Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 31
Re: Hyde Park show #1 July 6 Rolling Stones live updates
Posted by: CaledonianGonzo ()
Date: July 7, 2013 22:53

Michael Hann obviously didn't hear the enormous pie that Keith made of the opening riff of Start Me Up:

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:00

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:05

Max'sKansasCity
If that's the way Keith plays it, that's the way the song goes.

agreed :-)

Date: July 7, 2013 23:09

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:09

To be honest I didn't even notice the mistake at the beginning of SMU as the roar of the crowd was so loud. I think people are making mountains out of molehills in regards to any mistakes by Keith. Its the risk you take by seeing a live performance be it a rock concert, a play etc. I'd rather have a fun, interesting show with a few mistakes than a note perfect recital. I don't go to live shows to hear note perfect renditions. I went to a Dream Theater show once, absolutely flawless playing but boring as hell to watch. I'd take Keith over John Petrucci any day. Plus, when you're actually at the show its a completely different feeling from dissecting it on the net.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:13

Aquamarine
Let us know who these bands are that y'all listen to who never make a mistake, so that I can avoid them

LOL, I think I really like you

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:13

Some good photos at the official BST website here (click on July 6th and scroll forward)

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Posted by: RG ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:14

There is just one simpel reason for Keith's 'misnote' in the beginning of SMU. His scarf sat between the strings of his guitar. I am
For sure, seen it many times back.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:15

Are you so tolerant when mistakes come from another band /musician / guitarist ? drinking smiley

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:20

I was at the concert and noticed it but I do not think a casual fan would. I was excepting JJF so it kinda thru me anyway. Keith played absolutely brilliantly in the second half . Gimmie Shelter was best for many years. Satisfaction he nailed the solos to perfection!

What struck me most is that a daylight concert is just not the same. The magic happened after sunset from about miss you onwards.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:23

of course SMU was @#$%& up
I am uploading vids. You will hear again

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:24

Yup, I'm not only that tolerant but I WANT them to be loose and spontaneous!

Seb91
To be honest I didn't even notice the mistake at the beginning of SMU as the roar of the crowd was so loud. I think people are making mountains out of molehills in regards to any mistakes by Keith. Its the risk you take by seeing a live performance be it a rock concert, a play etc. I'd rather have a fun, interesting show with a few mistakes than a note perfect recital. I don't go to live shows to hear note perfect renditions. I went to a Dream Theater show once, absolutely flawless playing but boring as hell to watch. I'd take Keith over John Petrucci any day. Plus, when you're actually at the show its a completely different feeling from dissecting it on the net.

Yup yup yup!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:26

Of course we would, after all isnt rock and roll just one big mistake, but as long as we can learn from that mistake, and make improvements based on those mistakes, and it is not that you got knocked down, but more important that you got back and and kept pushing forward, never holding back, while carrying on, swept away, riding the power of the rock and roll wave, feeling the full force of the rock and roll and living happily ever after!!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:28

Keith has done much much worst in the past.

He got it right after 2 bars.

Big deal, it proves they don'y mime.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:28

... or something.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 16:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:30

Silver Dagger

And this is the inimitable Ulrich Schroder - German Stones super fan.

Yes - and the owner of the unique Stones Fan Museum in Lüchow, Germany. He is also to see from behind on one of the last pages in the Book 'The Rolling Stones: 50'.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:30

mime no mime no mime no mime no mime no mime no mime no mime no mime no

Date: July 7, 2013 23:33

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-11 16:58 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:33

Here is SMU

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:34

Powerage
Are you so tolerant when mistakes come from another band /musician / guitarist ? drinking smiley

Pretty much, I mean if the whole show sounds like a trainwreck then no but the odd mistake here and there is part of live performance. When I went to see Roger Waters in 2007 who is known to be a complete perfectionist, he came in too early on the opening song (In The Flesh). There will always be mistakes with live performance as you can't just do another take.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 23:34 by Seb91.

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:36

Mattty7619
I was at the concert and noticed it but I do not think a casual fan would. I was excepting JJF so it kinda thru me anyway. Keith played absolutely brilliantly in the second half . Gimmie Shelter was best for many years. Satisfaction he nailed the solos to perfection!

What struck me most is that a daylight concert is just not the same. The magic happened after sunset from about miss you onwards.

From the opening video, I got just the same feeling. with the daylight (and a lousy stage) it didn't look like a stones concert was just starting. U sure this hyde park festival concert was a good idea?

Date: July 7, 2013 23:38

I think has the basis of a new song there.

Date: July 7, 2013 23:40

They could always do a synch track to make it sound perfect... but who wants lip/guitar syncing?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 23:45 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Mattty7619 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:44

It was his scarf blowing over the strings which muted notes. I saw it

Date: July 7, 2013 23:49

Torres
U sure this hyde park festival concert was a good idea?

Oh yes.

What exactly was wrong with the stage?

Posted by: PhilUK ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:52

Oh no! He got a couple of chords wrong! Oh no!

Pathetic whining.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:54

Mattty7619

Very much agree although it shifted from enjoyable to magic from Bitch onwards for me. But Gimme Shelter was the best I have ever heard it, (not to be confused with best ever by the cynics), as was Midnight Rambler. And yes, Keith was terrific on Satisfaction.

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: July 7, 2013 23:55

I loved this show so much. A beautiful day, amazing setting(those trees!) and the Stones are, to me, always perfectly imperfect which is what makes them so unbelievably special. The only fault was the sound was much too low to drown out the idiots who would rather listen to their own voices than appreciate the spectacular performance in front of them but we were able to move away & get quite near the stage for the last half of the show. Great to see so many youngsters having a good time & dancing home at the end singing Miss You.
Thank you Stones. You just get better & better.

Date: July 8, 2013 00:12

A question for any Charlie fans in particular...........does he often wear green? He was yesterday and strangely enough he was at the 1969 gig, maybe a coincidence or maybe a nod to the previous event.

Date: July 8, 2013 00:13

stonesmog
I loved this show so much. A beautiful day, amazing setting(those trees!) and the Stones are, to me, always perfectly imperfect which is what makes them so unbelievably special. The only fault was the sound was much too low to drown out the idiots who would rather listen to their own voices than appreciate the spectacular performance in front of them but we were able to move away & get quite near the stage for the last half of the show. Great to see so many youngsters having a good time & dancing home at the end singing Miss You.
Thank you Stones. You just get better & better.[/]

The young woman wearing the leopard-skin-pattern scarf who was crying by the end of the show--and who kept showing up on the big screen--was iconic for me.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1617181920212223242526...LastNext
Current Page: 21 of 31

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home