Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: batcave ()
Date: June 4, 2013 22:41

DoomandGloom
Both songwriters and were mega stars for teens. Debbie Gibson was a bigger star than Swift and set fashion styles. LuLu is timeless, never forgotten. Look at Faith Hill, more beautiful, better voice, no one cares because she's run her course..[/quote]

Debbie Gibson was not even close to being a bigger star than Taylor Swift. Swift sells out multiple nights in football stadiums, something that Gibson couldn't even dream of doing....

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:20

Sorry to say, I am in the non-Taylorite camp, for once; Taylor Swift, that is. The poster who said she sounded like she was doing karaoke was right on the money.

These awful guests are a double disappointment when you think who could have been chose to duet with Mick, to give us something truly unforgettable. Or how about no guests, and just letting the real Taylor perform?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 4, 2013 23:25

winking smiley If Jagger judges bases it all on nothing but post/word count,
then Taylor was a smashing success... he gave em something toyakaboot....

....and that applies to either Taylor.

Re: Chicago-3 June 3
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:22

It was great singing with you @taylorswift13 last night and doing the twirl! Here's the video from the show

@MickJagger

Posted by: spsimmons ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:31

I cannot stand anything I have ever heard from Taylor Swift, in fact I usually can't stand her. That being said, this performance was not too bad. Good song choice. I still think it's sad that Mick feels he has to trot out these guests.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:44

batcave
DoomandGloom
Both songwriters and were mega stars for teens. Debbie Gibson was a bigger star than Swift and set fashion styles. LuLu is timeless, never forgotten. Look at Faith Hill, more beautiful, better voice, no one cares because she's run her course..

Debbie Gibson was not even close to being a bigger star than Taylor Swift. Swift sells out multiple nights in football stadiums, something that Gibson couldn't even dream of doing....[/quote]Out Of The Blue was established as a hit album and she had success in the UK and southeast Asia, filling stadiums with her Out Of The Blue tour. By the end of 1988, Out of the Blue had gone triple platinum.[7] The Out Of The Blue music video compilation was certified platinum by the RIAA; the concert tour video was certified 2x platinum. In October 1988, Gibson sang the national anthem for Game One of the Major League Baseball World Series. Electric Youth was released in early 1989, and spent five weeks at #1 on Billboard's Top 200 Album Chart. The first single released, "Lost in Your Eyes", was #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 for three weeks, garnering her another achievement as the first female to have both an album and single simultaneously at #1. (She shared the 1989 ASCAP Songwriter of the Year Award with Bruce Springsteen.) Subsequent singles from the album were "Electric Youth" (#11), "No More Rhyme" (No. 17), and "We Could Be Together" (No. 71). The Electric Youth album was certified 2x platinum by the RIAA. The successful "Electric Youth" world tour and Live Around the World VHS (2x platinum) followed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 02:56 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 5, 2013 01:50

bye bye johnny
It was great singing with you @taylorswift13 last night and doing the twirl! Here's the video from the show

@MickJagger

Nicely put together video. The performance is actually quite lovely and sweet.

Date: June 5, 2013 01:54

latebloomer
bye bye johnny

@MickJagger

Nicely put together video. The performance is actually quite lovely and sweet.
thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:12

jamesfdouglas
Reading all the Taylor Swift hate here, it took up probably 80% of the posts here before, during and well after the show.

I've always knows that there's a great deal of old, crumpy, misogynists that post here. And predictably, a lot of this bile sounds like classic, woman-hating nerds venting - just like any other female guest The Stones are rolling out.

Without question, a lot of fans here are clearly on the obsessive-side of things, talking Stones fandom to an unhealthy level not unlike extreme Star Trek geeks. To all of you haters - who make it embarrassing for me to be a Stones Fan by association - I'll say this.

It's not Taylor Swift's fault that your mother was over-bearing and/or you didn't get laid in high school.

It's not? confused smiley

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:41

thumbs up

Date: June 5, 2013 02:42

thumbs up
open-g

Implied facepalm - when a proper facepalm isn't necessary. hehe.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 5, 2013 02:57

71Tele
jamesfdouglas
Reading all the Taylor Swift hate here, it took up probably 80% of the posts here before, during and well after the show.

I've always knows that there's a great deal of old, crumpy, misogynists that post here. And predictably, a lot of this bile sounds like classic, woman-hating nerds venting - just like any other female guest The Stones are rolling out.

