Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: RollingStonesRob ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:30

That is cool! 4 songs with Mick Taylor.

htttp://www.last.fm/user/rocknrollcola

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:30

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
I wonder if Mick mentioned Ray passing away?

That would have been a cool thing to do. Funny, but I had just watched a clip tonight of when Stevie Wonder had to announce to the audience at his show that John Lennon had just been killed.

I am mainly curious, wondering how Mick balances the risk of taking the wind out a show versus paying respects to a great LA musician. I wouldnt/couldnt advise him, he knows best. I just wonder.

My guess (only a guess) is that he wouldn't want to disrupt the flow of the show. If it were more of a news headline then maybe he would risk it.

Yeah, I agree with that.... Plus if they could play a Doors song it might make metnioning his passing more appropriate, but earlier I couldnt come up with a Doors songs the Stoneswould/should play.... which just goes to show how cool the Doors were.

Anyway... I wonder how Master Mick handled it. He is the best.

Well, I'm happy to agree here, I'm happy to agree anywhere...An extended virtual handshake to you, sir.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:33

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
I wonder if Mick mentioned Ray passing away?

That would have been a cool thing to do. Funny, but I had just watched a clip tonight of when Stevie Wonder had to announce to the audience at his show that John Lennon had just been killed.

I am mainly curious, wondering how Mick balances the risk of taking the wind out a show versus paying respects to a great LA musician. I wouldnt/couldnt advise him, he knows best. I just wonder.

My guess (only a guess) is that he wouldn't want to disrupt the flow of the show. If it were more of a news headline then maybe he would risk it.

Yeah, I agree with that.... Plus if they could play a Doors song it might make metnioning his passing more appropriate, but earlier I couldnt come up with a Doors songs the Stoneswould/should play.... which just goes to show how cool the Doors were.

Anyway... I wonder how Master Mick handled it. He is the best.

Well, I'm happy to agree here, I'm happy to agree anywhere...An extended virtual handshake to you, sir.

Can you get to the Chicago show?

Date: May 21, 2013 09:34

Green Lady
....Hey - where did ADTL come from? Maybe we'd better wait until that lazy monkey gets round to tweeting the post-show pic of the setlist.

It must be hard for a noob to start trying live the rock and roll lifestyle, the monkey got too much too fast, and now, just look at him winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:34

Just saw the setlist...wow, is this really happening? I remember being pretty shaken at the O2/25th when MT popped up on stage...and this is now at a different level altogether!

Can't wait for the comments and vids! Hope it went down well (how couldn't it !!!) and that at least Sway or CYHMR stay each night. Sure it was a second show in LA but the 18th was a second show in Anaheim too...well I guess this was a fourth show in the area!

Date: May 21, 2013 09:35

71Tele

I said I wasnt going out again until they came to me... but whats a poor boy to do?

Date: May 21, 2013 09:37

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele

I said I wasnt going out again until they came to me... but whats a poor boy to do?

Well, I really hope you can make it. Let me know if you do.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:37

This is good news, and welcomed changes in the setlist!

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:39

Where are the videos?

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:40

Looking forward seeing the videos of sway and can't you hear

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:41

Thrylan
EddieByword
winter
EddieByword
Thrylan
I really hope they pulled these off, and got a good reaction. One hopes they are as aggressive with the warhouse section too.

That's what I thought, revamp the 2nd half and we'll be getting somewhere.........

You mean like replacing Satisfaction with a 7 minute version of "2120 S Michigan Ave" where Jagger brings the house down with a wicked harp jam? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or replacing Sympathy with Time waits for no-one, or Start me up with Silver train, or Miss you with Finger print file.........YCAGWYW with Going home...........................

The best Sympathy is the 69' live..............with MT soloing.......would keep a warhorse, AND shake it up. If sway or CYHMK doesn't work just move MT there. While I DO NOT advocate him for the whole show, I do support him getting a shot at HIS solos.

thumbs up

Date: May 21, 2013 09:43

BustedButton
Where are the videos?

