Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12
Re: The World Doesn't Need Another Stones Album
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2013 06:46

nick
Max'sKansasCity
Whom can call themself a Stones fan, listen to this fun new
song and whine that they dont want more new Stones music? eye rolling smiley It simply makes me jones for more from the greatest band ever.

PS
FKG CRANK IT UP!!! AND DANCE AROUND!!!!

I am looking forward to a new album but if you did that same post referencing One More Shot (Take It So Hard Part 2) would you still be "jonesing" as much?

We all love the Stones differently. Some who have been to over 100 shows don't even have all of their studio albums and others who have all of them and never been to see them. Who's the better Stones fan???

I dont know, who? or is it whom?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 06:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: nick ()
Date: September 4, 2013 07:30

I don't think it could or should be answered. Personally I have just about all the pertinent CD's but only 15 concerts (11 in a stadium), I know there are people here that blow me away but I don't really own other music because I'm so into the Stones. It's hard to judge stuff like that.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: September 4, 2013 09:40

Max'sKansasCity

Who. At last a question about which I have specialized knowledge!

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: September 4, 2013 16:48

The world needs a new Stones album.Mick and Keef need to sit back down in that kitchen and write.Even let Mick T.and Ronnie in on credits.And we need Mick T.playing his beautiful melodies on the album too.Perfect.Plus a box set of dvds from recent gigs.

Posted by: ruchin ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:01

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-04 17:02 by ruchin.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:07

stargroover
The world needs a new Stones album.Mick and Keef need to sit back down in that kitchen and write.Even let Mick T.and Ronnie in on credits.And we need Mick T.playing his beautiful melodies on the album too.Perfect.Plus a box set of dvds from recent gigs.

yeah, I think breaking the Jagger/Richards writing arrangement would go a long way to healing wounds and getting a helluva lot of creativity going.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:47

yes another cd with 16 new tracks,rocking and bluesey,what is wrong with fans you just want to play the hits,hahaha.
STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE
NOT FADE AWAY

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:10

Aquamarine
Max'sKansasCity

Who. At last a question about which I have specialized knowledge!

grinning smiley smileys with beer

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:35

its hurts to think about it but the o.p. is exactly right and here's a few reasons why-

1.mick and keith are totally washed up as songwriters.its not reasonable to expect a person to be able to write top notch songs for 50 years so anything you get is gonna be subpar.
their recent attempts prove this out-"one more shot" and "gloom and doom",the titles are cliche' and lazy and the playing is second rate.gloom was a pretty good rocker and got by on its energy but one more shot was unlistenable.

2.keith cant play his guitar.its not his fault but his hands being in the condition they're in doesnt allow him to play for the extended periods it would take to come up with a great riff or put even a decent song together.he did ok on the 50 tour but had to work hard even to play songs he's been playing for years.

3.there are parts of a bigger bang that make even the most loyal fan cringe.i wanted it to be great so bad.but damn...
the 80s hair band "poison" have a song called "look what the cat dragged in"-the stones have a song with the same title[that in itself is a tragedy of epic proportions]but the final shovel of dirt on the jagger/richards songwriting team is that "poisons" lyrics arent any worse than the stones

4.streets of love-drivin too fast.again,lazy and cliche' there are about 50 songs called "streets of love" i'm sure a few of them are better than this desperate cry for a hit.drivin too fast,really guys-drivin too fast? i liked the riff better when inxs did it,because it sucked just slightly less coming from a 3rd rate poprock group.

5.they dont need too-when you look at all the stones album covers together from beginning to end[i think they have them on their website as well as on itunes] its like going through a museum of fine art and then as you get to the end you see childrens finger paintings and street graffiti.they have written something like 400 songs,quit while you're ahead.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: September 4, 2013 20:51

The world never needed it, as never needed any Beatles or Dylan album. Few milions needed in the past, i still need one.