Without question, a lot of fans here are clearly on the obsessive-side of things, talking Stones fandom to an unhealthy level not unlike extreme Star Trek geeks. To all of you haters - who make it embarrassing for me to be a Stones Fan by association - I'll say this.

It's not Taylor Swift's fault that your mother was over-bearing and/or you didn't get laid in high school.

I have to put tape over the camera on my computer.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:04

DoomandGloom
71Tele
jamesfdouglas

I have to put tape over the camera on my computer.

My mom was underbearing...dammit what am I missing out on? Somebody talk to me!

Date: June 5, 2013 03:06

treaclefingers
rollingon
Britney
kowalski
The video everyone was waiting for...

Fantastic! Great to see a new generation of rockstars taking over the torch the Stones have carried for so long. Taylor looked awesome and delivered a decent vocal performance.

Well, it's really obvious why Jagger chose Taylor Swift and As Tears Go By, she reminds me somehow of a young Marianne Faifhfull. Jagger is a genious.

Not a bad performance by both of them but Jagger's voice is really in amazing condition. In the 70s when the band's playing was just dynamite, was the Jagger's voice ever this good?

Lovely...actually won me over...excellent choice of song for her.

She was good but that's enough. We are heading down a slippery slope. Would love to see more blues than bubblegum...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: June 5, 2013 03:50

jamesfdouglas

You mean you have to agree with this special guest nonsense otherwise you must have a psychological deficiency?

Taylor Swift has about as much to do with the type of music The Stones play as does Marie Osmond.

And on the other side of the gender scale, and regarding musicians who have a more common pedigree, I like John Fogerty and some Tom Waits, but do I need to see them onstage with The Stones? No. Would I want to own on CD or DVD a version of their guest appearance with The Stones? No. I just want The Stones. To celebrate their 50-year run, if they must have a special guest, a former Stone will do, thank you very much.

This special guest thing is too showbiz for my rock n roll liking. It's become a traveling variety show. They've dropped the "Vegas" act and have gone "Dean Martin" instead.

Date: June 5, 2013 04:09

stonehearted
jamesfdouglas
Reading all the Taylor... ...in high school.

You mean you have to agree with this special guest nonsense otherwise you must have a psychological deficiency?

Taylor Swift has about as much to do with the type of music The Stones play as does Marie Osmond.

And on the other side of the gender scale, and regarding musicians who have a more common pedigree, I like John Fogerty and some Tom Waits, but do I need to see them onstage with The Stones? No. Would I want to own on CD or DVD a version of their guest appearance with The Stones? No. I just want The Stones. To celebrate their 50-year run, if they must have a special guest, a former Stone will do, thank you very much.

This special guest thing is too showbiz for my rock n roll liking. It's become a traveling variety show. They've dropped the "Vegas" act and have gone "Dean Martin" instead.

I dont know stonehearted..... you seem to be protesting this just bit much... winking smiley are you maaaaybe overcompensating for something? Maybe something about, uhmmmmm, I dont know... maybe you are fighting a secret love for Marie Osmond, BabaStweisand or Josie and The Pussycats?

My friend stonehearted doth protest too much winking smiley

We are here to help, my friend, we can work through this.... it will all be ok.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 04:10 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:35

kowalski

I must say, I'm very pleasantly surprised, I think they sounded quite good together. Normally I can't stand Taylor Swift, she's way too much sugar without any spice, so overly cutesy that she's sickening but they picked the perfect song for her to duet with Mick on. IMHO this was way better than Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani and Katy Perry, well done!

I also listened to Marianne Faithfull's version, sad sad sad.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: June 5, 2013 04:56

Taylor Swift does not deserve to be on the same stage. Ooooof!! Justin Bieber next on one of the War Horses is next.

Posted by: Thedole ()
Date: June 5, 2013 05:19

These guest spots are all about applying their names on the forth coming DVD later this year period... Fans of the guests might be interested in buying the DVD too. That's all this is about- Selling more stuff

Date: June 5, 2013 05:34

Max'sKansasCity
stonehearted
jamesfdouglas

I dont know stonehearted..... you seem to be protesting this just bit much... winking smiley are you maaaaybe overcompensating for something? Maybe something about, uhmmmmm, I dont know... maybe you are fighting a secret love for Marie Osmond, BabaStweisand or Josie and The Pussycats?

