Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:10

It's a shame the ticket collection time doesn't run till Saturday 10PM. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:17

with sssoul
Can someone post the map they sent last night, please and thank you?
I haven't received anything new :[

An enclosed FOS area for a limited number of people might well be for safety purposes,
but Tier 3 people who get there promptly after the gates open may still be able to enter it.

Sorry I don't know how to do it. Someone else will probably do.
I received this night the same email than AntoineParis with this Friday box office 9:30-13:00

It looks like an enclosed area indeed, you're probably right. This also means no chance to get there for me (will call, don't queue for hours etc) moody smiley

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:22

Fred Rambler's posted a link to the map on the HP thread:
[view.exacttarget.com]

If you mean what I think you mean, Sister Marie, that's not an enclosure in front of the stage - it's a footpath.
It's been on all the maps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 11:47 by with sssoul.

Date: July 3, 2013 11:29

I'm GA2 non-silly bar. I'll got there at lunch time and try to get my tickets, and give you feedback on this mess.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2013 11:37

beepee2
I'm GA2 non-silly bar. I'll got there at lunch time and try to get my tickets, and give you feedback on this mess.

We await your feedback with bated breath!

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 3, 2013 12:02

with sssoul
If you mean what I think you mean, Sister Marie, that's not an enclosure in front of the stage - it's a footpath.

Not marked with a heavy black line though ....

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 12:09

with sssoul
Fred Rambler's posted a link to the map on the HP thread:
[view.exacttarget.com]

Attention! This is a map for non-show-days! It says 8th to 11th. Of course you can't go to the Great Oak Stage if there's no bands playing! The Tier-1-2-3-map is still valid for the Stones! The new map is for those who want to collect today or tomorrow.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: July 3, 2013 12:45

yesterday I got 2 mails:

First from Barclays:

"You have understood correct, you will need to collect your entry wristband from our box office.

Collection is available from Thursday 10 am to 6pm.

It is the south entrance you will need to go to collect, just off Hyde park corner.

Your shipping cost will be refunded between 5 and 7 days."

Second one from frontgate:

JUL 02, 2013 | 08:46PM UTC
Carly replied:

Yes, that is correct. Your order is not being sent, but will be at International Care of Box Office (COBO). This means you will pick up your ticket(s) upon arrival to the event. You will need to bring a government-issued photo ID and the order receipt with you.

Please stay tuned to [www.bst-hydepark.com] as box office hours and location will be announced shortly, including specifics on entry for Barclaycard Unwind Backstage Bar ticket holders.

We have processed a shipping refund for you for the amount of £30. Please allow 3-5 business days for this to reflect on your bank statement.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets

on bst, no specifics about BUBB ticket holders
so North or South entrance for Barclays payband ??

Date: July 3, 2013 12:47

nobodyimportant
with sssoul

exact, this heavy black line in the middle is new, I don't think it's a footpath, it's the same as the black lines all around the general concert area, footpath are beige.

@Karlos123: non-show-day? I received this map with the email this night, about my ticket for the 6. confused smiley

Date: July 3, 2013 13:08

Sister Marie
Exact, this heavy black line in the middle is new, I don't think it's a footpath,
it's the same as the black lines all around the general concert area, footpath are beige.

Oh that - sorry I misunderstood you. But that can't be a permanent part of the set-up.

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 13:31

Sister Marie
nobodyimportant
with sssoul

exact, this heavy black line in the middle is new, I don't think it's a footpath, it's the same as the black lines all around the general concert area, footpath are beige.

@Karlos123: non-show-day? I received this map with the email this night, about my ticket for the 6. confused smiley

Yeah same here! But look at the date in the upper right corner! It says 8th to 11th ONLY under the BST-logo. And there are no shows on these days. That's why the Great Oak Stage is seperated with the black line. At least that's my interpretation!winking smiley

Date: July 3, 2013 13:42

Karlos123
It says 8th to 11th ONLY under the BST-logo.

What a great idea to send that map attached to a message about where/when to pick up one's tickets on the 3rd through 6th. eye rolling smiley

Date: July 3, 2013 13:57

Karlos123
Sister Marie
nobodyimportant
with sssoul

Ah OK I see you're right! Totally confusing and not logical indeed... yawning smiley

Yeah same here! But look at the date in the upper right corner! It says 8th to 11th ONLY under the BST-logo. And there are no shows on these days. That's why the Great Oak Stage is seperated with the black line. At least that's my interpretation!winking smiley

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 15:52

This is the information I have received now. Open Friday until 9pm:

"Dear Rolling Stones customer,

Per our previous email, your tickets will be awaiting collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.

For your added convenience, we will open dedicated windows marked "International Rolling Stones Collections". These Windows will be open from Wednesday through Friday this week and you can also collect on the day of show.

Here are the details to assist in getting you your tickets:

FOR PICK-UPS BETWEEN WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY, JULY 3 THROUGH JULY 5
1. Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
2. Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime Wednesday, 3 July or Thursday 4 between 10 am - 6pm or Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
3. We will have dedicated windows labeled "Rolling Stones International Collections" for you to pick up your tickets from on each of these days.

FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6
1. Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
2. FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
3. FOR TIER 1 AND TIER 2 TICKETS: Go to the box office located at the South Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the show!
If you have any questions, please contact us at 08448 240 300.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 16:00 by LQ1977.

Date: July 3, 2013 16:16

Right, i went there and was able to collect my GA2 non-silly bar tickets.

