Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14
Re: Chicago-1 May 28 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:50

Posted by: GADAWG ()

roby
GADAWG, pathetic, vain and aggressive message ...thumbs down

Why duffydawg would not say what he lived during this concert? I tought we must respect the opinion of those who attend the show ? Is not the rule explained to the poor ignorants on this board day after day ?

Or, is there an offical review model ??? Best show ever, best version ever ? Say "awesome" and go back home ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

You can't get Rodney King off the bottom of the pool with a shovel. His girlfriend proved that.

Respect that opinion Robi>

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:51

1 more shot was played. I was there

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:52

Just wanna say thanks again for all the pictures, videos and reviews

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: REMChicagoBOY ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:52

I saw him and was HIGHLY impressed. I love younger Stones fans, they make the experience so much better. I was getting tired of the trashy girls and guys coming into past shows, the younger, "hipper" crowd are keeping the shows interesting.

Re: Tonights Guest
Date: May 29, 2013 17:54

He was really good last night!

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:58

roby
GADAWG, pathetic, vain and aggressive message ...thumbs down

Why duffydawg would not say what he lived during this concert? I tought we must respect the opinion of those who attend the show ? Is not the rule explained to the poor ignorants on this board day after day ?

Or, is there an offical review model ??? Best show ever, best version ever ? Say "awesome" and go back home ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Totally agree. GADAWG's comments come off more as trolling than any critique of the show. Critical balance is essential. I had fun at the show on Saturday and I paid exactly what I could afford and no more so I didn't feel ripped off. I'm also secure enough to like the parts of the show that I liked without needing an echo chamber to reinforce my feelings.
One thing I did notice, though, is being at the show in person the setlist is less important than the energy (or lack of at times) I'm getting from the show.
Without the atmosphere of being there, the show can be reduced to a series of song titles, which is misleading. As long as people are speaking from the heart all viewpoints help to give an overall picture to those of us following the shows by proxy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-29 17:59 by andrewt.

Date: May 29, 2013 18:05

it has everything to DO with setlst. same boring songs

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:13

Thanks for posting the great pics bbj. smileys with beer

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:16

Thank you to everyone who attended the show for taking time to give us your report of the live show and how it felt, it tells so much more than a simple listing of the songs played. Thanks for allowing us to live vicariously through you... it helps the pain of not being able to be there.

Thank You and cheers to yousmileys with beer

MICK IS ON FIRE

I was at the Chicago show last night. I have to say, I am not a diehard who travels the country each time they perform. I simply go to see maybe one or two shows each tour. I've them do magic with certain songs over the course of the shows I've seen. I have to say "Rocks Off" last night in Chicago was one of the best live performances ever of any song ever performed live of any band or artists I've ever witnessed.

It goes to show ya what they can do when they play a different song other than the "warhorses". They clearly enjoyed playing something different, and Mick was Magic.

Also, for the first time ever, I enjoyed "Midnight Rambler" live. I think Mick Taylor being on stage for it really helped me enjoy it. Again, Mick was on fire.

I also have a new appreciation for Ronnie Wood. He's just fun. And he dresses really cool.

Friday... here I come!

Re: MICK IS ON FIRE
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 29, 2013 17:56

yeah Mick Taylor is God !!!
jeroen

Re: MICK IS ON FIRE
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:18

We need more Mick Taylor.

The Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" Chicago 2103
Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:43

Still going strong in 2103...

Re: The Rolling Stones "Paint it Black" Chicago 2103
Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 29, 2013 15:47

rollingon

Still going strong in 2103...

Oh, come on. I can't see them do this for 90 years from now...winking smiley

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:01

What a career, spanning 311 years.

Posted by: Peterh ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:23

Awesome. Ticket prices are approximately $120,000 and nobody's complaining about them any more.

Posted by: admorgan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:36

They can't play this one anymore (and it's always been pretty poor live), they are stronger on other songs.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:42

admorgan
it's always been pretty poor live

It was good in 89-90 : the intro played by keith with that lovely acoustic/electric guitar ("Guts") was a nice touch....

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 29, 2013 16:46

Solid version, as usualy

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:28

Stones Blah
Rokyfan
Stones Blah
Personally I think people who come hear and just complain need to get their head examined. I took three people to the show in Toronto who had never seen the Stones. The youngest was 13 and the oldest 34 and they all loved it. The next day said it all sore throats, tired legs, ears rininging, and huge smiles on their faces.
Personally, I don't get why some people are so insecure, . . . one critical comment and we have these posts. Because your kids liked something that means others can't like it and say so? Makes him a troll? Insincere? Just saying those things to get your reactions? (actually you weren't that harsh, just said he should have his head examined, but others say these things every time anything critical is posted).

