Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift - all comments go here!
Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:51

If mick jagger married taylor swift and took on her name..itd be "Mick taylor swift"
Uncanny or what.?
Mick taylor fans will see this as an obvious sign of something and now bombard gazza at ro demanding answers..

I aint been drinking

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:03

-
James Kirk
-"if keith knew who these people were he would not allow it"

-
rokyfan
-"this is the one thing that makes me think that keith is out of it"

thanks for the posts guys,they really warmed my heart.it took me back to a more simple time when there were legions of people who roamed the earth living in a world where keith richards was a torch bearer for roots rock,oldtime blues and all that was good about music.

problem is ...well, i'm sort of the guy on the board who tells the kids there is no santa clause.

1,its like this-keith is in show business,just like mick,actually with mick.if you go on wire image you'll see a great shot of keith backstage with his arms around the boy band n'sync.
a few years later the stones had n'sync member justin timberlake onstage with them.it was most likely because of a friendship he struck up with mr richards a few years before.

2.keiths daughters are friends with taylor swift.he's probably had her over to the house and known her for ages.

3.keith dressed up like a pirate for a disney movie.

4.keith signed the contract that =$600 tickets

the good news is it doesnt matter,its show business,not real life.just take it easy and have some fun.

[but i cant help but think,wouldnt it be great if we all had our own mick jagger.a guy who could be blamed for everything we did that people didnt like and then we could take credit for everything else,that would be awesome]

Posted by: gtrplyr ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:37

It bummed me out to see all the negative comments about Swift here. Most had nothing to do with her performance, but were just slamming her for being popular. I'm not sure how she is "worse" than Katy Perry or Lady Gaga. In fact, she writes more of her own material and plays more instruments than either of the other two. Not to mention she's at least 5 years younger.

You guys are showing your agesad smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:39

gtrplyr
It bummed me out to see all the negative comments about Swift here. Most had nothing to do with her performance, but were just slamming her for being popular. I'm not sure how she is "worse" than Katy Perry or Lady Gaga. In fact, she writes more of her own material and plays more instruments than either of the other two. Not to mention she's at least 5 years younger.

And she hers...she and Mick were like cream standing next to mashed potatoes...why are the Stones trying to be a part of my 7 year olds life? They're frightening the chillens...

Posted by: jackdog ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:51

Beating a dead horse this thread is redundant. She created ahuge buzz, came for one song and left. Mission accomplished sold last min tickets no one got killed and the Stones young daughters and grand daughters were pleased. Lets move on...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 00:55 by jackdog.

Re: Should we have more Taylor every night? 4-5 songs
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:55

Max'sKansasCity
Man.... sheeeeeesh..... sigh.... sad smiley

I thought the cool thing to do was start as many Taylor threads as possible,
is that not the hip thing to do anymore? Darn.... A day late and a dime bag short.

So no more Taylor threads?... or yeah... but no? or yeah? or no? Can I get my money back?

The lesser threads on Taylor Swift the better. cool smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 5, 2013 00:58

I just joined the Taylor Swift fan club....they all love the Rolling Stones out there................ and buying all the records they can find $$$

Re: Should we have more Taylor every night? 4-5 songs
Date: June 5, 2013 00:58

Britney
The lesser threads on Taylor Swift the better. cool smiley

I think you mean the less threads on Taylor Swift, the Bieber...

He's coming...

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:00

taylor swift was only on one song, nothing compared to bernard & lisa who have been ruining things for 24 years lol.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:02

Slick
taylor swift was only on one song, nothing compared to bernard & lisa who have been ruining things for 24 years lol.

Are you kidding? Without Bernie, Mick wouldn't even step on stage...

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:02

Sure beats Timberleak or Springfield. Taylor is the real deal!

Date: June 5, 2013 01:06

Def Leppard rocked with her on CMT Crossroads, but those of you criticizing probably wouldn't know that either! Oh well, your losswinking smiley

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:16

Munichhilton
Slick

no great loss at all, maybe we would have el mocambo by now.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:18

gtrplyr

you have to realize the stones have been around so long that many of their fans have a very distinct idea what the band should be.

they feel so connected to them from all the years and memories that they lose track of reality.

what was utterly and completely lost on them was mick saying-"this is the first song keith and i wrote together" and then an awesome moment of mick turning around and the two of them looking at each other as keith sat on his stool and mick put his arm out toward keith"

then-" we didnt record it right away,we gave it to a young lady"

get it, dumbasses?? - she was great,the dancing with mick was really cool and her voice was fine.they did sway and midnight rambler with mick t and you guys are carrying on about a young girl...get the fck outta here.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:27

lem motlow
gtrplyr

you have to realize the stones have been around so long that many of their fans have a very distinct idea what the band should be.

they feel so connected to them from all the years and memories that they lose track of reality.

what was utterly and completely lost on them was mick saying-"this is the first song keith and i wrote together" and then an awesome moment of mick turning around and the two of them looking at each other as keith sat on his stool and mick put his arm out toward keith"

then-" we didnt record it right away,we gave it to a young lady"

get it, dumbasses?? - she was great,the dancing with mick was really cool and her voice was fine.they did sway and midnight rambler with mick t and you guys are carrying on about a young girl...get the fck outta here.

