Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 58
Re: european tour: fall/ winter 2013/14
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 14, 2013 01:38

BowieStone
Go nuts.

LOL, wonderful smileys with beer Cheers mate

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Date: September 14, 2013 01:40

rollingon
How many McDonald's workers can afford to go the Stones concert in the USA?

You mean McDonald's workers in Europe ?

-------------------

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 14, 2013 09:59

Rolling Hansie
rollingon
How many McDonald's workers can afford to go the Stones concert in the USA?

You mean McDonald's workers in Europe ?
Do you know how many workers are cheated in Germany with 1 Euro per day Jobs???
And that won't Change with any other Chancler....

Posted by: Dande ()
Date: September 19, 2013 15:09

Bruce Springsteen has been using the same stage for several years now. I think a lot of Stones´ fans would like them to go back to the basics, no frills tour. The tour would be cheaper to manage and there wouldn´t be need for venture capital. The band could easily bankroll everything themselfs. Could leave impact on ticket prices.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 19, 2013 16:39

MAD SQUARE GARDEN - Their home! - 10 shows

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: September 20, 2013 16:45

Australian supergroup The Dead Daisies have a new member - Darryl Jones, bass player for the Rolling Stones since 1994.

The Dead Daisies have been in a studio in Los Angeles this week working on new music.

"Had another day in the studio today and was great to have Darryl Jones bassist in the session as he'll be joining us for our tour of the UK in November/December," the band announced on Facebook.

Jones joined the Stones after the departure of founding member Bill Wyman. He has played on the three Stones albums, Wyman's departure Voodoo Lounge (1994), Bridges To Babylon (1997) and A Bigger Bang (2005).

The Dead Daisies' other connection to the Stones is drummer Charley Drayton, who also plays in Keith Richard's band.

The Dead Daisies have just wrapped up a US tour with Jane's Addiction and Alice In Chains. They will tour the UK in November with Black Star Riders.

The Dead Daisies features Australia's Jon Stevens on vocals and David Lowy on guitar.

[au.news.yahoo.com]

And this is from the Dead Daisies website:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-20 16:47 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: September 20, 2013 17:51

There will be plenty of shows in 2014, no need to fret.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: September 21, 2013 23:17

Now this german website points at a tour in May 2014 too:

[www.wegotit.at]

Date: September 21, 2013 23:35

Stonesfan16
Now this german website points at a tour in May 2014 too:

[www.wegotit.at]

That's an Austrian website

-------------------

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 22, 2013 08:50

Rolling Hansie

Stonesfan16

[www.wegotit.at]

That's an Austrian website

Yes - and the content of this article is nearly the same as in this original Austrian article.

The difference is, that the newer article says the Stones will play 2 times in the Vienna City Hall and the older article said in the Ernst-Happel-Stadium.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-22 10:35 by Irix.

Date: September 22, 2013 11:17

Right, Irix

-------------------

Date: September 25, 2013 05:25

Woz

But, will they build those shows around new music?

DW, (I am pretty sure it's you) can you foresee a new album? Are you going to produce it? Do you think they still have it to record new music?

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 25, 2013 16:02

JumpinJackOLantern
Woz

DW, (I am pretty sure it's you) can you foresee a new album? Are you going to produce it? Do you think they still have it to record new music?

Since I'm curious - what exactly brings you to this assumption?

Date: September 26, 2013 03:40

muenke
JumpinJackOLantern
Woz

Since I'm curious - what exactly brings you to this assumption?

A vivid imagination?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 26, 2013 03:55

More likely, a tremendous need for attention.

Date: September 26, 2013 04:18

stonesrule

Do you have any idea what it's like to be on "stage" under the "spotlight" from the time you were a young man? At some point you grow old, the lights dim, but that feeling just won't go away. Why do you think the Stones keep going?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: September 26, 2013 04:51

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

Do you have any idea what it's like to be on "stage" under the "spotlight" from the time you were a young man? At some point you grow old, the lights dim, but that feeling just won't go away. Why do you think the Stones keep going?

Yes, I do. On an infinitely smaller scale. But even so, the feeling is very strong. Once you have rocked, you can't stop.

