Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...159160161162163164165166167168169...LastNext
Current Page: 164 of 257
Re: Keith Richards solo album 'Crosseyed Heart' - out September 18
Posted by: Turner68 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:31

DandelionPowderman
But nobody has said he was (or wanted to be) a «real authentic» blues or reggae musician. We just love his blues and reggae songs.

And my personal opinion is that even though the form of music he writes a song within is pure, it will always be Keith. Good musicians have their own sound. Keith is one of them.

i agree. listened to his album again today a couple times. it's a very distinctive sound. it's about the timing and rhythm IMO>

Posted by: 72hotrocks ()
Date: September 22, 2015 11:37

***I love this record.
I hereby retract any and all negative editorial comments regarding the record album called "Crosseyed Heart" by Keith Richards.
I love it.
I am going to have another,and listen again too.Please bear with me,I get so emotional.

Date: September 22, 2015 11:38

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:01 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 12:00

I have to say I am loving the album; at 15 tracks it is a tad long, however, I can't think of which tracks I'd drop, which can only be a god thing.

Heartstopper, Just a Gift, Robbed Blind, Trouble, Substantial Damage, the wonderfully charming Love Overdue, Crosseyed Heart, and the beautiful Lover's Plea - those 8 in particular I think are excellent. Something for Nothing, Blues in the Morning, Suspicious, Amnesia - also very good tracks.

The album just flows so well; it's joyous hearing a musician take you through the many different styles and genres that still give him the same thrills. Soul, reggae, acoustic and electric blues, country, and cool, spare rock'n'roll. I find it as joyous to listen to as Keith must have felt making it. There are some beautiful melodies, some wonderful playing, and it's an absolute grower. 7 or 8 tracks absolutely stood out on initial listens, but now quite a few days into it, I'm discovering the beauty of others.

Lyrically, some tracks are a tad rote ('Nothing on Me' for instance), and some are well crafted and terrific.

It's not the greatest album he's ever made, but it's a damn fine one, and as with the mark of any good collection of music, I'm already looking forward to hearing it again tonight. To paraphrase one of the many positive notices it is getting; this is soul music in it's purest form - music from the artists soul.

(PS It was a pleasure walking into HMV on Saturday, and with all of the other new releases, there in pride of place was a new work from a 71 year old musician; 52 years after the first Rolling Stones single. It's an inspiration)

Date: September 22, 2015 12:17

great write up. i agree it's a grower.

Posted by: keefriffhards ()
Date: September 22, 2015 13:01

look the point some people miss on here is that Keith is to music now, what Blues was to music prior to the Stones
The Stones are modern day authenticity to generations since the 60's
They laid it down the footprint with albums like Exile

I don't see that music generally has eclipsed or evolved beyond the standards set by many bands in the 60's and 70's, especially with rock music in particular
How do you want to measure Keith and the Stones as a creative musical output
Do you want to keep saying they copied the blues because they were influenced by it, so therefore never be considered authentic
They were just as influenced by Jerry Lee Lewis and little Richard (PIANO)
Do you want to go back to the invention of stringed instruments, i mean how far do you need to take something for it to be considered genuine or authentic
Its just getting to arty for me..

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: September 22, 2015 13:05

I had the opportunity to write a piece about CH for one of the best italian online review of music and cinema. Here it is:

[www.indie-eye.it]

of course it is in italian... and too long to dub it in english I am afraid smiling smiley at least yet

anyway i paid due acknowledgment to the beautiful people of the iorr realm smiling smiley

Date: September 22, 2015 13:11

maumau
I had the opportunity to write a piece about CH for one of the best italian online review of music and cinema. Here it is:

[www.indie-eye.it]

of course it is in italian... and too long to dub it in english I am afraid smiling smiley at least yet

anyway i paid due acknowledgment to the beautiful people of the iorr realm smiling smiley

wow that's really cool! i'd love to read it if you get a translation.

Date: September 22, 2015 13:34

Turner68
maumau

[www.indie-eye.it]

wow that's really cool! i'd love to read it if you get a translation.

