Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones at Hyde Park
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:05

Question: has the press picked up on this sorry state of affairs yet ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: AEG Ticket Chaos for Rolling Stones @ Hyde Park
Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:20

johnnythunders
I hesitate to post because what I have been told is very unhelpful, but here goes.

My July 6th Tier One + Barclay Unwind bar tickets have not yet arrived and the BST website is saying they have not been shipped yet. I live in the UK.

I just spent 20 minutes talking to a friendly guy from AEG (aka BST aka Frontgate)

He referred to the whole ticket thing as a "debacle". Apparently tickets are being posted from the US because it is cheaper and quicker than posting from the UK!

What I was advised
1. Don't believe your order status on the BST website - it is inaccurate
2. Unless you bought in the last 2 days your tickets have been sent
3. If they don't arrive by Wednesday, call AEG / BST and arrange to pick up from box office
4. PICK UP IS ONLY POSSIBLE ON DAY OF GIG

I challenged this last point, explaining that others on this board were being told to pick up Wednesday / Thursday / Friday. A manager who was called re-iterated "No advance pickup for tickets bought from BST"

So where does that leave us ? Everyone trying to pick up tickets on the day ? Golly

FrontGate were responding very quickly now; someone called Drew Bromley replied (I referred to what this guy advised you):

"You would be able to collect the tickets on Saturday from 9.30 am throughout the festival hours. I am not certain who is spreading that information but it is false. The order was not able to be shipped. I do apologize for any inconveniences and the box office will be adequately staffed to make the pick up process as smooth as possible."

So, pick up Saturday for us if we do not reach Box Office before closing time on Friday.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:27

OK, this is weird!
I've been accidentally cc'd with a message apparently from Rob Hallett to someone in the "customer support" staff:

Rob Why don't we set up collection point at 02 on the 5th?
Can't see many foreign customers arriving three says be for show and box office staff there anyway
Even Hammersmith

Someone is starting to get the general idea - good! Now all they have to do is implement some sensible plan
to show some consideration toward all the people they've horsed around, upset and angered with this mess.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 2, 2013 00:58

with sssoul
"Why don't we set up collection point at 02 on the 5th?"

Like a "kiosk" ?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 2, 2013 01:09

OK, somewhere closer to central London than the O2 would be even better, but still, if they're mulling additional collection points that can only be good . . .

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 2, 2013 01:15

I just do not understand why it needs to be so difficult? Just print the tickets and mail them as soon as they are sold. Secondary market be damned. That is called capitalism.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 2, 2013 01:36

I really hope for all of you who are still waiting on there tickets .......everything will work out fine on time.......

Date: July 2, 2013 10:00

Aquamarine
Just received this from Rob@AEG's email. Undoubtedly it will be yet another variation on the information already given out:
Please stay tuned to [www.bst-hydepark.com] as box office hours will be announced shortly.
We apologise for any inconvenience, and hope you enjoy the show.

I got something similar.
I'm hoping they've realized they need to make Thursday, Friday and Saturday collection available for everybody
[lighting the incense of Do the Right Thing Rob!]

LQ1977
"The order was not able to be shipped."

That's right, blame it on the tickets! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: July 2, 2013 10:22

I repeat my question from earlier: has ANYONE actually put the question to these people, WHY are tickets unable to be shipped ? I just find this all too bizarre for words.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 2, 2013 10:22

Good luck everyone - I hope this gets resolved in time for it not to spoil what should be a great day.

Date: July 2, 2013 10:28

They insist on my tickets being shipped 12 days ago. I wish I could trust them...

"JUL 01, 2013 | 04:22PM CDT
Drew Bromley replied:
Your order was posted on the 20th of June and is en route to you currently. This should be reaching you shortly. If for any reason you have not received your tickets the day prior your departure please let us know and we will arrange for new tickets to be held at the box office.
Thanks,
Customer Support Team
Front Gate Tickets
888 512 SHOW"

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: July 2, 2013 12:00

paulywaul
I repeat my question from earlier: has ANYONE actually put the question to these people, WHY are tickets unable to be shipped ? I just find this all too bizarre for words.

