Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 14, 2013 20:34

Stoneage
Rokyfan
Aquamarine
Ronnie didn't confirm anything, if you listen carefully--he said "hopefully" (twice) they'll get together for rehearsals in February, that's all. I mean, I hope they do too, and it does sound as if there will be more shows sometime, but certainly not a done deal.
Maybe he says "hopefully" because he has as much knowledge about this as you or I.

Of course Ronnie has more knowledge about this than the average IORR-reader. He is in the band! As a source you can't get closer than that unless you are talking to Keith or Sir Michael.
Much of the other 39 page rumour in this thread you can take with a pinch of salt though. Especially tabloid rumours and speculations from posters of sorts.
If Ronnie says that they will, fingers crossed, rehearse in February chances are quite big that they will actually do so!

Ronnie doesn't know, and he says hopefully, because there's nothing to know yet. When the Stones say nothing is firm, it's the truth. It certainly seems they are trying to do something. If it all comes together (meaning the $$$) and everyone is healthy, they will do something. But it's not decided yet, no deals made yet, no decisions whether they will play again or not. That's my opinion. And when it is decided, they will let Ronnie know, he is not part of the decisionmaking process.

(and people think if they close their eyes and wish hard enough, or act like it's a done deal, it will increase the chances)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-14 20:52 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 14, 2013 20:35

Again, I don't see what's to fret about. Hyde Park looked like the end.......of the 50th anniversary year tour. An emotional event on their hoew turf. Now Mick and Keith are attending to personal projects that keep them, and thus the Stones, a matter of media attention........until the next tour.

Posted by: drummer_dude ()
Date: October 14, 2013 21:42

New Orleans, LA Superdome please

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 15, 2013 14:54

Gazza
Stoneage
Rokyfan
Aquamarine
Ronnie didn't confirm anything, if you listen carefully--he said "hopefully" (twice) they'll get together for rehearsals in February, that's all. I mean, I hope they do too, and it does sound as if there will be more shows sometime, but certainly not a done deal.
Maybe he says "hopefully" because he has as much knowledge about this as you or I.

Of course Ronnie has more knowledge about this than the average IORR-reader. He is in the band! As a source you can't get closer than that unless you are talking to Keith or Sir Michael.
Much of the other 39 page rumour in this thread you can take with a pinch of salt though. Especially tabloid rumours and speculations from posters of sorts.
If Ronnie says that they will, fingers crossed, rehearse in February chances are quite big that they will actually do so!

Hmm...I wouldnt be so sure. By and large, I doubt he's far off the mark. I do expect them to tour in 2014, so its quite feasible that they've put some date around February or so as a starting point for working together as Mick (film production) and Keith (solo record) will hopefully have their side projects out of the way by then.

However, Ronnie does have a bit of a track record of talking up projects and plans that end up having no connection with what actually happens - eg at the start of the Bridges tour telling a reporter that the Stones now planned to release an album every 18 months or so from now on and that theyd have a new one for 1999 when the tour ended(who puts out an album AFTER a tour is over?) - presumably the reporter was deaf and he said 'one album every 18 years' instead. Throw in as well his comment at the start of the Licks tour where he speculated that at the theatre shows theyd play an album from start to finish ('we could do things like have an 'Exile' night). There's a few other examples. God love him, its great to read that he's creatively ambitious, but when it comes down to making big decisions, he's a minor piece in the jigsaw. Unfortunately.

there was an interview with him in (I think) the Sunday times magazine a couple of weeks ago. When asked about the band's future plans, he effectively said he had no idea. His manager butted in and mentioned that there were offers on the table and that everyone will know more before the end of the year (I'm paraphrasing here, but you get the drift). Ronnie genuinely didnt know, it seemed - and she then re-assured him that this was in fact the case.

It sort of reminds me sometimes of that ludicrously staged scene at the start of Zeppelin's 'The Song remains the same' movie when John Paul Jones is walking through a field, someone comes up and hands him an envelope and he exclaims 'ah! Tour dates!' - he opens it and with a bewildered look says 'this is tomorrow!'

Yes, Ronnie is certainly held on a leash. Probably because he has a tendency to talk more than the leader intends him to do. But I still I value his words higher than most of the speculations around here. Especially when it's recorded on tape for everyone to watch...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-15 20:15 by Stoneage.

Date: October 15, 2013 16:40

Ronnie was right the last time, remember smiling smiley

Posted by: chop ()
Date: October 15, 2013 18:11

Yea Ronnie is a bit loose lipped at times, however that was mostly "old Ronnie" and still under the influence. Now that he's supposedly clean and sober perhaps he can be more trusted and let back into the loop

It would make sense for them to lay low for a while to build up demand for such shows. They probably like the "are they done?" speculation anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-15 20:19 by chop.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: October 15, 2013 18:27

It's evident that nothing's signed and sealed as yet...but we can probably trust Ronnie's information that there are some plans afoot.

