Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 105
Re: The Official "what songs are they going to use Mick Taylor on" thread ....
Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:22

Is the closing bow a "song"?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:35

I don't understand why they're not doing CYHMK with Taylor and Bobby. Seems like such a no brainer. If they're only gonna have him play one song, you'd think that'd be the one.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-04 19:40 by tatters.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:37

Wouldn't mind "Love In Vain" at Hyde Park........

Posted by: kharrison ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:40

Ditch the "guest" on Wild Horses and add Taylor, Rambler of course, and then bring him out for the encores....

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:51

paulywaul
Thought I'd start this thread because I suspect I'm probably not alone in thinking that using Mick Taylor for one just one song (Midnight Rambler as fully expected) at the opening show was a trifle disappointing. It would have been nice to have seen more of him.

So if we accept that he's more than likely going to be contributing to Rambler on pretty much every show, what else do you think he's likely to be contributing to the tour in general ? Or put another way, how do you think the Glimmers have planned to further use him, or incorporate him into the forthcoming shows.

They must have something up their sleeves, surely ? One song per show, but a different song each time ? Or gradually build up his contribution from just one song at the opening show to several songs per show - as the tour progresses ? What do people think ?

I think it would be astonishing and altogether extremely disappointing for a lot of people if they were simply to wheel him out for Midnight Rambler at each show they play, and that would ultimately be all we'd see of him. A true waste of his talents .............

For a man who was an integral part, but not wholly responsible for as some claim, of their 'golden age' one song seems a tad insulting, just a token bone been thrown to say that they included him. Sadly, from my understanding Mick T is not in a position to have much say in this and is unable to complain, instead he can only do what the band want him too. I feel for the guy, I can only imagine, this is just my opinion by the way, how frustrating it must be for him if this tour is a case of one song per night. He is clearly very enthusiastic to want to play a lot more. Its an awful long way to travel just for 8 minutes. However, Mick T is better than no Mick T.

Some of us have been disappointed by his one song limit last night,so I hope that people play fair and acknowledge that Bill's statements about disappointment were understandable indeed.

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: May 4, 2013 19:58

kharrison
Ditch the "guest" on Wild Horses and add Taylor, Rambler of course, and then bring him out for the encores....

I agree. It's a Stones gig and the guests last night are not my cup of tea. Personally I would prefer more Taylor and no other guests (OK, keep the choir idea).

Posted by: dougie ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:03

kharrison

Gwen's performance was beyond sad- where's the tomatoes? Taylor should be 'The Guest' and play music stones fans want. 2 or 3 songs seems good. Not the same single tune every show. Though I do love MR.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:03

WARHORSES to satisfy the masses

Gimme Shelter
Wild Horses
YCAGWYW

LESS WELL-KNOWN SONGS ...

Love In Vain
All Down The Line
Waiting On A Friend
Time Waits For No One
Sway
No Expectations
I'm Free

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:05

I very rarely complain about set lists - no matter what they play, I just hope they do it well - but I need to admit that the setlist last night was a big disappointment. Not that there is anything wrong with "Rambler" - it is always a show highlight for me - but the club show and some of Keith's sayings had risen expectations of Taylor's possible contribution that only that number really was a major turn down.

For me Taylor is the real "x factor" they have now for a fan like me, and the idea of having him there to play "Love In Vain" or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" - or a real dream: "Time Waits For No One" - is just about the only thing that interests me nowadays.

But all I can do is hope that he will be "used" more in the future.

And not "Love In Vain" from the club show circulating yet... Do we ever see/hear that? sad smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:05

teleblaster
Wouldn't mind "Love In Vain" at Hyde Park........

thumbs up Agreed !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:06

Flying Taylor all around the Usa.. Feeding, housing and paying him for only 1
Song is a complete waist of money.

Use him and get your moneys worth. One song. Agree with Bill!

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:15

Here's my list of songs that I think Taylor will play for the rest of the tour.

1. Midnight Rambler.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: May 4, 2013 20:24

Doxa
I very rarely complain about set lists - no matter what they play, I just hope they do it well - but I need to admit that the setlist last night was a big disappointment. Not that there is anything wrong with "Rambler" - it is always a show highlight for me - but the club show and some of Keith's sayings had risen expectations of Taylor's possible contribution that only that number really was a major turn down.

For me Taylor is the real "x factor" they have now for a fan like me, and the idea of having him there to play "Love In Vain" or "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" - or a real dream: "Time Waits For No One" - is just about the only thing that interests me nowadays.

But all I can do is hope that he will be "used" more in the future.

And not "Love In Vain" from the club show circulating yet... Do we ever see/hear that? sad smiley

- Doxa

I got my expectations up a little after Keith was on Fallon, and some other quotes, which as you said, pointed towards Taylor having a larger role. Which still may happen, it's just the first show. But not long after that I read the story about Bill being disappointed in his role, and all Keith's talk about him playing a larger role, which raised some doubts.

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:36

hot stuff
Flying Taylor all around the Usa.. Feeding, housing and paying him for only 1
Song is a complete waist of money.

