Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: Chicago-1 May 28 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2013 08:05

flacnvinyl
Thedole
onlyranr
Anyone sit in 121 or 113 ? I am going to th Montreal show and have tix in Section 111 , it says partially obstructed view, how were the seats in Chicago, might try and upgrade to more in the front if they aren't very good ! Cheers !P.S. Way to go Hawks !

I sat in 113 and the two videos that Stonesfelcher posted- 6 Days and MR were shot from our seats. The obstruction in 113 was that camera boom. I had no problem with it at all. We were upgraded from 321 to that location. $85 seats in 321 turned into 113 in UC- I will take that any day of the week. But every arena has slight variations so who knows what the Montreal set up will be like. I think you will love that location.

How did the upgrade take place? They came to your section and moved you or exchanged your tickets at the table?

We complained to someone in the box office on the 1st floor that our view from row 2 in 321 was obstructed. They said there was nothing they could do for us. At 8:45 someone shows up at our row in 321 and hands out 8 tickets to all of us that were sitting in the row and then we told to enjoy the show from much better seats. It sure made for a couple of better videos and we were standing next to Nancy Pelosi (she wasn't smoking any weed and she had the secret service nearby).

As for the comments that a few keep getting irked about. My feeling is that everybody gets to voice an opionion here. Try not to take this stuff so serious. How lucky are we that the Stones are even on tour in 2013!! Are they as good as they were 40 years ago? I guess we all have are own thoughts. Does anyone really expect them to be as good? I for one wish that MT played on every song that he originaly played on the setlist. See you all in the $85's on Friday- wherever that may be. Peace out!

Posted by: onlyranr ()
Date: May 31, 2013 14:50

Thanks for the info !You paid $85.00, so that's amazing ! I am actually on Keith"s side , so even better ! Cheers

Date: May 31, 2013 15:52

Thedole can you please tell me about what row you were In. And are you sure you were in 113 and not 114. I have 113 row 5 and. Will be pissed if that boom is in my view.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: May 31, 2013 16:26

That's awesome!! Sorry to hear you had to sit near Pelosi.

I hope that trend continues! 85s tonight for us again

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: May 31, 2013 16:38

Here is my video of Gimme Shelter

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2013 17:31

GADAWG
andrewt
GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
roby
GADAWG, pathetic, vain and aggressive message ...thumbs down

Why duffydawg would not say what he lived during this concert? I tought we must respect the opinion of those who attend the show ? Is not the rule explained to the poor ignorants on this board day after day ?

Or, is there an offical review model ??? Best show ever, best version ever ? Say "awesome" and go back home ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Totally agree. GADAWG's comments come off more as trolling than any critique of the show. Critical balance is essential. I had fun at the show on Saturday and I paid exactly what I could afford and no more so I didn't feel ripped off. I'm also secure enough to like the parts of the show that I liked without needing an echo chamber to reinforce my feelings.
One thing I did notice, though, is being at the show in person the setlist is less important than the energy (or lack of at times) I'm getting from the show.
Without the atmosphere of being there, the show can be reduced to a series of song titles, which is misleading. As long as people are speaking from the heart all viewpoints help to give an overall picture to those of us following the shows by proxy.

Overall you are correct, not about my opinion of course but about true fans of the Stones will ignore negative show comments as only a psychotic person could make such an observation.

As I am sure you know very well a wink is as good as a nod to a blind mule and I have given BV my simple instructions in the way out comment thread currently running.

Shoot low boy's they're riddin Shetlands and see you at Philly on the 21st. Beware, I may be sitting next to you. Adios

Beware of what exactly?

An old crazy devoted Stones fan that might be off my meds. If someone were to make a negative comment about Gimmie Shelter or Keith Richards, look out.

If I am really having a bad day, I might not even tolerate a negative comment about Chuck Levell

Keith Richards so damn ugly his mirror plays Gimme Shelter...eye popping smiley

Oh well, there went the neighbors cat. Love my model 19 Glock. Hollow points erase all negative Keith comments. grinning smiley

As Canadians generally don't carry weapons, I suggest Andrew and I 'back out' of this conversation. Best of luck with your glock.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 31, 2013 17:54

treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
roby

Why duffydawg would not say what he lived during this concert? I tought we must respect the opinion of those who attend the show ? Is not the rule explained to the poor ignorants on this board day after day ?

Or, is there an offical review model ??? Best show ever, best version ever ? Say "awesome" and go back home ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Totally agree. GADAWG's comments come off more as trolling than any critique of the show. Critical balance is essential. I had fun at the show on Saturday and I paid exactly what I could afford and no more so I didn't feel ripped off. I'm also secure enough to like the parts of the show that I liked without needing an echo chamber to reinforce my feelings.
One thing I did notice, though, is being at the show in person the setlist is less important than the energy (or lack of at times) I'm getting from the show.
Without the atmosphere of being there, the show can be reduced to a series of song titles, which is misleading. As long as people are speaking from the heart all viewpoints help to give an overall picture to those of us following the shows by proxy.

Overall you are correct, not about my opinion of course but about true fans of the Stones will ignore negative show comments as only a psychotic person could make such an observation.

As I am sure you know very well a wink is as good as a nod to a blind mule and I have given BV my simple instructions in the way out comment thread currently running.

Shoot low boy's they're riddin Shetlands and see you at Philly on the 21st. Beware, I may be sitting next to you. Adios

Beware of what exactly?

An old crazy devoted Stones fan that might be off my meds. If someone were to make a negative comment about Gimmie Shelter or Keith Richards, look out.

If I am really having a bad day, I might not even tolerate a negative comment about Chuck Levell

Oh well, there went the neighbors cat. Love my model 19 Glock. Hollow points erase all negative Keith comments. grinning smiley

As Canadians generally don't carry weapons, I suggest Andrew and I 'back out' of this conversation. Best of luck with your glock.

The 'conversation' ended when the weapon came out...he's been purged...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2013 18:18

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
roby

Beware of what exactly?

oh dear...I thought his periodic racist rants would get him but in the end it was a self-inflicted wound from his firearm.

get off of his cloud.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 31, 2013 18:24

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
GADAWG
treaclefingers
GADAWG
andrewt
roby

Beware of what exactly?

oh dear...I thought his periodic racist rants would get him but in the end it was a self-inflicted wound from his firearm.

get off of his cloud.

Don't blame me, I wasn't anywhere near that cloud...I was at a whole different place with no clouds...none!

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: May 31, 2013 19:21

Any word yet as to who tonight's guest might be?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 31, 2013 21:28

IORR group is still meeting at Arrow or at Billy Goats?

Posted by: Jesse ()
Date: May 31, 2013 21:54

Rumor has it...Sheryl Crow tonite! What have you heard??

Milwaukee Journal coverage/photo's of Wednesday's Stone Show
Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: May 31, 2013 15:13

The Milwaukee Journal had some good pictures from last Wednesday's show in Chicago. I haven't read it yet, thought I would pass it on first.

[www.jsonline.com]

Re: Milwaukee Journal coverage/photo's of Wednesday's Stone Show
Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 31, 2013 15:16

Fantastic pics. Thanks.

Posted by: fzv98d ()
Date: June 5, 2013 16:52

All of my videos from the May 28th Chicago show are now posted here.

[rustedtourdemichigan.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mpmternst ()
Date: June 5, 2013 23:25

Chicago Tribune video review of May 28 show.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314
Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1846
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home