Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 105
Re: The Official "what songs are they going to use Mick Taylor on" thread ....
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 4, 2013 22:16

His Majesty
paulywaul
frankotero
Just went speeding through all the gig threads looking for information about Mick Taylor involvement when I finally arrived at the sad news of again only Midnight Rambler. Yes, Emotional Rescue and Factory Girl are great surprises but I might trade them for more Mick Taylor. Hopefully this will change with future gigs.

I'm now wondering what MT's contribution to the 2 Hyde Park shows is likely to be ? Midnight Rambler again, and ONLY that ........ or something else altogether ? Or possibly Rambler AND other things too ? fingers crossed for that. God only knows. Well, God AND the Glimmers too perhaps !!

No god, so just Mick and Keith then. winking smiley

Yep, guess so ..........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: May 4, 2013 22:22

Shake your Hips and I Got The Blues

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:35

Sway
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Gimme Shelter
Love In Vain
Tumblin Dice
Dancing With Mr.D
HeartBreaker
Brown Sugar
Happy
Bitch
Angie
Jumpin Jack Flash

any of these in addition to Midnight Rambler would be a bonus
one can only pray.....

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 4, 2013 23:43

Captainchaos
any of these in addition to Midnight Rambler would be a bonus
one can only pray.....

in texas we use handguns, too....

Re: We want Mick Taylor on more than one song please
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:31

The Stones need MICK TAYLOR more now then
They ever needed him.

He gives a renewed life to tired songs..And to a tired band and its fans.

Lets make this a big party..A big Rocking Rolling Stones party!

Let Mick play!

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:46

Rollin92
paulywaul
Thought I'd start this thread because I suspect I'm probably not alone in thinking that using Mick Taylor for one just one song (Midnight Rambler as fully expected) at the opening show was a trifle disappointing. It would have been nice to have seen more of him.

So if we accept that he's more than likely going to be contributing to Rambler on pretty much every show, what else do you think he's likely to be contributing to the tour in general ? Or put another way, how do you think the Glimmers have planned to further use him, or incorporate him into the forthcoming shows.

They must have something up their sleeves, surely ? One song per show, but a different song each time ? Or gradually build up his contribution from just one song at the opening show to several songs per show - as the tour progresses ? What do people think ?

I think it would be astonishing and altogether extremely disappointing for a lot of people if they were simply to wheel him out for Midnight Rambler at each show they play, and that would ultimately be all we'd see of him. A true waste of his talents .............

For a man who was an integral part, but not wholly responsible for as some claim, of their 'golden age' one song seems a tad insulting, just a token bone been thrown to say that they included him. Sadly, from my understanding Mick T is not in a position to have much say in this and is unable to complain, instead he can only do what the band want him too. I feel for the guy, I can only imagine, this is just my opinion by the way, how frustrating it must be for him if this tour is a case of one song per night. He is clearly very enthusiastic to want to play a lot more. Its an awful long way to travel just for 8 minutes. However, Mick T is better than no Mick T.

Some of us have been disappointed by his one song limit last night,so I hope that people play fair and acknowledge that Bill's statements about disappointment were understandable indeed.

Absolutely. It would've been a waste of his time really if the terms were similar to what we see so far.

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:46

The Mick Taylor situation is a letdown.After Keiths appearance on Fallons show I actually believed that Taylor was going to be playing with them for the Majority (!) of the show in a "3 guitar attack"-that's the impression Keith gave.
I am a gullible fool.
Also,remember all the hoopla with the Exile re-release and Plundered My Soul and how Exile is the best stones album ever and all the critics love it and whenever theres alist in a music magazine of the "best albums of all time" its always in the top 5 somewhere? Well who played on it?
The same person sitting backstage twiddling his thumbs waiting for Midnight Rambler (the next warhorse) thats who.
What a waste.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:47

I'm very excited that The Stones are back on the road, but I have to be honest, Mick Taylor on only 1 song is very annoying.

Instead of merely billing the show as a 50th anniversary celebration, they should actually celebrate their history by allowing Taylor to play on a few more tunes from his tenure with the band, which if we're honest, was the period that produced the band's best output.

No disrespect to Ronnie, he's great too.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: May 5, 2013 02:49

Laughingsam
I'm very excited that The Stones are back on the road, but I have to be honest, Mick Taylor on only 1 song is very annoying.

Instead of merely billing the show as a 50th anniversary celebration, they should actually celebrate their history by allowing Taylor to play on a few more tunes from his tenure with the band, which if we're honest, was the period that produced the band's best output.

No disrespect to Ronnie, he's great too.

and this is no laughing matter, sam...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:06

Yes please, 3 songs would be terrific, more songs even better!

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 03:55

I'd love 3 Taylor songs, but I'd settle for 1 if he wore the afro wig.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:07

I would to hear Time Waits For No One.

Re: Mick there is still time to salvage this tour.....
Posted by: noughties ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:13

tatters
noughties
Why are set lists boring?
Because they are predictable
and we remember the performance of
the actual song as boring.
The warhorses are a problem only if
they don`t manage to breath new life into them.
Playing them tour after tour, concert after concert,
cannot possibly be very inspiring, or?
Anyway, they need to be inspired moments
to get across to the audience.
Even seldom played songs ain`t that great
if there`s something lacking. I remember
hearing “Paint It Black” for the first time
at the 2007 tour. It sounded heavy as lead.
The same with “The Last Time”.
The innocence is gone. Some has said that
“Sway” was “so so” too. The first part
of the show is the best. A pity many consider it
just a transportation phase.

