Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: harlem shuffle ()
Date: July 5, 2013 22:15

Does no one from from Norway get ticket,s?
Getting more and more ridicoulos.
Did they try to cheat thousands of People?
I,ll Call a Norwegian Postoffice today,and they say there are no way it will take 14-21 days from London.
So this is cheating

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 6, 2013 00:17

These guys are really pathetic!!
This the reply I received today :

''Drew @ Front Gate Tickets replied:
Unfortunately there is not a tracking number for the delivery. If for any reason you have not received your tickets the day prior your departure please let us know and we will arrange for new tickets to be held at the box office.
Regards,
Front Gate Tickets''

This is what I get for paying 34.86€ for delivery ??
And you don't have a tracking number for my order ??

And if I don't receive the tickets in time and therefore I'll have to get my tickets from the box office I will definitely need a full refund of delivery expenses !!

We MUST post our complains in their Facebook page and demand the delivery expenses back!! That's the only thing that hurts them !! Bad publicity !!

[www.facebook.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-06 00:19 by dimrstone.

Posted by: LadyRoxy ()
Date: July 7, 2013 02:43

Is there any possibility to get tickets in person at the entrance without booking<? I am from Argentina and dollar current restrictions make it imposible to book

Can I buy them in face at any box office in london?

Poor organisation: Rob Hallett deserves a thread
Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 15:38

[www.standard.co.uk]

It will be loud, with porcelain toilets, promise Hyde Park concert organisers

Rob Hallett promises festivalgoers a "civilised" experience

[www.standard.co.uk]

Facts:

- huge mess with false description of the tickets when they were first sold... although the map changed 1 week before the gig.

- EPIC FAIL for the ticket delivery

- confusion on the entrance/tickets/wristband for the various categories of tickets

- paybands apparently faulty

- no loos !!! dozens of people ending up peeing against walls and in plastic boxed, the whole place ended up like a gigantic shithole.

Re: Poor organisation: Rob Hallett deserves a thread
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: July 7, 2013 16:28

Duff MacKagen (GnR, etc.) recently wrote about a charming European festival tradition of throwing bottled urine at the bands. Any of that yesterday or @ Glastonbury? I imagine Mick would tend to frown on that though one never knows...

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 7, 2013 19:53

Prince whined to Mick on the phone that the crowd threw stuff at him when he opened for the Stones in `81. Mick just said, "I've had everything thrown at me. Lighten up, buddy." But perhaps Mick's been exempt from a few things.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:08

If Jagger had bottles of urine thrown in his direction 30 years ago, he'd probably brush it off, but today he would certainly leave the stage.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:15

No one has use for porcelain toilets if the system becomes so blocked up that they no longer function and have to be closed down! This apparently happened on the Bon Jovi night and was repeated on Saturday.

As for the "Garden" access promised to those in Tiers 1 + 2 who didn't pay the £100 extra for the Unwind Bar, I haven't checked back but I believe when its existence first came to light, it was advertised as an area with food, drink and toilets on offer. But the so-called "Garden" was non-existent on the most recently available map.

On Saturday, the only area to which tiers 1 and 2 (without Unwind Bar) had access included nothing more than a bar, with lines that ended up being so long that it wasn't worth standing in them. So this was another example of misdescription/mis-selling as far as I'm concerned.

Date: July 7, 2013 20:24

Beast
On Saturday, the only area to which tiers 1 and 2 (without Unwind Bar) had access included nothing more than a bar, with lines that ended up being so long that it wasn't worth standing in them. So this was another example of misdescription/mis-selling as far as I'm concerned.

Correct and in fact at one point anyone could wander in there as they weren't checking wristbands.....which probably accounted for the long queues!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:38

This might be useful then ............. an official AEG feedback form

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 7, 2013 20:44

Also about the bar;
What's up with all these cocktails these days at festivals?
It takes a lot of time to prepare, and jesus, it's a festival...have a beer.

They should make 2 bars out of that tier 1 and 2 bar. One for cocktails and stuff and another for people who just want to have a drink (a beer, a coke, water,...).

No advantages whatsoever about tier 2, except the ground you're standing on. (Which was why I bought tier 2 - so no real complaints here. But if you are promised no queues, you expect no queues).

Date: July 7, 2013 21:16

Fact of the matter is that all Tier 1 and 2 ticket holders were supposed to have access to the 'Garden' area with seperate bar and food areas and the famous flushing loos. That simply did not exist - misrepresentation.......?