Just a reminder, not being snotty, simply asking for everyone's help....

The show in video threads take a lot of effort from a lot of people, everyone should should feel free to keep track of the video threads, see what is needed and look for videos on youtube to make it better. Just a few people should not be expected to do it all. The more the merrier.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:43

Not the whole show, but the mini-set idea was the right one, I think, even though they spaced out his songs tonight. Wouldn't make much sense for Taylor to play on something like Miss You.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:44

BustedButton
Where are the videos?

Everybody stood there with their mouths open, too gobsmacked to take any!

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:46

Green Lady
BustedButton
Where are the videos?

Everybody stood there with their mouths open, too gobsmacked to take any!
Actually that would be cool if it turns out to be true.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:49

This is simply incredible. Not just to have such dark masterpieces as "Sway", "Knocking" and "Rambler" all in the set list, but having Mick Taylor on there.... I think thost three songs were in my dream list when we were dreaming about Taylor doing a three song set, but honestly, I couldn't believe that could turn real any day.

Seeing and hearing "Midnight Rambler" last fall was the biggest singular surprising (in quality) live experience from The Stones I had for years and years, and now dying to see the evidence if the euphoria continues....

A Christmas in May...

- Doxa

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:51

This is amazing...well done MR Jagger! Now they are cooking.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:51

Not sure if everyone understand how to search and look and filter video on youtube, but the more you do it the better you get. Start with using the "when uploaded" filters.... for instance "videos posted in the last hour"

Then try different search words... "Stones", LA, STAPLES, TAYLOR, CYHMK, SWAY, etc etc
and if you find a person who did one good video, they probably did more...

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:52

And yeah, considering the policy of guests in this tour... the best "guests" today ever!winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: roby ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:55

Doxa
And yeah, considering the policy of guests in this tour... the best "guests" today ever!winking smiley

- Doxa

Yes, whaou, 4 songs with taylor, just great !

Posted by: undertheradar ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:56

Doxa

- Doxa

smileys with beer

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:04

Exactly, we do not need guests, especially guests who play guitars. We have Mick Taylor waiting in the wings for gods sake. He's a Stone and he should begin that stage as much as possible. There is no guest the fans want to see more than him, and if you need a way of selling tickets he's your man!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:06

Doxa
This is simply incredible. Not just to have such dark masterpieces as "Sway", "Knocking" and "Rambler" all in the set list, but having Mick Taylor on there.... I think thost three songs were in my dream list when we were dreaming about Taylor doing a three song set, but honestly, I couldn't believe that could turn real any day.

Seeing and hearing "Midnight Rambler" last fall was the biggest singular surprising (in quality) live experience from The Stones I had for years and years, and now dying to see the evidence if the euphoria continues....

A Christmas in May...

- Doxa

This, the question is will we want more Taylor or would we settle for this? Hehe...So far they've kept his spots, maybe only one this time though?

So no one from IORR went or they still busy "The Perfume" style after witnessing a modern day miracle ;-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 10:07 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:08

Fantastic setlist! And BOTH Can't you hear me knockin' and Midnight Rambler.
Not since Berlin ten years ago??

Posted by: goodvibe61 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:09

Now THAT'S a SHOW!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:14

JumpinJackOLantern
Vocalion
TAYLOR ON SWAY!!

IORR STRIKES AGAIN!

We're a pressure group now! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:14

They have just kicked it up quite a few notches. This is what was needed. They have finally unleashed him ! Don't need any other guests IMHO .............roll on Chicago !

sc uk

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:15

WOW

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: May 21, 2013 10:16

Maybe they're thinking that Taylor gets more songs when they don't have other guests?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: May 21, 2013 10:16

Doxa

A Christmas in May...

- Doxa

YES Doxa, a dream come true ...THANK YOU Mick Taylor!!!

And as I magically predicted earlier today with a bit of wishful thinking....

Hairball
No special guests mentioned yet?

Maybe it will be the ultimate MICK TAYLOR NIGHT!!!! thumbs up
'

Unbelievable... smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 10:19 by Hairball.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home