Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Taylor and Wyman BOTH QUIT!!!
Posted by: Beast of Babylon ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:38

There has been so much talk lately about Bill and Mick T, either not getting there fair share of songs, or not being utilized properly and such. I just want to point out that both of these men QUIT the rolling stones.... Let me say that again... Quit the rolling stones. Mick cause of the drug pressures and beef about writing, and bill, well bill is bill, he "didn't want to fly".

MY point is this, be happy with what you have and stop the complaining. for 10 years ive been on this board and all i've heard is, bring in mick taylor, bring in MT.

YOU GOT WHAT YOU WANTED. IT MAY NOT BE HOW U IMAGINED IT. BUT YOU GOT IT.

and i also want to point out that Ronnie wood has been a stone longer that Bill, Mick T and Brian COMBINED.

BTW I LOVE THE FACT THAT MICK IS PLAYING WITH THEM. IM JUST POINTING OUT SIMPLE FACTS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 06:49 by Beast of Babylon.

Re: Taylor and Wyman BOTH QUIT!!!
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:42

Beast of Babylon
Ronnie wood has been a stone longer that Bill, Mick T and Brian COMBINED.

Almost, but not quite. In another four years or so that will be true.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 06:43 by tatters.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:44

Thanks for the news flash.

Not sure it has to do with anything whatsoever. It is very fortunate that the childish and silly attitude displayed in your post (and by a few others) does not seem to be shared by the actual members of the Rolling Stones. If you want to be angry at the fact that Taylor has been invited back, perhaps you should bring it up with them.

Yet more defensiveness about Ronnie Wood. Yet I haven't heard anyone claim that Wood was being replaced - or even should be - so why the insecurity? Why not simply enjoy the three guitarists who have so richly contributed to the Stones' music instead of making a silly popularity contest out of it? It's music, not high school. Unless of course, you are in high school. Sure sounds like it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 06:48 by 71Tele.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:45

Whoah man, how about next time putting **Spoiler Alert** in your subject line. I haven't seen Crossfire Hurricane yet. Why don't you tell me how Django Unchained ends while you're at it.

Date: April 30, 2013 06:47

NoCode0680
Whoah man, how about next time putting **Spoiler Alert** in your subject line. I haven't seen Crossfire Hurricane yet. Why don't you tell me how Django Unchained ends while you're at it.

smileys with beer

Date: April 30, 2013 06:48

I guess its how you view it Bill 62-90(did he do one more show after then
Brian(last show was rock and roll circus, and he wasent even turned up
Mick T 69-73/74

Ronnie 75-current.
Anyway, that wasent really the point of my post, but i get what ur saying

Date: April 30, 2013 06:50

I LOVE THE FACT THAT MICK IS PLAYING WITH THEM. IM JUST POINTING OUT SIMPLE FACTS

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:53

I'm not so certain Taylor quit. I mean, yeah, he did, but he saw the handwriting on the wall with Keith and Ronnie constantly together and playing together. Act Together.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 30, 2013 06:53

Beast of Babylon
I LOVE THE FACT THAT MICK IS PLAYING WITH THEM. IM JUST POINTING OUT SIMPLE FACTS

Well, no, actually, you're just YELLING OUT simple facts, and posting a hyperbolic subject line...

Date: April 30, 2013 06:54

71Tele

Yet more defensiveness about Ronnie Wood. Yet I haven't heard anyone claim that Wood was being replaced - or even should be - so why the insecurity? Why not simply enjoy the three guitarists who have so richly contributed to the Stones' music instead of making a silly popularity contest out of it? It's music, not high school. Unless of course, you are in high school. Sure sounds like it.

Not sure where i started a popularity contest? or even where i said i dont "enjoy 3 guitarist"....who is the defense-full one here. As for "being in high school". ive seen more stones tours then times you've been laid pal. if your gonna attack someone, a message board is a real manly place to do it....good for you 71tele

Date: April 30, 2013 06:55

Beast of Babylon

Simple facts that everyone here are well aware of, and are pretty irrelevant. But I guess stating it in ALL CAPS somehow makes it more important.

Date: April 30, 2013 07:01

Beast of Babylon
71Tele

Not sure where i started a popularity contest? or even where i said i dont "enjoy 3 guitarist"....who is the defense-full one here. As for "being in high school". ive seen more stones tours then times you've been laid pal. if your gonna attack someone, a message board is a real manly place to do it....good for you 71tele

ok then...I can't debate on your high level, obviously.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:09

I completely agree with 711Tele.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:10

That signature picture could be a bit bigger noh?

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:14

stonesrule

711Tele? is that your new monicker based on all your hours hanging outside the august establishment? winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-30 07:26 by swiss.

Date: April 30, 2013 07:24

71Tele
instead of making a silly popularity contest out of it?