I am afraid that if I want a translation I will have to do it myself.. smiling smiley

Date: September 22, 2015 13:36

Date: September 22, 2015 13:39

Posted by: gipsy12 ()
Date: September 22, 2015 13:43

Sorry, if it has been already posted - was glad to read this in my local Swiss newspaper
Lebenszeichen eines Totgesagten

Date: September 22, 2015 13:44

72hotrocks
***I love this record.
I hereby retract any and all negative editorial comments regarding the record album called "Crosseyed Heart" by Keith Richards.
I love it.
I am going to have another,and listen again too.Please bear with me,I get so emotional.

yayyy 72hotrocks smileys with beersmileys with beer

I admire yout honesty, not many people can change their minds about someyjing let alone admit it
Good for you man, i told you Keith gets under your skin with every play and slowly bewitches you lol >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 22, 2015 13:46

DandelionPowderman
Just heard the Lee Scratch Perry-dub of Love Overdue. Very cool! thumbs up

+1. (Scooby doo)

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 22, 2015 14:10

maumau

[www.indie-eye.it]

Great review Maurizio!
Bella davvero...altro che il 'copia incolla' banale e pieno di inesattezze di altre recensioni!
thumbs up

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 22, 2015 14:20

keefriffhards
72hotrocks
***I love this record.
I love it.

yayyy 72hotrocks smileys with beersmileys with beer

I admire yout honesty, not many people can change their minds about someyjing let alone admit it
Good for you man, i told you Keith gets under your skin with every play and slowly bewitches you lol >grinning smiley<

...maybe many people prefer She's the boss, Primitive Cool, Goddess or Superheavy! It's their problem!

Date: September 22, 2015 14:28

KRiffhard
maumau

[www.indie-eye.it]

Great review Maurizio!
Bella davvero...altro che il 'copia incolla' banale e pieno di inesattezze di altre recensioni!
thumbs up

Thank you KRiffhard! Keith e questo disco non si meritano l'odioso copia e incolla dei press kit così di moda tra i giornalai italiani winking smiley

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: September 22, 2015 14:45

DandelionPowderman
Just heard the Lee Scratch Perry-dub of Love Overdue. Very cool! thumbs up
where have u heard it? like to hear it, too!

Date: September 22, 2015 15:05

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-22 16:12 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: lbghising ()
Date: September 22, 2015 15:14

has anyone received signed copy? it was said that random preorders will receive signed copy. but haven't seen anyone posting signed pics so far. mine was not signed.

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: September 22, 2015 15:39

damn, now i changed my mind on Illusion as well, I love that one too... It's now official, I love the entire album!!

Well done, Keef!

Posted by: FoolToCry ()
Date: September 22, 2015 15:41

DandelionPowderman
My email isn't hidden.
u´ve got mail :-)

Date: September 22, 2015 16:05

I may understand why media analize the album as soon as possible. That´s the way it is. That is the way they work. Time pressure etc...

But in a stones fan forum....

We know how hard is to listen stones music. We must hear again and again and again for a long time until we taste the first fruits...

So I can't understand this entire thread. Every page of it. It is beyond me.

Date: September 22, 2015 16:13

Date: September 22, 2015 16:14

emotionalbarbecue
I may understand why media analize the album as soon as possible. That´s the way it is. That is the way they work. Time pressure etc...

We know how hard is to listen stones music. We must hear again and again and again for a long time until we taste the first fruits...

Its becoming clear that this album gets better the more you hear it, just as it should

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: September 22, 2015 16:21

Ahh mine's arrived
I'll be busy a while

Date: September 22, 2015 16:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-11-11 18:02 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 22, 2015 16:43

some of the superheavy tracks are brilliant,i love the cd and keith cd is good too.
ENERGY
ONE DAY ONE NIGHT
BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
ROCK ME GENTLY
I DON'T MIND
WORLD KEEPS TRUNING

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: September 22, 2015 16:50

DandelionPowderman
emotionalbarbecue

Opinions may change. The thought of the moment counts as well smiling smiley

Page 164 and still counting! Obviously we've been thirsting for new music, especially a strong record. I've thoroughly enjoyed this thread, thanks to all for the great opinions. smileys with beer

Date: September 22, 2015 17:01

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up

Enjoy soul thumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...159160161162163164165166167168169...LastNext
Current Page: 164 of 257

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1718
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50