Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 58
Re: Any statement soon?
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: September 10, 2013 18:17

latebloomer
paulywaul
latebloomer
schillid
I will make a statement soon.

I'll alert the media.

Well if you two are putting out statements and alerts, I'd better start another announcement thread !! I can't allow myself to be out-manoeuvred, especially by people who know nothing !!

Er ......... so what are we stating exactly, and what are we supposed to be alerted to ? winking smiley The reason I ask, is because I've actually got precisely f**k all to announce at this moment in time, so I was wondering whether you two didn't know something that I already didn't ? cool smiley

Lets ask the Daily Mail what's going on, they ALWAYS know !! grinning smiley

I am merely schillid's press secretary. Please hold your questions until after the initial statement.

OK fine. For one dreadful moment there I thought I was the only one that knew nothing, but it seems that everyone else on Planet RS actually also know nothing. This is a great comfort, I can sleep easy now. Phew ..... what a relief !!

Still, I'm all ears for more information of course, especially if it's based on nothing but hearsay and is entirely unsubstantiated. So if you hear something that is of no worth or probable truthfulness whatsoever, don't hesitate to pass it on to me soonest ......... fankyew fankyew fankyew !! There ain't nuthin' quite like "not knowin' a thang" !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: Grison ()
Date: September 10, 2013 18:56

[www.oe24.at]

I know this is in German and I did found it first on the German fellows Stonessite. Thanks.

To make it short: Tour delayed because of Jagger's Engagement in the Elvis films. Announcement of new Dates in March, rehearsals in April, Shows in May accross Europe. It has been said that they would do Stadium Shows.

Still I doubt the Stadium Shows, but one never knows.

Posted by: Stonesfan16 ()
Date: September 10, 2013 19:01

Good news. Now they have enough time to build a stadium stage. Hope the prices will be better then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-10 19:11 by Stonesfan16.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: September 10, 2013 22:05

Grison

[www.oe24.at]

Thanks for the info, Grison smiling smiley

Here a little translation:

9th September 2013 19:55

Stones roll in 2014 to Vienna
Because of the Elvis movie, Jagger shifts the Rolling Stones tour. Now they want into the stadium.

"Tour announcement in March, rehearsals in April, Tour start in May. This is the new schedule for the Rolling Stones in 2014! As Mick Jagger is working with his film company ‘Jagged Films’ on a highly lucrative Elvis-Presley-Biography, the for autumn planned european concerts have now been postponed to spring 2014. From May on, the Stones will play in at least 14 cities. Amsterdam, Paris, Oslo, Antwerp and three concerts in Germany are in the schedule. Also a Vienna concert is considered as fixed. Was still the town hall being considered for autumn, the Stones now prefer the Happel Stadium again for their farewell concert. As a taster, there is the Live-DVD ‘Sweet Summer Sun’ from 8th November on, a recording of the Hyde Park concert from July with 19 classics such as ‘Start Me Up’, ‘Miss You’ and ‘Satisfaction’."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-11 12:30 by Irix.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: September 10, 2013 22:23

Stonesfan16
Good news. Now they have enough time to build a stadium stage. Hope the prices will be better then.

No it's not good news. Any delay makes it less likely any tour will happen. The rest of this "announcement," whoever it came from, the bit about when and where they will play in 2014, is just speculative BS.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: September 11, 2013 00:56

New York City! Madison Square Garden! 10 shows!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: September 11, 2013 02:02

So, maybe the MSG shows will be Nov-Dec of 2014, after the movies are done and the Spring European Tour is done....sounds good to me! I love seeing the Stones in NYC!!

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: September 11, 2013 03:38

WAIT...paulywaul didn't you announce a show in your garden? The wall guaranteeing the privacy a small gig needs? What happened...damn I was hoping to pull strings and get in!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2013 03:51

Stonesfan16

Its not news at all. Its speculation. Especially the 'farewell concert' nonsense. Not to mention that theyre even announcing a date when they start rehearsals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-11 03:52 by Gazza.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: September 11, 2013 03:56

Rehearsals that conflict with rumored shows in South America.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: September 11, 2013 04:04

Somebody let me know when I need to get tickets and make some travel plans.

I'll just wait here...

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: September 11, 2013 04:12

michaelsavage
New York City! Madison Square Garden! 10 shows!
The only way they could play 10 shows at The Garden is if Mick and Keith stand naked in Times Square and give away tickets,on second thought at their age,not a pretty sight...confused smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: daytime ()
Date: September 11, 2013 05:41

I think they will finish next year summer or fall in the USA.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 11, 2013 06:55

Yes, they could sell out ten shows at MSG.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 11, 2013 08:02

European promotors didn't probably give them a guaranteed fix to do an European indoor "tour" hence the Elvis excuse and talks about a stadium tour (lower prices??) instead

Date: September 11, 2013 08:05

stonesrule
10 shows at the Garden would be a dream come true!

Date: September 11, 2013 09:35

Gazza

Its not news at all. Its speculation. Especially the 'farewell concert' nonsense.

Regarding to Austria, it might be a "farewell concert".

As far as I can see, the Stones have played only 13 shows in Austria from 1965 to 2006.