Oh Paulywaul, I have made so many phone calls and I spoke to so many people and everyone apologized, but nobody can really assist you.
For me this seems like that UK is going to be a fourth world country. Considdering that I received tickets in 2006/7 from very different countries in Europe a long time before the event where you would expect more mess, this is not very honorable to the Queen of England. smileys with beer.

Anyway somehow I take it as it comes, despite the fact that I couldn't sleep last night because I was so freaking awake of the damn situation.eye popping smiley

But we can't do nothing. At the end it will be a big mess at the will call like at the start of the US Tour with the 85$ pickups at the will call. It worked after the 2nd concert pretty well, but in England we have only two to go for now

Date: July 2, 2013 13:35

DandelionPowderman
They insist on my tickets being shipped 12 days ago. I wish I could trust them...

Drew Bromley replied:
Your order was posted on the 20th of June and is en route to you currently. This should be reaching you shortly. If for any reason you have not received your tickets the day prior your departure please let us know and we will arrange for new tickets to be held at the box office.
Thanks,
Customer Support Team
Front Gate Tickets
888 512 SHOW"

He said that?! I also had "Shipped 20June" in my order until Friday. Then it was changed to International COBO and I received an e-mail telling me I have to pick them up at the BoxOffice because they were "not able" to send them to me in time. What a load of BS, they had time on Friday to send it and for me to receive it before I leave! I believe you are in Norway also?

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: July 2, 2013 14:09

The saga rumbles on

Steven on Barclaycard Facebook just pointed me towards the Barclaycard PayBand team on 0844 7364220. Press option 2 and if you are lucky you will get through to a helpful guy called Jo Sale, who told me my passes were shipped yesterday(!)...but instead of 2 for the 6th and 2 for the 13th his records suggest I am getting 4 for the 6th!! He's gone of to have another check. The BST website is still claiming these items have yet to ship...

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 2, 2013 15:19

DandelionPowderman

Drew Bromley replied:
Thanks,
Customer Support Team
Front Gate Tickets
888 512 SHOW"

That is exactly the same Email I got from this person one week ago! My second inquiry went unanswered. Can anybody please tell me if for the Barclaycard Silly Bar Tier 2, do I have to collect the ticket AND the wristband at the same Box Office? This is getting very stressful now.

Date: July 2, 2013 15:55

For the Tier 2 Silly Bar people, the wristband IS your ticket, so you only need to pick up one thing at the South Entrance box office. smiling smiley

But yeah, this is more than stressful. I've never flown 4000 miles with no ticket in hand before. Sometimes I feel like crying and sometimes I feel like kneeing Rob Whatsisname in the nuts. confused smiley

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 2, 2013 16:07

Really angry to not received anything from AEG, I sent many emails to them.
They just answered to me and sent this map, I don't know if it can help you or not. Apparently, I have to pick up my tickets in the hospitality box office ON THE DAY of the show. I guess it will be in the south entrance...

Benjamin.

Date: July 2, 2013 16:23

They told you "the day of"? After they've been assuring people they can pick them up Thursday/Friday?Saturday (and, according to some accounts, Wednesday)?

That map is the one that's on Facebook--still no sign of Tiers marked in.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: July 2, 2013 16:30

"Your tickets are safe and printed.

You can collect them from out hospitality box office on the day – I have attached a map.

Kind Regards"

Benjamin.

Date: July 2, 2013 16:33

Oh, so not Silly Bar, then, otherwise they'd be wristbands. TOTALLY unnecessarily complicated--but in any case, seems like you ought to be able to pick them up earlier.

Date: July 2, 2013 16:36

I actually got an e-mail without sending them anything first.... Pick-up from Box Office Wed, Thu, Fri and Sat according to the e-mail I received (Hannah/Drew Bromley). So Saturday it is then...don´t think I will manage to be there Fri before closing time at 9 pm.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: July 2, 2013 16:37

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 16:39 by RobberBride.

Date: July 2, 2013 16:50

benstones
"Your tickets are safe and printed.

You can collect them from out hospitality box office on the day – I have attached a map.

