Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Date: May 23, 2013 09:47

kleermaker
BluzDude
stonehearted
BluzDude
When I get home tonight, I'm going to hook my computer up to my large screen TV and watch this until my wife comes in the room and says, "Bluzdude, how many times can you sit there and watch this?"

Your wife calls you "Bluzdude"?

Your kids must have names even more interesting than Frank Zappa's kids.

Brian? ... but his birthday is July 26. Dr told my wife she had to have a C-section between July 25 & 27....I immediately told my wife and her doctor that is's going to be on the 26th.

When my wife rails at me she always calls me a Taylorite. I always reply No, no, I'm a Taylorian.

You're right on the brink of becoming a Taylorist winking smiley

Date: May 23, 2013 09:49

harald2002
Some of my Los Angeles Pics.

We are back in Hamburg/Germany and we are still flashed from this great Show!
Wow - what an extraordinary great Show! What a great setlist !!!
They were perfect and it seems they enjoyed this Show very much.

That JJF-pic is priceless! Great shots thumbs up

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:21

Harald, geile Bilder! Hot pics .... Danke!thumbs up

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:25

JerkyLittleGIJoe
Wuudy
It's fun to watch Jagger. It seems like he is really uncomfortable with this long solo. It looks like he keeps making gestures that Taylor should get on with it.

Wuudy, Mick is really getting into the solo. He must be realizing what he has been missing in the live version of this song and its wonderful solo by Mick T. You can see him say to Taylor @ 6:52, "go!...Play!"
It's only going to get better from here!

Haha, suuure winking smiley It seems to me that he is saying "Come on" a lot as in, get on with it. Especially the bit where he's walking over to Keith and after that signals to Taylor that he should go to the ending! I loved it, great solo!

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: JimNitro ()
Date: May 23, 2013 11:53

Damn Damn Damn...everytime I hear Can't you hear me knockin or Sway I keep thinking this is the best Stones Tour Ever....please please please let Mick Taylor back in the band and RECORD a new CD with him....this is only going to get better...

DAMN!!!!

And KEEP TOURING!!!! I Want to see the band again...or maybe a few more times even...

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 23, 2013 13:36

Great pix.
thanks
jeroen

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: May 23, 2013 14:49

Doxa
kleermaker
BluzDude
stonehearted
BluzDude
When I get home tonight, I'm going to hook my computer up to my large screen TV and watch this until my wife comes in the room and says, "Bluzdude, how many times can you sit there and watch this?"

Your wife calls you "Bluzdude"?

Your kids must have names even more interesting than Frank Zappa's kids.

Brian? ... but his birthday is July 26. Dr told my wife she had to have a C-section between July 25 & 27....I immediately told my wife and her doctor that is's going to be on the 26th.

When my wife rails at me she always calls me a Taylorite. I always reply No, no, I'm a Taylorian.

Aah, there is a difference. Is it just an aesthetic one, or is there actual semantic difference between those two notions? I trust your authority here...

- Doxa

The latter of course and I know you're too intelligent not to understand it. cool smiley

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:04

smiling smiley thumbs upspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Wuudy
JerkyLittleGIJoe
Wuudy
It's fun to watch Jagger. It seems like he is really uncomfortable with this long solo. It looks like he keeps making gestures that Taylor should get on with it.

Wuudy, Mick is really getting into the solo. He must be realizing what he has been missing in the live version of this song and its wonderful solo by Mick T. You can see him say to Taylor @ 6:52, "go!...Play!"
It's only going to get better from here!

Haha, suuure winking smiley It seems to me that he is saying "Come on" a lot as in, get on with it. Especially the bit where he's walking over to Keith and after that signals to Taylor that he should go to the ending! I loved it, great solo!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:44

harald2002
Some of my Los Angeles Pics.

We are back in Hamburg/Germany and we are still flashed from this great Show!
Wow - what an extraordinary great Show! What a great setlist !!!
They were perfect and it seems they enjoyed this Show very much.

Fantastic pics, thanks for sharing! What camera were you using?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 15:59

I filmed my "walkin into the first row" the Staples-Center Los Angeles /20.May 2013.
Amazing, we are really the first ones !!!
This never happens in live again. WOW !!!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: May 23, 2013 16:11

Fantastic pics, Harald! Maybe the best pics of the modern Stones on stage I've seen.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: May 23, 2013 17:40

Wonderful pictures, Harald. Thanks for posting.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: May 23, 2013 19:01

Thanks so much for those great pics harald 2002.

Some of those shots are the best I seen for years.

Ronnie and Keith looking at MT and the one of the 3 guitarists with Daryl on bass.