Date: September 4, 2013 21:19

lem motlow
its hurts to think about it but the o.p. is exactly right and here's a few reasons why-

1.mick and keith are totally washed up as songwriters.its not reasonable to expect a person to be able to write top notch songs for 50 years so anything you get is gonna be subpar.
their recent attempts prove this out-"one more shot" and "gloom and doom",the titles are cliche' and lazy and the playing is second rate.gloom was a pretty good rocker and got by on its energy but one more shot was unlistenable.

2.keith cant play his guitar.its not his fault but his hands being in the condition they're in doesnt allow him to play for the extended periods it would take to come up with a great riff or put even a decent song together.he did ok on the 50 tour but had to work hard even to play songs he's been playing for years.

3.there are parts of a bigger bang that make even the most loyal fan cringe.i wanted it to be great so bad.but damn...
the 80s hair band "poison" have a song called "look what the cat dragged in"-the stones have a song with the same title[that in itself is a tragedy of epic proportions]but the final shovel of dirt on the jagger/richards songwriting team is that "poisons" lyrics arent any worse than the stones

4.streets of love-drivin too fast.again,lazy and cliche' there are about 50 songs called "streets of love" i'm sure a few of them are better than this desperate cry for a hit.drivin too fast,really guys-drivin too fast? i liked the riff better when inxs did it,because it sucked just slightly less coming from a 3rd rate poprock group.

5.they dont need too-when you look at all the stones album covers together from beginning to end[i think they have them on their website as well as on itunes] its like going through a museum of fine art and then as you get to the end you see childrens finger paintings and street graffiti.they have written something like 400 songs,quit while you're ahead.

Those are compelling points, but I still disagree.

Creativity is the issue here...open up the songwriting to include MT and RW and I think we'll get something insanely interesting.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: September 4, 2013 21:20

lem motlow

I regret to say but the Stones Forum Police are gonna hound you to death for this. Good post though.

Date: September 4, 2013 22:06

BlackHat
I regret to say but the Stones Forum Police are gonna hound you to death for this. Good post though.

thanx for the heads up but i guess you havent seen some of my other stuff-

when i first began posting years ago on stonesdougs site keith richards was a god who was "forced" to play for huge money when he'd really rather be hanging with rastas playing raggae or somewhere in a smokey club playing the blues for free.
anything wrong with the stones was because of the evil,greedy mick jagger-anything great about the stones was because of keith.

i remember one post where i said "he should focus on playing rather than standing there posing like an idiot with that dumb grin on his face"

now,today people say things like that all the time but back then-oh baby!!. it may as well have read-"i'd like you all to thank your mothers for me for the oral sex,tell them their checks for the $5 dollars will be in the mail soon". to actually insult the all knowing all rocking guitar god and "heart and soul" of the stones,well the reaction wasnt a positive one.

some things are just obvious and some one just has to have the nerve to point it out.the stones are still a great live band but the jagger/richards songwriting team is dead as a doornail.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:18

Lem: You're mixing things up. The INXS riff is not on DTF. It's on LWTCDI.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 4, 2013 22:32

jumpin kent-i was thinking of "devil inside"...the riff is not exact but waaay to close.

if you've heard that "look what the cat..' riff before on an inxs record then things are even worse than i thought.either way,just the fact that we're having this conversation proves my point-its over.no more,no mas,just know when to stop and hang it up.

the good news is the band still kicks ass live.they should start adding songs from the first five records into the show.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:33

JumpingKentFlash

thumbs up

LWTCDI = Need you tonight

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:40

Driving too fast, Streets of Love, Infamy, Dangerous beauty, Sweet neo con, She saw me coming, Look What the Cat Dragged in, Don't Wanna Go Home, This Place Is Empty...all fillers and useless songs.
The World needs another Stones album without songs like these.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: September 4, 2013 22:49

lem motlow
BlackHat

thanx for the heads up but i guess you havent seen some of my other stuff-

when i first began posting years ago on stonesdougs site keith richards was a god who was "forced" to play for huge money when he'd really rather be hanging with rastas playing raggae or somewhere in a smokey club playing the blues for free.
anything wrong with the stones was because of the evil,greedy mick jagger-anything great about the stones was because of keith.

