Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Taylor and Wyman BOTH QUIT!!!
Posted by: canuguessmyname ()
Date: April 30, 2013 09:16

Ronnie has been wih the Stones longer than Brian, taylor or Bill.
Bill- Dec. 1962-1993. ( 30 + years); Taylor- 1969-1974 (4-5 years); Ronnie- 1975-present (38 years)!

"Beauty is only skin deep, we're all the same underneath." (KR) Love Is Strong...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 09:19 by canuguessmyname.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 30, 2013 09:46

Is this the kind of boring thread BV mentions in the new sticky thread?

confused smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:15

NoCode0680
stonehearted
NoCode0680
71Tele
instead of making a silly popularity contest out of it?

Somewhere a TV executive just got an idea for a reality show where all three guitarists (and Paul McCartney just for the hell of it) are locked in a mansion together to see which one Keith will give the rose to.

Macca's no slouch in the guitar department himself. If it weren't for the fact that he wasn't in Keith's band, I'd bet he'd get the rose--hell yeah, even above Mick Taylor.

I don't know, maybe it's because I can't imagine the two hanging out together, but when reading the part in "Life" about them chilling at Keith's beach house, I just got the feeling it was awkward. Maybe it's just because Keith didn't gush about him the way he did most people in his book. Other than the ones he tore to shreds that is.

He sure is gushing about George Harrison in this clip and also has kind things to say about The Beatles in general.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 21:40 by stonehearted.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:32

I'm interested in quality, not quantity.

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:44

They quit?!!?!

Jesus. I need a drink.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 11:56

canuguessmyname
Bill- Dec. 1962-1993. ( 30 + years); Taylor- 1969-1974 (4-5 years); Ronnie- 1975-present (38 years)!

Yeh really good. But aren't you forgetting someone?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 13:06

71Tele
NoCode0680
Whoah man, how about next time putting **Spoiler Alert** in your subject line. I haven't seen Crossfire Hurricane yet. Why don't you tell me how Django Unchained ends while you're at it.

smileys with beer

Come on! It is Terrintino. Almost every one dies.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: April 30, 2013 13:29

Beast of Babylon
I just want to point out that both of these men QUIT the rolling stones.... Let me say that again... Quit the rolling stones.

could you repeat it once or twice again so I will keep that in mind ?

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 30, 2013 13:39

71Tele
Thanks for the news flash.

Not sure it has to do with anything whatsoever. It is very fortunate that the childish and silly attitude displayed in your post (and by a few others) does not seem to be shared by the actual members of the Rolling Stones. If you want to be angry at the fact that Taylor has been invited back, perhaps you should bring it up with them.

Yet more defensiveness about Ronnie Wood. Yet I haven't heard anyone claim that Wood was being replaced - or even should be - so why the insecurity? Why not simply enjoy the three guitarists who have so richly contributed to the Stones' music instead of making a silly popularity contest out of it? It's music, not high school. Unless of course, you are in high school. Sure sounds like it.
well said !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:08

canuguessmyname

Does he get a gold watch? Or perhaps it is better to measure contributions by the musical accomplishments rather than mere longevity.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:08

HerMajestyBrenda
They quit?!!?!

Jesus. I need a drink.

best post of this thread.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:19

Why would they quit like that?

Posted by: straycatblues73 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 17:50

Roll73
canuguessmyname

Yeh really good. But aren't you forgetting someone?

he certainly is . dont let his majesty see this !

anyway taylor 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1974 -------yeah 4-5 years
--------------1--- 2----3----4----5----6---

basic maths

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 30, 2013 18:17

71Tele
TeddyB1018
I think the point is that everyone is whinging over the Stones treatment of MT and Bill in the 50 and Counting trek. Bill made demands, though he quit over twenty years ago. MT has not, he just has fans who would like to see him play more. Of course, he hasn't rejoined the band, he is a guest and ex-member. The Stones obviously haven't made plans to pack it in after this, or they would be less sensitive about overusing an ex-member and undermining the current lineup.

Did Bill make demands? What were they? Or was he just surprised and disappointed (rightly so, in my opinion) to be given a token two-song slot when he wanted and expected to be more involved? And what exactly was the point of never having Wyman and Taylor on stage at the same time? Seems a missed opportunity.

Yep, it would be a great moment to see the line up of the golden era back on stage: the two Micks, Keith, Bill and Charlie. No problem if Ronnie would be on stage at the same time, but to see only those 5 from 69-74 playing together like in the good old days would be tremendously nostalgic!

Date: April 30, 2013 18:19

kleermaker
71Tele
TeddyB1018
I think the point is that everyone is whinging over the Stones treatment of MT and Bill in the 50 and Counting trek. Bill made demands, though he quit over twenty years ago. MT has not, he just has fans who would like to see him play more. Of course, he hasn't rejoined the band, he is a guest and ex-member. The Stones obviously haven't made plans to pack it in after this, or they would be less sensitive about overusing an ex-member and undermining the current lineup.

Did Bill make demands? What were they? Or was he just surprised and disappointed (rightly so, in my opinion) to be given a token two-song slot when he wanted and expected to be more involved? And what exactly was the point of never having Wyman and Taylor on stage at the same time? Seems a missed opportunity.

Yep, it would be a great moment to see the line up of the golden era back on stage: the two Micks, Keith, Bill and Charlie. No problem if Ronnie would be on stage at the same time, but to see only those 5 from 69-74 playing together like in the good old days would be tremendously nostalgic!

"No problem if Ronnie would be on stage at the same time" ?

Date: April 30, 2013 18:23

I wonder if people realize how little Mick Taylor has done in the last 30 years? He has pretty much been a nobody, doing nothing, mostly known for canceling gigs.... and now all of sudden people think he can bring back the good days?