Absolutely priceless. smileys with beer

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 23, 2013 19:08

Harald, you're the greatest!

Love the photos and also your "walk-in"

Date: May 23, 2013 19:23

Yep, terrific, takes me back to my O2/25th spot! So what camera did you use?

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: May 23, 2013 19:24

Wuudy

I do not see that at all. To repost something I posted on another thread:....Taylor is the loose cannon on this tour and you get the feeling that you are discovering a performance at the same time the band does. It's delicious. You especially get that feeling with CYHMK. Jagger steps back, releases control of the stage and is almost giddy with spontaneous joy that he has to share with Woody, then Keith. He's become part of the audience. Amazing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 19:27 by pmk251.

Date: May 23, 2013 20:18

Exactly my thoughts after watching the videos a few times too many ;-) It's not often that you see Mick taking a back seat and enjoying the moment so that must have been really good ;-)

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: May 23, 2013 20:59

harald2002
I filmed my "walkin into the first row" the Staples-Center Los Angeles /20.May 2013.
Amazing, we are really the first ones !!!
This never happens in live again. WOW !!!

Thats exciting for sure...glad they had the good sense to have some SRV playing...

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: May 23, 2013 21:54

Is Mick trying to be Cousin It?

Or maybe the Stanford tree?

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: May 23, 2013 22:06

harald2002

Wow, Charlie is really pissed of at Mick Taylor on this one. Looks like he's gonna bite or spit. Did he? I wasn't there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-23 22:07 by BowieStone.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 23, 2013 22:08

?

Yes, and Mick is sleeping. And Chuck is dressed in Santa Claus.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 23, 2013 22:27

roby
?

Yes, and Mick is sleeping. And Chuck is dressed in Santa Claus.

Good One, I thought almost the samethumbs up

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 23, 2013 23:24

pmk251
Wuudy

I do not see that at all. To repost something I posted on another thread:....Taylor is the loose cannon on this tour and you get the feeling that you are discovering a performance at the same time the band does. It's delicious. You especially get that feeling with CYHMK. Jagger steps back, releases control of the stage and is almost giddy with spontaneous joy that he has to share with Woody, then Keith. He's become part of the audience. Amazing!
thumbs up

Date: May 23, 2013 23:30

JumpinJackOLantern
Tonight ends the western swing. Wonder if this is it for the west coast? I mean, forever? Kind of a strange feeling to think that this may be the last performance ever on the west coast.

Mick calls the shots and apparently he doesn't think so...he didn't say "see you next year" like in 1981 (we know what happened to that promise...) but on Dan's recording you can hear him say "it's our last show in California for a while"...they'll be back!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 23, 2013 23:37

Great pictures and video Harald. Thanks.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: JerkyLittleGIJoe ()
Date: May 23, 2013 23:57

thumbs up
pmk251
Wuudy

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:06

Harald: I LOVE your pictures!! Echt klasse Bilder, Alter! Kannst Du mal sagen, welche Kamera es war und so? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

pmk251 - exactly my thoughts, too. And I would prefer this version over the other one, really.

What I keep missing for a long time is long solos, i.e. licks and lines which are allowed to develop and take their time. This was always what carried me away with music - the more or less spontane expression of feelings from the guitar and the building up of tension which then is allowed to even climax.

Sadly, that's a rare thing these days and also, for the player, it's not easy, but risky and it shure takes some capabilities in playing and, not at least, balls to perfom like this.

With Taylor, the Stones can show some of these wonderful moments again and I really, really hope that they keep that 4 Taylor songs (or more) for this tour.

But then again: once started, it would be difficult to cut it off again, IMHO ... you know what I mean?

Cheers,
Johannes

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-24 01:14 by waterrats.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 24, 2013 01:22

JerkyLittleGIJoe
thumbs up
pmk251
Wuudy

Oh yeah, he's certainly giddy. His gesture with his finger across his throat certainly indicates that he wants Taylor to get to the last bit of the solo and end the song. In the other video that was posted you can see Taylor nodding to Jagger and then he goes to the end bit.
Given the great response of the audience at the end I sure hope they keep it in the setlist.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:18

What the stones and in particular Jagger doesn't realize is that the Stones is not just a Rock band but also a Jam Band. MT certainly brings this out.

Posted by: duffydawg ()
Date: May 24, 2013 03:20

Any idea what Jagger said to Richards and what Richards reply was? I am thinking:

MJ to KR: "I told you so (about long solo)"
KR to MJ: "You are a douche, let the kid play, he is a @#$%& star, I shouldn't have ranked on him all those years but the Heroine was giving me an unending throbbing headache."

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 27 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2213
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home