Somewhere a TV executive just got an idea for a reality show where all three guitarists (and Paul McCartney just for the hell of it) are locked in a mansion together to see which one Keith will give the rose to.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:29

I think the point is that everyone is whinging over the Stones treatment of MT and Bill in the 50 and Counting trek. Bill made demands, though he quit over twenty years ago. MT has not, he just has fans who would like to see him play more. Of course, he hasn't rejoined the band, he is a guest and ex-member. The Stones obviously haven't made plans to pack it in after this, or they would be less sensitive about overusing an ex-member and undermining the current lineup.

Date: April 30, 2013 07:30

swiss
stonesrule

711Tele? is that your new monicker based on all your hours hanging outside the august establishment? winking smiley

Well, it sounds better than CircleKTele.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:33

Yah never know where this might lead, he got to play on one song during last series of concerts, more this time round, who knows what will follow that!?

The story continues in unexpected ways.

cool smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:35

NoCode0680
71Tele

Somewhere a TV executive just got an idea for a reality show where all three guitarists (and Paul McCartney just for the hell of it) are locked in a mansion together to see which one Keith will give the rose to.

Macca's no slouch in the guitar department himself. If it weren't for the fact that he wasn't in Keith's band, I'd bet he'd get the rose--hell yeah, even above Mick Taylor.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:37

71Tele
Thanks for the news flash.

Not sure it has to do with anything whatsoever. It is very fortunate that the childish and silly attitude displayed in your post (and by a few others) does not seem to be shared by the actual members of the Rolling Stones. If you want to be angry at the fact that Taylor has been invited back, perhaps you should bring it up with them.

thumbs up

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 30, 2013 07:41

TeddyB1018
I think the point is that everyone is whinging over the Stones treatment of MT and Bill in the 50 and Counting trek. Bill made demands, though he quit over twenty years ago. MT has not, he just has fans who would like to see him play more. Of course, he hasn't rejoined the band, he is a guest and ex-member. The Stones obviously haven't made plans to pack it in after this, or they would be less sensitive about overusing an ex-member and undermining the current lineup.

They aren't having him play more because they don't want to pay him more. It's all economics. They get the ticket sales bump by having him appear on a couple songs. No reason to pay him to play on more. This is not art (any more) it is a business.

Date: April 30, 2013 07:50

stonehearted
NoCode0680
71Tele

Macca's no slouch in the guitar department himself. If it weren't for the fact that he wasn't in Keith's band, I'd bet he'd get the rose--hell yeah, even above Mick Taylor.

I don't know, maybe it's because I can't imagine the two hanging out together, but when reading the part in "Life" about them chilling at Keith's beach house, I just got the feeling it was awkward. Maybe it's just because Keith didn't gush about him the way he did most people in his book. Other than the ones he tore to shreds that is.

Date: April 30, 2013 08:06

NoCode0680
stonehearted
NoCode0680
71Tele

I don't know, maybe it's because I can't imagine the two hanging out together, but when reading the part in "Life" about them chilling at Keith's beach house, I just got the feeling it was awkward. Maybe it's just because Keith didn't gush about him the way he did most people in his book. Other than the ones he tore to shreds that is.

I read Keith's mention of Paul and John in his memoir as a sign that the stones continue to be intimidated by the Beatles. Just re watched Mick's induction of the Beatles into the rock and roll ball of fame and it's probably the least gushing induction I have ever seen. And yet you'll never catch them slagging off the Beatles either. I think it is a sign of massive respect and intimidation - kind of like a big brother little brother thing.

Date: April 30, 2013 08:07

TeddyB1018

Did Bill make demands? What were they? Or was he just surprised and disappointed (rightly so, in my opinion) to be given a token two-song slot when he wanted and expected to be more involved? And what exactly was the point of never having Wyman and Taylor on stage at the same time? Seems a missed opportunity.

Date: April 30, 2013 08:33

sonomastone
TeddyB1018

They aren't having him play more because they don't want to pay him more. It's all economics. They get the ticket sales bump by having him appear on a couple songs. No reason to pay him to play on more. This is not art (any more) it is a business.

You don't know that.

Date: April 30, 2013 08:34

71Tele
TeddyB1018

Did Bill make demands? What were they? Or was he just surprised and disappointed (rightly so, in my opinion) to be given a token two-song slot when he wanted and expected to be more involved? And what exactly was the point of never having Wyman and Taylor on stage at the same time? Seems a missed opportunity.

Apparently the Stones did not agree to meet those expectations.

Date: April 30, 2013 08:34

TeddyB1018
sonomastone
TeddyB1018

You don't know that.

Correct.

Date: April 30, 2013 08:39

The Stones have paid a pittance to the likes of Ian McLagan and Bobby Keyes. Keith paid Bobby Keyes out his his pocket. For all we know, MT would have agreed to play more for not very much money. My guess (and it's a guess) is that he isn't playing more because the band still sees itself as an ongoing proposition and he hasn't been invited to rejoin as a full member. I don't think he sells that many tickets, though his inclusion adds to the general good will.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 30, 2013 09:10

It's like David Lee Roth quitting Van Halen and then trying for years to get back in.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1702
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home