Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2013 16:52

"Any show is welcome, even if it was on the North Pole !"

+1

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 11, 2013 16:54

Gazza
stonesrule
Yes, they could sell out ten shows at MSG.

Yeah they could. If the average ticket price was in the $100-150 range. And if they were playing hardly or any shows anywhere else. Or if the shows were staggered over a period of about a year.

The three shows in Newark and Brooklyn last December werent exactly hard tickets. And they were the first and (at the time) only shows on the American continent for six years.

At $500 an average ticket price or whatever it is, the Stones will be lucky to sell two nights anywhere during a tour. And if they do, it'll be because lots of wannabe scalpers buy up the tickets and then get forced to resell them at a loss and/or because whatever promoter is dumb enough to pay them $4-5 million a show will end up being forced to do a firesale to fill the venue.
Agree Gazza,in 75 they sold out 6 shows at the garden,in 2014 with their prices,and doing the same show,NOT in a million years.....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2013 16:54

"Any show is welcome, even if it was on the North Pole !"

+1

but I still hope for a Budapest gig (or around like Vienna...etc.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-11 17:01 by 1962.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 11, 2013 17:13

ZIGGODOME AMSTERDAM

JEROEN

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2013 17:14

Grison
Gazza
stonesrule

Yeah they could. If the average ticket price was in the $100-150 range. And if they were playing hardly or any shows anywhere else. Or if the shows were staggered over a period of about a year.

The three shows in Newark and Brooklyn last December werent exactly hard tickets. And they were the first and (at the time) only shows on the American continent for six years.

At $500 an average ticket price or whatever it is, the Stones will be lucky to sell two nights anywhere during a tour. And if they do, it'll be because lots of wannabe scalpers buy up the tickets and then get forced to resell them at a loss and/or because whatever promoter is dumb enough to pay them $4-5 million a show will end up being forced to do a firesale to fill the venue.
Gazza as an old time favourite fan of the Stones you should know by now that they are not interessted in Sellout shows. You know why? Because they will be sold out anyway by ten minutes before the show starts. So why not starting with 500$ plus and hit the scalpers badly and the ones who can't wait and then getting easy tickets at a glimpse of the price.
It always seems like that people missed out the song Luxury which coexists pretty easy with It's only Rock and Roll cool smiley

The Stones may not be, but the promoters will be or they'll get their fingers very badly burned.

Dont count on too many promoters to be queuing up to bankroll a tour that will cost them $4-5 million per show to promote.

It doesnt take a lot of braincells to figure out the likely reason why there'll be no European tour this autumn after negotiations were at such an advanced stage for several shows there and why Dainty & Branson backed out of repeating their 2012 venture in North America this spring.

The system you describe may work for the band, but its a flawed and very risky formula for whoever has to fund the business model that allows it.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 11, 2013 17:25

Gazza

The Stones may not be, but the promoters will be or they'll get their fingers very badly burned.

Dont count on too many promoters to be queuing up to bankroll a tour that will cost them $4-5 million per show to promote.

It doesnt take a lot of braincells to figure out the likely reason why there'll be no European tour this autumn after negotiations were at such an advanced stage for several shows there and why Dainty & Branson backed out of repeating their 2012 venture in North America this spring.

thumbs up this is the only logical explanation....IMO

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 11, 2013 18:23

It's great news!!!!!!!

Hope for Budapest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news??? That there are not doing any shows as people thought? That's the only news.

The part about Mick being preoccupied with a film is obvious bullshit, as is the stuff about supposed shows in the future.

No promoter will guarantee them what they want, because the market is not there. As time goes by, the possibility of getting Keith, et al off their asses and on the road, ever, diminishes daily.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: September 11, 2013 18:26

I think they could sell out a couple of shows at MSG even at the inflated prices. Hell if they would let Mick T play on more songs I would even pay $5-600 to see that

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 11, 2013 19:01

ROPENI
michaelsavage
New York City! Madison Square Garden! 10 shows!
The only way they could play 10 shows at The Garden is if Mick and Keith stand naked in Times Square and give away tickets,on second thought at their age,not a pretty sight...confused smiley

Um, they would sell out in a minute

Date: September 11, 2013 19:03

Harm
Gazza

thumbs up this is the only logical explanation....IMO

hot smileysmileys with beer
AGREE
JEROEN

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 11, 2013 21:19

Gazza
Grison
Gazza
stonesrule

Gazza as an old time favourite fan of the Stones you should know by now that they are not interessted in Sellout shows. You know why? Because they will be sold out anyway by ten minutes before the show starts. So why not starting with 500$ plus and hit the scalpers badly and the ones who can't wait and then getting easy tickets at a glimpse of the price.
It always seems like that people missed out the song Luxury which coexists pretty easy with It's only Rock and Roll cool smiley

The system you describe may work for the band, but its a flawed and very risky formula for whoever has to fund the business model that allows it.
So we totally agree each other. Interstingwise the Promoters already burned their fingers during BtB Tour in Europe. Nobody did not realize that unknown Promoters at that time did offer high heel sums compare to the known ones and like in Germany got bankrupt. Branson by the why did not back out, he got kicked out for AEG Live who burned their fingers in the US. Mind you even the Promoters did get they part of the Show. It was rather a lack of Money for the third Party agencies.
Anyway such tealeaves can be discussed to whatever context.
And if they do it they do it and if they don't they have reasons not to do it.

