Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:00

71Tele
rollingon
Tt seems a absolutetly amazing setlis, I hope the videos are good and Taylor has succeeded well and I hope that Mick Taylor will get more playtime now permanently, maybe they have planned from beginning to give him more playtime after a few shows, and somebody has speculated (or even known?) about this earlier in this forum.

I don't even dream about more than 3 songs for Mick Taylor, I would be almost satisfied with 2 songs including real lead playing, especially if they would vary those two songs from time to time.

Seems like it would depend on how well it worked on whether they will continue to give MT more songs. Looking forward to reading comments from people who were there.

Yeah, I hope they went well. Both of them have important intros which set up the feel for the rest of the song. I know they can shy away from a number if they don't think it came up to par. They've pulled off some good CYHMK's before (esp. if KR would use more of the original nasty overdrive), but haven't quite caught the feel/style for Sway from the few I've heard.

Let's hope the band knocked them both out of the park tonight! Wow, what a show!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:01

Sway.

CYHMK.

Awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:29 by 71Tele.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:01

71Tele
DoomandGloom
BTW from what I read here Max is acting like an a-hole.

Quite amazing, isn't it? In the rush of excitement I posted this: "This just in: Taylorites rampaging through the streets of Los Angeles demand he be reinstated full time." To anyone with a brain, this was obviously a self-deprecating joke (me being a Taylorite and all) reflecting the excitement of the evening. I was obviously not actually seriously expecting Mick Taylor be fully reinstated in the band, but then again understanding hyperbole (or any other kind of humor) is obviously not this individual's strong point. Why ruin the fun? It's very weird.

We have moved on

Date: May 21, 2013 09:02

donnarq1
We got "Love in Vain" at the Echoplex show smiling smiley

Yeah; what the hell? Has any audio ever surfaced for that? I remember they took all cellphones so vid footage is scarce for that show, isn't it?

Date: May 21, 2013 09:02

winter
71Tele
rollingon
Tt seems a absolutetly amazing setlis, I hope the videos are good and Taylor has succeeded well and I hope that Mick Taylor will get more playtime now permanently, maybe they have planned from beginning to give him more playtime after a few shows, and somebody has speculated (or even known?) about this earlier in this forum.

I don't even dream about more than 3 songs for Mick Taylor, I would be almost satisfied with 2 songs including real lead playing, especially if they would vary those two songs from time to time.

Seems like it would depend on how well it worked on whether they will continue to give MT more songs. Looking forward to reading comments from people who were there.

Yeah, I hope they went well. Both of them have important intros which set up the feel for the rest of the song. I know they can shy away from a number if they don't think it came up to par. They've pulled off some good CYHMK's before (esp. if KR would use more of the original nasty overdrive), but haven't quite caught the feel/style for Sway from the few I've heard.

Let's hope the band knocked them both out of the park tonight! Wow, what a show!

Good point, Winter. Keith needs that nasty overdrive to properly put CYHMK over. Maybe he doesn't want to bother with a pedal.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:03

71Tele
DoomandGloom
BTW from what I read here Max is acting like an a-hole.

Quite amazing, isn't it? In the rush of excitement I posted this: "This just in: Taylorites rampaging through the streets of Los Angeles demand he be reinstated full time." To anyone with a brain, this was obviously a self-deprecating joke (me being a Taylorite and all) reflecting the excitement of the evening. I was obviously not actually seriously expecting Mick Taylor be fully reinstated in the band, but then again understanding hyperbole (or any other kind of humor) is obviously not this individual's strong point. Why ruin the fun? It's very weird.

And even as I might back off , notice Tele keeps on charging, he has history of doing this. I am fair, he gets what he deserves.

sonomastone

We have moved on

Good! smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:30 by 71Tele.

Posted by: Thrylan ()

I really hope they pulled these off, and got a good reaction. One hopes they are as aggressive with the warhouse section too.

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:04

Winter, we had to leave our cell phones in the car.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:05

Thrylan
I really hope they pulled these off, and got a good reaction. One hopes they are as aggressive with the warhouse section too.

That's what I thought, revamp the 2nd half and we'll be getting somewhere.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:06

EddieByword
Thrylan

That's waht I thought, revamp the 2nd half and we'll be getting somewhere.........

According to one site the war horse section stayed the same

Date: May 21, 2013 09:08

I believe the rest of us have moved on. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:31 by 71Tele.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:09

Any comments yet from folks who were there?

Date: May 21, 2013 09:11

I wonder if Mick mentioned Ray passing away?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:12

Wow, what a great show. Very envious of all that were there. My sister emaed me from the nosebleeds (85$ tix). She seems happy enough.