Austria got at least one concert per tour in the last 3 decades. It's questionable if the Stones will make a 'Tour' in the distant future or if there are only some concerts from time to time 'here and there'. Austria might be too small - respectively the Ernst-Happel-Stadium is too big - for something like this in the future .....

Apart from that, it's not unlikely that the Stones will do the same in spring 2014 in Europe as they have done one year ago in North America.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-11 12:20 by Irix.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 11, 2013 10:58

Irix
Gazza

Its not news at all. Its speculation. Especially the 'farewell concert' nonsense.

Regarding to Austria, it might be a 'farewell concert'.

As far as I can see, the Stones have played only 13 shows in Austria from 1965 to 2006.

Austria got at least one concert per tour in the last 3 decades. It's questionable if the Stones will make a 'Tour' in the distant future or if there are only some concerts from time to time 'here and there'. Austria might be too small - respectively the Ernst-Happel-Stadium is too big - for something like this in the future .....

Apart from that, it's not unlikely that the Stones will do the same in spring 2014 in Europe as they have done one year ago in North America.

Haha, i tell you they will NEVER do a farewell show in any country, the will rock untill somebody of them drop. Then it's over.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 11, 2013 11:11

If this "news' is true, it's not realy good news at all.
Most of us wanna have at least indoor shows, not big stadium shows, where they probably will play the well known greatest hits stuff.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: September 11, 2013 11:33

It's great news!!!!!!!

Hope for Budapest!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: September 11, 2013 11:37

GJV
Most of us wanna have at least indoor shows, not big stadium shows, where they probably will play the well known greatest hits stuff.

One thing is quite striking. This newspaper always gives out rumours about speculative tours and shows. I wonder if they source is reading the tealeaves the Stones may have send to them.

People are always thinking that the prices will be reduced for a stadium show. But mind you the stadium shows will not be that much cheaper than the arena shows in the US. That is only a dream in a wasteland. If they scale down the shows to 19 and less then two hours like in Hyde Park it will be a lesser show for lesser prices. Very simple. It is still the Stones though

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: September 11, 2013 12:02

Irix
As Mick Jagger is working with his film company ‘Jagged Films’ on a highly lucrative Elvis-Presley-Biography, the for autumn planned european concerts have now been postponed to spring 2014.

That does it. Now Keith will show him the blade ...

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 11, 2013 13:03

Yeah! NOW we're talking!cool smiley

Date: September 11, 2013 13:20

JumpinJeppeFlash

Haha, i tell you they will NEVER do a farewell show in any country, the will rock until somebody of them drop. Then it's over.

Yes, you're right - the Stones will never do a farewell show.

But: Austria got the last concert in 2006. If the Stones are playing there in 2014 again, then the next after that would be 2022. Hope, that we will see a 60th anniversary tour - or 2014 was a "farewell" at least for Austria ..... winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-09-11 13:25 by Irix.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 11, 2013 15:08

stonesrule

Yeah they could. If the average ticket price was in the $100-150 range. And if they were playing hardly or any shows anywhere else. Or if the shows were staggered over a period of about a year.

The three shows in Newark and Brooklyn last December werent exactly hard tickets. And they were the first and (at the time) only shows on the American continent for six years.

At $500 an average ticket price or whatever it is, the Stones will be lucky to sell two nights anywhere during a tour. And if they do, it'll be because lots of wannabe scalpers buy up the tickets and then get forced to resell them at a loss and/or because whatever promoter is dumb enough to pay them $4-5 million a show will end up being forced to do a firesale to fill the venue.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 11, 2013 15:39

Hope its still gonne be Ziggodome Amsterdam, and not that awful Arena.

Heineken Music Hall would suit me fine, by the way, only 5000 people.

Jeroen

Date: September 11, 2013 15:55

Gazza
stonesrule

Yeah they could. If the average ticket price was in the $100-150 range. And if they were playing hardly or any shows anywhere else. Or if the shows were staggered over a period of about a year.

The three shows in Newark and Brooklyn last December werent exactly hard tickets. And they were the first and (at the time) only shows on the American continent for six years.

At $500 an average ticket price or whatever it is, the Stones will be lucky to sell two nights anywhere during a tour. And if they do, it'll be because lots of wannabe scalpers buy up the tickets and then get forced to resell them at a loss and/or because whatever promoter is dumb enough to pay them $4-5 million a show will end up being forced to do a firesale to fill the venue.
Gazza as an old time favourite fan of the Stones you should know by now that they are not interessted in Sellout shows. You know why? Because they will be sold out anyway by ten minutes before the show starts. So why not starting with 500$ plus and hit the scalpers badly and the ones who can't wait and then getting easy tickets at a glimpse of the price.
It always seems like that people missed out the song Luxury which coexists pretty easy with It's only Rock and Roll cool smiley

Posted by: HappyRambler ()
Date: September 11, 2013 16:43

Speak for yourself....
Or did you hire an Investigation Agency ?

Any show is welcome, even if it was on the North Pole !

Date: September 11, 2013 16:45

JumpinJeppeFlash
Irix
Gazza

Regarding to Austria, it might be a 'farewell concert'.

Haha, i tell you they will NEVER do a farewell show in any country, the will rock untill somebody of them drop. Then it's over.

Speak for yourself....

Date: September 11, 2013 16:47

GJV

Speak for yourself....

Sorry others, This was the thread I was responding

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2066
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home