Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536
Current Page: 36 of 36
Re: The Greatest Ron Wood Solos
Date: May 19, 2014 15:23

Date: May 28, 2014 10:25

From Shidoobee (not my post, and I don't particularly agree either):

"The show yesterday had surprises - Mick Jagger on vocals and keyboard on Worried about You. On Midnight Rambler Mick Taylor nails it again on the first solo, second solo was Ronnie and to our surprise and even Mick Taylors surprise Ronnie overdid his part and serves a solo that blew everyone away. Mick Taylor was in awe of Ronnie and stopped playing for nearly a minute(I wonder if MT and Ronnie had extensive plastic surgery or they've hired Jeff Beck, Ritchie Blackmore), it was the best solo by Ronnie I've heard with Rolling Stones even with Faces. Midnight Rambler also had an amazing double duel solo between MJ and MT, pure magic. Mick Jagger had such energy, I haven't seen in years. Charlie was a clock, but with a very heavy punch.
On a Tumblin Dice I give the show 5 for the setlist(why can't they play Sway and CMYK or Let it Loose) and 6 for the overall performance".

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: May 28, 2014 10:59

DandelionPowderman

That's a reason why I like to get all five concerts from LA 75 in the official LA Friday sound quality.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 28, 2014 12:53

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: May 28, 2014 13:21

Worried About (based only on that clip) sounds great to me. Love it how they play and interact on stage with each other right now. I think Keith and Ronnie play really good. Mick Jagger gives a great performance. What a great band. See you at pinkpop!

Date: May 28, 2014 13:22

For me, WAY was a highlight, if not THE highlight of the show. I'm very much in the minority here, though, as so many I have talked to thought they should have skipped it confused smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 28, 2014 13:26

Markdog
Brown Sugar from Love You live which I think was a Paris 76 gig has to be one of my top RW solo's. More that just the solo but the playing throughout. His riff/licks overtop of Keith's rythmn is spectacular. It's all feel and rock n roll power. In fact no one has done it better IMO. The song is sloppy overall but that doesn't take away from RW firing on all cylinders.

Seriously give it a listen and tell me I'm wrong?!

[url=

][/url][/quote]

Great Ronnie....apart from THOSE PANTS!!!! ANd I love the way Bill nearly backs off the stage at about the minute or so stage! IS this the tour he fell off a stage????

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 28, 2014 13:28

DandelionPowderman

" Mick Taylor was in awe of Ronnie and stopped playing for nearly a minute ".

He was looking for his slide

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 28, 2014 13:40

DandelionPowderman
For me, WAY was a highlight, if not THE highlight of the show. I'm very much in the minority here, though, as so many I have talked to thought they should have skipped it confused smiley

+1

Date: May 28, 2014 14:00

bitusa2012
DandelionPowderman

" Mick Taylor was in awe of Ronnie and stopped playing for nearly a minute ".

He was looking for his slide

I know. I was just forwarding that post smiling smiley

Posted by: DoctorFreddie ()
Date: May 28, 2014 14:07

BowieStone
DandelionPowderman

+1

One of the highlights for me too

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: May 28, 2014 17:05

Yes, great Mick. Great version.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: May 29, 2014 11:14

I'd Rather Go Blind on the Faces live album, Coast to Coast: Overture and Beginners. This one's a different take, but it gives you an idea.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 11:20 by ab.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 29, 2014 13:47

(I wasnt really serious about this one..) He hasnt been able to come up with a good solo for WAY, nice sound though.

Redhotcarpet

Date: May 29, 2014 14:05

Yes, he has been able to come up with a great solo on WAY. I have proof from the dress rehearsals smiling smiley

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: June 6, 2014 19:04

Special mention for Ronnie bringing this version back home. Love that TONE!
(11:38) onwards.

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: June 7, 2014 02:25

Redhotcarpet

Hmmm ..... rather too fast ........ and Jagger wanting to 'control' proceedings rather than letting the band take the song and following their groove ......

in 72-73 the band were having to keep with Keith's pace - and now they are having to keep up with Jagger.

Mellow out on this one, men. Let it breathe.

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: June 7, 2014 02:39

Deluxtone
Redhotcarpet

Hmmm ..... rather too fast ........ and Jagger wanting to 'control' proceedings rather than letting the band take the song and following their groove ......

in 72-73 the band were having to keep with Keith's pace - and now they are having to keep up with Jagger.

Mellow out on this one, men. Let it breathe.

I agree.

This version is much better:

Mick sounds so much more powerful here!

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: June 7, 2014 13:18

andrewt

That is the best version of MR I heard for almost 40 years! Reminds me of the extended versions on the 75/76 tour.

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: June 7, 2014 16:04

is the overall sound of the band "beefed up" with Ronnie tending toards Les Pauls on this tour? I haven't heard any decent soundboards to make a judgement yet
john

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: June 24, 2014 04:03

Never liked his noodle solos but have liked very much at times his weaving and slide.

Posted by: TimeIs ()
Date: June 24, 2014 07:32

andrewt

Fantastic. Overall, I tend to prefer the Midnight Ramblers from the Licks and ABB tours because they were rhythmically tighter, especially around the beat changes, but these are great solos. Does anyone remember if Woody played a solo like this at the end of previous tour versions, or is it just a feature of this tour because they're making it more of a loose jam?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 1, 2014 13:52

ronnie's pedal steel solo on far away eyes at giants stadium 9/27/06.pure bliss to me ears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: mandariel ()
Date: January 18, 2015 01:42

Solo from "You can't always get what you want" @ Seattle, 18th July 1975 must be the one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-18 01:44 by mandariel.

Date: January 18, 2015 13:22

Redhotcarpet

I am very much torn by this performance. On the one hand like Dandy says - these kind of songs (nowadays in Slot 5 or 6) are IMO the hilight of show. And Ron's solo was great, although he always seems uncomfortable overshadowing and out playing Keith. Almost like he'll get an earfull later, LOL
But watching Jagger I am confused. It is like he doesn't trust his powers anymore; or what is it? He is not leading the crowd; he is following. it used to be the other way around; and if anything, his powers have increased. The way stadium-rock works is that the audience looks very much to the performer for cues. And Jagger's aura has only gotten bigger over the years. So why does he not trust his ;powers anymore? All the guest who come on stage...Jagger adapts to THEM, and very often the duet fails because of this.
On WAY Jagger did several things where you could see he was not lost in the moment but judging every reaction, and then himself re-reacting. I can understand that in the big leagues and the big money there has to be professionalism. And if anyone Jagger is the ultimate professional. But the crowd got HIM to clap along.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536
Current Page: 36 of 36

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home