Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: Woz ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:08

Aquamarine
For the Tier 2 Silly Bar people, the wristband IS your ticket, so you only need to pick up one thing at the South Entrance box office. smiling smiley

But yeah, this is more than stressful. I've never flown 4000 miles with no ticket in hand before. Sometimes confused smiley

5,000 miles for me!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:08

I seem to have missed the hospitality packages entirely (not that I could have afforded them, but at least you get free drinks. eye rolling smiley I think all the Silly Bar buys you is the chance to stand in shorter lines).

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:15

I have my ticket for Hyde Park on the 6th July, got my train ticket and hotel sorted.

Unfortunately, my train ticket is only valid with the card I bought the tickets with, not a problem, until the card was stolen. I've now been told by the train company (Virgin) that I may have to purchase new tickets, depending on the conductor on the day angry smiley thumbs down

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:25

Jackglfc
I have my ticket for Hyde Park on the 6th July, got my train ticket and hotel sorted.

Unfortunately, my train ticket is only valid with the card I bought the tickets with, not a problem, until the card was stolen. I've now been told by the train company (Virgin) that I may have to purchase new tickets, depending on the conductor on the day angry smiley thumbs down

You can bring a new credit card and some confirmation about the card stolen, and photo ID. That should work. Good Luck!!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:36

still waiting for tickets for the 13th. I rang BST today and all I got was a recorded message that tickets for the 13th still did not leave the factory. True or not, what a mess!

Posted by: Jackglfc ()
Date: July 2, 2013 18:54

hopefully should be okay. Going to speak to the customer service at the train station tomorrow

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:02

Aquamarine
They told you "the day of"? After they've been assuring people they can pick them up Thursday/Friday?Saturday (and, according to some accounts, Wednesday)?

That map is the one that's on Facebook--still no sign of Tiers marked in.

Isn't that because it's a map for the whole week and so the circles and tiers for the different events are left off?

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:10

I dread to think why they have left the tiers off the latest map.....................more revisions ? eye popping smiley

Maybe tier 1 has been relocated to Marble Arch - "with stunning views of Hyde Park " confused smiley

I wouldn't be surprised at all .

sc uk

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:15

There was similar Krap with Wembley in 2003 and they mailed the tickets twice. I wasn't pinging I was knocking - like a motor low on oil. Is there a marketing ploy here to tighten up capacity? This is the wrong industry to pull stunts like this and the fans won't take it. I wished I was going but now second thoughts. I'll attend smaller shows. Good luck.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 2, 2013 19:57

I hope every one will get their tickets in time !!!
good luck.

jeroen

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:01

In case this information is useful to anybody: I've now been told by BST/AEG personnel
that tickets without the Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on can be collected at any of the box offices
that will be open (according to Rob Hallett) on Friday.

Posted by: moralinsanity ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:02

Hi all,

I will be uploading images tomorrow with views directly from Tier 1 and Tier 2 from the site as is now.

This should clear it up for us all exactly what we are getting for our money. I have to admit though that the pictures I have already don't fill me with confidence that our Tier 2 tickets will even guarantee a nice patch of grass with a view at all as their appears to be a pavilion partially blocking the view to the stage.

Will put the images up tomorrow.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:15

Has anyone at AEG commented offically about this fiasco ?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 2, 2013 21:52

I finally received a confirmation where to pick up my tickets. I mean they still can come on this day. But this is really not a very fine Tuning of ticketing.

Anyway looking Forward to a wonderful Weekend and a wonderful night with the Rolling Stones on 6th and 13th.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:13

moralinsanity
Hi all,

I will be uploading images tomorrow with views directly from Tier 1 and Tier 2 from the site as is now.

This should clear it up for us all exactly what we are getting for our money. I have to admit though that the pictures I have already don't fill me with confidence that our Tier 2 tickets will even guarantee a nice patch of grass with a view at all as their appears to be a pavilion partially blocking the view to the stage.

I just ran in Hyde park, you wont see anything as it's all ring fenced by 4m-high green walls !

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 2, 2013 22:29

beepee2
moralinsanity
Hi all,

I just ran in Hyde park, you wont see anything as it's all ring fenced by 4m-high green walls !

I take it that moralinsanity has had access inside. Lots of people do, you know. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 2, 2013 23:03

nobodyimportant
beepee2
moralinsanity
Hi all,

I take it that moralinsanity has had access inside. Lots of people do, you know. eye rolling smiley

Just not if you're nobody important.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2013 23:26

What a fiasco. That did it for me - I'm in for the last show on the 13th, but not going to let this get me stressed. I'm going to pick up my tix after I arrive on Friday afternoon, get some rest and then go to see Elton John. On Saturday, I'll have a good night's sleep, have lunch with a friend, then head over the the National Gallery and see the Vermeer and Music exhibit that features live performances by the Academy of Ancient Music. Then I'll meet up with some friends for a nice sushi dinner and head over to the Park a little before the show.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 00:11

What about if you booked tix through ticketmaster (who say that tickets may not arrive until 5 days before the gig)??

