Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28
Re: Los Angeles May 20 Stones show live updates
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:32

No special guest announced. Tonight's fan choice might very well favor MT.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:33

ManofWealthandtaste, have a sunny time in Palm Springs.
We'll be looking for you in LA...no excitement since the Rockman hit the Strip.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:33

sonomastone
Glam Descendant
"Red House"! Taylor and Jagger have both performed it right?

love red house. i think jimi owns it at this point though...

Well of course, he wrote it!

I'm just talking about common ground. Jagger has also performed "Foxy Lady". But RH would be an ideal moment for MT.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:38

If MT ends up playing a cover tonight ... well ... I dont't know.

Date: May 21, 2013 05:41

Ideally it'll be a cover of that Carla Olson song. ;-)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:46

One look at the picture explains much of what is going on in Stones land. Jagger wants a sober band as long as Keith is not 100% on board he will remain at arms distance from Mick's love. I have little doubt this group is prepared to work if Keith doesn't put his best effort forward. I know this is hard for some to swallow but this is big business, Keith can do everyone a favor and work as hard as the rest of the group. Some of those SFTD solos are embarrassing for the band as well as us fans who love him.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:49

DoomandGloom
One look at the picture explains much of what is going on in Stones land. Jagger wants a sober band as long as Keith is not 100% on board he will remain at arms distance from Mick's love. I have little doubt this group is prepared to work if Keith doesn't put his best effort forward. I know this is hard for some to swallow but this is big business, Keith can do everyone a favor and work as hard as the rest of the group. Some of those SFTD solos are embarrassing for the band as well as us fans who love him.

You don't know what you're talking about

Posted by: Tonyz ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:50

I'll gladly take an extra MT song in exchange for a "special guest" on Saturday.

Posted by: JMARKO ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:55

Perhaps he's visiting with Ronnie to go over the fan choice: Sway?

There is a nice piece of paper on that coffee table seemingly bleached out.

Date: May 21, 2013 05:56

sonomastone
DoomandGloom

We've all heard it, KR can do better. Now Keith has hinted Taylor isn't prepared, Bullocks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 05:59 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: May 21, 2013 05:58

JMARKO

The light is bouncing off of it. It looks like a bit of wrapping paper, with a couple of gift-wrapped items underneath.

Besides Mick is the one who decides on the set lists--Mick Jagger, that is. The others merely sign off on it.

Posted by: MisterDDDD ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:00

Is it just my imagination or am I spotting a little weed pipe on the table by the smokes?...

Date: May 21, 2013 06:03

MisterDDDD
Is it just my imagination or am I spotting a little weed pipe on the table by the smokes?...

You mean the metal thingy next to the pen, partially obscured by the coffee cup? A bottle opener. 'Twas indeed just you're imagination, runnin' away with you....

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:08

i predict that since sway was a "vote it in" choice for tonight - that the "guest" is MT on Sway.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:13

hbwriter
i predict that since sway was a "vote it in" choice for tonight - that the "guest" is MT on Sway.
Cool.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:13

stonehearted

The light is bouncing off of it. It looks like a bit of wrapping paper, with a couple of gift-wrapped items underneath.

Besides Mick is the one who decides on the set lists--Mick Jagger, that is. The others merely sign off on it.[/quote]

Ok, ok. Yes, Mick picks the setlist, but I don't think that would preclude Taylor from going over the guitar arrangements with Ronnie after being informed that it was a go. Lord knows these guys aren't exactly cracking the whip as far as rehearsing goes.

But it's far more logical to think Mick Taylor or Ronnie Wood are sitting around wrapping gifts in the hour or two prior to a show.

I hope you aren't serious about that.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:26

JMARKO
stonehearted

Besides Mick is the one who decides on the set lists--Mick Jagger, that is. The others merely sign off on it.

Ok, ok. Yes, Mick picks the setlist, but I don't think that would preclude Taylor from going over the guitar arrangements with Ronnie after being informed that it was a go. Lord knows these guys aren't exactly cracking the whip as far as rehearsing goes.

But it's far more logical to think Mick Taylor or Ronnie Wood are sitting around wrapping gifts in the hour or two prior to a show.

I hope you aren't serious about that.[/quote]

Well, it isn't the seventies--or even the eighties--anymore, so things aren't as wild backstage before a gig like before. If they were going over guitar arrangements, I would think they would have their guitars in their hands--besides, wouldn't they want to go over such arrangements with the third guitarist as well? Or is Keith just gonna wing it, like in the old days? My guess is they covered that stuff during sound check.

How do you know they haven't been wrapping gifts? They're traveling, they have days off, they might have gone shopping and bought stuff to be sent out in the mail, for friends and family and the like. Mostly obscured by the flowers, it looks like a couple of books of varying size that have been gift-wrapped.

Take a look at the courtesy table at the opposite end of the room, before the black curtain and next to the lamp--that's a coffee pot and bottled water. That's how wild it is backstage in 2013.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:34

stonehearted
JMARKO
stonehearted

I hope you aren't serious about that.

