Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 58
Re: Rumoured Rolling Stones shows 2013-2014
Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 19, 2013 00:32

Oh God, all my T shirts are out of date already!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 19, 2013 01:45

Remember that amazing tour when they brought Mick Taylor back? Those were the days!

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: July 19, 2013 03:37

Well, if you can take my word for it, it aint over yet. More info coming as soon as we get it.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 19, 2013 15:29

Great, hey if you've heard of any rumours I'll be happy to hear them now!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: July 19, 2013 16:55

Not a rumor, just a wish...

Detroit.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 19, 2013 17:01

Wish: Budapest

Posted by: jhrock83 ()
Date: July 20, 2013 12:53

paris bercy ?

Posted by: Riffkeef ()
Date: July 20, 2013 18:40

Camping Pont les Moulins?

Posted by: rolles ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:29

Berlin would be good.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 20, 2013 21:25

What's the latest?

Stones Taking an August Breather to Regroup (Both Bruce and Stones)
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 20, 2013 19:49

Many IOOR members are convinced that the Stones will play Europe first after the August Break.

I saw them in Boston (2nd Show), which may be the finest concert thus far. I think the performance was supreme. The setlist was perfect. The inclusion of "Whip Comes Down" was a surprise! But most importlantly Emotional Rescue was so damn good! Memory Motel as well.

I only hope that they are now Considering the States and cover the Southern half of the U.S. before heading to Europe or S. America-no offense.

Again, I'm only Speculating & Hoping -but they sound better than ever!! Of course, I really want to see them again down here in the currently rain soaked Miami/Ft Laud area before they venture to other continents.

If not-then I'm facing a year to see them both again. Damn!

On another subject, will Bruce play some more American dates, including more Southern venues before heading into September Scheduled S. America Concerts.

I also hope Bruce doesn't make Florida pay for the crazy Stand your ground or Self Defense laws that simply counter common sense.

I am really clueless on both Stones and E-Street agendas at this point. Both groups are more or less taking August off to be with family and to take care of personal business.

Any thoughts or insight?

C Fountain

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-20 19:58 by Chris Fountain.

Re: Stones Taking a August Breather to Regroup (Both Bruce and Stones)
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:06

Seems as though they will continue this tour, but I'd doubt North America for the next leg.

They'll tour like McCartney now, little bits here and there, and maybe sprinkle in another album for good measure.

This could potentially continue for a very long time, as in until one of the core is unable to actually play anymore.

Just no pressure on them when all they commit to is a handful of shows here and there.

That way, they never actually get 'rusty' either....this could be a very good thing at this stage in their lives, and good for fans.

Re: Stones Taking an August Breather to Regroup (Both Bruce and Stones)
Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:06

30 Stones shows (including small clubs and theatres) so far and 23 of them in the US. No full-scale shows outside the US+London.

I know we'd all like more, but maybe somebody else should get a share?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:13

It would only be fair for them to play Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Greece) now. The rest of us ie UK and US have had our dose. Hopefully after that they could go onto Australia and then South America. I have a feeling Keith might want to thank New Zealand even!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:14

No, it's Europe's turn, definitely. I would like to see a few more UK cities visited, too: Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:26

What a polite bunch you all are! Taking turns is certainly important, we learn it in pre-school. But, I suspect the Stones will tour where they want to, hopefully they will start in Europe. But, being a selfish, impatient American, I'll only feel a little badly if us Yanks get to cut to the front of the line. winking smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 20, 2013 20:51

Big Al
No, it's Europe's turn, definitely. I would like to see a few more UK cities visited, too: Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Glasgow, Cardiff, Belfast.

Agree with this, come to Brum Mick.

Date: July 20, 2013 20:57

odean73

Agree with this, come to Brum Mick.

It's hard to believe that a British act hasn't visited England's second largest city for 40 years. They also haven't performed Belfast for nigh on 50 years! 1965 being the last visit, I think. You know what? Take London out of the equation, and you'll see that they've really neglected the UK since they became tax exiles in '71. The UK tour that year really was 'goodbye'.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: July 21, 2013 00:06

they neglect glasgow too.

since 1976 think they done glasgows apollo in 76 and 82.

then nothing till hampden in 1990.

then secc twice in 2003 followed by hampden in 2006.

also played edinburgh in 1999 and aberdeen in 1982.

not much else.

Posted by: Christopher ()
Date: July 21, 2013 02:18

The experts say Austrailia is where the touring money is now.
They'll make it there.

Date: July 21, 2013 02:31

buttons67

not much else.

Well thank yourself lucky you're not a Welshman!

Cardiff: 1966, 1990, 2006... and that's it! 4 welsh shows in 40 years!

Date: July 21, 2013 02:32

Big Al
buttons67

not much else.

Well thank yourself lucky you're not a Welshman!

Cardiff: 1966, 1990, 2006... and that's it! 3 welsh shows in 40 years!

Posted by: johnhenry ()
Date: July 21, 2013 03:38

Bruce has a house about 15 minutes from my house in Florida. I dont think he would not play here but keep a house. Who knows?

Date: July 21, 2013 03:49

Christopher
The experts say Austrailia is where the touring money is now.
They'll make it there.

Seriously? wow...

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: July 21, 2013 04:12

Agree with those that say the European continent is next, maybe in the fall. The U.S. had its turn and all the cities that matter got shows. Now it's Europe's turn.

Re: Bruce - A show in Chile has been announced and they might add one or two more shows in South America. But Rio will be the final show of the Wrecking Ball tour. Forget about any more U.S. shows this fall. At least, that's the conventional wisdom.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: July 21, 2013 05:21

Roscoe
Agree with those that say the European continent is next, maybe in the fall. The U.S. had its turn and all the cities that matter got shows. Now it's Europe's turn.

Re: Bruce - A show in Chile has been announced and they might add one or two more shows in South America. But Rio will be the final show of the Wrecking Ball tour. Forget about any more U.S. shows this fall. At least, that's the conventional wisdom.
bny,
Speculation. Only Chicagwe simly so now know.o, Philly, Anaheim, Toronto, other northern cities mmatte r?Doesn.t Matter.We don;t really know.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 21, 2013 10:20

Are you on your phone, or is there a new code on this board that my new computer doesn't understand? grinning smiley

I agree that we really don't know--my feeble guess would be Europe and South America, then maybe more US in 2014. Which would give me time to save a bit more $$$, I guess.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-21 10:21 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: July 21, 2013 11:41

crumbling_mice
It would only be fair for them to play Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Italy, Greece) now. The rest of us ie UK and US have had our dose. Hopefully after that they could go onto Australia and then South America. I have a feeling Keith might want to thank New Zealand even!

With the economy in Southern Europe can't see any promoter taking the risk...if the band wants 4 million to go on stage, I just feel Italy Portugal Spain Greece are all out of bounds. Maybe even France too. Germany Benelux and Scandanavia still possible and maybe UK again (London, anyway)

Posted by: island01 ()
Date: July 21, 2013 11:56

exhpart

With the economy in Southern Europe can't see any promoter taking the risk...if the band wants 4 million to go on stage, I just feel Italy Portugal Spain Greece are all out of bounds. Maybe even France too. Germany Benelux and Scandanavia still possible and maybe UK again (London, anyway)

I agree with you. If they charge that much for arena show, average price of the ticket must be over 220 dollars or euros for 18000 seats arena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-07-21 12:36 by island01.

Posted by: marko ()
Date: July 21, 2013 12:08

then,you can count Finland out as well i think 200euros is top price here,what people would pay..

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 58

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1869
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home