Is this a poem?

- Thanks!

Posted by: theimposter ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:19

If nothing else, bring the man out for an encore song. I'd love to hear him on Brown Sugar or JJFLash one more time.

Posted by: ohcarol ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:40

Lol.... looks like they opened a can of worms! Er Mick we'd like you to stick around on stage and play a few more songs. How about it mate? Shur Mick, but let talk a little business first. About those song writing credits you and Keith seemed to have overlooked?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-05-05 04:48 by ohcarol.

Date: May 5, 2013 04:45

He's got to do Gimme Shelter. No one can play it like him.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:45

DandelionPowderman
Shake your Hips and I Got The Blues

Excellent!

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 5, 2013 04:59

Well, seems like it is business as usual... Keith being totally disconnected to the reality of The Stones. It will go down as the Three Guitar Interview, where he really does give the impression Taylor was going to be there for more than just one song. Snake oil anyone?

Well... I guess one song covers the 85 dollars nicely.

Posted by: No Expectations ()
Date: May 5, 2013 05:37

Yes...more Taylor!

Posted by: Markdog ()
Date: May 5, 2013 05:42

I'm a huge Ronnie fan and less so Mick Taylor but to bring him along and only play one song is crime. It should be 3 minimun, I could see a whole set even.

Date: May 5, 2013 05:44

From April 10th...

NoCode0680
stonehearted
bye bye johnny
Keith said essentially the same thing in his Chicago Sun Times interview, and Ronnie also hinted at it in his recent Absolute Radio interview.

Does sound like MT will have a more prominent role in these upcoming shows.

It's a shame about Bill Wyman, though. Perhaps if he had only accepted the invite to the U.S. shows, and bit the bullet and not been complaining to the press about being asked to do just 2 shows, then perhaps he, too, could be getting more time on stage with the upcoming shows, rather than not being involved at all. It would have been a treat for fans to have all 6 surviving Stones onstage at once.

You have to remember though, this is Keith talking. One of the reasons Bill was miffed is because when he initially talked to Keith he felt he was going to be more involved only to discover he was getting a couple songs. I think Keith talked a big game without consulting Mick, or something. So when he starts talking about how involved Taylor is going to be, part of me (though the main part hopes it's true) wonders if this is the same speech he gave Bill.

Move over Miss Cleo.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:25

More Taylor....his contribution needs much better recognition. Having him tag
along for just a couple songs is shameful.

Posted by: kpl ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:28

Agreed. The main reason that I bought tickets to this tour was MICK TAYLOR. Rolling Stone quotes Jagger as saying Taylor will have an "expanded role" on this tour and Keith said the same thing on Jimmy Falon. What a disappointment to hear he was out on stage for only one song. Especailly, after doing 2 songs in the club show with Love in Vain.
What percentage of the songs performed at Staples would sound better with Mick Taylor playing?
Ron Wood is weak.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:36

kpl
Agreed. The main reason that I bought tickets to this tour was MICK TAYLOR. Rolling Stone quotes Jagger as saying Taylor will have an "expanded role" on this tour and Keith said the same thing on Jimmy Falon. What a disappointment to hear he was out on stage for only one song. Especailly, after doing 2 songs in the club show with Love in Vain.
What percentage of the songs performed at Staples would sound better with Mick Taylor playing?
Ron Wood is weak.

What percentage? I say about 90%.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:38

Having pondered the situation ... MT is good but he is no longer a Rolling Stone. Eleven minutes is enough. Break it up however you want one song or three.

Posted by: nankerphlege ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:43

Ok they need to bring the Ampegs. There I said it. I have a literally like new v2 head and cab I would loan them if the svt are too much amp.
That being said they do need to use MT more the whole show would be good but a 4 song set would be great and realistic.

Go Dawgs!

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:49

Here's hoping he's being acclimatised to get the RS 'vibe' for a greater role later on. He's certainly looking better.

Seems atm he's mostly a dangling carrot to get nostalgic fan ticket sales.

Date: May 5, 2013 06:51

ts
Having pondered the situation ... MT is good but he is no longer a Rolling Stone. Eleven minutes is enough. Break it up however you want one song or three.

Sidemen and women stay on stage the whole show. There's no rule that says only "Rolling Stones" can stay on the stage for more than 11 minutes. They wouldn't have a bass player.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:53

Dear Mr. Nanker. Your "Go Dawgs" being an obvious homage to the SEC Elitists notwithstanding...respect your opinion.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: May 5, 2013 06:55

it almost sounds like people think the rolling stones are intentionally doing this to make their fans unhappy. which would make no sense.

there are a million reasons why he played only one song. maybe they weren't happy with how the others sounded. maybe he kept soloing over everyone else in the band. maybe he was sick. maybe he demanded extortionist amounts per song for performing. maybe their contract with their promotors doesn't allow special guests to play more than one song. etc.

instead of assuming mick and keith are intentionally trying to piss off their biggest fans for the sport of it, let's see what happens and see what they have to say about it.

to be constructive about the whole issue, why not start a petition on facebook or something to get them to have taylor play on more songs?

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 105

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home