Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:21

I expected the worst regarding picking up the tickets (which never arrived back in Norway) Saturday morning, as we missed the Box Office by ten bleeding minutes Friday evening thanks to the awfully long passport control at Gatwick.....

However, when I got there for our Tier 3 tix about 9am (or a bit sooner) Saturday, the queue was not long at all! What could it have been, not more than 30 people in front of me (more behind me soon though)? Started talking with mother and daughter from Edmonton, Canada - as well as a "local" and a guy from Israel. I played the Stones on the mobile for us and it shortened the waiting time a bit.

The desks opened about 9.35 am and it was well staffed. Went really quickly to get the tickets (sealed envelope, with my address printed nicely on it), finally had them in my hands about 9.40 am! Should have had my big grin on video. winking smiley

Haven´t checked if the shipping fee has been refunded, hope it is now.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:25

LQ1977
I expected the worst regarding picking up the tickets (which never arrived back in Norway) Saturday morning, as we missed the Box Office by ten bleeding minutes Friday evening thanks to the awfully long passport control at Gatwick.....

However, when I got there for our Tier 3 tix about 9am (or a bit sooner) Saturday, the queue was not long at all! What could it have been, not more than 30 people in front of me (more behind me soon though)? Started talking with mother and daughter from Edmonton, Canada - as well as a "local" and a guy from Israel. I played the Stones on the mobile for us and it shortened the waiting time a bit.

The desks opened about 9.35 am and it was well staffed. Went really quickly to get the tickets (sealed envelope, with my address printed nicely on it), finally had them in my hands about 9.40 am! Should have had my big grin on video. winking smiley

Haven´t checked if the shipping fee has been refunded, hope it is now.

At 11 am there was no queue at all

Date: July 9, 2013 16:31

Not even at 10am, actually. smiling smiley But we were not to know that, so I was there early.

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 9, 2013 16:34

LQ1977

At 11 am there was no queue at all

I hope the same for Hydepark 2 as I won't be there before 12...

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: July 9, 2013 17:37

I did not get tickets, in addition frontgatetickets.com
s did not respond to my emails. What should I do?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 9, 2013 18:39

Proudmary, did you try uksupport@frontgatetickets.com
They were very quick and helpful for me.
You did order tickets through BST website ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:32

Finally, last but not least, my tickets arrived today! It took them nearly three weeks to get from UK tgo Germany! They put a sticker "fast and registered delivery" on the adress window of the envelope. This sticker hided most part of my adress. So the complete thing was repacked and the adress had to be found out. This might have caused the delay. I would not wonder if the same happenened to a lot of others,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-09 22:50 by Stoneswolf.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 9, 2013 21:04

Rolling Hansie
No matter if you order via BST Website or Frontgate. All These tickets are handled via Frontgate anyway. You will be redirected on the contact on the BST site.
Mine did not arrive for next Saturday and I am pretty sure they won't arrive anyway. I will phone tomorrow and then pick them up on Saturday.

Date: July 9, 2013 21:08

Rolling Hansie

Yes, I bought the tickets through BST website. I already wrote five letters to uksupport@frontgatetickets.com - they do not respond to me at all. I am in total panic
but what did they tell you - I'll do the same, there is no alternative, flight tickets and hotel are already paid

SHIPPING COSTS REFUNDS - ANYBODY KNOWS ANYTHING ABOUT IT?
Posted by: silvertrain ()
Date: July 9, 2013 20:58

I know that Tier 3 buyers got their tickets at home, i believe,but the ones who purchased Tier 1 or Tier 2 had to pick them up at will call at the office at the entrance of the park
The boy in the office mentioned that we people living in Europe or other overseas countries would get our shipping costs refunded automatically

was he telling me what I wanted to hear? is this really true? no movement at all in my credit cards in my bank statement
any information highly apreciated

Date: July 9, 2013 21:14

proudmary
Rolling Hansie

Yes, I bought the tickets through BST website. I already wrote five letters to uksupport@frontgatetickets.com - they do not respond to me at all. I am in total panic
but what did they tell you - I'll do the same, there is no alternative, flight tickets and hotel are already paid
You must call!!! It is endless waiting, but somebody will assist you. They are open from 8 am to 8 pm UK time

Date: July 9, 2013 21:16

Grison
Rolling Hansie
No matter if you order via BST Website or Frontgate. All These tickets are handled via Frontgate anyway. You will be redirected on the contact on the BST site.
Mine did not arrive for next Saturday and I am pretty sure they won't arrive anyway. I will phone tomorrow and then pick them up on Saturday.

did you email them? their silence scares me
What their phone number? Could you post here about the results of the call in case I coudn't get through, I'm very bad with phones

Date: July 9, 2013 21:35

proudmary
Grison
Rolling Hansie

did you email them? their silence scares me
What their phone number? Could you post here about the results of the call in case I coudn't get through, I'm very bad with phones

[www.bst-hydepark.com]

Front Gate Tickets - www.frontgatetickets.com - email: uksupport@frontgatetickets.com 08448 240 300

Did you get any reply that they take care of your message?? Normally they reply in one day.

