Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 16
Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:39

Yes, she's good in her own right, good singer, songwriter, instrumentalist (I'd love to have that Taylor guitar she plays). But let's not do The Emperor's New Clothes here, that performance was average at best.

Was that a Martin D12-20 that Keith's playing?

I've posted before that Adele should do Gimme Shelter, she'd show the Pop Tarts what it's really about

Re: Taylor Swift is an all time low. I am embarrassed to be a Stones fan tonight
Posted by: James Kirk ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:41

My statement was not meant as a put down of Talor Swift or Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood etc, they are all good at what they do and their certainly is a place for it in todays market. Not everyone can be of the same status of the Stones or Dylan + The Beatles.

That said I am putting down the Rolling Stones. What is the motivation for this? Does Mick Jagger really want to sing with a 22 year old pop singer whose audience is full of 13 year old girls? Does the average hardcore Stones fan (the ones paying these ridiculous prices) really want to see acts like Taylor Swift? Do they even know who she is? It just seems so forced and commercialized to me.

Not to sound like a musical snot, but the Stones represent more than what the average pop tart does. They aren't just another rock and roll band they are the rock and roll band. How can the band who sang Sympathy for the Devil + Street Fighting Man want to share the stage with the girl who wrote the whinny tween ballard "We are Never Getting Back Together?

Why lower your status by inviting very pop star of the moment (who will be on VH1's where are they now in five years) on stage to sing a forced duet? It almost never works out when the Stones attempt to chase trends. Bring on Buddy Guy, Springsteen, The Foo Fighters, but please leave the pop tarts at home, it's embarrassing for the Stones and all they represent. It makes them look desperate to be relevant to today's pop audience. Which begs the question why would they want to be relevant to today's pop audience? Been there done that.

Like I said earlier in the thread if this was the 80'S they would be singing with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Get my point?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 14:45 by James Kirk.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:45

James Kirk
Not to sound like a musical snot, but the Stones represent more than what the average pop tart does.

40 years ago you mean? Not so sure what they represent with these last giga tours or with their last albums, compared to what these other artists you mention represent

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 14:59 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Spodlumt ()
Date: June 4, 2013 14:59

The Rolling Stones died at the end of the 1981 tour. What they are doing today with these special guests is truly an embarassment. When they are dead and buried people will marvel at what a stupid move this was.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:08

James Kirk
My statement was not meant as a put down of Talor Swift or Katy Perry, Carrie Underwood etc, they are all good at what they do and their certainly is a place for it in todays market. Not everyone can be of the same status of the Stones or Dylan + The Beatles.

That said I am putting down the Rolling Stones. What is the motivation for this? Does Mick Jagger really want to sing with a 22 year old pop singer whose audience is full of 13 year old girls? Does the average hardcore Stones fan (the ones paying these ridiculous prices) really want to see acts like Taylor Swift? Do they even know who she is? It just seems so forced and commercialized to me.

Not to sound like a musical snot, but the Stones represent more than what the average pop tart does. They aren't just another rock and roll band they are the rock and roll band. How can the band who sang Sympathy for the Devil + Street Fighting Man want to share the stage with the girl who wrote the whinny tween ballard "We are Never Getting Back Together?

Why lower your status by inviting very pop star of the moment (who will be on VH1's where are they now in five years) on stage to sing a forced duet? It almost never works out when the Stones attempt to chase trends. Bring on Buddy Guy, Springsteen, The Foo Fighters, but please leave the pop tarts at home, it's embarrassing for the Stones and all they represent. It makes them look desperate to be relevant to today's pop audience. Which begs the question why would they want to be relevant to today's pop audience? Been there done that.

Like I said earlier in the thread if this was the 80'S they would be singing with Debbie Gibson and Tiffany. Get my point?

It is truly amazintg that people don't get this.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:09

Oh please guys, don't take this so seriously it's only rock'n'roll...(ENTERTAINMENT)

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:25

Erik_Snow
James Kirk
Not to sound like a musical snot, but the Stones represent more than what the average pop tart does.

40 years ago you mean? Not so sure what they represent with these last giga tours or with their last albums, compared to what these other artists you mention represent

Agreed.
When you look at it another way..."the tart" has probably earned 10 times more in the last 7 years...got more hits in the last 30 (yep shes 23 so giving them an extra 7years....more topflight NEW albums in the last 20...
Her fans could be saying the same thing..."Why mix and perform with these old uns - its embarrassing"....

The biggest card Mr Jagger plays is publicity. He has never been out the headlines. All publicity is good.
Whether she was any good on the night or not is different....but shes a marketing success.

Date: June 4, 2013 15:33

Oh please guys, don't take this so seriously it's only rock'n'roll...(ENTERTAINMENT)

but swift is not rock n roll

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:35

Spodlumt
When they are dead and buried people will marvel at what a stupid move this was.