That is a slap in the face to Ronnie Wood, who for the last 30 years has been doing his job, making every Stones gig, doing his part to hold this band together, never once even teasing that he would be a quitter.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 30, 2013 18:44

Yawn.

Date: April 30, 2013 18:59

Didn't we have this argument last night??

My suggestion: Stop mentioning a MEMBER of the Rolling Stones in an unnecessary bad way, just to get your point across.

AND

Respect that Taylorites have suffered through almost 40 years of unbearable guitar playing, and give them the pleasure of, at least, hoping for more than the odd song with the band's guest, Taylor...

winking smiley

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:09

DandelionPowderman

Respect that Taylorites have suffered through almost 40 years of unbearable guitar playing, and give them the pleasure of, at least, hoping for more than the odd song with the band's guest, Taylor...

Good boy. winking smiley

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:18

71Tele

Not sure it has to do with anything whatsoever. It is very fortunate that the childish and silly attitude displayed in your post (and by a few others) does not seem to be shared by the actual members of the Rolling Stones. If you want to be angry at the fact that Taylor has been invited back, perhaps you should bring it up with them.

Yet more defensiveness about Ronnie Wood. Yet I haven't heard anyone claim that Wood was being replaced - or even should be - so why the insecurity? Why not simply enjoy the three guitarists who have so richly contributed to the Stones' music instead of making a silly popularity contest out of it? It's music, not high school. Unless of course, you are in high school. Sure sounds like it.

Exactly. It is childish to partially condemn someone for something they did 20 plus years ago. Does the poster actually care about great music? Why hold a grudge? I wonder how many people could even last 5 years in that atmosphere. We don't know.

Date: April 30, 2013 19:20

sanQ
71Tele

Exactly. It is childish to partially condemn someone for something they did 20 plus years ago. Does the poster actually care about great music? Why hold a grudge? I wonder how many people could even last 5 years in that atmosphere. We don't know.

Because it's perfectly possible to be excited about Taylor AND avoid saying bad things about other band members at the same time...

Date: April 30, 2013 19:23

Because it's perfectly possible to be excited about Taylor AND avoid saying bad things about other band members at the same time...thumbs up and it would be nice if that was the way it was....

And if that was the way it was, I would not even post much in these threads, but as long as people wanna Ronnie bash then I will point out the facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 19:25 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: April 30, 2013 19:34

Max'sKansasCity
I wonder if people realize how little Mick Taylor has done in the last 30 years? He has pretty much been a nobody, doing nothing, mostly known for canceling gigs.... and now all of sudden people think he can bring back the good days?

That is a slap in the face to Ronnie Wood, who for the last 30 years has been doing his job, making every Stones gig, doing his part to hold this band together, never once even teasing that he would be a quitter.

I don´t think it´s a slap in Ronnie´s face just to be happy to enjoy MT playing with them some of songs.
I don´t see any reason what this got to do what MT did in the last 30 years.
Wasn´t it Ronnie performing with him a couple of times in the past ?

Date: April 30, 2013 19:40

shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity

I don´t think it´s a slap in Ronnie´s face just to be happy to enjoy MT playing with them some of songs.

Lots of posters have been using Taylor's "come back" to slag Ronnie - starting threads like "Should Ronnie sit it out when Taylor enters", "move Ronnie to bass" etc. etc.

In other words: childish, bitter behaviour, instead of enjoying a good thing - something all posters should agree on...

Date: April 30, 2013 19:47

DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity

Lots of posters have been using Taylor's "come back" to slag Ronnie - starting threads like "Should Ronnie sit it out when Taylor enters", "move Ronnie to bass" etc. etc.

In other words: childish, bitter behaviour, instead of enjoying a good thing - something all posters should agree on...

I believe DandelionPowderman to be one the wisest, most peaceful and ROCKINGEST posters on IORR.

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 19:48

"A lot of that has to do with the songs. For me, that period with Mick Taylor at that age is probably the peak of the Rolling Stones band. Mick brought a quality to the Rolling Stones that they never, ever had before or since. I don't know why. I don't know how. Bands are a weird thing."

-- Charlie Watts BBC interview, 2011

Date: April 30, 2013 19:51

DandelionPowderman
shortfatfanny
Max'sKansasCity

I know DP...
It´s an stupid attitude to mix up different eras and members constantly just to promote one´s preferences while disrespecting band´s history.
Everyone got those prefernces,so do I, but instead being simply happy to see them touring again ( virtually,in my case ) it´s this damned bashing over and over again.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: April 30, 2013 20:17

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. It's pretty well known that Taylor and Wyman left the band of their own accord but that has nothing to do with upcoming shows. I for one am glad to see Ronnie and Keith actually playing, and playing well, again. Having Mick T play with the band, if even for a few songs, is icing on the cake and a dream come true for me.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: April 30, 2013 20:22

I think the point was that while the band may be willing to let bygones be bygones, the hardcore fan never forgives or forgets and takes these things as a personal affront. Taylor and Wyman abandoned us! We will never be civil to them even for the sake of the children. It's an admirable attitude and one that helps define fanaticism.

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: May 1, 2013 04:02

People make mistakes and do what they have to do. Everyone gets nostalgic. Everyone also deserves a second chance. If thats what they want. Obviously the Stones are in agreement.

I want all of them to try making new music together. Three guitars. I have never bashed Ronnie in my life. I know how talented he is. I know how talented they all are. It's the same guy who keeps starting this Ronnie vs Mick Taylor stuff and fanning the flames that we have already talked about on other threads.

Too overprotective. I'm sure he's not going anywhere.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2542
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home