Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31
Re: Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:15

toomuchforme
Here is SMU

The tune, which Keith played wrong, remind me a little bit on the intro of 'Pink Panther'.

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:15

Keith looks so healthy and happy...it's a shame that he's still struggling with his playing.

Unfortunately he cleaned up his act too late in life...the damage has been done, especially with whatever transpired in Fiji in 2006. He'll never be the same after that.

But the most important thing is that he's alive and happy and enjoying his family. Playing music for the fans is just gravy at this point.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:18

Mattty7619
It was his scarf blowing over the strings which muted notes. I saw it

Agree. I saw it too. Don't understatement the dus about that. After that Keith did a good job, especially during BOB.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:19

RG
Mattty7619

Agree. I saw it too. Don't understatement the dus about that. After that Keith did a good job, especially during BOB.

Hate my Phone!

* don't understand the fuss..

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:22

Ladykiller
toomuchforme
Here is SMU

The tune, which Keith played wrong, remind me a little bit on the intro of 'Pink Panther'.

The guitar sounds totally out of tune - a bit like the sound electric guitars make when played when not plugged into the amp..

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:23

RG
RG
Mattty7619

Hate my Phone!

* don't understand the fuss..

You and your phone have done just fine, RG! smileys with beer

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:27

He (or his scarf) obviously flubbed the opening chord but he seemed to get it straightened out right away so I don't see what the fuss is.

Maybe Micawber has a mind of his own and got it straight for Keef.....

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:34

It wasn't the scarf.
He played the wrong chord (checking it on my guitar now, I have no clue if that can be catogorised as a chord) as someone explained here earlier.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:35

Classic Td

[youtu.be]

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:52

toomuchforme

Wonderful picture, in fact I'll take the liberty of quoting it ;-) What's your camera again?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: July 8, 2013 00:52

I can't believe the Stones came on when it was still light! Loved the shots of Mick in the white smock! No butterfly photos?? I love the stage though, trees and all. Do you think the show on the 13th will be pretty much the same?
It's a shame that MT STILL plays on just 2 songs!

Date: July 8, 2013 01:12

BowieStone
It wasn't the scarf.
He played the wrong chord (checking it on my guitar now, I have no clue if that can be catogorised as a chord) as someone explained here earlier.

no we have to pretend a scarf muted a guitar chord. thats one heavy duty scarf

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:19

His Majesty
Some clips popping up on YouTube now.

Good performances...

Honky Tonk Women

All Down The Line

Give that guitar to Mick Taylor please. confused smiley

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:21

Mattty7619
I was at the concert and noticed it but I do not think a casual fan would. I was excepting JJF so it kinda thru me anyway. Keith played absolutely brilliantly in the second half . Gimmie Shelter was best for many years. Satisfaction he nailed the solos to perfection!

What struck me most is that a daylight concert is just not the same. The magic happened after sunset from about miss you onwards.[/quote
I'm a casual fan, who had his first stones gig last night at the tender age of 16. It was magical and I did not notice any guitar flaws at all throughout the set, for us casuals, we just got swept away by the brilliance of the Stones. Who cares if a couple notes were wrong, it was spell binding.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:33

mickschix
I can't believe the Stones came on when it was still light! Loved the shots of Mick in the white smock! No butterfly photos?? I love the stage though, trees and all. Do you think the show on the 13th will be pretty much the same?
It's a shame that MT STILL plays on just 2 songs!

One of the backdrops had butterflies flying across it. And Mick at one point wore a fabuloso sparkly blue jacket covered with butterfly motifs.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 8, 2013 01:34

Aquamarine
Yup, I'm not only that tolerant but I WANT them to be loose and spontaneous!

Seb91
To be honest I didn't even notice the mistake at the beginning of SMU as the roar of the crowd was so loud. I think people are making mountains out of molehills in regards to any mistakes by Keith. Its the risk you take by seeing a live performance be it a rock concert, a play etc. I'd rather have a fun, interesting show with a few mistakes than a note perfect recital. I don't go to live shows to hear note perfect renditions. I went to a Dream Theater show once, absolutely flawless playing but boring as hell to watch. I'd take Keith over John Petrucci any day. Plus, when you're actually at the show its a completely different feeling from dissecting it on the net.

Yup yup yup!

