Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:14

Who saw Taylor smoking a cigarette and tossing it just before the solo section??? He looks a bit nervous, he's waited 40 years for that moment and succeeded.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:20

DoomandGloom
Who saw Taylor smoking a cigarette and tossing it just before the solo section??? He looks a bit nervous, he's waited 40 years for that moment and succeeded.

Wonder if Jagger's PT/nutritionalist could give the guy a hand to get him mechanically and neurologically in top guitar playing form? The guy's still got the groove in him for sure.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:25

Taylor looks good compared to 2 years ago... Another account claims Jagger was worried about his weight and look. I am sure they've addressed that. Getting the Rolling Stones to quit smoking, that's a stretch but I'm surprised Taylor smoked in Jagger's proximity..

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:26

"Can't You hear Me Knocking?" made me speechless yesterday, and I don't know if I can do any better now. Sometimes some things just hit so hard, that any attempt to "analysis" seems inappropriate. I talked something about it - or reflected it to band's over-all dynamics in Taylor's sticky thread - but that had nothing to do with the impact the performance in that little (technically) crappy clip had on me.

It was a musical sex exercise. And this time first time for ages - it was not Mick Jagger responsible for it. No, Mick was just another band member warming up the band and us to the real action. The whole first section of the song - the real song - was just a foreplay to get us and them into it. To get horny. Yeah, the band was sloppy but still having more balls in their sound than in its earlier takes a decade ago. Keith hitted the riff chords simply and roughly, and the "boys" little beefing it. Jagger sounded like an amateur sometimes, running out of any ideas finally, and just somehow delivering the last lines before letting the band free. Haven't seen Jagger so "out of it" for ages. Perhaps he was so anxious than all of us to hear what Lil' Mick do. Maybe he was a nervous as well. He's human, after all.

Well... then... finally.... Mick Taylor, with a great assistance of Bobby Keys, gave to him, to them. and to us, such a sex act... no, that's too rude word... it was pure making love, damn kama sutra in guitar. The last moments, when finally getting to the outro - which asked patience from forever eager Jagger - was such an orgastic musical explotion I haven't seen for ages or ever. That determination in Taylor's face and sound - and the whole band just in total awe of him, staring at him - perhaps not even really understanding what is happening now - the band totally taken over by that guitar, and them just... lovingly following that guidance until the happy end.

And I thought I've seen it all.... Never mind the mistakes, sloppiness. who did and what, etc. Music just cannot be better for me. This is it.

The Rolling Stones 2013. My band.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 22:27 by Doxa.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:34

Perfectly stated, Doxa. I can't stop watching the damn thing. It's surreal almost. Never ever thought I'd see anything like this again. Am I dreaming?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:39

Doxa
"Can't You hear Me Knocking?" made me speechless yesterday, and I don't know if I can do any better now. Sometimes some things just hit so hard, that any attempt to "analysis" seems inappropriate. I talked something about it - or reflected it to band's over-all dynamics in Taylor's sticky thread - but that had nothing to do with the impact the performance in that little (technically) crappy clip had on me.

It was a musical sex exercise. And this time first time for ages - it was not Mick Jagger responsible for it. No, Mick was just another band member warming up the band and us to the real action. The whole first section of the song - the real song - was just a foreplay to get us and them into it. To get horny. Yeah, the band was sloppy but still having more balls in their sound than in its earlier takes a decade ago. Keith hitted the riff chords simply and roughly, and the "boys" little beefing it. Jagger sounded like an amateur sometimes, running out of any ideas finally, and just somehow delivering the last lines before letting the band free. Haven't seen Jagger so "out of it" for ages. Perhaps he was so anxious than all of us to hear what Lil' Mick do. Maybe he was a nervous as well. He's human, after all.

Well... then... finally.... Mick Taylor, with a great assistance of Bobby Keys, gave to him, to them. and to us, such a sex act... no, that's too rude word... it was pure making love, damn kama sutra in guitar. The last moments, when finally getting to the outro - which asked patience from forever eager Jagger - was such an orgastic musical explotion I haven't seen for ages or ever. That determination in Taylor's face and sound - and the whole band just in total awe of him, staring at him - perhaps not even really understanding what is happening now - the band totally taken over by that guitar, and them just... lovingly following that guidance until the happy end.

And I thought I've seen it all.... Never mind the mistakes, sloppiness. who did and what, etc. Music just cannot be better for me. This is it.

- Doxa

Totally agree - the best PR for a continuing tour in the fall - a tour, initially burried in bad PR because of high ticket prices, will be carried further on based a fantastic music experience.

Jagger, if you are reading this, drop the guest appearances and use Mick Taylor on more songs - that will make this tour "heaven on earth" and you can extent the tour Worldwide hopefully with a new CD later on.

I guess the rest of the band totally agrees. Charlie and Daryll love it.

Date: May 22, 2013 22:40

Doxa

- Doxa

Jagger skipped the last line to give the cue to the band to where MT should start his solo.

The rest of your post is brilliant smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:51

DandelionPowderman
Jagger skipped the last line to give the cue to the band to where MT should start his solo.

Oh did he? To me it sounded like he was willing to do that even earlier and the final lines he actually did sounded damn forced.

But that doesn't matter. The band should not rest on Jagger's shoulders always, and in a context like this, it was almost suitable that Jagger was more like a follower than a leader.