Kind Regards"

Benstone, sorry but what sort of tickets did you buy?
The "hospitality entrance" is for the REALLY fancy-ass packages with the "King's View" platforms and so on.
If that's not what you bought, if I were you I'd make them clarify which NUMBER entrance to go to,
and why that box office won't be open from Wednesday through Saturday like all the others.

I suggest you write directly to Rob Hallett - he seems to be the only one making any sense today.

Date: July 2, 2013 16:59

with sssoul

The "hospitality entrance" is for the REALLY fancy-ass packages with the "King's View" platforms and so on.

I don't think I've even heard of these. confused smiley

Posted by: Gerda ()
Date: July 2, 2013 17:05

Aquamarine
For the Tier 2 Silly Bar people, the wristband IS your ticket, so you only need to pick up one thing at the South Entrance box office. smiling smiley

But yeah, this is more than stressful. I've never flown 4000 miles with no ticket in hand before. Sometimes I feel like crying and sometimes I feel like kneeing Rob Whatsisname in the nuts. confused smiley

thank you, Aquamarine. This is at least a bit of good news, even more if I can pick it up all Friday as well. Sorry if I am sounding obtuse now, but in light of this: why is Front Gate saying the ticket was shipped to me some 15 days ago (although that is obviously not the case) and Barclaycard on the other hand is shipping wristbands for the Backstage Silly Bar to UK people with the info "this is not a ticket"? So far I understood that these are two separate items and was convinced I needed both in order to get in. I'll be London-bound in 40hours with neither of the two items - lets just hope all works out fine.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 2, 2013 17:05

Got them today for both dates. I live in southern Italy.

Date: July 2, 2013 17:13

Gerda
Aquamarine

thank you, Aquamarine. This is at least a bit of good news, even more if I can pick it up all Friday as well. Sorry if I am sounding obtuse now, but in light of this: why is Front Gate saying the ticket was shipped to me some 15 days ago (although that is obviously not the case) and Barclaycard on the other hand is shipping wristbands for the Backstage Silly Bar to UK people with the info "this is not a ticket"? So far I understood that these are two separate items and was convinced I needed both in order to get in. I'll be London-bound in 40hours with neither of the two items - lets just hope all works out fine.

I think many of us were told falsely that our tickets had been shipped. The Barclaycard people seem to have discovered they can't get the tickets to us in time, and have changed to the wristbands that we have to pick up in London (and all we get is "souvenir" tickets). It seems that if you have the Silly Bar, Barclaycard info is the more reliable.

Date: July 2, 2013 17:48

Aquamarine
with sssoul

I don't think I've even heard of these. confused smiley

If you go to [www.bst-hydepark.com] then click on "hospitality packages", you can read all about them.
I guess they're all two-day deals.

If that's what benstones paid for and "customer service" are saying he can't pick up his tickets until show day,
they're even more pitifully demented than I thought.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-02 17:49 by with sssoul.

Date: July 2, 2013 17:57

Gerda
... and Barclaycard on the other hand is shipping wristbands for the Backstage Silly Bar to UK people with the info "this is not a ticket"?

As far as I know the purple wristbands = tickets to Tier 1-2, at least for people who paid for the Silly Bar add-on.
The blue wristbands are not tickets. They're paybands that UK residents can use to pay for stuff if they upload money to them,
and that anyone can use to (supposedly) get "fast track entrance" if they activate them.

As if that's not confusing enough, Barclaycard keeps calling both of them "paybands".
Maybe the purple ones also have that function if people put funds into them.

I imaging the wristbands that are arriving with the "this is not a ticket" designation
are blue paybands, not purple ticket-wristbands, if you see what I mean.

This is all giving me brain damage.

Date: July 2, 2013 18:02

LQ1977
DandelionPowderman

Drew Bromley replied:
Thanks,
Customer Support Team
Front Gate Tickets
888 512 SHOW"

He said that?! I also had "Shipped 20June" in my order until Friday. Then it was changed to International COBO and I received an e-mail telling me I have to pick them up at the BoxOffice because they were "not able" to send them to me in time. What a load of BS, they had time on Friday to send it and for me to receive it before I leave! I believe you are in Norway also?

Yep, I am. The whole thing is unbelievable.

What a bunch of amateurs...

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1733
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home