Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20
Re: Chicago-3 June 3 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Britney ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:14

kowalski
The video everyone was waiting for...

Fantastic! Great to see a new generation of rockstars taking over the torch the Stones have carried for so long. Taylor looked awesome and delivered a decent vocal performance.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:15

kowalski
Final set list for Chicago 3

1.Get Off Of My Cloud
2.IORR
3.PIB
4.Gimme Shelter
5.SWAY with Mick Taylor (internet vote)
6.Live With Me
7.As Tears Go By with Taylor Swift
8.Emotional Rescue
9.D&G
10.One More Shot
11.HTW
12.You Got The Silver
13.Before They Make Me Run
14.Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor
15.Miss You
16.Start Me Up
17.Tumbling Dice
18.Brown Sugar
19.Sympathy For The Devil
20.YCAGWYW with Choir from Roosevelt University
21.Jumpin' Jack Flash
22.Satisfaction with Mick Taylor

So that was 4 Taylor songs at the end!

Satisfaction with MT

[instagram.com]

So they played Sway (by Request) AND Live with me, both both of those songs were in the voting list???

I'm just wondering, have they now really decided to give Mick Taylor two lead playing songs in every show really?

If so, that's very good.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:17

It wasn't a train-wreck like I thought it would be. She sang decent, but should have switched to harmony better if she was any kind of real talented singer instead of singing the same part as Mick.

I'm glad they chose this song instead of something else.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:18

midimannz
I liked it! Wish I was in the USA! Great job Gents.(and lady, I don't know much about Taylor but thinks she was better than the awful Katy Perry clip- did Katy even practise 'wild horses'?) thanks for the posts, I don't believe they will ever be back to New Zealand.
Katy Perry = Gwen Stefani. Gwen made us suffer a dull aching pain. Katy Perry turned out to be a decent Beast Of Burden.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:20

Britney
kowalski

Fantastic! Great to see a new generation of rockstars taking over the torch the Stones have carried for so long. Taylor looked awesome and delivered a decent vocal performance.

Well, it's really obvious why Jagger chose Taylor Swift and As Tears Go By, she reminds me somehow of a young Marianne Faifhfull. Jagger is a genious.

Not a bad performance by both of them but Jagger's voice is really in amazing condition. In the 70s when the band's playing was just dynamite, was the Jagger's voice ever this good?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:27 by rollingon.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:23

sonomastone
Mathijs
That's actually a very fine performance.

Mathijs

It sounded fine to me other than chuck but wasnt the dancing together a little creepy/awkward? Musically it is fine but dang Buddy Guy would have fit in a lot better.
Dunno, somehow I don't see Buddy Guy doin' that dance routine with Mick. But he definitely could have spiced the song up with some tasty blueslicks.

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:24

Emotional Rescue:

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:27

Britney
midimannz
I liked it! Wish I was in the USA! Great job Gents.(and lady, I don't know much about Taylor but thinks she was better than the awful Katy Perry clip- did Katy even practise 'wild horses'?) thanks for the posts, I don't believe they will ever be back to New Zealand.
Katy Perry = Gwen Stefani. Gwen made us suffer a dull aching pain. Katy Perry turned out to be a decent Beast Of Burden.
oop, you are right of course. Put it down to haste and pleasure at the same time. Must be my age Lol

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:28

Britney
sonomastone
Mathijs
That's actually a very fine performance.

Mathijs

It sounded fine to me other than chuck but wasnt the dancing together a little creepy/awkward? Musically it is fine but dang Buddy Guy would have fit in a lot better.
Dunno, somehow I don't see Buddy Guy doin' that dance routine with Mick. But he definitely could have spiced the song up with some tasty blueslicks.

I have never liked Buddy Guy, and I think he and blues in general is just old hat. I like it that the Stones try to stay contemporary.

Mathijs

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:29

MisterDDDD
I would risk throat cancer for that...

HAHAHA!!! Me too pal, me too!

I am sure Micheal Douglas would be all over it if he didn't already have his own hot wife.

I thought she was 6 feet tall. If that's true, then Mick is as well, which he isn't. So she has to be much shorter than they say she is. But just think of all the guys she's had. John Meyer? Disgusting.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()

rollingon
Britney
kowalski

Well, it's really obvious why Jagger chose Taylor Swift and As Tears Go By, she reminds me somehow of a young Marianne Faifhfull. Jagger is a genious.

Not a bad performance by both of them but Jagger's voice is really in amazing condition. In the 70s when the band's playing was just dynamite, was the Jagger's voice ever this good?

Lovely...actually won me over...excellent choice of song for her.