i remember one post where i said "he should focus on playing rather than standing there posing like an idiot with that dumb grin on his face"

now,today people say things like that all the time but back then-oh baby!!. it may as well have read-"i'd like you all to thank your mothers for me for the oral sex,tell them their checks for the $5 dollars will be in the mail soon". to actually insult the all knowing all rocking guitar god and "heart and soul" of the stones,well the reaction wasnt a positive one.

some things are just obvious and some one just has to have the nerve to point it out.the stones are still a great live band but the jagger/richards songwriting team is dead as a doornail.

As I said earlier it's like a one party state. There is no scope for a different view or even a stimulating debate.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:12

KRiffhard
JumpingKentFlash

thumbs up

LWTCDI = Need you tonight

That's it

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 4, 2013 23:19

lem motlow
the stones are still a great live band but the jagger/richards songwriting team is dead as a doornail.

You don't have to have any particular nerve to point this out. It's common knowledge that they don't write together these days.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: September 4, 2013 23:38

Aquamarine
lem motlow
the stones are still a great live band but the jagger/richards songwriting team is dead as a doornail.

You don't have to have any particular nerve to point this out. It's common knowledge that they don't write together these days.

it is..?

don't assume that to be true..if anythings true about this band its that they do the improbable..

Keith wouldn't shut the door and neither would Mick, on writing together..

Date: September 4, 2013 23:58

And neither would I. Just saying that they haven't been writing together in recent times.

Date: September 5, 2013 00:06

Aquamarine
lem motlow

you missed the point-what i'm saying is that either writing together or by themselves neither one of them can write a song worthy of having the name "rolling stones" on it.
its just cliche'd crap,they've run out of ideas and the truth is i dont blame them even a little bit.you cant expect a human being to bring the level of quality that their body of work contains for this many years,its not possible.

that name-"the rolling stones"-means something.they should just leave it alone.as i said before ,they're still a great live band. they should just dig into the first 5 records and add some of those songs to the set.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:07

When was the last time any rock artist released an album that a huge audience cared about?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:11

24FPS
When was the last time any rock artist released an album that a huge audience cared about?

If that was an accurate yardstick, does that mean should all rock 'artists' just cease making new records? So the genre then just becomes swamped with nostalgia acts and then dies a natural death when those acts are consigned to history?

Posted by: nickm8 ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:12

shut the @#$%& up they dont need another album....ugh ya they do if you disagree your not a true fan

Date: September 5, 2013 00:13

Gazza
24FPS

If that was an accurate yardstick, does that mean should all rock 'artists' just cease making new records? So the genre then just becomes swamped with nostalgia acts and then dies a natural death when those acts are consigned to history?

they could be euthanized instead...that would speed the process up, and I'm all for that.

Date: September 5, 2013 00:36

its the way of the world,things change.jazz was the big thing before WW11 and the the postwar generation had rock and roll.

that doesnt mean no one ever puts out a good jazz record today,but just as time moved on for them it has moved on from rock and roll.

millions of families bought guitars in the 1950's,everyone had one in the house and there was always that one kid who picked it up and played the shit out of the thing.
now kids want to be famous dj"s and i dont have a problem with that. a good dj can get 1000's of kids into it and dancing,having fun.thats their world,thats how it is now.

rock and roll is a cult thing and you may see one of these kids actually nail it someday , but as a popular form of music,its gone.

which brings us back to our original discussion-a 70 something team of songwriters making a record as good as their early stuff [or even within a hundred miles] is not realistic.

Date: September 5, 2013 00:42

It's gone as a popular form of music? Am I hallucinating all these bands and my fellow audience members? Bands play all over the world every day--not nostalgia bands--so how can it be gone?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 5, 2013 00:49

Lem, you're crazy! Are you telling us that Bobby Vee won't have another hit?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1570
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home