You need to go to the north-west corner, ask a security guy to let you in and there's a little desk where you can get your tickets.

The facilities are very minimal... you just have 2 computers and 3 or 4 staff around, in my opinion, if hundreds of people arrive there to get their tickets on show day it's going to be hell, I hope they will add some more desks.

Good luck.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 3, 2013 16:20

beepee2
Right, i went there and was able to collect my GA2 non-silly bar tickets.

You need to go to the north-west corner, ask a security guy to let you in and there's a little desk where you can get your tickets.

The facilities are very minimal... you just have 2 computers and 3 or 4 staff around, in my opinion, if hundreds of people arrive there to get their tickets on show day it's going to be hell, I hope they will add some more desks.

Good luck.

Thanks! I asked them to please have enough staff there to serve us all....and got as reply that they would make sure to be adequately staffed. Whatever that means, 2 computers and 3/4 staff members won´t do.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 3, 2013 16:56

Truly the worst EVER organisation.

Altamont ran like clockwork in comparison .

sc uk

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:04

I wonder how many this has happened to. We only know about the posters here. The conspiracy theorist in me speculates that this was done purposely to avoid a stampede.

Posted by: rika ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:35

LQ1977

For your added convenience, we will open dedicated windows marked "International Rolling Stones Collections". These Windows will be open from Wednesday through Friday this week and you can also collect on the day of show.

2. Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime Wednesday, 3 July or Thursday 4 between 10 am - 6pm or Friday, 5 July between 9:30 am - 9:00 pm.
3. We will have dedicated windows labeled "Rolling Stones International Collections" for you to pick up your tickets from on each of these days.

same as what i got earlier today. only International Customer can pick up til 9pm?

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:42

Chill out folks, it's a ballache but you will get in. Don't get yourselves in a tizz over shit you can't change. Shit happens

As long as you're in the arena by 7pm ish you'll be thumbs up

Have fun

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 3, 2013 17:43

Joe Henry at barclaycardpayband.com has just promised me that my payBands will absolutely be delivered to me tomorrow.

I hope he is right

Date: July 3, 2013 18:00

Will someone in the UK please send a link to this thread to some media sites?
This is way beyond ridiculous.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 19:27 by with sssoul.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: July 3, 2013 18:02

I've got my silly bands this morning! I have activated and added some money for drinks!
Hope everyone in the UK will receive in time.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2013 18:56

andy js
Chill out folks, it's a ballache but you will get in. Don't get yourselves in a tizz over shit you can't change. Shit happens

As long as you're in the arena by 7pm ish you'll be thumbs up

Have fun

This IS shit we can change, and we need to, as many people are concerned they won't get it at all, having no tickets. This isn't just pointless whining.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: July 3, 2013 19:09

So I asked why there are two different emails they sent to fans (one saying Friday pick up till 1pm, the other till 9pm) - here's what Drew from Frontgate replied:

"I am not sure what you are referring to. Here is a copy of the correct info"

... and he attached a copy of the email that some of you received, saying it's ok until 9pm... the one that I didn't get.

So it's cool in the end, but really, what a mess!!!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2013 19:20

I didn't get it either.

It's like they're all living in parallel universes.

Date: July 3, 2013 19:31

AntoineParis
So I asked why there are two different emails they sent to fans (one saying Friday pick up till 1pm, the other till 9pm) -
here's what Drew from Frontgate replied: "I am not sure what you are referring to. Here is a copy of the correct info"

AntoineParis, it was you who got one saying until 13:00, right?
What email address was it from, and was there any "signature"?

Date: July 3, 2013 19:51

Sssoul, yeah, the first I got said 13:00.
It was from "FGT Customer Service info@frontgatetickets.com via bounce.exacttarget.com"

But now I also received this (same address, same "signature" ) :

Dear Rolling Stones customer,

*We apologize, but we noted the wrong Friday, July 5th pickup times in our earlier communication. Please see the udpated info in bold below.
Your tickets are ready for collection at The Barclaycard presents British Summer Time Hyde Park Festival.

For your added convenience, you can collect your tickets Wednesday through Friday this week at our Box Office in addition to the day of show.

As this is a sold out event, we strongly encourage you collect your tickets in advance of Saturday. If you must collect on Saturday, we STRONGLY recommend you come early in order to avoid significant wait times.

Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map during the following hours

Wednesday, 3 July between 1000 - 1800
Thursday 4 between 10.00 - 1800
Friday, 5 July between 930 - 2100

On Friday we will have dedicated collection windows for Rolling Stones Customers.
FOR PICK-UPS ON SATURDAY, JULY 6
Print a copy of your confirmation email for your purchase and present a photo ID
FOR GENERAL ADMISSION TICKETS: Go the box office located at the North Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 930 - 2100.
FOR TIER 1 AND TIER 2 TICKETS: Go to the B2 box office located at the South Entrance of the Festival site in Hyde Park on the attached map anytime between 930 - 2100.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy the show!If you have any questions, please contact us at 08448 240 300.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-03 19:52 by AntoineParis.

Date: July 3, 2013 19:53

Aquamarine
I didn't get it either.

It's like they're all living in parallel universes.

you're so right...smiling smiley

Date: July 3, 2013 19:59

Thanks, AntoineParis. At least the clowns corrected themselves, after we splattered questions all over their Facebook pages.
It's really terrifying that a major bank is involved with all this.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home