Use him and get your moneys worth. One song. Agree with Bill!

Stones can save lots of money by having MickT share a room with Bernard Fowler or Ronnie Wood

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 4, 2013 20:54

This assumes that they WANT to get the best out of him. Apparently, they would rather throw some of us a bone with a token appearance than integrate him into what could be an amazing three-guitar attack for about half of the set. They did the same thing with Bill. I cannot possibly imagine what their intentions are, I only know that using him for one song (and why "MR", of all things?) is a complete waste of musical possibilities.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:25

71Tele
This assumes that they WANT to get the best out of him. Apparently, they would rather throw some of us a bone with a token appearance than integrate him into what could be an amazing three-guitar attack for about half of the set. They did the same thing with Bill. I cannot possibly imagine what their intentions are, I only know that using him for one song (and why "MR", of all things?) is a complete waste of musical possibilities.

Point taken, but yes ....... I am kind of assuming that they'd want to get the best out of him. Because basically, he shines ..... & they all shine.

Well anyway, whatever their plans for him, I only hope we see more of him in future shows than we did on 3rd May 2013 in LA.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:30

paulywaul
Thought I'd start this thread because I suspect I'm probably not alone in thinking that using Mick Taylor for one just one song (Midnight Rambler as fully expected) at the opening show was a trifle disappointing.

trifle? does that word mean the same where you live as where I live?

Date: May 4, 2013 21:33

GRNRBITW
paulywaul
Thought I'd start this thread because I suspect I'm probably not alone in thinking that using Mick Taylor for one just one song (Midnight Rambler as fully expected) at the opening show was a trifle disappointing.

There are two definitions, one is a desert, the other as correctly used in that sentence. As in "somewhat" or "a little bit".

Date: May 4, 2013 21:34

NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

There are two definitions, one is a desert, the other as correctly used in that sentence. As in "somewhat" or "a little bit".

Dessert winking smiley

Date: May 4, 2013 21:35

NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

well then i demand pauly repost with a different word. i'm more than a trifle upset that he used the wrong word.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:35

paulywaul
NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

Dessert winking smiley

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:36

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-17 22:34 by His Majesty.

Date: May 4, 2013 21:37

GRNRBITW
NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

well then i demand pauly repost with a different word. i'm more than a trifle upset that he used the wrong word.

Would ............ Thought I'd start this thread because I suspect I'm probably not alone in thinking that using Mick Taylor for one just one song (Midnight Rambler as fully expected) at the opening show was a tad disappointing ........... be acceptable to you ? winking smiley

Date: May 4, 2013 21:39

paulywaul
GRNRBITW
NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

Would ............ Thought I'd start this thread because I suspect I'm probably not alone in thinking that using Mick Taylor for one just one song (Midnight Rambler as fully expected) at the opening show was a tad disappointing ........... be acceptable to you ? winking smiley

it seems you have difficulty expressing your true feelings. there are places where they can help with this...

Date: May 4, 2013 21:44

GRNRBITW
paulywaul
GRNRBITW
NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

it seems you have difficulty expressing your true feelings. there are places where they can help with this...

Trust me on this ........ I NEVER have difficulty expressing my true feelings, and I certainly don't need any help in that department, thanks all the same. Catch you in the next thread ...............

Date: May 4, 2013 21:49

paulywaul
GRNRBITW
paulywaul
GRNRBITW
NoCode0680
GRNRBITW
paulywaul

Trust me on this ........ I NEVER have difficulty expressing my true feelings, and I certainly don't need any help in that department, thanks all the same. Catch you in the next thread ...............

in denial, i see. there ARE stages to this, you know

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 4, 2013 21:50

Just went speeding through all the gig threads looking for information about Mick Taylor involvement when I finally arrived at the sad news of again only Midnight Rambler. Yes, Emotional Rescue and Factory Girl are great surprises but I might trade them for more Mick Taylor. Hopefully this will change with future gigs.

Date: May 4, 2013 22:01

frankotero
Just went speeding through all the gig threads looking for information about Mick Taylor involvement when I finally arrived at the sad news of again only Midnight Rambler. Yes, Emotional Rescue and Factory Girl are great surprises but I might trade them for more Mick Taylor. Hopefully this will change with future gigs.

I'm now wondering what MT's contribution to the 2 Hyde Park shows is likely to be ? Midnight Rambler again, and ONLY that ........ or something else altogether ? Or possibly Rambler AND other things too ? fingers crossed for that. God only knows. Well, God AND the Glimmers too perhaps !!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:10

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-17 22:34 by His Majesty.

Posted by: Somegirl66 ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:15

Flying across Canada eh to Toronto for May 25th show & crossing my sticky fingers that MT will play: Sway(they rehearsed it with him twice) Winter would be be great too but wasn't played in rehearsals( I don't think Keith had much involvement writing that song, if any, despite his name on the credits..maybe that's why they never play it? Can you hear me knocking would be absolutely brillllllllllllliant!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2293
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home