Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:53

Are they about to go on or are they still wrapping gifts?

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 06:53 by Marhsall.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:54

MisterDDDD
JumpinJackOLantern
Tonight ends the western swing. Wonder if this is it for the west coast? I mean, forever? Kind of a strange feeling to think that this may be the last performance ever on the west coast.

No.
They'll be back next year.

Like Keith has said... once the wheel starts rolling...

From what I understand there are more 'legs' of this 'tour' planned in the US, this year.

But they also planned to play South America in 1975. One never really knows with the Stones as someone could get a hangnail or steal the last shrimp and the whole thing is called off.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:01

Ronnie just tweeted "about to go on stage" plus a nice pic of him and Sally with Keith & girls - sorry, don't know how to repost twitter pics here.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:06

JumpinJackOLantern
Mick Taylor was only scheduled to perform one song on this tour, but thanks to BV and IORR we get him back on stage to close the show. Let's be thankful for getting an additional 5-7 minutes of MT. He is on stage now for almost 20 minutes. I am thrilled.
Man, you really are delusional, aren't you? Okay, for your sake, let's just pretend that fans had a role in MT's second song performance, what makes you think it was because of us on IORR? There are, at least, three different Stones message boards (that I know of). Or what about Facebook? Maybe people requested more Taylor on there? Or twitter? Maybe some nutjob has been tweeting Mick Jagger a thousand times a day.

But no, in your mind, it was IORR and nobody else that has a magical role in what the Stones do.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:06

Green Lady
Ronnie just tweeted "about to go on stage" plus a nice pic of him and Sally with Keith & girls - sorry, don't know how to repost twitter pics here.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 07:13 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:08

sonomastone
DoomandGloom
One look at the picture explains much of what is going on in Stones land. Jagger wants a sober band as long as Keith is not 100% on board he will remain at arms distance from Mick's love. I have little doubt this group is prepared to work if Keith doesn't put his best effort forward. I know this is hard for some to swallow but this is big business, Keith can do everyone a favor and work as hard as the rest of the group. Some of those SFTD solos are embarrassing for the band as well as us fans who love him.

You don't know what you're talking about

Did you listen to the solo yourself? If not, don't speak.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:10

Well it's a group effort but this site is ablaze with MT support.....JackO is cool and loves the music as much as anyone here.... And now The Rolling Stones... (I always wanted to do that).....

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:11

Keith has no hair, but with the bandanna, it looks fuller.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:11

1. Get Off My Cloud

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:13

Brstonesfan
Keith has no hair, but with the bandanna, it looks fuller.

It's because there is a bandanna there.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:13

Hey it's Jesse from Breaking Bad.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:14

treaclefingers
sonomastone
DoomandGloom
One look at the picture explains much of what is going on in Stones land. Jagger wants a sober band as long as Keith is not 100% on board he will remain at arms distance from Mick's love. I have little doubt this group is prepared to work if Keith doesn't put his best effort forward. I know this is hard for some to swallow but this is big business, Keith can do everyone a favor and work as hard as the rest of the group. Some of those SFTD solos are embarrassing for the band as well as us fans who love him.

of course. and i wasn't referring to the solo.

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:15

GumbootCloggeroo
Hey it's Jesse from Breaking Bad.

Yeah! Stones, bitch!

Date: May 21, 2013 07:16

I wonder how much it would cost to get Jerry Springer to host the fighting here?

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()

treaclefingers
sonomastone
DoomandGloom

of course, I am home sick and have watched almost everything available, plus the one I witnessed in Brooklyn which sounded like I was standing in Guitar Center on a Saturday. I really don't want to become a Keith basher, he is after all my favorite guitarist of all time, others made some good points on Taylor's weaknesses, I'm good with that, go Stones!!!

1. Get Off Of my Cloud
2. IORR
3. Paint it Black

Date: May 21, 2013 07:22

Cannot friggen wait to hear this one...

Gimme Shelter.

