top Album Sales: 8 (32,849 Sales)
Top Current Albums: 8
Digital Albums: 11
Vinyl Albums: 9
Internet Albums: 2
Rock Albums: 4
Tastemakers: 2

Date: October 1, 2015 04:07

Hairball

Still pondering what the next single might be, and as someone else mentioned earlier the possibility of Keith performing at the Grammy's with Norah Jones.

With a bit of luck the Stones will be somewhere between Buenos Aires and Montevideo on Feb. 15.

Date: October 1, 2015 04:28

DeanGoodman
Hairball

With a bit of luck the Stones will be somewhere between Buenos Aires and Montevideo on Feb. 15.

They can perform remotely via satellite from Lima, Peru

Date: October 1, 2015 05:02

Currently re-digging into Trouble...the first full tune we were given, and the first that I became familiar with.

Keith has a way of telling great tales, and the riffage is vintage Keith.
The background vocals are reminiscent to the subtle b. vocals on You Don't Move Me which are superb in every way.

And then as I was driving along, listened to Robbed Blind and it dawned on me that if released as a single it could possibly do some serious damage to the Country charts.
But upon further contemplation realized today's popular Country is too pop/rock oriented and full of B.S.
Keith is more authentic Country that today's Country stars for crying out loud!

Date: October 1, 2015 08:17

Hairball
Currently re-digging into Trouble...the first full tune we were given, and the first that I became familiar with.

Keith has a way of telling great tales, and the riffage is vintage Keith.
The background vocals are reminiscent to the subtle b. vocals on You Don't Move Me which are superb in every way.

And then as I was driving along, listened to Robbed Blind and it dawned on me that if released as a single it could possibly do some serious damage to the Country charts.
But upon further contemplation realized today's popular Country is too pop/rock oriented and full of B.S.
Keith is more authentic Country that today's Country stars for crying out loud!

thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...175176177178179180181182183184185...LastNext
Current Page: 180 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1956
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home