Are you @#$%& kidding me? Nobody will remember this. It won't appear in their obituary. The only people who will remember are those who got so bent out of shape over something so incredibly stupid.

I do agree with your 1981 assessment. It was never the same, for better or worse.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 15:38 by fahthree.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: June 4, 2013 15:56

Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
There's worse things than having a HOT young girl whose HUGELY popular
do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.thumbs up

How about the Stones doing something other than a warhorse without some special guest?
Not an original thought in your pea brain...
just quote and troll... rinse repeat... starved for attention... boring as ever.

Not an original thought in your pea brain. Yer a towel.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:06

yea..everybody lighten up....can't we all just get along?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:37

GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
GasLightStreet
Max'sKansasCity
There's worse things than having a HOT young girl whose HUGELY popular
do a number (and a nice one at that). I for one LOVE watching Jagger sing and interact with a beautiful lady on stage.thumbs up

How about the Stones doing something other than a warhorse without some special guest?
Not an original thought in your pea brain...
just quote and troll... rinse repeat... starved for attention... boring as ever.

Not an original thought in your pea brain. Yer a towel.

A towel? lol....

come on kid, you can do it if you try.... maybe read book, talk a walk outside, find some motivation... concentrate and maybe you can find an original, non-reply thought. Give it a try boy, you can do it.

Maybe change you screen name again, that might help you get your pea sized troll brain going.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:39

To you still wear a girdle James T Kirk? Now that is something to be embarrassed about!

It's 8:00 Am here in Chicago as I type this and I have already had 4 people ask me about the Stones and Taylor Swift
Posted by: bigbitch ()
Date: June 4, 2013 16:04

as in WTF? "Are you embarrassed?"....I could only answer "Talk to Mick".."

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:02

reg thorpe

We are getting along...it's the Micks and the Keith's...then there's the Taylor's and the Woods...there's the Was's and the Whites, the Bills and the Darryl's...the Dammit Chucks and a whole host of no its not yes it is's...

This place is going off...

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:05

Munichhilton
reg thorpe

We are getting along...it's the Micks and the Keith's...then there's the Taylor's and the Woods...there's the Was's and the Whites, the Bills and the Darryl's...the Dammit Chucks and a whole host of no its not yes it is's...

This place is going off...

...well said

Date: June 4, 2013 17:05

"All time low?"

I'm amazed by the amount of Justin Timberlake-fans in here winking smiley

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:07

it's one song. at one show. LOOK - the sun came up this morning. Everyone shall survive this. It's not a crime against the state. It's a gig. that's all.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:13

hbwriter
it's one song. at one show. LOOK - the sun came up this morning. Everyone shall survive this. It's not a crime against the state. It's a gig. that's all.

what the hell kind of fan are you, anyway?

Date: June 4, 2013 17:13

hbwriter

and it was good, too thumbs up

Date: June 4, 2013 17:14

DandelionPowderman
"All time low?"

I'm amazed by the amount of Justin Timberlake-fans in here winking smiley

It rained for 2 solid weeks after that show,
the Sun didnt show its face for a month... aka The sun didnt come up.

winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 17:19 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:15

She's a pretty young thing with a hot ass. The band enjoyed having said hot ass on the stage. She performed well enough. The song choice was a nice surprise. All works fine for me. People who are outraged really need to lighten up.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:16

Alfonz
She's a pretty young thing with a hot ass. The band enjoyed having said hot ass on the stage. She performed well enough. The song choice was a nice surprise. All works fine for me. People who are outraged really need to lighten up.

we will NOT lighten up and nothing you say or do will make us.

Posted by: Dayokay ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:20

I'm laughing here at how 'old-aged' the moaning sounds. Is it different to 'outraged of Tunbridge Wells' demanding in the 60s that Jagger gets his hair cut?! Maybe not.

The 60s hip kids have grown into a bunch of conservative (with a small 'c') grumpy old men!

Dayo

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:22

While most of people here feeling embarrassed and complaining about nearly everything, the lucky sixteen-thousand people / show just enjoying themselves.
And the Stones! They just do what they've been always doing, on the road, entertaining, earning big money, sharing the stage with guests/friends, and old mates.
Excellent!!!!!

Date: June 4, 2013 17:23

keefed
While most of people here feeling embarrassed and complaining about nearly everything, the lucky sixteen-thousand people / show just enjoying themselves.
And the Stones! They just do what they've been always doing, on the road, entertaining, earning big money, sharing the stage with guests/friends, and old mates.
Excellent!!!!!

True! and well said. smileys with beer

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:24

DandelionPowderman
hbwriter

and it was good, too thumbs up

Agree. smiling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:24

hbwriter

I find this offensive...yes! That's it! I'm offended...I feel so alive!

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 4, 2013 17:25

keefed
Excellent!!!!!

It's only rock'n'roll and they/we liked it...

Date: June 4, 2013 17:30

I sit and watch as tears go byyyyyaaiiiyyyy

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home