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

Thanks

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 3, 2013 00:31

This is the same ticket stuff pulled from Wembley in '03. I feel for the fans that have to travel 5k's. The letter that you "have a message" ready at the Post was a relief which means the tickets arrived. This was days before the show. What is a Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on? Sounds pretty wound-up to me. Fawlty Towers..........

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2013 00:38

moralinsanity
Hi all,

So the Tier 1 and Tier 2 sections are already set up even though they're not using by Bon Jovi? Looks like that's going to be a waste of space for them...but maybe it isn't full ;-)

Date: July 3, 2013 00:41

shattered
What is a Barclaycard Unwind Bar add-on?

There was an option in the ticket presales and sales to pay an extra 100 GBP for access to a "special" bar
(I've been calling it the Silly Bar) and of course Tier 1-2 tickets were a lot easier to get with that add-on than without it,
so people paid the money to have the tickets, not because they were interested in Silly Bar access.
After the sales it turned out that there are bars and toilets and everything you need in the Tier 1-2 area anyway,
and that the Silly Bar is quite inconveniently located. That was one of the early fiascos in this exhausting saga ...

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: July 3, 2013 02:49

i wonder why they just dont send out the tickets the momemt they are bought...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 3, 2013 02:58

An official email from FGT:

Dear Rolling Stones customer,

Your tickets are ready for collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.

For your added convenience, you can collect your tickets Wednesday through Friday this week at our Box Office in addition to the day of show.

As this is a sold out event, we strongly encourage you collect your tickets in advance of Saturday. If you must collect on Saturday, we STRONGLY recommend you come early in order to avoid significant wait times.

Hyde Park Map-Shows_2013v4-1_sm

Here are the details to assist in getting you your tickets:

FOR PICK-UPS BETWEEN WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY, JULY 3 THROUGH JULY 5

Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map during the following hours

Wednesday, 3 July between 10.00 - 18.00
Thursday 4 between 10.00 - 18.00
Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 13.00.

On Friday we will have dedicated collection windows for Rolling Stones Customers.

FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6

Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 - 21.00.
FOR TIER 1 AND TIER 2 TICKETS: Go to the box office located at the South Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 - 21.00.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the show!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 08448 240 300.

Well, at least they understoodwinking smiley Though 1pm on Friday is still a bit early...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2013 04:28

Does this apply to the Silly Bar people, though, I wonder? We were told to go to the southern entrance box office. (Weren't we? confused smiley )

Posted by: Stoffer ()
Date: July 3, 2013 08:28

Why only until 13:00 on Friday?
A lot of people, like my self, arrive on Friday,
but no way to make that time window!
Looks like it'll be Saturday pickup for many people afterall,
it could have reduced the BIG lines on Saturday a lot
if they were open like until 21:00 on Friday! confused smiley

Edit: Okay, so now they woke up and now keep open until 21:00
on Friday afterall! Got the same emails as AntoineParis!

Good job FGT, goooood job! eye rolling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 20:51 by Stoffer.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:00

Not happy at all, despite I chose "will-call" when I booked my GA ticket. I arrive on Friday evening so with all these shipping issues I have to queue on Saturday at the box office :/

But more important for people like me in the Tier3: the map they sent yesterday night is different than the previous one, and we can see a (close?) area in front of the stage, does that mean that GA tickets holders can't go to the front stage anymore?????????

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 3, 2013 10:09

Sister Marie
the map they sent yesterday night is different than the previous one

Can you post it here ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: July 3, 2013 10:24

Can someone post the map they sent last night, please and thank you?
I haven't received anything new :[

An enclosed FOS area for a limited number of people might well be for safety purposes,
but Tier 3 people who get there promptly after the gates open may still be able to enter it.

Date: July 3, 2013 10:45

Okay, so why was Rika sent this very different information, which she posted in the main HP thread: [www.iorr.org]

rika
Hi, got email from Front Gate earlier this morning. (it's Wednesday Morning 10:30am here) for whom didn't get their tickets delivered and have to pickup from box office, INTERNATIONAL customers.

*********:

Dear Rolling Stones customer,
Per our previous email, your tickets will be awaiting collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.
For your added convenience, we will open dedicated windows marked "International Rolling Stones Collections". These Windows will be open from Wednesday through Friday this week and you can also collect on the day of show.

Hyde Park Map-Shows_2013v4-1_sm

Here are the details to assist in getting you your tickets:

Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime Wednesday, 3 July or Thursday 4 between 10 am - 6pm or Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
We will have dedicated windows labeled "Rolling Stones International Collections" for you to pick up your tickets from on each of these days.

FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6
FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
FOR TIER 1 AND TIER 2 TICKETS: Go to the box office located at the South Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the show!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 08448 240 300.

That's quite different than the information AntoineParis got (just above):

Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map during the following hours
Wednesday, 3 July between 10.00 - 18.00
Thursday 4 between 10.00 - 18.00
Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 13.00.

Can't someone PLEASE get them to give the same information twice in a row??
[banging head on desk in exhausted despair]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 10:47 by with sssoul.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 3 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2507
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home