Posted by: marianna ()

That "duet" was as awkward as it was bad. Taylor Swift reminds of the Sueleen Gay character in Robert Altman's "Nashville." Maybe a little more tuneful than that, but there's something so ungainly about her on stage. Plus, she looks ludicrous next to Mick Jagger. Does he enjoy seeing video of his lined visage next to women who have not a single line on their faces, and look about 15 years old to boot? I know she's 23, but it gave me a creepy Gary Glitter vibe, sorry.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()

Guarantee no one will know who Taylor Swift was in 5 years. I've seen better duets on High School stages. Mick was as bad as her, condescending and lowering himself and the band to the level of amateur.. And people insult Mick Taylor for playing "fusion". Get a grip.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:36 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Thedole ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:30

Three friends of mine attended the show tonight and all three said it was a good show, but they liked Chicago #2 better. As for Taylor Swift, they thought she did as good as any of the other bimbos that Mick has dragged up on the stage, but they all agreed that her bum is the best. They also said that Sheryl Crow was very good on ADTL (Chicago #2) but compared to TS she is a warhorse. It is widely known the Taylor Swift is quite skilled orally and she can sing very well on occasion too. As for Mick Taylor, he was super again tonight. They really need to have MT play on about 10 songs per night. Ronnie & Keith need the help..

Posted by: mandu ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:36

so much negitivity.

Id be happy just to get to see The Rolling Stones one more time,I dont care what guest or what they play.just be good to see them again.

Please Come to China or HongKong

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:38

Just arrived at the hotel.

3rd show for me in Chicago. Very good show but Chicago 1 was better and Chicago 2 was the best.

Why?
- Gimme Shelter was less good. Lisa was under than the other Chicago. She didn't have the Fire.

- As tears go by with Taylor Swift... She is so beautiful but I didn't like how she sang. Sheryl Crow was better.

- Big problems on HTW. When Keith wanted to play his solo, the guitar didn't work. He was more than one minute without guitar.

- The crowd was not good as second Chicago.

- Sympathy: Mick was not just.

BUT
- Sway was splendid (thanks MT)
- Live with me was a good surprise.
- I loved the 3 first songs, very good energy.
- Doom & Gloom and Miss You were very good.

Benjamin.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:39

DoomandGloom
Guarantee no one will know who Taylor Swift was in 5 years. I've seen better duets on High School stages.

Really? She's an extremely successful international superstar. She writes her own material and she's very wealthy and runs her own corporation at an extremely young age. Much younger than the Stones were. She's not my cup of tea but maybe you're right, no one will know who Taylor Swift WAS in 5 years. Of course they'll be quite aware of who she IS.

attitudes towards younger performers
Posted by: mysticale ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:45

Hello. First time posting here....thought I joined the Stones Fan Site long ago. Did not find any intro thread for newbies as yet, so forgive me if I am breaking any rules. Saw the opening show last Tues. - fabulous - and wished I could have seen the rest, but will hope they return in the fall.

I am compelled to post because I turned 60 recently and some of what has been said here regarding Taylor Swift and other younger musicians bothers me. It seems as though every generation, no matter how far back one goes, tends to favor the music of their teens and twenties most. I can certainly understand that the passion that music arouses in us, coupled with the dramatic changes we all undergo as we begin find ourselves as adults, often makes for lasting connections that invoke deep loyalty. What I detest is when I run into people my own age who seem to dismiss nearly all bands or artists as being inferior to their original rock "heroes",no matter how talented they actually are.

Why can't more of us admit that there are artists of each generation that have genius? Do you really believe that the Stones, or the Beatles, or Dylan, or whatever other bands of your youth floated your boat most were unparalleled and will never meet their match? Is it incomprehensible to you all to imagine that in another 20 years, there may be another group of bands that have managed to keep a fanbase for 50 years who are just as loyal?

I am not a fan of Taylor Swift, but I find it rather sad just how many here felt the need to completely trash her, without even having heard her perform. If she felt the need to dress provocatively tonight, is that not because most women feel compelled to do so in the hard rock arena, which is still a male dominated venue? Judging from the males here who cut her apart until they finally saw her tight ass, I feel my point has been made for me. Ironically, the first time I saw her perform (on TV) she wore a long granny-style gown. I recall her still because I found this highly unusual, given that the other females were all in much skimpier costumes. I also was impressed that she wrote her own songs and played an instrument rather than simply shaking her ass on stage with a bunch of boy-toy dancers grinding behind her.

I am a huge fan of the Rolling Stones, but lets be honest here. Ms. Swift was performing with a band whose hits have sometimes degraded women (Under my Thumb, Some Girls) and include songs about rape (Midnight Rambler), and once had their lead singer ride astride a giant rubber phallus on stage just to further entertain us. Many of the Stones have chosen to dress in provocative clothing themselves. Should we really be so quick to judge a young girl in her teens for trying to fit in with what she thought the Stones audience might like in the way of costumes...especially considering that it was the band who invited her?