EddieByword
Thrylan

That's what I thought, revamp the 2nd half and we'll be getting somewhere.........

You mean like replacing Satisfaction with a 7 minute version of "2120 S Michigan Ave" where Jagger brings the house down with a wicked harp jam? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

sonomastone
EddieByword
Thrylan

That's waht I thought, revamp the 2nd half and we'll be getting somewhere.........

According to one site the war horse section stayed the same[/quotep

"Little by Little" When there is footage, I hope we can give honest opinions without getting killed.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:13

This is Heaven!!!! Thank you RS and MT for making this a Dream come True ...

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:15

winter
EddieByword
Thrylan

You mean like replacing Satisfaction with a 7 minute version of "2120 S Michigan Ave" where Jagger brings the house down with a wicked harp jam? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Or replacing Sympathy with Time waits for no-one, or Start me up with Silver train, or Miss you with Finger print file.........YCAGWYW with Going home/let it Loose and T.Dice with Hide your love....................................

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:19 by EddieByword.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:15

Max'sKansasCity

That would have been a cool thing to do. Funny, but I had just watched a clip tonight of when Stevie Wonder had to announce to the audience at his show that John Lennon had just been killed.

Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:16

71Tele
Any comments yet from folks who were there?

News reports have fans still gathering their collective jaws from the arena floor.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:19

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

That would have been a cool thing to do. Funny, but I had just watched a clip tonight of when Stevie Wonder had to announce to the audience at his show that John Lennon had just been killed.

I am mainly curious, wondering how Mick balances the risk of taking the wind out a show versus paying respects to a great LA musician. I wouldnt/couldnt advise him, he knows best. I just wonder.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:20

This setlist sounds like bliss to me. Just hope the response to it encourages them to keep some of these new additions (and add others).

Date: May 21, 2013 09:21

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I am mainly curious, wondering how Mick balances the risk of taking the wind out a show versus paying respects to a great LA musician. I wouldnt/couldnt advise him, he knows best. I just wonder.

My guess (only a guess) is that he wouldn't want to disrupt the flow of the show. If it were more of a news headline then maybe he would risk it.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:22

EddieByword
winter
EddieByword
Thrylan

Or replacing Sympathy with Time waits for no-one, or Start me up with Silver train, or Miss you with Finger print file.........YCAGWYW with Going home...........................

The best Sympathy is the 69' live..............with MT soloing.......would keep a warhorse, AND shake it up. If sway or CYHMK doesn't work just move MT there. While I DO NOT advocate him for the whole show, I do support him getting a shot at HIS solos.

I just saw tonight's LA setlist... so we've gotten the dream, right?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:07

I mean, this is what we wanted!

Date: May 21, 2013 09:25

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

My guess (only a guess) is that he wouldn't want to disrupt the flow of the show. If it were more of a news headline then maybe he would risk it.

Yeah, I agree with that.... Plus if they could play a Doors song it might make metnioning his passing more appropriate, but earlier I couldnt come up with a Doors songs the Stoneswould/should play.... which just goes to show how cool the Doors were.

Anyway... I wonder how Master Mick handled it. He is the best.

Date: May 21, 2013 09:27

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Yeah, I agree with that.... Plus if they could play a Doors song it might make metnioning his passing more appropriate, but earlier I couldnt come up with a Doors songs the Stoneswould/should play.... which just goes to show how cool the Doors were.

Anyway... I wonder how Master Mick handled it. He is the best.

Well, I'm happy to agree here, I'm happy to agree anywhere...An extended virtual handshake to you, sir.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:27

CYHMK and Sway with Taylor....whamost exciting news on the 2012/2013 tour, so far. Hope they sounded good as well, and that Taylor gets 4 songs every night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:31 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:28

Final setlist:

1 - Get Off Of my Cloud
2 - IORR
3 - Paint it Black
4 - Gimme Shelter
5 - All Down the Line
6 - Far Away Eyes
7 - Sway with Mick Taylor
8 - Doom and Gloom
9 - One More Shot
10 - Can´t You Hear me Knocking with Mick Taylor
11 - Honky Tonk Women
12 - You Got the Silver - Keith
13 - Before They Make me Run - Keith
14 - Midnight Rambler with Mick Taylor
15 - Miss You
16 - Start me Up
17 - Tumbling Dice
18 - Brown Sugar
19 - Sympathy for the Devil
Encore
20 - You Can´t Always Get What You Want
21 - Jumping Jack Flash
22 - Satisfaction with Mick Taylor

Hey - where did ADTL come from? Maybe we'd better wait until that lazy monkey gets round to tweeting the post-show pic of the setlist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 09:29 by Green Lady.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213...LastNext
Current Page: 8 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2094
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home