What do any of these comments have to do with the fact the keith simply doesn't play much anymore. He starts riffs and doesn't finish them. A large part of the music is the band covering the holes. It has nothing to do with note perfect or any such bullshit. Sure if you're they're it's exciting. They do a good job of covering. It's not exciting live rock and roll vs. note perfect renditions. It's an old guy that can't play much anymore. Moments of greatness still, but in between those moments he's is losing it to age, etc.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:01

I noticed the mistake on Start Me Up, but I also noticed that from later on Keith's performance has been excellent, even the solos were much stronger than in the beginning of the tour.It's been an excellent show.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:19

Roll73
keefriff99
schillid
Did Keith REALLY begin Start Me Up on the WRONG FRET??
That was brutal to listen to...not a good way to kick off a big show. Ugh.

Yeh he played it in D instead of C amazingly! (or should I say G instead of F?) Anyway - that one won't be on the DVD!

Sure it will, because it's the very moment of their return to Hyde Park. On the DVD we'll just hear an overdub instead of that open mic quality moment or two.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:21

Silver Dagger
A few shots from me. I didn't really get close enough for good shots but these might give those who didn't go an idea of the perspective.

Here's one of Manofwealthandtaste. Thanks for the pint Chris.

And this is the inimitable Ulrich Schroder - German Stones super fan.

The second, third photo really capture what annoys me so much about concerts these days. Put your damn phones away and watch the concert in HD 3D right before you. Look how many people have their smart phones out! a pic or two ok, but why watch the whole show through a 3 inch square? If you want to watch it that way just go to youtube the next day and you can see 50 different versions!

I applaud artists who strictly enforce the no smart phone rule. It's so freaking rude

Posted by: TonyMo ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:21

BowieStone
It wasn't the scarf.

He managed somehow to play B then a C chord rather than the E!
Shit happenssmileys with beer

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:40

Judging from the clips, the gig seems and sounds very good. Full of energy. And (judging from the clips, again) it seems like Keith works fine overall. After having watched carefully the clips, i think the strictures of some people here on Keith's playing are heavily exaggerated. I mean his overall playing, of course. Because he clearly messed up of SMU intro.

It's "amazing" what a botched intro can "reveal"! Oh, yes, after Glasto show athritis goes in for a inexorable counter - attack... Keith's brain maybe has serious problems... He cannot remember how the songs are going... I wonder what else a botched intro would "show", if it was not general admission that Keith in 2012-13 is clearly better compared with ABB tour's Keith.

I don't underrate Keith's mistake. Not at all. But i am asking: Really, guys? Is it the first time you hear a botched song's start (and not necessarilly due to guitars) ?

1. I remember Keith messing up of Brown Sugar intro (and not one or two times only) during 2003.

2. I remember Mick, in Greece on B2B tour, starting "Satisfaction" completely out of tune.

3. On 1981-82 tour, Keith sometimes was spoiling "Under My Thumb" intro (in addition, on 1981- 82 another intros had been cooked in the name of the speed - "She' So Cold" and JJF included)

4. In 1975-76, some of the "i sing like i'm semi- sleeping o like i'm chewing chick -peas" Mick's performances were refering to opening numbers. Just remember "Love You Live" and how Mick "sings" on the entire HTW...

5- Beyond the intros, 1978 tour had included many unstable, frivolus gigs and shows full of bum notes. But if today Keith or Ronnie hit a bum note, many fans are "crucifying" them. I say it once again: If these fans were judging the past like they do it today, being in the mood for analyzing every single moment with such a irritating fastidiousness, then could easily conclude that enen 1972 tour was a "weak" one...

As for Keith, i think there is a reason why the criticism against him is so harsh: Ronnie is excellent on the "50 and counting tour". So the game "find serious quitar problems in the band" needs an almost "dead" Keith, in order that be continued...

Posted by: muppetmark ()
Date: July 8, 2013 02:49

jabhead
Silver Dagger
A few shots from me. I didn't really get close enough for good shots but these might give those who didn't go an idea of the perspective.

The second, third photo really capture what annoys me so much about concerts these days. Put your damn phones away and watch the concert in HD 3D right before you. Look how many people have their smart phones out! a pic or two ok, but why watch the whole show through a 3 inch square? If you want to watch it that way just go to youtube the next day and you can see 50 different versions!