As to the recent tape I saw of tonight's performance of As Tears Go By...it does
not compare to Marianne Faithfull's solo version, but I did not think Mick's performance of the song was really all that much better. Perhaps this is because Ms. Faithfull suffered so much that she began to own those Jagger/Richards lyrics. Taylor is a naive young girl who is still relatively sheltered. We celebrate males who write with confidence about their conquests. Mich was strutting the stage when younger than she is now, acting like the cock of the walk. The woman Jagger loved most in his youth, Marianne, inspired Wild Horses, and had a hand in writing Sister Morphine. I love those songs. Taylor may never compare, but if some of you know what Marianne eventually paid for her involvement with the Stones perhaps you would not wish that kind of life on this young performer, even if it means that her music will never be as powerful, or profound.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:46

Here we can see (or hear) what happened with Keith's guitar in Honky Tonk Women:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: rtr ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:47

I predict an all-star video compilation with all of the guests, which won't go down well with the diehards, unless it is just one of a multi-disc box....along the lines of the CDs Sinatra, Ray Charles, Tony Bennett etc. put out late in their careers to appeal to a wider audience. Sinatra's duet CD was the best selling album of his career, even though fans would rather have heard a new "solo" album instead of hearing him duet with Bono, Aretha and whoever else was on there.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:47

kowalski

Wonderful! My favourite and my daughter's favourite doing one of my favourite songs thumbs up

It will be peace at home when I show her this grinning smiley

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 09:51

Cristiano Radtke
Here we can see (or hear) what happened with Keith's guitar in Honky Tonk Women:

What happened? sounded like the sound went out in the solo.

Date: June 4, 2013 09:54

Cristiano Radtke

[www.youtube.com]

I really couldn't see anything. What happened? Connection problems or breaking a string?

[www.youtube.com]

Date: June 4, 2013 09:54

sonomastone
Cristiano Radtke

What happened? sounded like the sound went out in the solo.

Benstones posted this before: "Big problems on HTW. When Keith wanted to play his solo, the guitar didn't work. He was more than one minute without guitar."

During the concert, some guy posted this: "Keef's tele is cutting in & out during his solo on "Honky Tonk Woman". Heads are gonna roll, I bet!"

[twitter.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 09:58 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:00

kaskatanas
Green Lady
kaskatanas
vermontoffender
Hey look! IORRs who didn't attend the show trying to make it seem like they understand what was going on during the show! How odd!! And, wait....what's that? Misogynistic statements left and right concerning a female performer deemed unworthy by the "fans" at IORR to share the same stage with the Stones? I can't believe it!

Here's a hint; the Stones decide who deserves to be on stage with them, no one else.
I know it's tempting to sit at your computer listening to tinny Youtube clips of the shows and take woefully unoriginal, unfunny, cheap shots at the female guests, while BELIEVING that you have a say in what the Stones do, but you don't. Not in the least.

When you talk about it using "misongynistic" and "female guest" you sound like you don´t understand anything. If the guest is Timberlake the opinions could be the same. If the guest is let´s say Lucinda Williams, the opiniones could be very different.

Nothing about gender, all about music.

Hmmmm - If they do invite Mr Bieber, I'll look forward to the posts deciding that maybe he can't sing, but he does have a great ass. Might even contribute one myself. Equal rights for grumpy old women.

Not sure if I´ve express myself ok. When I say the opinions could be differents, I´ve mean, everybody could be agree with her on the stage since she´s a great performing.

You´re not asking, but if you do, I should say I prefer Lucinda than Taylor. Like a singer, and like a woman smiling smiley

Sorry by my english.

kaskatanas, I'm sorry. I was trying to be funny (always a mistake). The grumpy old woman is me.

Re: attitudes towards younger performers
Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:00

mysticale
Hello. First time posting here....

Welcome! great post - even if i don't agree with all of it.

Speaking for myself, my main disappointment was that in Chicago, the home of the blues, and on their "anniversary" tour, I would have preferred to see them having a guest more aligned with their own influences and music rather than shamelessly going for headlines and sizzle. Not a reflection on Taylor Swift's abilities one way or the other.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:02

Greetings Mysticale, welcome to the boardsmileys with beer

Re: attitudes towards younger performers
Posted by: benstones ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:04

sonomastone
mysticale
Hello. First time posting here....

Welcome! great post - even if i don't agree with all of it.

Speaking for myself, my main disappointment was that in Chicago, the home of the blues, and on their "anniversary" tour, I would have preferred to see them having a guest more aligned with their own influences and music rather than shamelessly going for headlines and sizzle. Not a reflection on Taylor Swift's abilities one way or the other.

Totally agree with you. I will not complain because the 3 shows were amazing with great setlists but I would have LOVED to have Sweet Home Chicago.

Benjamin.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:10

kowalski

Thanks but the one I am waiting for is Sway! This is vaguely passable although given some time my cat might actually shrieked her way through it just as good. I liked the young lady from the 60s part though.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-04 10:25 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 4, 2013 10:10

kowalski
So that was 4 Taylor songs

smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1465
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home