Well, it isn't the seventies--or even the eighties--anymore, so things aren't as wild backstage before a gig like before. If they were going over guitar arrangements, I would think they would have their guitars in their hands--besides, wouldn't they want to go over such arrangements with the third guitarist as well? Or is Keith just gonna wing it, like in the old days? My guess is they covered that stuff during sound check.

How do you know they haven't been wrapping gifts? They're traveling, they have days off, they might have gone shopping and bought stuff to be sent out in the mail, for friends and family and the like. Mostly obscured by the flowers, it looks like a couple of books of varying size that have been gift-wrapped.

Take a look at the courtesy table at the opposite end of the room, before the black curtain and next to the lamp--that's a coffee pot and bottled water. That's how wild it is backstage in 2013.[/quote]Some bands like Ringo's have drug testing and booze prohibited. One Ringo all star told me in Japan he walked about 5 blocks from an arena in Japan just to grab a couple of cold ones. He put it to his mouth and was tapped on the shoulder by Ringo himself who had followed him along with his bodyguards. I have no idea if the Stones are that tight but there has to be some stiff rules and provisions for the money involved.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 06:35 by DoomandGloom.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:34

Tonight ends the western swing. Wonder if this is it for the west coast? I mean, forever? Kind of a strange feeling to think that this may be the last performance ever on the west coast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 06:35 by JumpinJackOLantern.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:37

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-21 07:34 by bye bye johnny.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:38

Some bands like Ringo's have drug testing and booze prohibited. One Ringo all star told me he walked about 5 blocks from an arena in Japan just to grab a couple of cold ones. He put it to his mouth and was tapped on the shoulder by Ringo himself who had followed him along with his bodyguards. I have no idea if the Stones are that tight but there has to be some stiff rules and provisions for the money involved. The tour has to be insured in case it's suddenly cancelled, to meet the criteria the musicians must follow some rules.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:38

JumpinJackOLantern
Tonight ends the western swing. Wonder if this is it for the west coast? I mean, forever? Kind of a strange feeling to think that this may be the last performance ever on the west coast.

No.
They'll be back next year.

Like Keith has said... once the wheel starts rolling...

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:40

DoomandGloom
sonomastone
DoomandGloom

We've all heard it, KR can do better. Now Keith has hinted Taylor isn't prepared, Bullocks!

When and where had Keith "hinted" this?

Date: May 21, 2013 06:42

MisterDDDD
JumpinJackOLantern

No.
They'll be back next year.

Like Keith has said... once the wheel starts rolling...

That's great, but will they return on a new album? Or is it going to be a continuation of 50 and Counting?

Date: May 21, 2013 06:42

stonehearted

Well, it isn't the seventies--or even the eighties--anymore, so things aren't as wild backstage before a gig like before.

Take a look at the courtesy table at the opposite end of the room, before the black curtain and next to the lamp--that's a coffee pot and bottled water. That's how wild it is backstage in 2013.

What??? No drugs??? No groupies??? No empty bottles of hard liquor??? Syringes?

No kidding it's not like that backstage anymore.

Exactly my point. They have people that would do things like wrap gifts for them.
And I'm guessing it would not be taking place in the dressing room right prior to the show by anyone who is in the freeking band!

If anything, the gifts were FOR Ronnie.

But I'm done with this inane thread.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:44

The same quotes regarding another tour has mentioned
a new album. My bet is studio time in Aug. and Sept. and then another tour starting October.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:46

Mel Belli
DoomandGloom
sonomastone
DoomandGloom

saw it the pages about Taylor, it seemed credible, someone will be more specific, he said MT's playing time will be decided based on rehearsal and performance I believe. In the meantime he sits in on Satisfaction, begs for more monitor volume while Keith plays all the leads.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:48

MisterDDDD
The same quotes regarding another tour has mentioned
a new album. My bet is studio time in Aug. and Sept. and then another tour starting October.

Now that would be awesome. The Stones should always be active in October either recording or touring. That month fits them perfectly.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:50

DoomandGloom
saw it the pages about Taylor, it seemed credible, someone will be more specific, he said MT's playing time will be decided based on rehearsal and performance I believe. In the meantime he sits in on Satisfaction, begs for more monitor volume while Keith plays all the leads.

Very credible. This has been the problem with Taylor for a long time. Always carping about sound onstage - at his own gigs and sitting in. Keith famously complained about Taylor joining them in Kansas City in 1981. Taylor played way too loud - as far as onstage volume - and overstayed his welcome.

Date: May 21, 2013 06:52

DoomandGloom
Mel Belli
DoomandGloom
sonomastone
DoomandGloom

Mick Taylor was only scheduled to perform one song on this tour, but thanks to BV and IORR we get him back on stage to close the show. Let's be thankful for getting an additional 5-7 minutes of MT. He is on stage now for almost 20 minutes. I am thrilled.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1683
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home