Date: July 7, 2013 21:38

Manofwealthandtaste
Fact of the matter is that all Tier 1 and 2 ticket holders were supposed to have access to the 'Garden' area with seperate bar and food areas and the famous flushing loos. That simply did not exist - misrepresentation.......?

Yeah, we walked very comfortably towards one of those entrances of what we thought was 'the garden'.
We were immediatly send to the tier 3 area with massive queues and no flushable toilets.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 7, 2013 21:39

Manofwealthandtaste

When I'm there on Friday for Elton John (interesting that the Unwind Bar cost £100 for the Stones' shows but only £40 for the Elton John show - what ON EARTH is the logic behind that ?) I'll take some photos to document precisely what is and is not there .......... in case anyone feels like providing feedback to AEG that they really can justifiably stand to be accused of "misdescription".

Speaking of Elton John on Friday 12th, that REMINDS ME ............. I STILL HAVEN'T GOT MY TICKETS OR PAYBANDS. THANKS AEG/BST/BARCLAYCARD ...... YOU GUYS REALLY ARE STARS AREN'T YOU ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-07 21:40 by paulywaul.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 8, 2013 09:44

how was ticket collection on the day of the show? Long queues for will call?

(I will arrive at Hydepark just around 12 next Saturday as I am coming by palnein the morning)

Date: July 8, 2013 09:52

Meanwhile, did anyone in central Europe receive their July 13 tickets ordered in Arpil at ticket factory?

Posted by: Stones CAT ()
Date: July 8, 2013 12:05

Stoneswolf

(I will arrive at Hydepark just around 12 next Saturday as I am coming by palnein the morning)

After payed about 35€ for shipping I have to go to pick up my tickets at box office on 13th.

Somebody knows where is the box office for tier 3 tickets ?

It's possible to pick up tickets before 13th ?

...confused smiley

Date: July 8, 2013 12:17

I picked up my ticket at 11 o'clock.
There was no one in front of me.
I had to opportunity to pick the nicest girl to collect my ticket from.
After much deliberation I decided to go for counter #1.

But this was tier 2. I don't know about tier 3.

Date: July 8, 2013 12:17

Stones CAT
Stoneswolf

After payed about 35€ for shipping I have to go to pick up my tickets at box office on 13th.

...confused smiley

did they tell you that you have to collect the tickets there because they did not send it / got lost? Or is there a chance that the tickets will finally arrive?

I am still wondering if there is anybody (in central Europe) who ordered tickets in May from fontgate/ticket factory who actually received the tickrets.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 12:22 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: Jaggeresque ()
Date: July 8, 2013 12:22

I was at the ticket collection office for Tier 1 & 2 at 1pm on Saturday. There was nobody else there and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The horrendous queue I was expecting simply didn't materialise. Had a great view in Tier 2 which I only entered about an hour before the show. Amazing day and an amazing night.

Date: July 8, 2013 14:11

Stoneswolf
Stones CAT

...confused smiley

did they tell you that you have to collect the tickets there because they did not send it / got lost? Or is there a chance that the tickets will finally arrive?

I am still wondering if there is anybody (in central Europe) who ordered tickets in May from fontgate/ticket factory who actually received the tickrets.

I purchased tickets on April, according to the web they shipped on 24th ... I don't really know If they didn't send it or lost it, but I haven't my tickets yet ...

They told me thet I have to pick it up at box office but I d'nt know where is the box office ... moody smiley

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 8, 2013 14:23

I think it was still pretty messed up regarding the Tier 1 and 2 and Unwind Bar or Hospitality. The Hospitality Ticket was seperate which allowed you to stay in a gardenlike area with really good food and beer and wine. We met quite some people Friday night and saw Bon Jovi. The diamond circle, which we had, acces was so packed that there was no chance to get in. The Tier one and Two thing on Saturday seemed to be more relaxed in that case.
We met people who were first time goers and had no idea about the different tickets and prices. Some people went for the big money thing because they wanted to have a seated area. Anyway besides money it's the decision of everybody himself what to spend when.
As we had friends in Tier 1 we were able to get to the rail just by the walk 10th row. The view as not very special due to much to much security people running around the stage area and volunteer handing out water, which is good before the show, but not during the thing we came for.
All in all it was nice and we enjoyed the shoe, but let's get it straight: Nothing compares to Philly 2 and Anaheim 2 as second.

Posted by: daver ()
Date: July 8, 2013 14:43

I'm in the same boat - orderd in April and website says tickets shipped on June 26th, no tracking number. Emailed front row tickets and when they eventually replied they say phone the 0844 nunmber. Spent 40 minutes on hold and still not got through to anyone!