- Doxa

taylor moved more in one night
Posted by: dgodkin ()
Date: May 22, 2013 08:30

mick taylor moved more in one night at staples than he did the whole time he was in the band on ladies in gentleman he might have moved six inches left or right pure joy will get u moving

Re: taylor moved more in one night
Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 08:42

Bill Wyman TaLked About That In The "Extra" Scenes In The MoviE, Stones In Exile. He Makes Fun Of Mick Taylor Because All We Could See In That Era Was The Top Of His HEad. Then Bill Goes On To Make Fun Of Himself For Not Moving too

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:35

Taylor should probably stretch with Mick beforehand...I'd hate to see him pull a hammy...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: May 22, 2013 22:55

How do we know that this Mick Taylor is not a body double like Ringo was in the Beatles?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:11

GravityBoy
How do we know that this Mick Taylor is not a body double like Ringo was in the Beatles?

Don't say that about Mick Taylor...he's been losing weight and I think is looking quite svelte!

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:13

treaclefingers
GravityBoy

Don't say that about Mick Taylor...he's been losing weight and I think is looking quite svelte!

you're jumping the gun...svelte is friday's unofficial word of the day....

Date: May 22, 2013 23:25

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

If we're actually going to move forward on this proposal, and I think we should, I vote we pick a country for each day, and a unique word from that country.

Case in point, svelte. Come on, that can't be an English word. Swedish maybe?

So, not only introduce new words but also what country it's from (and a map reference), how it's derived, famous people that have used the word, and to keep the thread on topic, either who in the Stones has used the word, or, if none have, who it would best suit.

As an international website welcoming people the world over, it's the least we can do.

Date: May 22, 2013 23:27

treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

If we're actually going to move forward on this proposal, and I think we should, I vote we pick a country for each day, and a unique word from that country.

So, not only introduce new words but also what country it's from (and a map reference), how it's derived, famous people that have used the word, and to keep the thread on topic, either who in the Stones has used the word, or, if none have, who it would best suit.

As an international website welcoming people the world over, it's the least we can do.

your proposal is rejected....on the grounds that we always do less than the least we can do...

Date: May 22, 2013 23:38

GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GRNRBITW
treaclefingers
GravityBoy

your proposal is rejected....on the grounds that we always do less than the least we can do...

at least it was considered...thank you for your kind consideration

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:41

Doxa

- Doxa

Doxa - Your turning me on with your commentary.....

I had the similiar feelings watching this, after seeing Taylor play this song so many times with his "bands" and to finally see it with the Stones brought a tear to my eye!!!

MLC

Posted by: svt22 ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:41

I think Charlie nailed it at 8:26 - 8:29.

Date: May 22, 2013 23:42

i haven't seen this much crying in the stones community since SOL was featured on days of our lives...

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:42

I hope MJ appreciated CYHMK and gives it a few more opportunities for the rest of the tour. I think he was more nervous about performing this than any of the others (including Taylor, with cigarette in hand).
We all know about Jagger wanting to rush Taylor's solo, but just before the song started he turned to Chuck and made a comment, a reference for Chuck to start the cowbell for Honkey Tonk, then Chuck immediately pointed to Keith and thus the intro to CYHMK. Maybe Mick subconsciouly was afraid to do the song?
When MJ wanted to cut the song short it's as if he's saying, "come on guys, you know this is all about me".
..meanwhile, it was obvious that MT, Ronnie and Keith were having a blast with the song.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:43

MCDDTLC
Doxa

- Doxa

Doxa - Your turning me on with your commentary.....

I had the similiar feelings watching this, after seeing Taylor play this song so many times with his "bands" and to finally see it with the Stones brought a tear to my eye!!!

MLC

Taylor made a grown man (Jagger) cry.

Posted by: MCDDTLC ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:48

Kleer - He made more than just Jagger & Me... listen to that LA crowd at the end!!!!

just read a LA reporter's story, he said: this song blew the roof off Staples,
and he saw grown men crying around him!!!!!!

MLC

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:49

GRNRBITW
i haven't seen this much crying in the stones community since SOL was featured on days of our lives...

Crying and orgasms.

Date: May 22, 2013 23:55

svt22

I can't stop watching this...and it's not just Taylor. It's the Stones surprising themselves and bringing things (and us) to new heights. Pure joy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-22 23:56 by 71Tele.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: May 22, 2013 23:57

Roadster32
[touch.latimes.com]

Thanks for posting! This WAS a really great review! One actually written by an informed Stones fan.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 23, 2013 00:00

71Tele
svt22

I can't stop watching this...and it's not just Taylor. It's the Stones surprising themselves and bringing things (and us) to new heights. Pure joy.

When I get home tonight, I'm going to hook my computer up to my large screen TV and watch this until my wife comes in the room and says, "Bluzdude, how many times can you sit there and watch this?"

Charlie was great on this too!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: May 23, 2013 00:19

I'm still digging Taylor's soloing on Sway. Close your eyes and it could almost be 1973 again, ha-ha. By the sounds of it, his technique has changed very little in the last 40 years. I really enjoy his fluid, classical-like lines. His style has a very continental feel to it. He doesn't sound bluesy, at all.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: May 23, 2013 00:19

Unbelievable that performance of Mick T.on Can your hear me knocking!He should have had a longer solo on Sway too.

Date: May 23, 2013 00:21

BluzDude
71Tele
svt22

When I get home tonight, I'm going to hook my computer up to my large screen TV and watch this until my wife comes in the room and says, "Bluzdude, how many times can you sit there and watch this?"

Charlie was great on this too!

Me too! I don't think I have had this much fun with the Stones since they rolled down 5th Avenue in New York playing Brown Sugar.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home