Date: September 26, 2013 04:59

jazzbass
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

Yes, I do. On an infinitely smaller scale. But even so, the feeling is very strong. Once you have rocked, you can't stop.

I am not a musician but I was thrust into the spotlight at an early age by my father who had dreams of me being a major college level quarterback. I had the talent, but it was his dream, not mine.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: September 26, 2013 05:05

JumpinJackOLantern
I am not a musician but I was thrust into the spotlight at an early age by my father who had dreams of me being a major college level quarterback. I had the talent, but it was his dream, not mine.

So that's your purpose here? To "win one more for the Gipper Micker"?

Date: September 26, 2013 05:08

stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern

By gawd, stone hearted, I think you have nailed it! Brilliant! smileys with beer

Date: September 26, 2013 05:28

JumpinJackOLantern
stonehearted
JumpinJackOLantern

By gawd, stone hearted, I think you have nailed it! Brilliant! smileys with beer

And Glastonbury was that "one more!"

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 26, 2013 13:43

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

money .

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 26, 2013 14:07

TheGreek
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

money .

The glory.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 26, 2013 14:15

latebloomer
TheGreek
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

money .

The glory.

Why not???

And of course they (Mick and Keith) are addicted to be The Rolling Stones

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 26, 2013 14:48

JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

They dont 'keep going'. They're inactive for years at a time, eventually get a bit bored doing other stuff or nothing at all (depending on which band member you're talking about) then decide it's time to keep up the pretence that they're an active, evolving band by doing a couple of dozen shows - enough to satisfy the 'hunger' of being the Biggest Grossing Act of the year. Then the machine goes into hibernation again. Rinse and repeat.

Bob Dylan 'keeps going'. So does Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Prince and others who have a different work ethic towards their craft. The Stones cease to exist as a working band for long periods and even in that downtime the individual members are for the most part musically inactive. They're effectively semi-retired since about 2007. But even retired or semi-retired people get bored doing nothing every so often, and that's especially the case if you're a musician conditioned to years of performing or being on the road. So, naturally they'll work together sporadically - and it's a very nice incentive to get paid very well for doing so. They've shown no inclination that they'd do it if they weren't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-26 14:49 by Gazza.

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: September 26, 2013 17:25

Gazza
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

They dont 'keep going'. They're inactive for years at a time, eventually get a bit bored doing other stuff or nothing at all (depending on which band member you're talking about) then decide it's time to keep up the pretence that they're an active, evolving band by doing a couple of dozen shows - enough to satisfy the 'hunger' of being the Biggest Grossing Act of the year. Then the machine goes into hibernation again. Rinse and repeat.

Bob Dylan 'keeps going'. So does Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Prince and others who have a different work ethic towards their craft. The Stones cease to exist as a working band for long periods and even in that downtime the individual members are for the most part musically inactive. They're effectively semi-retired since about 2007. But even retired or semi-retired people get bored doing nothing every so often, and that's especially the case if you're a musician conditioned to years of performing or being on the road. So, naturally they'll work together sporadically - and it's a very nice incentive to get paid very well for doing so. They've shown no inclination that they'd do it if they weren't.

Very right there Gazza! What a great way to live, I would I could do so! A pitty for us that is....

Date: September 26, 2013 18:35

Gazza
JumpinJackOLantern
stonesrule

True, a better way of putting it would be that they keep coming back. Outside of Charlie I think rest of them are addicted to the limelight. The pay checks are a nice little bonus I am sure.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: September 30, 2013 20:17

Read this on a website, but don`t think that it`s true:

"Rolling Stones Buenos Aires Tickets. Thursday, 13 March 2014, 8:00 PM. Estadio Monumental de Núñez River Plate, Buenos Aires. Tickets. Rolling Stones."

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 30, 2013 20:34

Ticketbis? Reseller.

Not a very popular one in some quarters - Warning Avoid Ticketbis

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: October 1, 2013 03:47

Mick could have the tour next year all booked but is saying nothing, why? well you have to book hotels for after show stay dont you book that well in advance.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home