Date: May 21, 2013 07:24

Max'sKansasCity
I wonder how much it would cost to get Jerry Springer to host the fighting here?

No, we need the 2 guys from Celebrity Death Match.

Date: May 21, 2013 07:25

Green Lady
Max'sKansasCity

No, we need the 2 guys from Celebrity Death Match.

YEAH!!! Those guys would be even awesomer!

Posted by: JackHampshire ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:25

What could you possibly be talking about? Nazis? Some people "thumping" bibles are the equivalent of mass murderers? You need to take freshman high school history. And I can just bet you were in the face of the security people. You can have LA. What a pit!

Posted by: tiffjagger ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:28

wopperla
Thank God we are out of Anaheim.

Did anyone notice the Nazi vibe Saturday night? Starting with the Really Milataristic Bible Thumpers lined up every ten feet outside the Honda to the completely obnoxious Honda Usher who got into my face during Brown Sugar because I was one foot into the aisle and then the infamous Exit route created by who knows who to make sure we CANNOT get on Katella to easily get back on the 5 Freeway but wind up on some back road on the outskirts of Anaheim.

Just me?

Anyone else?

Anyway glad to back in La La Land tonight!

So agree! The bible thumpers are always around but in Anaheim it was crazy. Tons of police everywhere too. I've never seen a venue like that ever.
We came out an exit thinking we were taking a right on Katella to get back to the hotel and ended up having no choice but to get on the Santa Ana freeway. Plus there was an absolute lunatic of a 25 year old dork who must never of been to a concert before because he was honking his horn and cussing at everyone because he had to wait in line with everyone else to exit the lot. I hope someone punches that guy someday because he really needs it.
Anyway it was still the best experience ever because we scored the PIT! Yeah Anaheim!
But happy to be back in Santa Cruz.

Date: May 21, 2013 07:29

GumbootCloggeroo
JumpinJackOLantern
Mick Taylor was only scheduled to perform one song on this tour, but thanks to BV and IORR we get him back on stage to close the show. Let's be thankful for getting an additional 5-7 minutes of MT. He is on stage now for almost 20 minutes. I am thrilled.
Man, you really are delusional, aren't you? Okay, for your sake, let's just pretend that fans had a role in MT's second song performance, what makes you think it was because of us on IORR? There are, at least, three different Stones message boards (that I know of). Or what about Facebook? Maybe people requested more Taylor on there? Or twitter? Maybe some nutjob has been tweeting Mick Jagger a thousand times a day.

But no, in your mind, it was IORR and nobody else that has a magical role in what the Stones do.

I can accept the possibility that the other message boards, Facebook, and twitter played a role, but it was BV that started a thread here requesting more than one song for Mick Taylor and within days Mick Taylor is performing on an additional song.

I have always believed that the Stones have been tuned in here. There is no doubt in my mind that this board is respected by Mick Jagger and company. If I thought otherwise I wouldn't be here.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:30

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:34

DoomandGloom
treaclefingers
sonomastone
DoomandGloom

of course, I am home sick and have watched almost everything available, plus the one I witnessed in Brooklyn which sounded like I was standing in Guitar Center on a Saturday. I really don't want to become a Keith basher, he is after all my favorite guitarist of all time, others made some good points on Taylor's weaknesses, I'm good with that, go Stones!!!

Go stones!

Date: May 21, 2013 07:36

Any updates or is this just the shortest show ever?

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:37

Tonyz
Any updates or is this just the shortest show ever?

hahaha
yeah, the bloom is off the rose when it comes to show coverage - no stones tweets - nothing much here - what happened??

Date: May 21, 2013 07:39

No setlist tweets from anyone I know of tonight. StonesPlanetBrazil just said "Faraway Eyes (possible" whatever that means....

Posted by: marianna ()

Ack, wish I coulda been at this show. Mick T. on "Sway."

Posted by: hbwriter ()

hey i called it - Taylor on Sway

Posted by: Vocalion ()
Date: May 21, 2013 07:40

TAYLOR ON SWAY!!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2456
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home