Personally, I really enjoyed that clip, thought it was the best Rocks Off I had heard in awhile. But I have no problem with people who feel otherwise. It doesn't make me think twice about my opinion, deosn't make me think that the differing opinion is not real.

What on earth does how your kids and friends liked their first ever Stones show have to do with anyione else's reaction to it?

First off he was the one who said people like me should have their head exained. OK!!??? Second he said he has not gone to a show and isn't going to. Third who said I took my kids to the show? Fourth I was just stating that there are new people going to these shows and are very much enjoying them, not sitting around at home on their computers bitching about something they didn,t attend.
I think my post is more informative about these concerts than just bitching.

OK, I did say my comments were more directed to other posters, not you, even though I replied to you. I agree your post was informative, just don't think contrary views are "bitching," any more than it would be fair to characterize all positive reviews as cheerleading or drinking the koolaid. I'm going to Philly 2, I'm sure I will have a great time. The next day I will read some people pointing out how they do not play like they used to that it's not the same. They will probably be correct but it won't diminish my enjoyment one bit, and I saw them on (almost) all of those old tours. That doesn't mean I have to conclude that such people are just trolls, are not sincere, whatever. Most of the people in the world think the Rolling Stones suck completely and wouldn't pay 5 cents to see them. Why should I care what other people think? People here are so sensitive to anything short of complete worship.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:36

duffydawg
Just back....this show was a bore. They stole the money from me. MT on only MR. Its a complete joke.

Everything is so canned and tightly coreographed.....

Everyone I was with were stunned that MT had only one song prior to encore.

NO 3 GUITAR ATTACK. DOES NOT EQUATE TO $600 OF VALUE MUCH LESS $100.

You were stunned at MT only on Rambler? And you're a reader of this board? Go back in your cave.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:40

LSTNT
JumpinJackOLantern
LSTNT
Very disappointing if they are down to 21 songs. I was hoping that as the tour progressed the boys would be firing on all cylinders. But with the comments of the last show and now down two songs this does not bode well for Hyde Park. They might be lucky to get a 15 or 16 song set list. I'm sure everyone will say what a great show it was but the boys are pulling back. Maybe there guarantee was cut and this is the payback. Already saw them dump the drummers after the ticket debacle on opening night. Now if they do a four song encore, all is forgiven.

The boys are firing on all cylinders! Have been this entire tour. What they are doing is nothing short of remarkable. We need to keep our eyes on the bigger picture.

Mick and Charlie are firing on all cylinders. Ronnie is average at best. It's nice to see Keith on stage and he is more engaged that in the past, but he is below average at best. I love the band and have seen and will see more shows on the tour but there is no excuse for the reduction of songs. If you recall the set list for London 1 had 25 songs on it but was reduced by two for curfew reasons.

I disagree about Ronnie and Keith's playing last night. I thought they were engaged and playing well. Ronnie was happy to defer to Keith early in the show, but came on as the concert progressed. His licks were very good in my opinion, and Keith can still play just fine. I felt the guitar sound was top notch and the mix outstanding from my perspective. Very good overall sound, albeit quite loud. I could feel Charlies bass drum hit my chest as well as DJ's base lines. Even though they clocked in at around 2 hours it was a good Stones concert and actually better than I was anticipating. The war horses had plenty of energy, and actually sounded much fresher than on recent tours. MT was great on MR and his inclusion with Satisfaction was cool. I liked that he just sat down by the drums while Keith and Mick were out for a walk around. Ronnie also sat back with MT and yucked it up. The Stones look rejuvenated IMHO. Charlie very good and MJ the consumate front man. They still deliver that famous Rolling Stones sound that no other band can duplicate. That's basically why I still go to the concerts. I simply love that sound they make.

Bonus for me,as I was refunded money on my $600 tickets in club level but was not aware until I arrived at the turnstyle. When I had seen these tickewt prices I asked for money back and they never got back to me a month ago. It said refund though. So I went to gate 7 and they said I was given my money back. I asked if there tickets available in club level and they offered me 2 seats in the last row section 232 for $250 each 10 minutes before the concert began. I saved like $700 and the seats were great looking right down on the stage. Wonderful sight line.