So no tickets with 5 days to go....

I was going to sell 2 on viagogo but how can I sell without the actual tickets?

My wife is pregnant as well - was hoping there was plenty of space in the general admission areas with some bars and outlets i.e. like a mini festival. Sounds like this is not the case - what is it like in the general admin areas?

thanks

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 8, 2013 14:53

That's how the trick works:

You collect money from buyers for sending the tickets. In this case, it's about 30 Pounds (yeah, I know, way overpriced, but AEG/BST can those prices up as they want).
You do this thousands of times. A nice sum, eh?

Of course, you never intended to send out all the tickets. You give people their money back, of course, but without interest (Zinsen), of course. That's where you make some extra profit.

Of course, you've cheated, you've betrayed, but the stupid customers (us) will take it, more or less, as we don't want to spoil the party. We love the Stones, we love to be at Hyde Park for the concert and we won't go to to the organiser's office at Hyde Park an "tell them what we think of all of this", won't we?
If I ever get face to face with someone responsible for all of this, I'd either throw a shoe at him or spit in his face. Or I'd stuff him in one of his in fact un-flushable toilets.

Oh, by the way, where's "THE GARDEN" that has been promised?

Such @#$%&.

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: July 8, 2013 15:56

daver
I was going to sell 2 on viagogo but how can I sell without the actual tickets?

My wife is pregnant as well - was hoping there was plenty of space in the general admission areas with some bars and outlets i.e. like a mini festival. Sounds like this is not the case - what is it like in the general admin areas?

thanks

Sorry mate, but selling tickets on Viagogo is a bad idea, really. One of the worst companies around. Viagogos owner should be in jail and will be sometime sooner or later. He says that Viagogo is not buying tickets themselves to sell them on the secondary market, but in fact a lot of tickets are bought by a company which also belongs to the Viagogo boss. And then those tickets are sold via Viagogo. People who act like that normally will end up bankrupt or in jail or both, sooner or later.
Viagogo= ViaNoGo.

Write to those idiots promoting Hyde Park and ask for a refund. Tell them you're wife is pregnant and you're not prepared to travel without a ticket in hand and also not to queue up at the ticket counter. If that doesn't help, you can sell the tickets here and write a letter of consent that entitles somebody to pick up the tickets on your behalf.

Good luck to you and your wife an the baby. Becoming parents puts everything else in perspective, even the "Great Hyde Park Ticket Desaster". Enjoy it;-)

Date: July 8, 2013 16:13

Papo

Write to those idiots promoting Hyde Park and ask for a refund. Tell them you're wife is pregnant and you're not prepared to travel without a ticket in hand and also not to queue up at the ticket counter. If that doesn't help, you can sell the tickets here and write a letter of consent that entitles somebody to pick up the tickets on your behalf.

In case they are refusing a refund, you also might consider to ask your credit card company to claim the money back for fraud reasons as the tickets you paid have never been delivered and the registered shipping you have been charged did obsiously never take place. I don't know if this will work...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-08 16:14 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: dimrstone ()
Date: July 8, 2013 23:33

Jaggeresque
I was at the ticket collection office for Tier 1 & 2 at 1pm on Saturday. There was nobody else there and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The horrendous queue I was expecting simply didn't materialise. Had a great view in Tier 2 which I only entered about an hour before the show. Amazing day and an amazing night.

Can anyone provide info for Tier 3 ?
How was ticket collection for Tier 3 on the day of the show? Long queues for will call?

Can we collect our tickets the day before (Friday) ?

Date: July 9, 2013 00:35

excuse me to ask again: is there anybody who bought tickets in April for Hydepark 13 July from ticket factory who received the tickets in Continental Europe.

Thanks!
Stoneswolf

Date: July 9, 2013 11:20

Stoneswolf
excuse me to ask again: is there anybody who bought tickets in April for Hydepark 13 July from ticket factory who received the tickets in Continental Europe.

Thanks!
Stoneswolf

Hi Stoneswolf !

I bought it in April on the BST web and I don't recieve anything ...

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 9, 2013 15:01

Stones CAT
Stoneswolf

Thanks!
Stoneswolf

Hi Stoneswolf !

I bought it in April on the BST web and I don't recieve anything ...
No tickets arrived so far. I assume we have to collect them again.
Oh well same old story.
AEG live is really the worst when it comes to ticketsales. It even makes ticketmaster a star to compare with.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1726
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home