If there weren't something in discussion he wouldn't say that there is...whether the old pickled Ronnie or the current tea total version.winking smiley

Patience is the key...but always in short supply arroud these parts.grinning smiley

Posted by: Hennishooter ()
Date: October 15, 2013 20:57

Does anybody knows anything new & serious about the rumored european shows in fall/ winter 2013/14

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 15, 2013 22:43

They arent happening.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: October 15, 2013 23:44

10 shows at the NEW Madison Square Garden, their true home

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 16, 2013 01:22

michaelsavage

Their opening words on the Hyde Park DVD say everything about where they consider their true home to be - as if we didn't know already.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: October 16, 2013 01:45

whatever...but we know

Date: October 16, 2013 03:36

michaelsavage

They might need to have a word with Elton and Billy Joel for squatting in their 'home', seeing as theyve both played there dozens more times down the years.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 16, 2013 03:39

A heard a local DJ on the radio today say that Mick Jagger just confirmed a 2014 tour of European and Asian cities.

Date: October 16, 2013 03:52

he hasnt. there's not a whisper of such an interview or quote anywhere.

The guy probably thought he could make that up, safe in the knowledge that the Stones playing or not playing those places affects hardly anyone in the area he's broadcasting in.

Either that or he's taken Ronnie's recent radio quote about hoping to play other places in 2014, switched it to Mick Jagger because it sounds more impressive and twisted it into a 'confirmation'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-16 03:54 by Gazza.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: October 16, 2013 04:21

DandelionPowderman
Ronnie was right the last time, remember smiling smiley

smileys with beer

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: October 16, 2013 05:33

The Sicilian
A heard a local DJ on the radio today say that Mick Jagger just confirmed a 2014 tour of European and Asian cities.
Mick just confirmed a tour and nobody knows it except one DJ? This belongs in the thread predicting 10 MSG shows, and all the other fantasies.

Maybe he said that they are "working on," or "trying to put together," or "considering offers," or the like. One thing he did not do is confirm anything. People don't know the meaning of words anymore.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 16, 2013 06:45

Rokyfan
The Sicilian
Mick just confirmed a tour and nobody knows it except one DJ? This belongs in the thread predicting 10 MSG shows, and all the other fantasies.

Maybe he said that they are "working on," or "trying to put together," or "considering offers," or the like. One thing he did not do is confirm anything. People don't know the meaning of words anymore.

That is exactly the way I heard it. The DJ is a seasoned veteran at a major rock station with absolutely no history of fabrications. He also said that there was no word of any US shows at this time.

I was surprised when I heard it and of course the first place I checked for verification was here. I had not been on the site for awhile so I expected to see a thread on it immediately but found nothing but this one. I suppose that a phone call to the station tomorrow to fact check his story is in order.

Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: October 16, 2013 07:11

There is a rumour going around Australia at present that the Stones are being sought after as the headline (or only) act at the official opening of the revamped Adelaide Cricket Ground in South Australia, and that Paul Dainty is involved to some extent. That couold be plausible for around April next year and presumably after a far East Tour, and after of course they play their first show in my hometown, Perth, on their way through ala VL - '95!?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 16, 2013 09:50

Gazza
or he's taken Ronnie's recent radio quote about hoping to play other places in 2014, switched it to Mick Jagger

Wouldn't be the first time that Mick was confused with another band member

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: boynamedsue69 ()
Date: October 16, 2013 10:24

Paulhanrahan
There is a rumour going around Australia at present that the Stones are being sought after as the headline (or only) act at the official opening of the revamped Adelaide Cricket Ground in South Australia, and that Paul Dainty is involved to some extent. That couold be plausible for around April next year and presumably after a far East Tour, and after of course they play their first show in my hometown, Perth, on their way through ala VL - '95!?

was alerted to this rumour today myself that the South Australian government is wanting the Stones to open the new Adelaide oval. Ohh if only, not the first raod trip to Adelaide to see the Stones. just have to wait and see...

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 16, 2013 11:22

.. again I go back to read tealeaves.

At the moment that procedure seem to give a more appropriate rumours than anything mentioned in this threadeye rolling smiley

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: October 16, 2013 15:02

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-16 15:25 by Stonesfan16.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 16, 2013 15:37

Rolling Hansie
Gazza
or he's taken Ronnie's recent radio quote about hoping to play other places in 2014, switched it to Mick Jagger

yeah right Hansie...next you're going to suggest it wasn't Jagger that Margaret Trudeau had the affair with.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: October 16, 2013 15:55

treaclefingers
Rolling Hansie
Gazza

yeah right Hansie...next you're going to suggest it wasn't Jagger that Margaret Trudeau had the affair with.

...or admitted to some undercover News of the World reporters that he regularly used dope...

Date: October 16, 2013 18:34

Does Charlie know?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: October 16, 2013 21:43

my two cents , the money is not right . so it's no dice .

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 16, 2013 22:04

i think a little european tour in April.
10 date in Arena like O2/2012 concerts
Paris,Barcelona,Amsterdam, Scandinavy and Germany.
Sici

Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: October 17, 2013 02:07

Gazza
he hasnt. there's not a whisper of such an interview or quote anywhere.

The guy probably thought he could make that up, safe in the knowledge that the Stones playing or not playing those places affects hardly anyone in the area he's broadcasting in.

Either that or he's taken Ronnie's recent radio quote about hoping to play other places in 2014, switched it to Mick Jagger because it sounds more impressive and twisted it into a 'confirmation'.

Gaz, long time buddy, as for the stones playing euro, i would think they will, possibly starting again in the spring in the USA, then, the usual summer tour of euro in 2014, maybe some others in asia, etc. winking smiley

"Beauty is only skin deep, we're all the same underneath." (KR) Love Is Strong...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 17, 2013 09:41

Gazza
Does Charlie know?

Shirley does not.

Jeroen

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1820