I have to agree, though I'm not a Taylor Swift fan. She was at least as good as if not better than the other guest singers. In fact, I think she was completely appropriate for that particular song.

What can I say, I liked it : )

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:35

The official video for the performance is up on the Stones youtube channel.

I'm waiting for the grumpy whingers to start complaining about the camera mounted on Keith's guitar during As Tears Go By. How dare they pull such a cheesy and lame stunt, would never have happened in 1928.

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:43

I think the lowest was reached when they asked Katy Perry to be a guest. Thereafter, besides Rebecca Black, I don't see who can be worse.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:53

micwer
I think the lowest was reached when they asked Katy Perry to be a guest. Thereafter, besides Rebecca Black, I don't see who can be worse.

i was at the show in vegas with katy perry as a guest.she was cute and did a fun version of beast while flirting with mick,the crowd loved it.

it was about 4 minutes of a two hour show.i like watching beautiful women sing,but hey we all like different things,to each their own.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:55

She was writing her own songs long before Mick and Keith were still flipping buggers at each other.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:58

lem motlow
micwer

i was at the show in vegas with katy perry as a guest.she was cute and did a fun version of beast while flirting with mick,the crowd loved it.

it was about 4 minutes of a two hour show.i like watching beautiful women sing,but hey we all like different things,to each their own.

Lucky you to have seen that show...

It changed that song for me, I never cared for BOB before... now all want to do is make sweet love to....

And I barely knew who Katy Perry was, except that apparently she kissed a girl and liked it.... and then put out another album and toured the world supporting it and sold out stadiums at every stop... Pretty impressive by any standard.

Date: June 5, 2013 02:06

Slick
Munichhilton
Slick

no great loss at all, maybe we would have el mocambo by now.

I agree...but its spelled El Mo...oh, you got it right...thanks

Re: Taylor Swift appreciation thread
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:07

StonesTod
tele! where you been! we been trying to fight the good fight but we need reinforcements!

Sorry Tod. I was on a flight to London and couldn't join the fun. here to see three Elvis Costello Spinning Songbook shows at Royal Albert Hall. "Citadel" was on the pre-show warm-up mix. Awesome. Did something happen regarding a certain young female pop singer while I was away?

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:17

I share a hometown with Taylor Swift so we're pretty proud of her success. Not a big fan of her music but at least she writes it all herself.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:19

A lot of people here seem to like the special guest format--that will only encourage Mick to make the special guest a permanent fixture for every last remaining show of their career. And all this time he thought people just wanted the Stones.

Yes, it's great that so many Stones fans are also fans of today's Barbara Streisands and Chers and Marie Osmonds.

Great idea for a new studio album--The Stones duet with the stars of today. I mean, why restrict the special guest format to just live shows? Jerry Lee Lewis had an album full of special guests in 2010 (including our Keith) and John Fogerty has just done it, so why not Mick and the boys? I mean, if they want the public to actually buy or at least download the thing.

And all this time people here who were complaining about their "Vegas" era were actually waiting to applaud them for their new "Dean Martin" era. Who knew?

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:26

Date: June 5, 2013 02:28

stonehearted
A lot of people here seem to like the special guest format--that will only encourage Mick to make the special guest a permanent fixture for every last remaining show of their career. And all this time he thought people just wanted the Stones.

Yes, it's great that so many Stones fans are also fans of today's Barbara Streisands and Chers and Marie Osmonds.

Great idea for a new studio album--The Stones duet with the stars of today. I mean, why restrict the special guest format to just live shows? Jerry Lee Lewis had an album full of special guests in 2010 (including our Keith) and John Fogerty has just done it, so why not Mick and the boys? I mean, if they want the public to actually buy or at least download the thing.

And all this time people here who were complaining about their "Vegas" era were actually waiting to applaud them for their new "Dean Martin" era. Who knew?

I think you've created some sort of mission statement...I need to check it more closely...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:29

Alfonz
The official video for the performance is up on the Stones youtube channel.

I'm waiting for the grumpy whingers to start complaining about the camera mounted on Keith's guitar during As Tears Go By. How dare they pull such a cheesy and lame stunt, would never have happened in 1928.
guitar cam? Damn, what's next, Mick singing with a wireless mic headset?!? Oh wait...

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:30

shadooby
Timberleak? What does that even mean? Justin Timberlake is actually quite talented. And who is Springfield supposed to be? Oh wait, Springsteen, right? How clever.

Date: June 5, 2013 03:01

GumbootCloggeroo
shadooby
Timberleak? What does that even mean? Justin Timberlake is actually quite talented. And who is Springfield supposed to be? Oh wait, Springsteen, right? How clever.

Wow....that was befuddling...nice detective work...

You sure he didn't mean Rick?

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:06

jackdog
Beating a dead horse this thread is redundant. She created ahuge buzz, came for one song and left. Mission accomplished sold last min tickets no one got killed and the Stones young daughters and grand daughters were pleased. Lets move on...

yup...mission accomplished.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2230
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home