I applaud artists who strictly enforce the no smart phone rule. It's so freaking rude
I took out my phone, as did most of my area, every time Mick had done a costume change, there was an amazing one off moment or Mick had decided to walk past us down the walkway. I find that if you are close to the barrier and just taking the odd photo it is fine. No-one i could see had their phone or camera up for the whole thing, the most anyone did was record half a song which is fair enough. Quite a lot around us were first timers (like me) so having a few personalized photos enhances the recollection. The fact that someone thought it was a good idea to take a photo at that time, might mean loads of others think its a good time and thats why you see many phones (i noticed the top of my phone in one of the pics), but i can assure you they werent out for very long at a time.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: July 8, 2013 03:03

The worst live version of SMU ever. Total trainwreck.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 8, 2013 03:17

muppetmark
jabhead
Silver Dagger

I took out my phone, as did most of my area, every time Mick had done a costume change, there was an amazing one off moment or Mick had decided to walk past us down the walkway. I find that if you are close to the barrier and just taking the odd photo it is fine. No-one i could see had their phone or camera up for the whole thing, the most anyone did was record half a song which is fair enough. Quite a lot around us were first timers (like me) so having a few personalized photos enhances the recollection. The fact that someone thought it was a good idea to take a photo at that time, might mean loads of others think its a good time and thats why you see many phones (i noticed the top of my phone in one of the pics), but i can assure you they werent out for very long at a time.

You don't get it. You don't have to watch the show through your camera. Just hold it above your head and watch the show wit your eyes. I'm glad I captured a few select moments from the shows I attended. I wish I had videos of all the concerts I've attended over the years. This is one of the best technology advancements in the last 10 years IMO and props to the artists who aren't insecure and allow it.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 8, 2013 03:24

keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
It wasn't the scarf.

no we have to pretend a scarf muted a guitar chord. thats one heavy duty scarf

If you look closely you see the scarf go back and to the left. Back. And to the left. That is one magic scarf.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 8, 2013 03:30

PhilUK
Oh no! He got a couple of chords wrong! Oh no!

Pathetic whining.

When I was young we had to walk ten miles in the snow to see the Stones.
If Keith played a wrong note you said "thank you sir may I have more?".
You toughed it out and it made a man out of you.

Posted by: Bluesstone ()
Date: July 8, 2013 03:40

Just came back home after a great weekend in London, and with the great joy of being at the concert with friends who hadn't seen the stones live before ever. What can you say, it was just great!! I really don't care who @#$%& up what bit of what song, it really doesn't matter - it was just an amazing gig! Great crowd, everybody cheerful and happy, and the Stones just rocked, full stopp - so much energy and joy, it was wonderful! 2 hours of singing and dancing and being blown away by the energy of this band - I still can't put it into words. If people who have never been into Rock'n Roll, let alone the Blues and what not, tell you that it's been the best concert of their live - and that happened a LOT last night, it can only be the Stones! Cheers to them and to everyone who had a great time in Hyde Park. Those who are going next weekend - I hope you have a blast! smileys with beer

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 8, 2013 04:03

jabhead

I'm with you. Going to shows these days is a completely different experience than in the days before cell phones. Watch the show and get into the music. The next day, collect the pro photos from the net, a million times better than what you are taking with your phone or amateur camera anyway. Yes, just enperiencing the music is passe, must have that personalized pic of Mick.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 8, 2013 04:37

jabhead
Put your damn phones away and watch the concert in HD 3D right before you. Look how many people have their smart phones out! a pic or two ok, but why watch the whole show through a 3 inch square?

At Philly 1, I shot a few videos. I was careful though NOT to watch the concert through the viewfinder. Instead I held the camera off to the side and tried to keep it aimed in the general direction of the stage. But it was still a hinderance, because I didn't want to sing or shout, thinking that my voice would spoil the recording. Also, I couldn't clap (with one hand...), move around (my videos are shaky as it is (because I wasn't looking at the viewfinder..)

At Philly 2, I decided to leave the video camera at home & *really* ENJOY the show... help make some noise & dance & clap... The consensus is that Philly 2 was one of the better shows of the tour... part of what made it a great show is that it was a livelier crowd... so maybe I helped contribute something to that because I didn't have the video camera.

Posted by: jabhead ()
Date: July 8, 2013 05:07

jazzbass
muppetmark
jabhead
Silver Dagger

You don't get it. You don't have to watch the show through your camera. Just hold it above your head and watch the show wit your eyes. I'm glad I captured a few select moments from the shows I attended. I wish I had videos of all the concerts I've attended over the years. This is one of the best technology advancements in the last 10 years IMO and props to the artists who aren't insecure and allow it.

I get it,snapping a few photos is fine, but go to show these days is and all light up by phones texting etc. I bet the person behind you probably loves that fact that you are holding a phone above your head. It is not about insecurity, it is about respecting others, to some a concert aint' like Niagara Falls.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1718192021222324252627...LastNext
Current Page: 22 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1741
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home