Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Date: June 6, 2013 07:02

DoomandGloom
duke richardson
DoomandGloom
duke richardson
24FPS
DoomandGloom
Guarantee no one will know who Taylor Swift was in 5 years. I've seen better duets on High School stages.

Really? She's an extremely successful international superstar. She writes her own material and she's very wealthy and runs her own corporation at an extremely young age. Much younger than the Stones were. She's not my cup of tea but maybe you're right, no one will know who Taylor Swift WAS in 5 years. Of course they'll be quite aware of who she IS.

right on 24FPS she's already a veteran performer and has structured her performances to give maximum entertainment..really think her staging is good, i've seen her live dvd...my daughter is a fan, she's 12...

she'll be around for awhile. she might not be the greatest singer but she goes out of her way for her fans..
Her fans will grow up, she is as disposable as Debbie Gibson or Irene Cara.

not really the same, either one ..

aren't you forgetting LuLu too?
Both songwriters and were mega stars for teens. Debbie Gibson was a bigger star than Swift and set fashion styles. LuLu is timeless, never forgotten. Look at Faith Hill, more beautiful, better voice, no one cares because she's run her course..

LuLu is NOT timeless or never forgotten . . . She's already been forgotten for DECADES. You, sir, are delusional! I have to admit I like "To Sir With Love" but I'm one of a dying breed--an obsessive fan of baby boomer music, though here I am aged 32 myself. NO ONE in their 20s knows who LuLu is. How on EARTH is she any different than Debbie Gibson? BTW, Taylor Swift actually writes her own songs. You might not like them (I don't either, actually) but she writes them. LuLu didn't. Also, as far as I know, a LOT of people still like Faith Hill. Apologies for all caps. winking smiley

Date: June 6, 2013 07:07

marianna
I'm not sure why some people pull the misogyny/sexism card in regards to TS critics, and oddly enough, the people doing that tend to be men. I think if you ask most women, they'd say that it's misogyny/sexism that a person like Taylor Swift is such a huge success when more talented women in the music business haven't done as well as she has. It could be those women in music haven't done as well because they're not as cute as Taylor. There are men in music who don't do as well as Justin Bieber because they don't look like Justin Bieber. However, it seems to be okay for men to say Justin Bieber would be a bad choice for a duet partner. Maybe they're just jealous of Beebs' cute face.

I think the men (like me) here (though Green Lady and other women have commented too) call it out for misogyny here because some of the comments were endlessly about "well, at least she has a nice ass!" "Yeah, but her ASS!" Then you go to their facebook page where literally tons of male posters are writing ridiculous crap like "what is THAT BITCH doing up there with the Stones?!" and "THAT WHORE has no place on stage with the Stones" etc. It's not projecting, and it's also not rocket science. This entire (pathetic) thread devolved quite quickly into a Taylor Swift hatefest, when it was supposed to be about an entire concert, not just 4 minutes and 21 seconds of the concert. There are something like three pages of this thread alone devoted to "her ass." Classy, guys.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 6, 2013 07:49

I love hearing about the show, watching and listening to all the songs posted on YouTube, and she does have a nice ass.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 6, 2013 09:11

bye bye johnny

@ronniewood

Someone please photoshop a cigarette between her fingers. Thx.

Posted by: SuperC ()
Date: June 6, 2013 09:30

Asolutley embarrasing. After going to the Tuesday show and seeing the bulk of the set list, I basically paid $1000 to hear Sway and IYCRM on Monday. The Taylor Swift guest spot was horrid. Great looking girl - shame she can't sing a note. What's next, Keith as a judge on American Idol. Would the Stones play with Marie Osmond in 72'? Same differnce. Mick Taylor sits in the dressing room while we get nails on a chalk board vocals from someone who couldn't win The Voice. Dreadful.

Date: June 6, 2013 10:27

SuperC
Asolutley embarrasing. After going to the Tuesday show and seeing the bulk of the set list, I basically paid $1000 to hear Sway and IYCRM on Monday. The Taylor Swift guest spot was horrid. Great looking girl - shame she can't sing a note. What's next, Keith as a judge on American Idol. Would the Stones play with Marie Osmond in 72'? Same differnce. Mick Taylor sits in the dressing room while we get nails on a chalk board vocals from someone who couldn't win The Voice. Dreadful.

She can sing, and did that pretty well, imo.

+ they didn't play IYCRM winking smiley

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 6, 2013 10:31

DandelionPowderman
SuperC

She can sing, and did that pretty well, imo.

+ they didn't play IYCRM winking smiley

Gosh!!! Show Killer! !!

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: June 6, 2013 11:33

No Expectations
Bliss
Sorry to say, I am in the non-Taylorite camp, for once; Taylor Swift, that is. The poster who said she sounded like she was doing karaoke was right on the money.

These awful guests are a double disappointment when you think who could have been chose to duet with Mick, to give us something truly unforgettable. Or how about no guests, and just letting the real Taylor perform?

Not all guests have been awful. I totally enjoyed Tom Waits Bonnie Raitt and especially John Fogerty on Its All Over Now.

Of course! Amended to add - these awful guests like Gwen Stefani, Katy Perry and Taylor Swift, who seem to have been chosen for reasons other than their affinity for RS music. But given the choice, Mick Taylor is the guest who would be most welcome.

Date: June 6, 2013 11:39

Fogerty is awesome, but to say that he did good with the Stones would be untrue, imo. He was struggling big time. The song was in the wrong key for him, and he had major technical problems with his guitar... thumbs down

Posted by: BeautifulBuzz ()
Date: June 6, 2013 17:56

Chuck Leavell on The Kim Mitchell Show

[www.q107.com]

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:05

carlorossi
bye bye johnny

@ronniewood

Someone please photoshop a cigarette between her fingers. Thx.

Should we take up a collection to buy Keith some different t-shirts?

Posted by: StonedInTokyo ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:25

dat ass!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:35

FWIW- out of curiosity I looked at [taylorswift.com] andthey are a nice bunch posters, mostly positve supportive comments for The Stones and Taylor. Good for them. thumbs up

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 6, 2013 18:45

Max'sKansasCity
FWIW- out of curiosity I looked at [taylorswift.com] andthey are a nice bunch posters, mostly positve supportive comments for The Stones and Taylor. Good for them. thumbs up

10 year old girls probably haven't had a real chance to get jaded yet though, to be fair.

Posted by: SuperC ()
Date: June 6, 2013 22:18

IYCRM - You're right. I was so out of my head from the Marie Osmond appearance I couldn't think straight Now that I've recovered from Keith sharing the stage w/ Kelly Clarkson, it was $1000 for Sway and LWM. I don't think I'll ever fully recover, however.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920
Current Page: 20 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1897
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home