I remember the Josie and The Pussycats cartoon on Saturday mornings as a 6-year-old, and I watched the Donkey and Marie Show in the mid-70s as a 10-year-old, but I've outgrown all that silly pop music and so have The Stones--well, maybe not Mick, who admitted in Crossfire Hurricane to liking "all that crap pop music from the 50s". Perhaps Mick is the one who needs the help.

I'm seeing the show in Boston on the 14th. I hope I don't have to sit through a Dave Matthews rendition, as rumored in the "tickets in boston" thread. If that happens, then I will indeed be in serious need of help--that can only be found in the local liquor store.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: June 5, 2013 06:32

Bliss
Sorry to say, I am in the non-Taylorite camp, for once; Taylor Swift, that is. The poster who said she sounded like she was doing karaoke was right on the money.

These awful guests are a double disappointment when you think who could have been chose to duet with Mick, to give us something truly unforgettable. Or how about no guests, and just letting the real Taylor perform?

Not all guests have been awful. I totally enjoyed Tom Waits Bonnie Raitt and especially John Fogerty on Its All Over Now.

Date: June 5, 2013 07:12

stonehearted
Max'sKansasCity
stonehearted
jamesfdouglas

I remember the Josie and The Pussycats cartoon on Saturday mornings as a 6-year-old, and I watched the Donkey and Marie Show in the mid-70s as a 10-year-old, but I've outgrown all that silly pop music and so have The Stones--well, maybe not Mick, who admitted in Crossfire Hurricane to liking "all that crap pop music from the 50s". Perhaps Mick is the one who needs the help.

I'm seeing the show in Boston on the 14th. I hope I don't have to sit through a Dave Matthews rendition, as rumored in the "tickets in boston" thread. If that happens, then I will indeed be in serious need of help--that can only be found in the local liquor store.

I hope with you..... for no DM.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:55

Mathijs
kowalski

That's actually a very fine performance.

Mathijs

Completely agree. If you want to see a hideous performance from a female guest, just take a look at Amy Winehouse at the Isle of Wight in 2007. Horrible horrible horrible ..............

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 5, 2013 08:56

Hotstuff
Max'sKansasCity
AWESOME shot of Keith... Lookin like a True Blues Man

it seems a little bit tired...

I don't think he's too impressed with having to share a stage with TS. I wouldn't be impressed either. This must be part of his punishment for the revelations in "Life". 30 years ago he would have protested loudly at having to feature such "artists" as this. If he didn't like Prince, which seems odd since he opened shows for the Stones, he sure as heck doesn't care for these glorified karaoke singers with mediocre talent. Maybe as people he can respect them, but not as real musicians with anything remotely in common musically imho.

Date: June 5, 2013 10:36

sanQ
Hotstuff
Max'sKansasCity

I don't think he's too impressed with having to share a stage with TS. I wouldn't be impressed either. This must be part of his punishment for the revelations in "Life". 30 years ago he would have protested loudly at having to feature such "artists" as this. If he didn't like Prince, which seems odd since he opened shows for the Stones, he sure as heck doesn't care for these glorified karaoke singers with mediocre talent. Maybe as people he can respect them, but not as real musicians with anything remotely in common musically imho.

He looks a bit skeptical, but he is smiling later on smiling smiley

Date: June 5, 2013 10:51

DandelionPowderman

Smiling because he's relieved that it's over.grinning smiley

I would think Nora Jones would be more to Keith's taste as a guest chanteuse--but then what would Mick have to do while Keith is duetting with Nora?

Date: June 5, 2013 10:57

DandelionPowderman
sanQ
Hotstuff
Max'sKansasCity

Keith looks like he has morphed into Grumpy Cat. We really need to do a caption contest for this classic photo.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 5, 2013 11:12

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
sanQ
Hotstuff
Max'sKansasCity

Keith looks like he has morphed into Grumpy Cat. We really need to do a caption contest for this classic photo.

Beautiful chick, and I have to sit here at the back right away from her. After I put my eyeliner on specially, too...

Date: June 5, 2013 11:46

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
sanQ
Hotstuff
Max'sKansasCity

We really need to do a caption contest for this classic photo.

Here's one - "Karma's a bitch."

Date: June 5, 2013 11:53

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
sanQ
Hotstuff
Max'sKansasCity

You're only looking at his mouth, then? winking smiley

His eyes show anxiety...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-05 11:53 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2011
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home