Posted by: nico one ()
Date: September 11, 2013 21:51

Ahoy

Rotterdam

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2013 21:56

Grison
[Branson by the why did not back out, he got kicked out for AEG Live

thats one way of describing it.

Another would be that he figured it wasnt profitable enough and refused their asking price - leaving AEG to take up the slack with a lower offer.

hence the delay in announcing the shows.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 11, 2013 22:03

Gazza
Grison
[Branson by the why did not back out, he got kicked out for AEG Live

thats one way of describing it.

Another would be that he figured it wasnt profitable enough and refused their asking price - leaving AEG to take up the slack with a lower offer.

hence the delay in announcing the shows.
We can discuss this endlessly, at the end we would be happy to have some Rolling Stones Shows again. By the way the offer was higher than Branson's and saver for the Stones. You should know that better than me as I have only Brief knowledge, but that one with reliable sources.
Anyway let's go back to the rumours - where did I leave my tealeaves to read again ? grinning smiley

Date: September 11, 2013 23:46

nico one
Ahoy

Rotterdam

Would be nice,
Heineken Hall Amsterdam even better
jeroen

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: September 12, 2013 00:30

As far as I can see, the contents of that article from Austria was not echoed anywhere else, not only in UK or US media, but not even in other austrian or german news...

That doesn't add to the reliability of that source, IMHO... go figure ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 00:31 by waterrats.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 12, 2013 00:50

waterrats

As far as I can see, the contents of that article from Austria was not echoed anywhere else, not only in UK or US media, but not even in other austrian or german news...

Yes, reliable is this article not.

But it's possible that they have right. Mick Jagger will produce two films, the mentioned Elvis biopic as well as a James Brown biopic: [www.bbc.co.uk]

Maybe there is not enough time then for a Tour in the rest of 2013.

I can imagine well that the Stones would do the same in Europe 2014 as they have done one year ago in North America: 18 dates within two months, with a start in May.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 13:15 by Irix.

from Rockerparis FB
Posted by: Bob C. ()
Date: September 12, 2013 15:22

Rockerparis added a photo from September 11, 2013 to their timeline.

It looks like the European Autumn-Winter Tour from the ROLLING STONES had been postponed.

More likely a stadium Tour next spring-summer with, from what I've heard two shows in France: Stade de France and the new Stade de Nice in the south.
Fingers crossed.

Re: from Rockerparis FB
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 12, 2013 17:10

Bob C.

Fingers crossed.

Yesss ... fingers crossed - Stade de France would be cool (of course Olympia would be better) smiling smiley

It seems, that the article from Austria has become more and more right.

No Stones Tour in the rest of 2013? I can live with that. There are still the Discs/Videos from Hyde Park, Glastonbury or the other concerts from the 50&Counting Tour .....

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-12 18:05 by Irix.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: September 12, 2013 20:09

I thought The Rolling Stones will also play in the end of 2013, in Australia.

And in Latin America in early 2014.

Date: September 12, 2013 20:46

Ladykiller
I thought The Rolling Stones will also play in the end of 2013, in Australia.

And in Latin America in early 2014.
so when do they get to Antarctica? ANy time to squeeze it in this busy schedule?

Re: from Rockerparis FB
Date: September 12, 2013 20:47

Irix
Bob C.

Fingers crossed.

Yesss ... fingers crossed - Stade de France would be cool (of course Olympia would be better) smiling smiley

It seems, that the article from Austria has become more and more right.

No Stones Tour in the rest of 2013? I can live with that. There are still the Discs/Videos from Hyde Park, Glastonbury or the other concerts from the 50&Counting Tour .....
the only thing right is there is no tour. The rest is to keep interest up for DVD sales, etc.

Posted by: artofstone ()
Date: September 13, 2013 09:25

waterrats

That doesn't add to the reliability of that source, IMHO... go figure ...

right.
if that source was reliable, i would have been to at least 5 vienna- shows over the last year....
anyway, it keeps the hope for more shows in 2014, altough i would prefer indoor shows, let's see...

artofstone
exhibition on main st

european tour: fall/ winter 2013/14
Posted by: Hennishooter ()
Date: September 13, 2013 16:57

Hi there,
does anybody know anything particular about european gigs?
I.ve read rumors about shows in holland( Amsterdam) & germany( Berlin, Munich, cologne)
I-m dying to get further & serious informations

Re: european tour: fall/ winter 2013/14
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 13, 2013 17:00

Re: european tour: fall/ winter 2013/14
Date: September 13, 2013 17:21

Hennishooter
Hi there,
does anybody know anything particular about european gigs?
I.ve read rumors about shows in holland( Amsterdam) & germany( Berlin, Munich, cologne)
I-m dying to get further & serious informations

Is that you Keef, is that really you......

Jeroen

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 13, 2013 20:47

Broken record warning!

Do a southern leg of the US. Winter/Spring would be great. Gotta do NOLA too!

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: September 13, 2013 22:08

Southern US? I dunno about that at the current prices...

These cities would sell:

Dallas
Houston
Atlanta
Miami

after that it gets pretty sketchy...

New Orleans?
Charlotte?

Yeah, at Bigger Bang prices I could name about 15 cities, but not at 50 & Counting prices.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: September 13, 2013 22:48

How many McDonald's workers can afford to go the Stones concert in the USA?

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: September 13, 2013 22:50

How do you afford your Rock'n'Roll lifestyle?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1958
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home