Date: July 10, 2013 10:28

Grison
Did you get any reply that they take care of your message?? Normally they reply in one day.

Same here. Got an auto-reply, usually within the minute and then a real answer within a couple of hours. They checked my order, confirmed that my tickets were shipped, and I got them early last week.

Proudmary, did you check your SPAM box ?

-------------------

Date: July 10, 2013 10:44

ok I just called the number 08448 240 300
and they confirmed that I have to pick up the tickets like last Saturday. I have to bring ID, the creditcard I paid with, and the order no.
So things can go great again.

I hope that all the others do the same

Date: July 10, 2013 13:18

Thanks a lot Hansie and Grison. I've got the proper letter with the instructions this morning. phew, what a relief
It's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 10, 2013 13:58

got my ticket (by post) today

Date: July 10, 2013 15:05

proudmary
what a relief

I can imagine.

-------------------

Posted by: claudine ()
Date: July 10, 2013 15:11

MartinB
got my ticket (by post) today

where are you from?

Date: July 10, 2013 23:20

It worked really well picking the tickets up Sat morning, hope the same for you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-10 23:21 by LQ1977.

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:09

Finally my PayBands for Saturday arrived! But even then they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by sending them signed-for to my house (where there is no-one during the day) instead of to my office (where there is). They did exactly the same thing last week and I asked them to change their records. So they screwed up in exactly the same way two weeks running! Cue an unnecessary trip to the sorting office and (another) long wait.

My complaint to Rob Hallett @ AEG is looking pretty lengthy (thanks to Paul and BV for providing the form)

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 11, 2013 14:53

johnnythunders
Finally my PayBands for Saturday arrived! But even then they managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory by sending them signed-for to my house (where there is no-one during the day) instead of to my office (where there is). They did exactly the same thing last week and I asked them to change their records. So they screwed up in exactly the same way two weeks running! Cue an unnecessary trip to the sorting office and (another) long wait.

My complaint to Rob Hallett @ AEG is looking pretty lengthy (thanks to Paul and BV for providing the form)

And there'll be a pretty long one from me too. Why ? Apart from the Stones fiasco, I received today Thursday 11th June a notice from the post office that I had something to pick up from the Richmond sorting office. These are my Elton John tickets for tomorrow Friday 12th. Went there, and was told I was too early, because the item was still with the postman that tried to deliver it this morning, and sure enough it says on the back of the card that you're supposed to wait 24 hours from the time you receive the card to going to the sorting office to pick up the item.

That essentially means TWO THINGS, (a) that I couldn't pick the item up till tomorrow Friday 12th after 9.30 a.m. and (b) that as THAT is the day of the gig and I would have been intending to go up to Hyde Park area by that hour in the morning - AEG have failed to get my tickets to me in time for the event.

It is entirely irrelevant that Elton has cancelled the gig, the fact remains that the ticket vendor has failed in their obligation to get what the customer bought from them in time for the event.

How the hell can this happen in this day and age ? Who ARE these incompetents ?
Anyone that reads this post and this thread in general and has had one or more bad experiences of their own regarding the Stones at Hyde Park, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE use the AEGLIVE feedback form and complain, because otherwise these mother***ers will just continue to treat people with complete contempt and history WILL repeat itself, there will be more of this s**t to come - of that we can be sure.

Here's the link to the thread that contains a further link to download an AEG complaints form ..........

[www.iorr.org]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: July 11, 2013 15:03

Paulywaul, from Monday, I'm all over this.

Date: July 11, 2013 15:20

flairville
Paulywaul, from Monday, I'm all over this.

Thanks, yes me too

Posted by: nobodyimportant ()
Date: July 11, 2013 15:29

paulywaul
It is entirely irrelevant that Elton has cancelled the gig, the fact remains that the ticket vendor has failed in their obligation to get what the customer bought from them in time for the event.

Absolutely. Free or not, you still need the ticket to get in.

Date: July 11, 2013 15:40

nobodyimportant
paulywaul

Absolutely. Free or not, you still need the ticket to get in.

Thank you

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: July 16, 2013 21:15

at least i want to say, after all this anger and worries with this shitty bst-ticket handling, the Tier 1 tix (without this bar, hopefully i downgraded them) have been worth the Money cool smiley

Date: July 16, 2013 21:20

Every note the Rolling Stones Play is worth some Money. At the end we all received our tickets on the spot, Hopefully it worked out for everybody well.
They should have made the will call on the first place for non UK residents. that would have avoided a lot of Trouble for us and for them.

Date: July 17, 2013 11:56

Agreed Grison, if we had known from the start and not just right before the concert, will-call would have been expected from we booked and therefore reduced the anxiety and annoyance considerably. Will-call worked out really well, for me anyway. And I feared the worst... winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous12345678910
Current Page: 10 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2167
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home