Posted by: dhinkle555 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:40

I think the Arrow on Ogden worked out great. I was there from about 5:45 to 7:00 and was able to get a seat at the bar and could order food from there. Pulled pork sandwich was great.

Posted by: Alfonz ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:43

It is ridiculous for people who "aren't going to go to any shows" to come and bag the performances based on crappy YouTube videos. Deciding you can review the band from YouTube is worthy of head examination.

I went to Vegas show, and the band was magnificent. Jagger sounded amazing, Charlie was his usual fine self, and the guitars were brilliant. Every video I have seen sounds like complete and absolute shite compared to what I witnessed when I was there.

Date: May 29, 2013 18:45

Same old boring setlist?

Hm, that's weird, as I never have heard either Emotional Rescue, Rocks Off or Six Days On The Road in concert before. I must have had a memory lapse, or something...

Posted by: LongBeachArena72 ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:48

Rokyfan
Stones Blah
Rokyfan
Stones Blah
Personally I think people who come hear and just complain need to get their head examined. I took three people to the show in Toronto who had never seen the Stones. The youngest was 13 and the oldest 34 and they all loved it. The next day said it all sore throats, tired legs, ears rininging, and huge smiles on their faces.
Personally, I don't get why some people are so insecure, . . . one critical comment and we have these posts. Because your kids liked something that means others can't like it and say so? Makes him a troll? Insincere? Just saying those things to get your reactions? (actually you weren't that harsh, just said he should have his head examined, but others say these things every time anything critical is posted).

Personally, I really enjoyed that clip, thought it was the best Rocks Off I had heard in awhile. But I have no problem with people who feel otherwise. It doesn't make me think twice about my opinion, deosn't make me think that the differing opinion is not real.

What on earth does how your kids and friends liked their first ever Stones show have to do with anyione else's reaction to it?

First off he was the one who said people like me should have their head exained. OK!!??? Second he said he has not gone to a show and isn't going to. Third who said I took my kids to the show? Fourth I was just stating that there are new people going to these shows and are very much enjoying them, not sitting around at home on their computers bitching about something they didn,t attend.
I think my post is more informative about these concerts than just bitching.

OK, I did say my comments were more directed to other posters, not you, even though I replied to you. I agree your post was informative, just don't think contrary views are "bitching," any more than it would be fair to characterize all positive reviews as cheerleading or drinking the koolaid. I'm going to Philly 2, I'm sure I will have a great time. The next day I will read some people pointing out how they do not play like they used to that it's not the same. They will probably be correct but it won't diminish my enjoyment one bit, and I saw them on (almost) all of those old tours. That doesn't mean I have to conclude that such people are just trolls, are not sincere, whatever. Most of the people in the world think the Rolling Stones suck completely and wouldn't pay 5 cents to see them. Why should I care what other people think? People here are so sensitive to anything short of complete worship.

I think this is very well put by Rokyfan.

I think I was the first person on this thread to say that last night's version of RO was shite. But even having said that, I'm also sure that if I'd been at the show, I would've had a great time and marveled at how well the Stones could still 'bring it' after all these years.

I live in LA and made no effort to go to any of the Staples/Anaheim shows (though I did try to get into the Echoplex, to no avail!). I have friends who I would describe as very casual fans who went and thought the band were great and that the crowds were fab and everyone had a great time. When you have 2 hours worth of rock'n'roll history at your fingertips it's hard to quibble.

But none of this is inconsistent with the view that they can no longer measure up to what they once were. As far as I'm concerned, there is no universe (even an alternate one!) in which last night's RO is even the same song as the one they recorded and played in 71-72.

I saw them in 72 and was transformed; saw them in 78 (Anaheim, the "shoe" show) and they were sloppy and sucked but still had a grand time. It's always a party when you see the Stones; but that doesn't mean you have to suspend your critical judgement of what you're actually hearing.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:48

Also meant to add how great it was to see Taj lay down Six Days On The Road with the Stones. Really great rollicking rendition. The band clearly loved having Taj up there. A big highlight for me. A fantastic guest and a really good old friend of the band.

Posted by: wopperla ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:49

Were you at the concert last night?

Posted by: gmanp ()
Date: May 29, 2013 18:54

Taj M. was headliner past Monday at a blues fest in Nashville. After waiting over an hour for crew to set him up, we left.
Hunger and heat overcame desire to see him smiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 10 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1322
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home